Bad Kissers

Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
edited June 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Are you one ?

The best part of the story : Men Kiss to get Sexual Access..Ya Think !!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/personal/12/03/bad.kissers/index.html

Why bad kissers don't get to second base

Study finds that bad kissing can doom relationship

Research: Men kiss to get sexual access

Research: Women kiss as mate-assessment technique

Kisser: Accidental kiss better than planned kiss

By Jocelyn Voo

(LifeWire) -- Bad kissers -- we've all locked lips with one: the lizard, the washing machine, the cannibal, the spelunker.

more photos » "I knew this girl that I'll call Big Tongue," recalls Craig Hinkle, 38, a Westminster, California-based network administrator. "Her tongue was massive, and she insisted on trying to put the entire thing in my mouth. She was very forceful with it, and I started choking."

You can guess that relationship didn't last. And now, what Hinkle knows from experience is actually backed up by science: Bad kissers have little chance of getting to second base.

In a study published recently in the scientific journal "Evolutionary Psychology," 59 percent of men and 66 percent of women said they've been in the position of being attracted to someone -- until they kissed the person. Check out some famous kissing »

"At the moment of the kiss, there's a very complicated exchange of information ... that may tap into underlying evolved mechanisms" cluing us in on whether we're genetically compatible, explains Gordon Gallup, co-author of the study and professor of psychology at the State University of New York at Albany. "A kiss can be a deal-breaker in terms of whether a relationship will flower or flounder, so to speak."

Rachel Myeroff, 26, can attest to that. On a second date with a guy, says the New York City-based sales manager, "he just went in for it and attached himself to me in the sloppiest, most horrible kiss ever. He was just consuming my mouth. I most definitely did not call him again."

Why we kiss

Gallup's research suggests that men and women have different agendas when it comes to kissing, an act that occurs in 95 percent of human societies and is believed to have been first recorded in Vedic Sanskrit texts around 1500 B.C. in India.

For men, kissing is more often used as a means to an end -- namely, to gain sexual access. Men also are more likely to literally kiss and make up, using kissing to attempt reconciliation.

Women on the other hand use kissing as a mate-assessment technique, Gallup notes. They subconsciously evaluate mating potential from the chemicals in their partner's saliva and breath, for instance.

Women also use kissing as a bonding gesture, as well as to monitor the status of the relationship. If her partner's kissing frequency or technique suddenly changes, that perhaps is a sign of his waning interest.

Other gender differences uncovered by Gallup's research:

• Men show a greater preference for tongue contact and open-mouth kisses.

• Men are more willing than women to have sex with someone without kissing, as well as to have sex with someone they are not attracted to or consider to be a bad kisser.

• Women place more importance on kissing throughout a relationship, whereas men place less importance on it as the relationship progresses.

Improve your kiss

If you've ever been told to kiss off after smooching someone beneath the holiday mistletoe, fear not. Like other skills, one's kissing technique can be improved upon. Michael Christian, author of "The Art of Kissing" (under the pen name William Cane), offers classes, and there's a myriad of how-to books and DVDs.

To improve your technique, Christian suggests switching up your repertoire with different types of kisses:

• Vacuum kiss, in which you suck the air out of your partner's mouth while kissing

• Neck kiss, in which you kiss up and down your partner's neck

• "Lip-o-suction," in which you kiss the upper lip while your partner kisses the lower lip, and then you reverse.

Bad kisses, on the other hand, are relatively easy to pinpoint. "Bad kisses trigger the gag reflex," Christian says. "Bad kisses are also static and repetitious. Varying the speed, intensity and style can help."

Spontaneity also can help you get out of a slump.

"The best kisses are always the ones that happen accidentally," observes New York City resident Benjamin Kayne, 25, a digital media sales director. "(Planned kisses) are just tedious, and I'm sitting there thinking, 'Is this over yet? The commercial is over and I'm missing "CSI".' "
My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I would love to have a good kiss right now :D:D I love kissing... and it can always lead to lots more fun ;) Seriously though nothing like one of "those kisses"

*swoons*
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    I would love to have a good kiss right now :D:D I love kissing... and it can always lead to lots more fun ;) Seriously though nothing like one of "those kisses"

*swoons*

heehee I agree...yep, I could go for the lots more fun too! :p

But yes, bad kissers are not so fun. Last month I went on a few dates with a guy that was a really bad kisser...it was such a turn-off that I didn't want to do the other fun stuff (which is rare for me but that's how bad he was!). I don't want to be harsh but I couldn't help wonder, if he is that bad at kissing, is he horrible at the other stuff?

But yeah, Suzi, there is nothing like a great kiss :D
  • I would love to have a good kiss right now :D:D I love kissing... and it can always lead to lots more fun ;) Seriously though nothing like one of "those kisses"

*swoons*

Don'tcha hate the build up and then you're let down :(

This one girl I dated her kisses were so wet it was nasty !

Kissing while drunk can be fun :)

• heehee I agree...yep, I could go for the lots more fun too! :p

But yes, bad kissers are not so fun. Last month I went on a few dates with a guy that was a really bad kisser...it was such a turn-off that I didn't want to do the other fun stuff (which is rare for me but that's how bad he was!). I don't want to be harsh but I couldn't help wonder, if he is that bad at kissing, is he horrible at the other stuff?

Haha I totally know what you mean :p Similar to if a guy has yucky hands... well I always think the hands are like the pre view of a movie.. if you didn't like the preview well than you aren't going to like the main attraction :eek:

Yeah bad kissing is not so much fun..but good kissing.. well that can be hours of good fun :D
  • heehee I agree...yep, I could go for the lots more fun too! :p

What was the turn-off ??

What was he doing ?

Kissing has to be on top of the list for me while dating or getting married

Haha I totally know what you mean Similar to if a guy has yucky hands... well I always think the hands are like the pre view of a movie.. if you didn't like the preview well than you aren't going to like the main attraction :eek:

Yeah bad kissing is not so much fun..but good kissing.. well that can be hours of good fun :D

HAHA! Yep, I remember one time I was riding the train in Germany when my friend and I met some American guys...one was super hot and flirty and I remember thinking "hmm...wouldn't mind having some fun with him" but then I noticed his hands and he had DIRT under his finger nails...and I don't mean a little but a LOT...and I'm thinking "GROSS!" because I so did not want his fingers to go...well you know! :o:p So nothing happened with that guy!

Yep, good kissing is lots of fun! :D
    What was the turn-off ??

What was he doing ?

Kissing has to be on top of the list for me while dating or getting married

Just REALLY wet kisses...like when he would kiss my neck or whatever he would leave it full of drool...gross! And I love tongue, but he did not know how to use his...it was just annoying...Oh, the story of our last date was so horrible it is very funny, but I don't think it is suitable for this thread! :p Pretty gross though!

I agree, kissing has to be on the top of the list for me too.
  • Just REALLY wet kisses...like when he would kiss my neck or whatever he would leave it full of drool...gross! And I love tongue, but he did not know how to use his...it was just annoying...Oh, the story of our last date was so horrible it is very funny, but I don't think it is suitable for this thread! :p Pretty gross though!

I agree, kissing has to be on the top of the list for me too.

That is nasty

My thing is how do go about telling them they can't kiss ??

Or you're turned off by it

• holtzholtz Posts: 509
    My thing is how do go about telling them they can't kiss ??

Or you're turned off by it

I was with this girl that was a horrible kisser, sloppy wet and she would stick her tongue as far down my throat as she could, and I actually told her to stop kissing me it was so bad. I had to tell her to stop with the tongue cause I was feeling like I was going to get sick.
  • i was 19 when i was kissing this 29 yo. she said that my kissing was "okay"... she said i needed to let myself lose, but that i had "potential". so a week later... i had kinda practiced and we were kissing again... turns out, i'm a fast learner ... and a great kisser too ;)

(p.s. kissing older hot girls is hot)
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • holtz wrote:
    I was with this girl that was a horrible kisser, sloppy wet and she would stick her tongue as far down my throat as she could, and I actually told her to stop kissing me it was so bad. I had to tell her to stop with the tongue cause I was feeling like I was going to get sick.
    that can be hot sometimes... but not too much. i'd probably start gagging if i felt her tongue at the end of my throat. ugh :eek:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I love kissies... drunken kissies also rock lots!

Bad kissers are totally off-putting though, its not that hard yet people seem to eff it up so bad... such a turn-off!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • holtz wrote:

I would have puked !

I have a quick gag reflex

• now this guy is a great kisser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9MVJjnFWis
  • now this guy is a great kisser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9MVJjnFWis

Classic technique there

;)

• holtzholtz Posts: 509
    that can be hot sometimes... but not too much. i'd probably start gagging if i felt her tongue at the end of my throat. ugh :eek:

Thats what happened, I started to feel like I was gagging and I turned my head to the side to stop her, not good. I still can't believe how bad she was at kissing, worst I've ever been with, by far.
  • I'll never forget the first kiss with my last boyfriend. Oh my god, it was awful! :o I should have just gotten out of the car right then and never looked back...lol! He improved a bit, over time, but never really got "good".

My husband is a great kisser. :D
  • HAHA! Yep, I remember one time I was riding the train in Germany when my friend and I met some American guys...one was super hot and flirty and I remember thinking "hmm...wouldn't mind having some fun with him" but then I noticed his hands and he had DIRT under his finger nails...and I don't mean a little but a LOT...and I'm thinking "GROSS!" because I so did not want his fingers to go...well you know! : o : p So nothing happened with that guy!

Yep, good kissing is lots of fun! :D

I once saw a man cleaning his nails with a box cutter in a take away restaurant :eek:

Ahhh kisses :D
    I once saw a man cleaning his nails with a box cutter in a take away restaurant :eek:

Ahhh kisses :D

A box cutter :eek:

Sounds like a classy guy! Did you ask him out? :p
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    A box cutter :eek:

No she did NOT. That's when I gave up on personal hygeine.
    Rygar wrote:

HAHA!!! Ewwwwww :p
    HAHA!!! Ewwwwww :p

Hehehe, I kid I kid - I still clean my fingernails.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    My last ex was a very sub-par kisser.

I like kissing, but kissing her wasn't too exciting...well maybe for the simple fact that I know it did lead to other stuff so I put up with it. :p
    Rygar wrote:
    Hehehe, I kid I kid - I still clean my fingernails.

SURE you do! :p
    mca47 wrote:
    My last ex was a very sub-par kisser.

I like kissing, but kissing her wasn't too exciting...well maybe for the simple fact that I know it did lead to other stuff so I put up with it. :p

I WISH I could say that about my ex, but unfortunately he was a very good kisser...I still think about our first kiss sometimes...too bad he was such as ass though! :p
  • Rygar wrote:

Well I was trying to work up the nerve :o
  • A box cutter :eek:

Ask him out???!!!!! I married him :p

We had our wedding catered by KFC. Class ALL the way :rolleyes: ;)
    Well I was trying to work up the nerve :o

That's my fault.
    My box cutter can be kind of intimidating. I should have put it away.
    Ask him out???!!!!! I married him :p

We had our wedding catered by KFC. Class ALL the way :rolleyes: ;)

Yeah baby! And I bet he wore a wife-beater shirt and you wore a bikini? :p
  • Rygar wrote:
    That's my fault.
    My box cutter can be kind of intimidating. I should have put it away.

Kind of :rolleyes: :eek:

And now you wait until I am in freakin' Alberta :p