Options

HGH, anyone ever done a cycle of it???

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited July 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
The guys that I know that have taken it have loved it. Anyone here ever done it? What forms do you reccommend? I haven't looked into the different products yet.

I've been lifting and riding my bike consistently for about 3 months and following this

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek37.htm

, and I've gained 15-20 lbs of muscle. Even though my results are obvious and I like them, I think I'm close to reaching a plateau. I've never taken steriods, but I'm very interested in HGH. I wanted to make sure that it increased bone density before I decided on it, and it does do that. Just wanted to check the pit for additional testimonials.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    They did a show on MTV's True Life about this once.. The guy literally lost it while taking rounds of this stuff. He wanted to kill himself and crap. I say, go at it that natural way. Your body will push itself to the extremes it can handle. 20lbs of muscle is a lot. You have to be very careful with that stuff.
  • Options
    They did a show on MTV's True Life about this once.. The guy literally lost it while taking rounds of this stuff. He wanted to kill himself and crap. I say, go at it that natural way. Your body will push itself to the extremes it can handle. 20lbs of muscle is a lot. You have to be very careful with that stuff.

That was an episode on steroids, like d-bol. Alot of roid users take HGH after their roid cycle to normalize them. See, roids like on the mtv show are essentially testosterone (however you spell it) which, of course is produced by the balls. That why some longterm users get testicular cancer or hard balls and such. Plus, I think those are bad for bone density. HGH is produced by the pituitary inside the brain. Its like the starter hormone and is known as the "fountain of youth", not like I'm old (29). The product I've been shown by my friend uses anterior pituitary from a pig plus hypothalmus secretion. So that product is a "releaser". Don't know if thats how they all work or if some use straight pituitary. There are symptoms of going through puberty again, but it nothing like having alien testosterone put straight into you. I'm alomst positive women can take HGH, too. I actually have a recently FDA banned roid-like product that I've never taken, because its kinda scarry.
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    That was an episode on steroids, like d-bol. Alot of roid users take HGH after their roid cycle to normalize them. See, roids like on the mtv show are essentially testosterone (however you spell it) which, of course is produced by the balls. That why some longterm users get testicular cancer or hard balls and such. Plus, I think those are bad for bone density. HGH is produced by the pituitary inside the brain. Its like the starter hormone and is known as the "fountain of youth", not like I'm old (29). The product I've been shown by my friend uses anterior pituitary from a pig plus hypothalmus secretion. So that product is a "releaser". Don't know if thats how they all work or if some use straight pituitary. There are symptoms of going through puberty again, but it nothing like having alien testosterone put straight into you. I'm alomst positive women can take HGH, too. I actually have a recently FDA banned roid-like product that I've never taken, because its kinda scarry.

Ah, I apologize. Seems like you know quite a bit about it. Which is good, because no one should put something in their body that they don't know much about. eh?

Sounds interesting. I'll have to read more into that. Sorry to have fumbled the thread. :p Good luck with what you chose, but still be careful! :)
  • Options
    Ah, I apologize. Seems like you know quite a bit about it. Which is good, because no one should put something in their body that they don't know much about. eh?

Sounds interesting. I'll have to read more into that. Sorry to have fumbled the thread. :p Good luck with what you chose, but still be careful! :)

thanks. I still need to know more about it. Possible no one on this board has taken it, but this is like the only place on the internet I go except youtube and occationally myspace.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    why cheat?

Why not just work harder in the gym?

I'm not a big fan of supplements other than simple protein.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I have a friend that has researched it and thinks it's great. He's never done it, but is interested like yourself.

It keeps Mary J. Blige lookin' young ;)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    kristophedkristophed Posts: 73
    Don't do it

A- You will become one of those guys
    B- Nobody likes those guys

But as for first hand experience with the stuff I have none but I do have friends that use it. Even though they can't put their arms to their sides while walking, they still feel the need to do more. One of them thinks he'll never be able to stop using it for fear he will lose all the effort and $ he put into it.

If that doesn't change your mind you should ask Chris Benoit what he thinks...
  • Options
    kristophed wrote:

word.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    When I was younger I used to try everything. A few cycles of roids, I would take ripped fuel to get tight, a shit load of protiene, creatine, etc etc etc...

Take my advice of this one man. I know you do not know me from a hole in a wall but just eat a natural healthy diet and various exercises. Workout like a madman, just stay away from all the extra garbage. I really know what I am talking about.
    Protiene is fine but I don't even take that, I get mine from natural foods.
    Eat healthy, exercise very often and you will look awesome and chics will want to bang you. Usually the good quality chics do not want a pumped up asshole. :p
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    When I was younger I used to try everything. A few cycles of roids, I would take ripped fuel to get tight, a shit load of protiene, creatine, etc etc etc...

Take my advice of this one man. I know you do not know me from a hole in a wall but just eat a natural healthy diet and various exercises. Workout like a madman, just stay away from all the extra garbage. I really know what I am talking about.
    Eat healthy, exercise very often and you will look awesome and chics will want to bang you. Usually the good quality chics do not want a pumped up asshole. :p
    kristophed wrote:
    Don't do it

A- You will become one of those guys
    B- Nobody likes those guys

But as for first hand experience with the stuff I have none but I do have friends that use it. Even though they can't put their arms to their sides while walking, they still feel the need to do more. One of them thinks he'll never be able to stop using it for fear he will lose all the effort and $ he put into it.

ehh. Its not going to get like that. I mean I'm still not going to be an asshole that can't put his arms down by his side. I won't get that big, nor would I even want to. I have good control over my attitude as well. One cycle..., I've known several people that have done it and really liked it, and didn't keep doing it.
  • Options
    kristophedkristophed Posts: 73
    Stay away from it, do it the natural way and you will have more respect for yourself and so will others.

A lot of people probably say they could do heroin or crack once too.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    This is the guy you want to ask...

barrybonds@barrybonds.com :p

BTW, the goverment's prosecution (persecution?) of Bonds is a fucking disgrace :mad:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    kristophed wrote:

There is much more horror and torment to that story beyond HGH, i'm sure of it.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    steroids are for pussies

go natural bro'
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    See, roids like on the mtv show are essentially testosterone (however you spell it) which, of course is produced by the balls. .

thanks, doc.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    Seriously though, what's the big deal with freakish muscles? Sure being more studly/macho looking can be something worth obtaining to some people. But to what extent do looks matter over your real physical health? At what point do you stop and say, I'm done. If your vain enough to begin, I would think you might be too vain to stop.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options

HushBull wrote:
    Seriously though, what's the big deal with freakish muscles? Sure being more studly/macho looking can be something worth obtaining to some people. But to what extent do looks matter over your real physical health? At what point do you stop and say, I'm done. If your vain enough to begin, I would think you might be too vain to stop.

Its cool that yall have shown concern. Though, I think that yall have the wrong idea. Even though I'm fairly impressed with my gains and most people around me have mentioned me getting "buff", I'm still fairly skinny. I can definitly go to the next level and not be "one of those guys". I'm 5'9" and weight the most I ever have at 145lbs., see what I mean?

Actually, once I did weight this much and it was muscle. It was all naturall like Acoustic Guy mentioned. I was 22 and my job consisted of working with, storing and tossing 30 - 60lbs concrete cylinders all day and working with 100lbs soil samples. Looking back, I barely ate then. I had a muffin for breakfast, fast food for lunch, and a meal for supper. I think most of the weight goes came from the beer. As soon as work was over, my uncle and I got drunk everyday. The muscles weren't like they are now, but overall it was the best shape I was ever in, even counting high school. I sometimes wish I could have that job back, but I can only lift weights now.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    have you contacted a doctor?
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Its cool that yall have shown concern. Though, I think that yall have the wrong idea. Even though I'm fairly impressed with my gains and most people around me have mentioned me getting "buff", I'm still fairly skinny. I can definitly go to the next level and not be "one of those guys". I'm 5'9" and weight the most I ever have at 145lbs., see what I mean?

Actually, once I did weight this much and it was muscle. It was all naturall like Acoustic Guy mentioned. I was 22 and my job consisted of working with, storing and tossing 30 - 60lbs concrete cylinders all day and working with 100lbs soil samples. Looking back, I barely ate then. I had a muffin for breakfast, fast food for lunch, and a meal for supper. I think most of the weight goes came from the beer. As soon as work was over, my uncle and I got drunk everyday. The muscles weren't like they are now, but overall it was the best shape I was ever in, even counting high school. I sometimes wish I could have that job back, but I can only lift weights now.

To be perfectly honest....

If you're 5'9" 145 you're probably not going to get that much bigger safely. If you pack on a bunch of steroid muscle you're almost guranteed to hurt yourself. You skeleton can't catch up to the rapid growth.

I've played sports my whole life and the guys who get too big are worthless. When you go to the gym to lift like a bodybuilder you're not usually accomplishing anything except making yourself think you really strong.

My advice is to correct your diet and work your ass off to get in the best shape you can! Forget all the quick fix stuff because it will be obvious to those around you that it's not natural.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    To be perfectly honest....

If you're 5'9" 145 you're probably not going to get that much bigger safely. If you pack on a bunch of steroid muscle you're almost guranteed to hurt yourself. You skeleton can't catch up to the rapid growth.

I've played sports my whole life and the guys who get too big are worthless. When you go to the gym to lift like a bodybuilder you're not usually accomplishing anything except making yourself think you really strong.

My advice is to correct your diet and work your ass off to get in the best shape you can! Forget all the quick fix stuff because it will be obvious to those around you that it's not natural.

Well, that link that I posted with the original post has the nutritional part. I've always ate alot and the whole sugar immediately after work-out has been a huge help. That and the multi-vitamin. I've got more out of this workout than any other time I have worked out before and I credit it to the sugar more than anything.

I can go bigger and it still look natural. I've always been strong and fast, even when I was 125lbs. Hell, I went to regionals in powerlifting as 10th grader. I know that steriods are one thing that can make you look unnatural, but from my understanding HGH works on the signal hormone and will have more of the effect of... being 17 again. Don't know how else to put it. Well, bout to go and lift.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i searched for your thread. :)
    yes, definitely does not sound like something i would be interested in. at all. but again, i appreciate all your information and sharing.

good luck with your goals!
    :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I'd suggest you do 10 times the recommended dose and amplify that with a few horse pills of speed. There has to be a way to obtain Hulk like effects without all that unhealthy gamma radiation.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063

This is hilarious, good work :)
    ...and I agree with the majority, don't start with that shit. Eat a balanced diet, train when possible, and enjoy life..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    LostdoggieLostdoggie Posts: 257
    I took a cycle and the results were horrible.

I documented what happened here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone

8/20/98 - Montreal
    8/29/00, 8/30/00 - Mansfield
    7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/11/03 - Mansfield
    9/28/04, 9/29/04 - Boston
    5/24/06, 5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08, 6/30/08 - Mansfield
  • Options
    Well, that link that I posted with the original post has the nutritional part. I've always ate alot and the whole sugar immediately after work-out has been a huge help. That and the multi-vitamin. I've got more out of this workout than any other time I have worked out before and I credit it to the sugar more than anything.

I can go bigger and it still look natural. I've always been strong and fast, even when I was 125lbs. Hell, I went to regionals in powerlifting as 10th grader. I know that steriods are one thing that can make you look unnatural, but from my understanding HGH works on the signal hormone and will have more of the effect of... being 17 again. Don't know how else to put it. Well, bout to go and lift.

If a supplement involves the word "Hormones" you're playing with fire.....

At 145 pounds, you should be concentrating on trying to make yourself gain "real" strength not beach muscles. Face it....You're never gonna look like Ronnie Coleman or Arnold (nobody will without hardcore steroids). Personally, I put on 10 solid pounds (195 now) in 6 months by eating well (protein included) and working hard.

If you don't even understand what you're taking then you might not want to mess around.

Just my 2 cents

PS: It's very obvious when guys are on steriods....
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    imalive wrote:
    This is the guy you want to ask...

barrybonds@barrybonds.com :p

BTW, the goverment's prosecution (persecution?) of Bonds is a fucking disgrace :mad:

LMAO! I am DYING...LOL! That's the funniest thing I've read today! :D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options

just curious, but i assume the sugars you are referring to are complex carbs? eating simple sugars after the workout is not a good thing. i was assuming your meal would be a good protein and a good quality carb like a brown rice and veggies or something of that nature?

as far as advice on the HGH goes, unleass you are planning to compete professionally as a bodybuilder, i'd say stay safe. i had some friends in university who i used to train with and they had only amatuer aspirations. one guy was fine. one guy had to have a growth removed from his hamstring and his legs are different sizes now. another continued with it and now has a head that looks like a bunch of softballs taped together.

it's a roll of the dice, i guess.
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    The guys that I know that have taken it have loved it. Anyone here ever done it? What forms do you reccommend? I haven't looked into the different products yet.

I've been lifting and riding my bike consistently for about 3 months and following this

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek37.htm

, and I've gained 15-20 lbs of muscle. Even though my results are obvious and I like them, I think I'm close to reaching a plateau. I've never taken steriods, but I'm very interested in HGH. I wanted to make sure that it increased bone density before I decided on it, and it does do that. Just wanted to check the pit for additional testimonials.

-you've only been working out for 3 months, you haven't "reached a plateau."
    -you still have plenty of room to get in better shape.
    -there is more to fitness than how many pounds of muscle you have.
    -you probably can't gain much more muscle because anymore isn't what your body needs.
    -and seriously...WHY would you want do this again???
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    It kills me we can discuss using steriods but i make 1 little thread about loving my shower head and POOF..... it gets (and I get) banished.

I guess the mods like muscle men and not clean girls.
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    If you think you're close to reaching a plateau it sounds like you would be better off changing up your workout and looking at your eating habits. I'm pretty much the same size as you said you were (5'9", 145lbs) and if I eat enough decent quality food and stick to workouts religiously I have no problem packing on a good few solid pounds.

If you're riding your bike a lot, all that cardio could prevent you from putting on muscle, since you need to be in a calorie surplus to put weight on and a deficit to lose it. It sounds more like you need to re-examine your goals. I kind of learnt that the hard way. At the beginning of the year I decided to get fit again, so I really went for it, quit drinking for a couple of months and had a pristine diet. And I did see some really positive changes, I lost a lot of the fat on my abs, and really toned up, but I wasn't putting on much actual muscle. And this was my problem, I wanted (like everyone else!) to put muscle on and get lean at the same time. Unfortunately these things require completely different approaches. For now, I've given up on the ultra-flat abs and decided to concentrate on muscle gain and strength, and I've seen a real increase in both in a fairly short amount of time.

I know you probably know all of the above, and I certainly can't advise you on the hormone supplements, but personally I would be thinking about the other options before I started needlessly looking for quick fixes.