Options

HGH, anyone ever done a cycle of it???

Comments

• Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    It kills me we can discuss using steriods but i make 1 little thread about loving my shower head and POOF..... it gets (and I get) banished.

I guess the mods like muscle men and not clean girls.

PM me with the details. I won't judge you...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    And this was my problem, I wanted (like everyone else!) to put muscle on and get lean at the same time. Unfortunately these things require completely different approaches.

exactly.

however, I will venture to say that just standing in the gym and lifting huge amounts of weight might make you look the way you want to, if the way you want to look is huge

but riding you bike, running, and training in such a way that promotes *lean muscle* may be better for your overall fitness level/health.

a lot of stuff people do in the gym is just an effort to make them look good rather than actually doing anything for them, like just doing millions of crunches.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    CityMouse wrote:
    a lot of stuff people do in the gym is just an effort to make them look good rather than actually doing anything for them, like just doing millions of crunches.

Lol, I know! I regularly hear people saying about how many different abs exercises they are doing to 'get a six pack' - little do they know that no amount of crunches are going to give you a six-pack if your stomach is covered in a layer of lard!

It's funny, because even before I endeavoured on my exercise regime, I knew that I wasn't going to make big gains when I was also trying to get lean, but I carried on regardless becasue I was too impatient to build the muscle first then strip off the fat. And so I had to start practically from scratch, albeit with better stamina and strength etc. That's why above all things it is really important to set a goal and set about it in the most effective way.
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I am pretty sure the normal person cannot afford this
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    Lol, I know! I regularly hear people saying about how many different abs exercises they are doing to 'get a six pack' - little do they know that no amount of crunches are going to give you a six-pack if your stomach is covered in a layer of lard!

It's funny, because even before I endeavoured on my exercise regime, I knew that I wasn't going to make big gains when I was also trying to get lean, but I carried on regardless becasue I was too impatient to build the muscle first then strip off the fat. And so I had to start practically from scratch, albeit with better stamina and strength etc. That's why above all things it is really important to set a goal and set about it in the most effective way.

the main problem is that in our society fitness has gotten all tangled up in the ideals of looking a certain way. there is a big distinction between the two. you might be able to get big arms or flat stomach, but that doesn't mean you're "fit" or vice versa. The same goes for women who are trying to get thin-thin doesn't mean fit, and having some amount of fat on your body doesn't mean you're not fit.

fitness is really about having a certain amount of strength, cardio vascular/lung capacity, and stamina, and how your body uses fuel.
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    the main problem is that in our society fitness has gotten all tangled up in the ideals of looking a certain way. there is a big distinction between the two. you might be able to get big arms or flat stomach, but that doesn't mean you're "fit" or vice versa. The same goes for women who are trying to get thin-thin doesn't mean fit, and having some amount of fat on your body doesn't mean you're not fit.

fitness is really about having a certain amount of strength, cardio vascular/lung capacity, and stamina, and how your body uses fuel.

I agree, although I think there is space for a compromise between wanting to be physically fit and wanting to look 'good'. It's all about actually understanding health and fitness and doing some proper research. That being said, there's so much crap on the internet, it's understandable why people get it all so wrong.
  • Options
    I agree, although I think there is space for a compromise between wanting to be physically fit and wanting to look 'good'. It's all about actually understanding health and fitness and doing some proper research. That being said, there's so much crap on the internet, it's understandable why people get it all so wrong.

well, in the process of becoming more fit, you usually start to improve on how your body looks (of course depending on the standard). but you're also limited by your body's own parameters. You can't change the basic shape of your body. the overall fitest person in the world might not fit the "perfect body" standard.
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    well, in the process of becoming more fit, you usually start to improve on how your body looks (of course depending on the standard). but you're also limited by your body's own parameters. You can't change the basic shape of your body. the overall fitest person in the world might not fit the "perfect body" standard.

I guess the term 'fittest' would depend on a number of things and how you measured it, although I'm willing to bet the 'fittest' person wouldn't be over-weight and lacking in muscle.
  • Options
    I guess the term 'fittest' would depend on a number of things and how you measured it, although I'm willing to bet the 'fittest' person wouldn't be over-weight and lacking in muscle.

no, you're right. but if you have a rounder shape to your body you could still look chubbier or I mean whatever.

I can't develop lean muscle for the life of me like most women, I just put on mass immediately like a guy no matter what I do, so that's like a parameter I'm talking about, when the standard we have of a woman that looks good has all cut arms and shoulders and stuff.
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    no, you're right. but if you have a rounder shape to your body you could still look chubbier or I mean whatever.

I can't develop lean muscle for the life of me like most women, I just put on mass immediately like a guy no matter what I do, so that's like a parameter I'm talking about, when the standard we have of a woman that looks good has all cut arms and shoulders and stuff.

Ah I see what you mean. Yeah stuff like bone structure is obviously not going to change, although I guess you can work certain body parts to emphasise them more, although that comes back to looks rather than fitness.
  • Options
    just curious, but i assume the sugars you are referring to are complex carbs? eating simple sugars after the workout is not a good thing. i was assuming your meal would be a good protein and a good quality carb like a brown rice and veggies or something of that nature?

as far as advice on the HGH goes, unleass you are planning to compete professionally as a bodybuilder, i'd say stay safe. i had some friends in university who i used to train with and they had only amatuer aspirations. one guy was fine. one guy had to have a growth removed from his hamstring and his legs are different sizes now. another continued with it and now has a head that looks like a bunch of softballs taped together.

it's a roll of the dice, i guess.

That sounds like streroids to me. You aren't going to have the extreme muscle growths like you mention with HGH - ITS NOT ANABOLIC STEROIDS. I appreciate the concerns/ cautions but I don't think many of you realize this isn't anabolic steroids.

The simple sugars are good immediately after working out because they cause an insulin spike which is anabolic/ anti-catabolic. Simple sugars aren't recommended any other time. Read that link I posted with the first post.
    CityMouse wrote:
    -you've only been working out for 3 months, you haven't "reached a plateau."
    -you still have plenty of room to get in better shape.
    -there is more to fitness than how many pounds of muscle you have.
    -you probably can't gain much more muscle because anymore isn't what your body needs.
    -and seriously...WHY would you want do this again???

I can only tell you that I know my body. Part of why I'm so interested in this is for increasing bone mass. Its an issue that I am taking care of with lifting weights and diet, but HGH is beneficial to bone mass. Also, anabolic steroids are bad for bone mass. This is the initial reason that I got interested in HGH. The gains (wanting to look bigger) are another reason, but the bone mass thing is actually very important to my future - YES I HAVE BEEN TO THE DOCTOR
    If you think you're close to reaching a plateau it sounds like you would be better off changing up your workout and looking at your eating habits. I'm pretty much the same size as you said you were (5'9", 145lbs) and if I eat enough decent quality food and stick to workouts religiously I have no problem packing on a good few solid pounds.

If you're riding your bike a lot, all that cardio could prevent you from putting on muscle, since you need to be in a calorie surplus to put weight on and a deficit to lose it. It sounds more like you need to re-examine your goals. I kind of learnt that the hard way. At the beginning of the year I decided to get fit again, so I really went for it, quit drinking for a couple of months and had a pristine diet. And I did see some really positive changes, I lost a lot of the fat on my abs, and really toned up, but I wasn't putting on much actual muscle. And this was my problem, I wanted (like everyone else!) to put muscle on and get lean at the same time. Unfortunately these things require completely different approaches. For now, I've given up on the ultra-flat abs and decided to concentrate on muscle gain and strength, and I've seen a real increase in both in a fairly short amount of time.

I know you probably know all of the above, and I certainly can't advise you on the hormone supplements, but personally I would be thinking about the other options before I started needlessly looking for quick fixes.

I'm always lean, fast, strong and skinny. The cardio makes me feel good. I take in huge amounts of calories and eat good food, mostly for free. No fast food, Junk food and very little resturant food.

Again thank yall for the concerns/ cautions. I'll do this for yall. I've made my mind up about this, and I'm going to start in a few weeks. I'll let yall know everything about it.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    That sounds like streroids to me. You aren't going to have the extreme muscle growths like you mention with HGH - ITS NOT ANABOLIC STEROIDS. I appreciate the concerns/ cautions but I don't think many of you realize this isn't anabolic steroids.

no, my friend, i am talking HGH. i wasn't talking about muscle growth with the "growth" on the leg. it was more like a swelling he had to get removed because it wasn't normal. now, as i said, he has two different sized legs.

the other guy i mentioned with the big head...again HGH...but he continued to use. he has also used several different types of steroids, but HGH can make you grow disproportionately. he certainly has.

edit: oh, and yes the simple sugars from fruit or something of that nature are good. i was thinking you were talking about an "energy" drink or something like that.
  • Options
    Again thank yall for the concerns/ cautions. I'll do this for yall. I've made my mind up about this, and I'm going to start in a few weeks. I'll let yall know everything about it.

sounds to me like you already had your mind made up before starting this thread.

i'm sorry, but you're making a stupid decision. i hope you'll be ok and you're one of the lucky ones.
  • Options
    sounds to me like you already had your mind made up before starting this thread.

i'm sorry, but you're making a stupid decision. i hope you'll be ok and you're one of the lucky ones.

I pretty much did. I was just looking for testimonials. I wonder what type of HGH the people you know took. Was it injectable? So far, the types I've looked at are powder that you drink. And legal, which I don't know if any HGH is illegal. The first one I looked at uses bovine source anterior pituitary and hypothalmus, plus amino acid bases. Also, I'm only looking into one cycle of use. A few hours ago, a friend of mine gave me websites of two vegetable sources of HGH. Everything I've looked at seems to be safe. May be your friends were taking a stronger version of HGH or the steriods were more involved. I tell you though, you have promted me to look deeper into this and I will tonight.
  • Options
    I pretty much did. I was just looking for testimonials. I wonder what type of HGH the people you know took. Was it injectable? So far, the types I've looked at are powder that you drink. And legal, which I don't know if any HGH is illegal. The first one I looked at uses bovine source anterior pituitary and hypothalmus, plus amino acid bases. Also, I'm only looking into one cycle of use. A few hours ago, a friend of mine gave me websites of two vegetable sources of HGH. Everything I've looked at seems to be safe. May be your friends were taking a stronger version of HGH or the steriods were more involved. I tell you though, you have promted me to look deeper into this and I will tonight.

cool. you seem like a very smart person, so do look into it some more. i'm not trying to tell anyone how to go about their business, just saying that there are down sides and that it's not cool to see someone get into something they'll regret. as far as the HGH goes, i didn't really want to be a part of what they were doing, so i'm not sure about the details, just about the when's and where's of them using it. i'm sure the steroids were a factor in the third case i mentioned, along with the fact that he continued to use it. the second case was either a one in a million co-inky-dink, or the result of what he had introduced to his body. the first one was fine.

i guess it depends on the person and, as you mentioned, the amounts. if not for health reasons and monitored by a physician, it just seems like a risk for too little reward.
  • Options
    cool. you seem like a very smart person, so do look into it some more. i'm not trying to tell anyone how to go about their business, just saying that there are down sides and that it's not cool to see someone get into something they'll regret. as far as the HGH goes, i didn't really want to be a part of what they were doing, so i'm not sure about the details, just about the when's and where's of them using it. i'm sure the steroids were a factor in the third case i mentioned, along with the fact that he continued to use it. the second case was either a one in a million co-inky-dink, or the result of what he had introduced to his body. the first one was fine.

i guess it depends on the person and, as you mentioned, the amounts. if not for health reasons and monitored by a physician, it just seems like a risk for too little reward.

Ok, I'm not through looking into it, but what I've founds so far is that the side effects you mention are very possible but are always related to using extremely high doses of straight HGH. Every thing I've found recommends .03mg/kg/day. The "abnormal growth" is a possible of side effect of using much more than that. Also, what I discovered is that the products I've looked at aren't straight HGH, but rather send signals to the pituitary to produce "teenage levels". Obviously this is a cheaper and less direct supplement. What I've read so far indicates that it is also safer. Now, the product my friend has told me of today is even cheaper and I barely looked at it. Looks like what I'm willing to spend on this is the cheaper, more natural, and safer version, but I'm still going to look into all this. May be even make my choice of a product tonight.
  • Options
    Ok, I'm not through looking into it, but what I've founds so far is that the side effects you mention are very possible but are always related to using extremely high doses of straight HGH. Every thing I've found recommends .03mg/kg/day. The "abnormal growth" is a possible of side effect of using much more than that. Also, what I discovered is that the products I've looked at aren't straight HGH, but rather send signals to the pituitary to produce "teenage levels". Obviously this is a cheaper and less direct supplement. What I've read so far indicates that it is also safer. Now, the product my friend has told me of today is even cheaper and I barely looked at it. Looks like what I'm willing to spend on this is the cheaper, more natural, and safer version, but I'm still going to look into all this. May be even make my choice of a product tonight.

How much are you paying for this and what exactly is it called?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Options
    How much are you paying for this and what exactly is it called?

Well, I can't decide tonight. One that looks the best is the first one that I looked at. The recommendation is for a 3 month cycle and is available in powder and pill at $25 dollars a month. This one uses the bovine source antior pituitary plus hypothalmus. I'll post all what I settle on when I decide. I'm too tired to look anymore tonight.
  • Options
    Well, I can't decide tonight. One that looks the best is the first one that I looked at. The recommendation is for a 3 month cycle and is available in powder and pill at $25 dollars a month. This one uses the bovine source antior pituitary plus hypothalmus. I'll post all what I settle on when I decide. I'm too tired to look anymore tonight.

First of all, for that much money you are not getting actual HGH. What you will be getting is most likely just something that is going to pollute your body and upset your stomach. Your wasting your time........stop looking for the quick fix and just work out. It kinda pisses me off to think that people would waste so much money on this crap that doesnt work and is only hurting you when I can barely pay my bills each month. I am a personal trainer and have 10 years of experience in fitness and I can tell you that all workout supplements are a waste besides for whey protein and multivitamins (you likely wouldnt even need these if you just ate correctly)
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Dumb.
  • Options
    Purple PuppyPurple Puppy Posts: 149
    I once rode a tandem unicycle with H.G Wells.
    Signed it, grind it.
    Corroding and foreboding.
  • Options
    First of all, for that much money you are not getting actual HGH. What you will be getting is most likely just something that is going to pollute your body and upset your stomach. Your wasting your time........stop looking for the quick fix and just work out. It kinda pisses me off to think that people would waste so much money on this crap that doesnt work and is only hurting you when I can barely pay my bills each month. I am a personal trainer and have 10 years of experience in fitness and I can tell you that all workout supplements are a waste besides for whey protein and multivitamins (you likely wouldnt even need these if you just ate correctly)

Thats what I just said. Its a HGH releaser, not straight HGH. If you think that all supplements are a waste besides mulitvitamins and whey protein, you are wrong. You may be a personal trainer, but you don't know the science. I'm physically fit. I'm looking for something that will take muscle gains to the next level plus add bone density. I've worked out before with just whey protein for long periods of time. It doesn't compare to this time when I've added other ingredients. You don't think creatine and arginine do anything for you? Anterior pituitary sgnals the release of HGH. I looked at a couple that cost about 60 dollars, but don't look better than the 25 dollar one. My best friend is the one that gave me the catolog with the $25 product. He took that one along with creatine and Aftershock by myogenix. His results were obvious to anyone. So far my results are great for me and obvious to people that know me. I haven't started the HGH treatment yet, because I was concerned about the bone density aspect of it. I was just looking for more testimonials here. I didn't know about straight HGH. Straight HGH looks much more dangerous than what I'm looking into. I'm sorry you can barely pay your bills, but I can afford to experiment with this. If it works like I want - great, if not I'll stop taking it and won't reorder. If it hurts my stomach, I'll stop. Either way, I'll post my results here. May be I'll get "quick fix", and you can be pissed about that and that you can't pay your bills and your Packers' dissappointing season ;)
  • Options
    Realistically what amount of weight are you looking to put on?
  • Options
    Thats what I just said. Its a HGH releaser, not straight HGH. If you think that all supplements are a waste besides mulitvitamins and whey protein, you are wrong. You may be a personal trainer, but you don't know the science. I'm physically fit. I'm looking for something that will take muscle gains to the next level plus add bone density. I've worked out before with just whey protein for long periods of time. It doesn't compare to this time when I've added other ingredients. You don't think creatine and arginine do anything for you? Anterior pituitary sgnals the release of HGH. I looked at a couple that cost about 60 dollars, but don't look better than the 25 dollar one. My best friend is the one that gave me the catolog with the $25 product. He took that one along with creatine and Aftershock by myogenix. His results were obvious to anyone. So far my results are great for me and obvious to people that know me. I haven't started the HGH treatment yet, because I was concerned about the bone density aspect of it. I was just looking for more testimonials here. I didn't know about straight HGH. Straight HGH looks much more dangerous than what I'm looking into. I'm sorry you can barely pay your bills, but I can afford to experiment with this. If it works like I want - great, if not I'll stop taking it and won't reorder. If it hurts my stomach, I'll stop. Either way, I'll post my results here. May be I'll get "quick fix", and you can be pissed about that and that you can't pay your bills and your Packers' dissappointing season ;)

You havent a clue
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Options
    lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    The guys that I know that have taken it have loved it. Anyone here ever done it? What forms do you reccommend? I haven't looked into the different products yet.

I've been lifting and riding my bike consistently for about 3 months and following this

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek37.htm

, and I've gained 15-20 lbs of muscle. Even though my results are obvious and I like them, I think I'm close to reaching a plateau. I've never taken steriods, but I'm very interested in HGH. I wanted to make sure that it increased bone density before I decided on it, and it does do that. Just wanted to check the pit for additional testimonials.
    Eff HGH, man. What's wrong with plateauing after putting on 20lbs of muscle? That's about where I've been at for a year. Enjoy your newb gainz, and then decide where you want to go by manipulating the diet. If you want more muscle, just eat more. If you want more definition, eat less. It's not rocket science, regardless of what the nutcases on bb.com will tell ya. The best body builder is a sane, healthy one.
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001

bovine source? does this not set off alarm bells with anyone else??

brings a whole new meaning to the expression "strong like bull!"

:rolleyes:
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    You havent a clue

So where'd you get your information from, huh? You haven't done anything but show you're bitter and cynical. What a surprise coming from you. You didn't answer my question about creatine and arginine. Come on, lets hear it. Surely you're right and the two People I've witness take the cheaper HGH signaling products are wrong. My ex-father-in-law did a fairly cheap HGH treatment like this for other benefits and he had good results with recovering from an injury and said he felt like a million bucks in general. And he's a very, very fit 55 year old man. And surely the tons of people that have taken creatine are wasting their money. You can do alot with vitamins and whey protein and food. But you can do alot more with anabolic pumps, creatine, proper sugars and hormone therapy added. I haven't added the HGH therapy, but the gains I have already achieved blow away any I had with just protein and vitamins. And I'm far, far from being alone on this. Seriously, do you just type out of your ass? There is a formula to getting gains faster, if you know about it or not. You may consider it "cheating", but it works.
    Realistically what amount of weight are you looking to put on?

10 to 20 more pounds.

And I can not stress enough that I eat more food than anybody I know. I always have. I'm one of those that never get fat, at all. The only way I've ever gained weight is with exercise.
  • Options
    lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    10 to 20 more pounds.

And I can not stress enough that I eat more food than anybody I know. I always have. I'm one of those that never get fat, at all. The only way I've ever gained weight is with exercise.

You're just an ectomorph, that's all. It doesn't matter how much everyone else eats compared to you. If you're not gaining weight, you're not eating enough. Period. HGH or whatever else won't help you if you're not eating enough in the first place. Those things will speed up your gains, but nothing overrides the fact that you have to eat more calories than you're burning in order to gain weight.

If you're not gaining on your current diet, eat more. And if you start gaining more fat than muscle, change yer macronutrient ratios.
  • Options
    I think your a little too obsessive about your appearance. It sounds like you work out and take plenty good care of yourself as it is....

Nobody is gonna care about that little extra muscle. And nobody is gonna stop you walking down the street and say "hey, nice bone mass"
  • Options
    First of all, there arent any quality studies done on arginine. Second of all, creatine does not give the results to make it worth the price. In fact, I found that besides recovering faster from working out when I first start up again after taking a break, it does not really offer any benefits for me........not to mention that nobody knows the long term effects of this stuff. I tried all this shit in high school and early college and it did nothing for me. I have made my biggest muscle and strength gains from eating healthy, lifting, running (both sprints and jogging), and alot of sleep. Why try to be somebody else? Why not just workout to become as big as you can be?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006