Options

HGH, anyone ever done a cycle of it???

Comments

• Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    You're just an ectomorph, that's all. It doesn't matter how much everyone else eats compared to you. If you're not gaining weight, you're not eating enough. Period. HGH or whatever else won't help you if you're not eating enough in the first place. Those things will speed up your gains, but nothing overrides the fact that you have to eat more calories than you're burning in order to gain weight.

If you're not gaining on your current diet, eat more. And if you start gaining more fat than muscle, change yer macronutrient ratios.

The only time I ever weighted this much before was when I barely ate, but had a very physical job and drank alot of beer everday. Now, I eat tons of carbs, protein, and a good amount of fat and I don't like sweets. I've ate like this for a long time, but since I've started lifting and adding supplements (including maltodextrin) I've gained about 20lbs. These gains are muscle and my build is nice. To gain 10 to 20 more lbs. seems like its going to take something extra.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    To gain 10 to 20 more lbs. seems like its going to take something extra.
    Just extra time, that's it. The way your body puts on weight works exactly the same after your newb gains as it does during them.
  • Options
    I think your a little too obsessive about your appearance. It sounds like you work out and take plenty good care of yourself as it is....

Nobody is gonna care about that little extra muscle. And nobody is gonna stop you walking down the street and say "hey, nice bone mass"

No, but I my bones are osteopenic and I could actually be crippled by 50 or 60. Thats coming from a endocrinoligist and a bone mass test. Eating right and lifting weights help, but something like this is worth trying in my situtation.

And I'm not too obsessive. Sure, I like looking nice, but this is all for me. My fiance works out with me and we just like being in shape. I want the most I can get out of all this. I'm experimenting.

First of all, there arent any quality studies done on arginine. Second of all, creatine does not give the results to make it worth the price. In fact, I found that besides recovering faster from working out when I first start up again after taking a break, it does not really offer any benefits for me........not to mention that nobody knows the long term effects of this stuff. I tried all this shit in high school and early college and it did nothing for me. I have made my biggest muscle and strength gains from eating healthy, lifting, running (both sprints and jogging), and alot of sleep. Why try to be somebody else? Why not just workout to become as big as you can be?

I'm trying to do something with my self. Experimenting to a degree, but I also have the bone mass thing. Creatine is a standard supplement for those wanting to get bigger. Creatine works by flooding the muscles with fluid (that delivers the nutrients) and its no secret. I can't tell you if these gains are because of the creatine, sugars, or Aftershock (which just has certain amino acids that breakdown into other aminoacid over long periods of time + anitoxidents + glutamine), but thats whats different from times before when I didn't have these gains and still had the excercise, mulitvitamins, and whey protein and great diet. I really feel like the sugars have alot to do with it.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    No, but I my bones are osteopenic and I could actually be crippled by 50 or 60. Thats coming from a endocrinoligist and a bone mass test. Eating right and lifting weights help, but something like this is worth trying in my situtation.

And I'm not too obsessive. Sure, I like looking nice, but this is all for me. My fiance works out with me and we just like being in shape. I want the most I can get out of all this. I'm experimenting.

I'm trying to do something with my self. Experimenting to a degree, but I also have the bone mass thing. Creatine is a standard supplement for those wanting to get bigger. Creatine works by flooding the muscles with fluid (that delivers the nutrients) and its no secret. I can't tell you if these gains are because of the creatine, sugars, or Aftershock (which just has certain amino acids that breakdown into other aminoacid over long periods of time + anitoxidents + glutamine), but thats whats different from times before when I didn't have these gains and still had the excercise, mulitvitamins, and whey protein and great diet. I really feel like the sugars have alot to do with it.

From my understanding of creatine, it just floods your muscles with water. So you have a bloated look. As far as growing muscle, I don't think it has much effect.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Saturnal wrote:
    You're just an ectomorph, that's all. It doesn't matter how much everyone else eats compared to you. If you're not gaining weight, you're not eating enough. Period. HGH or whatever else won't help you if you're not eating enough in the first place. Those things will speed up your gains, but nothing overrides the fact that you have to eat more calories than you're burning in order to gain weight.

If you're not gaining on your current diet, eat more. And if you start gaining more fat than muscle, change yer macronutrient ratios.

We have a winner! You totally hit the nail on the head.

And this is what people are getting at reversedarwinism, you are looking for a quick fix, but ultimately if you don't increase the number of calories you're eating the muscle tissue you are trying to build won't have the necessary nutrients to produce it. It stands to reason that as you slowly put on the muscle you must increase your calorie intake too if you wish to keep growing bigger. I think this is where a lot of smaller guys struggle when it comes to putting on weight becasue eating can become an absolute chore, and it requires an amazing amount of dedication.
  • Options
    We have a winner! You totally hit the nail on the head.

And this is what people are getting at reversedarwinism, you are looking for a quick fix, but ultimately if you don't increase the number of calories you're eating the muscle tissue you are trying to build won't have the necessary nutrients to produce it. It stands to reason that as you slowly put on the muscle you must increase your calorie intake too if you wish to keep growing bigger. I think this is where a lot of smaller guys struggle when it comes to putting on weight becasue eating can become an absolute chore, and it requires an amazing amount of dedication.

I understand that I'm feeding myself. My appetite is even bigger than before. I eat at bedtime. I crave food all the time and feel the need to constantly eat carbs and protein to keep my gains. Yet, keep eating even more food - good advice, thanks yall. I'm still going to do the other things, but I'll keep doing that too.
  • Options
    I understand that I'm feeding myself. My appetite is even bigger than before. I eat at bedtime. I crave food all the time and feel the need to constantly eat carbs and protein to keep my gains. Yet, keep eating even more food - good advice, thanks yall. I'm still going to do the other things, but I'll keep doing that too.

Have you actually sat down and worked out your calorie requirements in order to put weight on? Depending on how often you exercise you could require nearly double the calories that an average sedentary person would.
  • Options
    Have you actually sat down and worked out your calorie requirements in order to put weight on? Depending on how often you exercise you could require nearly double the calories that an average sedentary person would.

Oh, I'm sure that right now I'm more than doubleing the needs of a sedentary person. In fact, before I started this work out routine, I probaby ate about double the average sedentary person. I'm eating more now, but I can easily find ways to get even more calories. Sometimes, when I'm working I slam a couple of high-calorie shakes; I could do that more often. And so much of the food is for free! I have all the reference materials at work to calculate my requirements. I may do that, but I have to consider that I'm a very high metabolism ectomorph.
  • Options
    Oh, I'm sure that right now I'm more than doubleing the needs of a sedentary person. In fact, before I started this work out routine, I probaby ate about double the average sedentary person. I'm eating more now, but I can easily find ways to get even more calories. Sometimes, when I'm working I slam a couple of high-calorie shakes; I could do that more often. And so much of the food is for free! I have all the reference materials at work to calculate my requirements. I may do that, but I have to consider that I'm a very high metabolism ectomorph.

Honestly...

It sounds like your self-esteem needs a boost as well.

Be happy with what you look like. If you already work as hard you're probably in great shape.

Eating excessive amounts of food and supplements can't be healthy for your body and will eventuallytake their toll.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    The guys that I know that have taken it have loved it. Anyone here ever done it? What forms do you reccommend? I haven't looked into the different products yet.

I've been lifting and riding my bike consistently for about 3 months and following this

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek37.htm

, and I've gained 15-20 lbs of muscle. Even though my results are obvious and I like them, I think I'm close to reaching a plateau. I've never taken steriods, but I'm very interested in HGH. I wanted to make sure that it increased bone density before I decided on it, and it does do that. Just wanted to check the pit for additional testimonials.

15 to 20 lbs of muscle? no way. I've been lifting for 6 years off and on. I've been around LOTS of meatheads. The most the human body can gain is about 5 lbs of true muscle per year. The rest is probably water weight or fat.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    the best ways to get "big"

eat 5 - 7 meals a day
    take in 2 grams of protein for every lb of weight
    take in 6,000 calories a day or so, depending on your current weight
    don't overload on fat, and eat good carbs (not sugars)
    drink a protein shake after working out, 60 grams of protein, glutamine, creatine
    eat 4 tablespoons of peanut butter before bed

lift 5 or 6 times a week
    start out light, lots of reps
    work into doing lower reps, more weight
    do cardio 3 or 4 times a week so you don't get fat!
    work out your mid section (abs) 3 or 4 times per week!
    use the "mind muscle connection" when you get good enough

remember it is 50/50. nutrition and weight training.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    I got bigger biceps for a bit...but now I have cancer from it.

woohoo....

ordering more tomorrow...maybe I can get biceps to grow on my tumors.

yeah...more mass!
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    remember it is 50/50. nutrition and weight training.

I look at more like 90/10 nutrition v.s. weight training..

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options

Well I say 50/50. are you as big as me? ;)
  • Options
    lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    I agree with that ratio.
  • Options

No disrespect, but I can't believe you're planning on doing HGH when you haven't even worked out exactly what your body needs to maximise muscle gain. Guessing is no good, and if you have a higher than normal metabolism, you will need even more food. I'm by no means an expert on these things, but it doesn't sound like you have much more of a clue either. Perhaps you would be best off asking a doctor for advice about the HGH before you go ahead with it, particularly as you said you have a bone condition.
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    No disrespect, but I can't believe you're planning on doing HGH when you haven't even worked out exactly what your body needs to maximise muscle gain. Guessing is no good, and if you have a higher than normal metabolism, you will need even more food. I'm by no means an expert on these things, but it doesn't sound like you have much more of a clue either. Perhaps you would be best off asking a doctor for advice about the HGH before you go ahead with it, particularly as you said you have a bone condition.

It took me a year of being incredibly stressed during college, the minimal workouts, and eating terrible foods for me to finally gain weight and have my metabolism slow down.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options

I want to be relatively relaxed with it. It will be easy for me to look at a typical day and calculate the calories, so I may work on that while I'm trying to figure out what to do at work today. An educated guess (this is my feild), I'd say I'm getting 4,000 to 5,000 calories a day. But I'll figure it out. My job is such cheese right now. I do know alot about nutrition and body science when it comes to the bone thing. The endocrinologist told me exactly and prescribed exactly what I thought he would from the research I'd done. Thats why I'm feeling better about the HGH thing than the TREN 13 type of prohormone. It'll be alright.
    15 to 20 lbs of muscle? no way. I've been lifting for 6 years off and on. I've been around LOTS of meatheads. The most the human body can gain is about 5 lbs of true muscle per year. The rest is probably water weight or fat.

Well, can't be fat and don't think its water weight either considering my water output/ input. Plus, I shit all the time. I've gained very noticable muscle mass, and about 20 lbs. I don't know how much of the weight is acutal muscle. My body was at 125 and was very capable of putting this weight on with out it being fat. I once tested my body fat and it was 4% and its not anymore than that now.
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Honestly...

It sounds like your self-esteem needs a boost as well.

Be happy with what you look like. If you already work as hard you're probably in great shape.

Eating excessive amounts of food and supplements can't be healthy for your body and will eventuallytake their toll.

I"m happy with how I look and I have a great life. I've obviously got somewhat defensive about the HGH thing, but it doens't matter because I want to do it. Really, I don't have any self-esteem issues. Even when I weight 125 at almost 5'10" I think I look nice. To me, skinny is a million times better than slightly fat. Sometimes, I'd like to make more money and I critizise myself for mistakes I've made in that area, but thats a whole other subject and I'm actually doing quite well with money now. I'm experimenting with myself while I do these good things for myself. I'm healthy and the food I eat is good food. I'm getting some good tips here, too.
  • Options
    Well I say 50/50. are you as big as me? ;)

Weight training only damages/stresses the muscle in order for nutrition rebuild it.

That's how I look at it. Size has nothing to do with it really, muscle tissue is muscle tissue imo...

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Weight training only damages/stresses the muscle in order for nutrition rebuild it.

That's how I look at it. Size has nothing to do with it really, muscle tissue is muscle tissue imo...

you're right that weight training damages the muscle. It "tears" the microscopic muscle fibers and when they heal, they become bigger. Of course for them to heal properly and quickly you have to have excellent nutrition.

The more you tear and repair, the bigger and more muscular you will get.

I don't know what you mean by "size has nothing to do with it really, muscle tissue is muscle tissue imo"
  • Options

I"m happy with how I look and I have a great life. I've obviously got somewhat defensive about the HGH thing, but it doens't matter because I want to do it. Really, I don't have any self-esteem issues. Even when I weight 125 at almost 5'10" I think I look nice. To me, skinny is a million times better than slightly fat. Sometimes, I'd like to make more money and I critizise myself for mistakes I've made in that area, but thats a whole other subject and I'm actually doing quite well with money now. I'm experimenting with myself while I do these good things for myself. I'm healthy and the food I eat is good food. I'm getting some good tips here, too.

You don't do steroids if you have a huge amount of self-esteem

Experiments are for rats not humans...be careful.
  • Options

Well, can't be fat and don't think its water weight either considering my water output/ input. Plus, I shit all the time. I've gained very noticable muscle mass, and about 20 lbs. I don't know how much of the weight is acutal muscle. My body was at 125 and was very capable of putting this weight on with out it being fat. I once tested my body fat and it was 4% and its not anymore than that now.

You're 145 pounds.....You just gained 20 lbs of muscle......You have 4% body fat....???

I doubt it
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    You're 145 pounds.....You just gained 20 lbs of muscle......You have 4% body fat....???

I doubt it

Yep, I call bull shit too. Sorry, but I think we need to see pictures, 4% body fat is nearing dangerously low levels.

At 145 lbs, 5'9" and only 4% body fat you would be looking pretty damn big already.
  • Options
    Yep, I call bull shit too. Sorry, but I think we need to see pictures, 4% body fat is nearing dangerously low levels.

At 145 lbs, 5'9" and only 4% body fat you would be looking pretty damn big already.

Yeah, I realize that; men need 3% just to live. And I said I gained 20lbs. Muscle is the only thing that looks different on me. No new fat that is visible and its not water ang gut wieght from as far as I can tell. So what is the weight? Muscle is the only thing that looks different. Last time I measured at the doctor I was 5'10", but I think its more like 5'9.5". And at 5'9" ideal body weight is 160lbs with the IDB range at 144 to 176. I'm just now barely into the bottom of my IDB range. I have gains, no fat and still I'm not looking that built. Slightly built, certainly built for me and my recent past, but not like yall are thinking. If I have more than 4% now, its not much more.
  • Options
    I was able to grow a third testicle on HGH...

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options

The more you tear and repair, the bigger and more muscular you will get.

....IF the nutrition is there. Otherwise muscle tissue cannibalizes itself for energy.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    You don't do steroids if you have a huge amount of self-esteem

Experiments are for rats not humans...be careful.

Again, what I'm looking into is not steroids less strong and more natural. I've done drugs before... sorta similar, don't ya think? I will monitor myself very close.
  • Options
    Yeah, I realize that; men need 3% just to live. And I said I gained 20lbs. Muscle is the only thing that looks different on me. No new fat that is visible and its not water ang gut wieght from as far as I can tell. So what is the weight? Muscle is the only thing that looks different. Last time I measured at the doctor I was 5'10", but I think its more like 5'9.5". And at 5'9" ideal body weight is 160lbs with the IDB range at 144 to 176. I'm just now barely into the bottom of my IDB range. I have gains, no fat and still I'm not looking that built. Slightly built, certainly built for me and my recent past, but not like yall are thinking. If I have more than 4% now, its not much more.

Ok, just so we can clarify, this is the level of definition you have at the moment right? http://www.scrawnytobrawny.com/images/jb-4.jpg that's what 4% body fat looks like, and most people would be hardcore dieting to get down there, but you need massive amounts of calories just to maintain even that level of fat.

If you are hitting a plateau and your body works at such an unbelivably fast rate that your body fat is that low, you undoubtedly need to reduce the cardio and start pounding down way more food. Cardio is just going to boost your metabolism even faster meaning you are going to need to eat even more. I'm not surprised you aren't putting on much weight if your metabolism is so fast that you are at 4% body fat.
  • Options
    Ok, just so we can clarify, this is the level of definition you have at the moment right? http://www.scrawnytobrawny.com/images/jb-4.jpg that's what 4% body fat looks like, and most people would be hardcore dieting to get down there, but you need massive amounts of calories just to maintain even that level of fat.

If you are hitting a plateau and your body works at such an unbelivably fast rate that your body fat is that low, you undoubtedly need to reduce the cardio and start pounding down way more food. Cardio is just going to boost your metabolism even faster meaning you are going to need to eat even more. I'm not surprised you aren't putting on much weight if your metabolism is so fast that you are at 4% body fat.

Oh no. Don't look like that. I guess I'm not too far from that. Not as defined and I wasn't like that when I did test it. I'm skinny and you can't pull very much skin off me. If I can figure out how to test my body fat% I will. The place I tested it in 2004 isn't there anymore. I was in a class and we went to this gym to test with this machine. The two girls I dated in the class were at 14% body fat and our books said women need 12%. Everyone else there (all women) was way, way higher. If its 4%, 6% or even 8%, The body fat hasn't visibly changed as I've gained this 20lbs.

I like doing the cardio. I realize how it contradicts my weight goals. I'll just have to eat even more. I ususaly bike to work and back (5 miles), and sex is like really good cardio too. Though, this week I haven't biked at all, cause I'm taking the kids places.
  • Options
    Oh no. Don't look like that. I guess I'm not too far from that. Not as defined and I wasn't like that when I did test it. I'm skinny and you can't pull very much skin off me. If I can figure out how to test my body fat% I will. The place I tested it in 2004 isn't there anymore. I was in a class and we went to this gym to test with this machine. The two girls I dated in the class were at 14% body fat and our books said women need 12%. Everyone else there (all women) was way, way higher. If its 4%, 6% or even 8%, The body fat hasn't visibly changed as I've gained this 20lbs.

I like doing the cardio. I realize how it contradicts my weight goals. I'll just have to eat even more. I ususaly bike to work and back (5 miles), and sex is like really good cardio too. Though, this week I haven't biked at all, cause I'm taking the kids places.

I'm really confused to be honest. I can't believe you are that dedicated to putting on this muscle, so much so that you are willing to risk putting something in your body that could potentially have serious repercussions, yet you guess your calorie intake, sabotage your gains by doing too much cardio and don't bother to monitor things like bodyfat - which is pretty much essential for determining body composition and for tracking your gains. Sounds to me like you need to do some more research or set a more realistic goal, rather than looking for a quick fix.