Options

Your Name Here

Comments

• Options
    lack of imagination ;)
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    no mystery here.....

"Release" is my favorite PJ song and my name is Lauren.
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    diego92 wrote:
    well, actually diego is my real name. I couldnt use cause it was already taken. so I added the 92 for the year I started listen to pj. And its only now that I notice Ive never seen a post by "diego". have you?
    Just looked him up for you. Zero posts. He kinda wasted the name for ya. Oh well. I actually like Diego92 better. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    KosmicJelliKosmicJelli Posts: 1,855
    I have been using this name online for at least five/six years. The Jelli part has nothing to do with PJ...I always thought that we are all part of some cosmic soup, astral plane of some sort -held by some sub-concious thread, all of us who are open to it - reaching with our souls into it, touching each other in some form and constructively using it here on earth. Maybe I misconstrued Jung...lol
  • Options
    KilloranKilloran Posts: 27
    It's my name.. and that's it.

I'm terribly creative, I know.
  • Options
    little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    Oooh what a fab thread!

Mine was due to a break up w/ my bf

Nothingman: 'One just escapes, one is left inside the well'

I chose it coz it sums up exactly how I felt at the time
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    lumpyfred has nothing to do with my real name or anything, it just came to me when this my teacher on the first day of my senior year in high school asked me what i wanted to be called
    Her?
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I chose enharmonic because it is a musical term. An enharmonic note has two names. For instance, C sharp is also D flat. I also took it to remind me that most of today's music...like the note that shres two names, is disposable regurgitation of music that wasn't very good to begin with. It encourages me to stay focused on crafting my own music while staying true to my own ideas of what my sound should be. It's easy to listen to the radio, or a popular band, and ape what they do. We're easily in the 3rd generation of bands who have done that just since the 90s. The hard part is finding your own voice, and sticking to it long enough to create something worth listening to.

Most don't, but the industry only wants the apes right now, so instead of pumping gas for a living (as 90% of todays so-called "musicians" should be), we get genre's like "nu-metal" and whatever else you want to call a "style" that is essentially a poor attempt at something that wa done much better when it was real.

So that's hw I ended up with my name.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    lots of new people here so lets here the reason you chose your name noobies!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Fetus Jr.Fetus Jr. Posts: 26
    Well, I've had people comment on here about the strangeness of my name. Fetus was actualyl a nickname my dad had when he younger, around his later teens and twenties. My mom's brothers gave it to him for some reason, don't know why he got it. When they were divorced, he wasn't around them anymore, so the name kind of died. I guess I decided to bring it back? Contrary to what may seem obvious it has nothing to do with my opinions on the pro-life/pro-choice debates.

So, there ya have it. This is the only board I've used this name on, so this board should feel special! ;)
    I traded magic for fact...then I traded back.
  • Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    It's one of the most badass songs ever written...

Tool - Third Eye

Dreaming of that face again.
    It's bright and blue and shimmering.
    Grinning wide
    And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

On my back and tumbling
    Down that hole and back again
    Rising up
    And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

In... Out... In... Out... In... Out...

A child's rhyme stuck in my head.
    It said that life is but a dream.
    I've spent so many years in question
    to find I've known this all along.

"So good to see you.
    I've missed you so much.
    So glad it's over.
    I've missed you so much
    Came out to watch you play.
    Why are you running?"

Shroud-ing all the ground around me
    Is this holy crow above me.
    Black as holes within a memory
    And blue as our new second sun.
    I stick my hand into his shadow
    To pull the pieces from the sand.
    Which I attempt to reassemble
    To see just who I might have been.
    I do not recognize the vessel,
    But the eyes seem so familiar.
    Like phosphorescent desert buttons
    Singing one familiar song...

"So good to see you.
    I've missed you so much.
    So glad it's over.
    I've missed you so much.
    Came out to watch you play.
    Why are you running away?"

Prying open my third eye.
    So good to see you once again.
    I thought that you were hiding.
    And you thought that I had run away.
    Chasing the tail of dogma.
    I opened my eye and there we were.

So good to see you once again
    I thought that you were hiding from me.
    And you thought that I had run away.
    Chasing a trail of smoke and reason.

Prying open my third eye.
  • Options
    fetus jr, is a sweet name !!!! ahahaha i laughed
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    I was diving...

Taken from In hiding, one of, if not my fav song...

also a keen free diver/spearfisherman...so it fits the bill fine and dandy ;)
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • Options
    Thought the 2 songs went great together to describe man,
    nothing more than a "GLORIFIED ANIMAL".
  • Options
    BabochskaBabochska Posts: 34
    I saw an picture of an old woman on some russian page and the title said Babochska. Don't really know why since the real word for grandma (which i think it means) is Babuchska.

I thought it sounded great so I took it, it's also nice when russian people starts to talk to me in russian :)
    ~=Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity. =~
  • Options
    lotsa newbys here bump
  • Options
    julischjulisch Posts: 34
    not too original, the combination of my first and last name.
    i use better ones elsewhere, but here that was my first thought. i should have come up something with stone, but i guess i was too tired to think, so... julisch ;)
    -
    "And I listen for the voice inside my head. Nothing. I'll do this one myself."
  • Options
    cafeamericain is the saloon that humphrey bogart owns in casablanca. and i could watch that movie everyday.
    "I never make plans that far ahead"
  • Options
    Well - Release is my favourite song and it got me through some crazy times- and 1992 is when this crazy PJ obsession began ! Haha.
  • Options
    JamalJamal Posts: 2,115
    The guys at work (surfclub) onced called me Jamal and everyone's accepted it as my official nickname ... even my teachers call me Jamal from time to time ! :p

Apparently it also means 'camel' in arabic, lol
    Surf little waves big... Charge big waves hard

- Antwerp '06, Nijmegen '07, Werchter '07
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    im named after a photo of rob thomas

yes, do go on and mock me

:D
    wah
  • Options
    im named after a photo of rob thomas

yes, do go on and mock me

:D

haha ive seen that photo too!! :eek:

BAD dude...
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • Options
    It's the name of one of my favorite books and just and interesting idea that I find myself thinking about.

" 'It's called jumping the green,' he said with a diabolical smile. 'You know, like landing before you actually leap, leaving a room before the door opens, anticipating life before it happens.'...'known fact...people who jump the green meet their maker @ an early age.'"

To make it a little clearer, jumping the green as in jumping the green traffic light at an intersection.

And then you can add all this Pearl Jam stuff to it. Simply because of the word 'green'

Addition:

I used to be AeonFlux had tons of posts. I stopped posting due to life. And crap. And well..then the movie came out. It put both me and the wonderful original cartoon series to shame. No I didn't see it. That's because it shouldn't be seen. That's because it's not supposed to be a movie.

Plus:

NuclearTreeFrog told me I should come back. I said I would. I am a woman of my word.
    The poster formerly known as AeonFlux.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    well im a die-hard metsfan. and all those numbers in my name are my favorate past and present met players
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,849
    One of the greatest movies ever, by the legendary David Lynch.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I love haiku, the poetry form, and I wanted to really focus the way I approached anything in life as if it was a haiku. Now, I don't write haiku so much, and I want my name to be Eva Fiori. Eva is a pretty name, and fiori means flowers in Italian. I've wanted to be a florist for years and years and years. I've asked for the change a few times, but maybe the mods were fed up when I changed my name a couple times in as many days from Bibliobella.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Its just my real name.
    No need to hide.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    I wore a yellow and grey striped shirt at my first PJ show. Used yellow b/c of the more obvious PJ connection (but they did play Hard To Imagine that night).
    Anyways, I didn't realize I needed permission to change it or I would've come up with something a bit more meaningful.
  • Options
    I used to work on a cruise ship and being a typical sagittarian who cannot stay at one place for long... somehow explaines itself... like a restless soul ;)
    Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
    Vienna - 25/09/06 - the BEST day of my life
  • Options
    stoneygalistoneygali Posts: 148
    Its a tattoo on my left arm so its nearest to my heart
    It's a red/maroon unicorn
    and curled beneathe it says "stoney gali"
    gali means my ocean wavy in hebrew
    and stoney well should be spelled STONY
    It's a sick meaning behind my tattoo..
    It's the nickname of my "hearshapedbox"
    aka "daddyhatebox"
    I never meant to hurt you, mi diablo, mi amigo, but I've built up so much character I have an alter ego. I have to make a clean break & I have to do it quick because the pain you give me babe would make Cal Ripken call in sick!!!