Options

Your Name Here

Comments

• Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    When I signed up I was obsessing over Soon Forget and Nothing As It Seems.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    In 96 I got my first job at a small nightclub where we'd close the night always with either David Wilcox or George Thoroughgood. I really got into the music of both and for a while, kinda got away from the sounds of the likes of Pearl Jam, Nirvana, STP, AIC, Offspring, etc..

I started exploring different sounds that eventually led me into French Jazz Fusion where emsembles like St. Germain, De Phazz, Oddstep and others really got my juices flowing.

From there I had the idea of opening up a local nightclub and play music from around the world, all sorts of sounds. I had actually drawn up a complete business plan for the club and ended up calling it:

C l u b D a j a a z a , I n t e r n a t i o n a l L o u n g e .

Jeremy
    The Dajaaza

www.thenewfoundlandpearljamexperience.com
    We lived it! We loved it! We will always remember.
  • Options
    I hate my stupid name. I suppose I chose it because I love the whole Merkinball thing. I beleive I was drunk....I must have been.

I found this pit, looking for setlists on the CDN tour. I've never been part of a message pit before, and I selected something quick. Not knowing that I would get hooked and make about 2 posts a day ever since.

If I could change it, I would.

Edit: If I could change it, it would be something like:

dontgoonme, BrickTamland or FatherOf2
  • Options
    well...mondariso is simply my nickname...it is also a stupid nickname!
    In the first half of '900, "mondarisos" were the women who worked in rice fields...here, in Italy, where i live!
    My brother started to call me in this way many years ago..i don't know why!
    :D
    [I know i was born and that i'll die
    the in between is mine...
    i am mine]
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Given to Fly as special significance for me. I feel I was "Delivered Wings" at the San Diego concert in 2000. The "Fanview" I wrote after the 2003 San Diego concert will explain everything. Here it is....

Natasha:

I just want to say thank you to the band for an AMAZING night. I saw them in San Diego in 2000 and during Given to Fly, I had a moment of clarity. I was in an extremely destructive marriage and during the song I knew my life would change...an overwhelming feeling of happiness came over me, I knew I deserved to be happy (odd, I know, but when you are in a bad situation, you would be surprised what you think). I knew I was free...didn't know how I was going to do it, but I knew everything was going to be okay. 2 months later I was out of the marriage.

One year (almost to the date) I met the love of my life and it was our love of Pearl Jam that brought us together...that was the clincher. Two similar souls AND we both love Pearl Jam...UNBELIEVABLE!

Nonetheless...when the San Diego concert came around this year I hoped...NO prayed that Pearl Jam would play Given to Fly. Full circle sort of thing you know? Our friends who went to both Irvine shows told me not to get my hopes up as they had played it consecutively prior to the San Diego show. I noted their warning but knew I would hear it...everything about my life the last 3 years has been a series of serendipitous occurrences.

When the concert opened with the audience singing Betterman...I knew I was in for it. This was a special night. The energy was not of this earth...completely surreal. Do the Evolution came next (one of our favorites) and me and my boyfriend Eric looked at each other with an "Uh-oh" sort of expression. Then 2 songs later what happens???

Given to Fly...

Yep, there it was. I began to cry. Eric hugged me and we danced for a moment. BEAUTIFUL. Our friends told us they saw us from the 4th row (we were in L12...above the floor) they were so happy for us. We were happy for us. : )

Other highlights for us were Daughter with the People Have the Power tag, Crazy Mary (one word: BOOM!), Blue Red and Grey and as if the night could get any better...

ARC!!!!!!!!!!!

I was fairly certain I was going to spontaneously combust...I didn't, all's well. I do wish the audience would have kept quiet for ARC though, Ed seemed to be getting irritated that some wouldn't shut up. It was still beyond belief and I am honored to have been a part of it.

I know this fanview is a bit unusual...I needed to impart the gravity of the experience.

Thank you to Pearl Jam for sharing their love with us that night....I am forever grateful.

Peace, Love and Pearl Jam to everyone...
    Natasha
    What a great story. We were in the 4th row that night too! It was a great concert.

My name = boring. Our old dog's names. Wolf & Bear. We just picked that as our first email address and it kinda stuck. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    my name was easy.......

cuz Stone is my favorite.................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    <= pretty self-explanitory...

all4
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    its my nickname at school and stuff, though its also like part of my surname
  • Options
    this is my second 'dreamer' name...i always love the imagery conjured when one thinks of dreams. so then, i was looking for a name that more accurately depicted my state of mind, something more positive, optimisitc...and thus i thought of i'm open....

he decides to dream, to dream up a new self for himself.

i love that line, and what - to me - it conveys. thus, decides2dream. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ive always loved that line from im open too, such a well written little blurb it is.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    One of my favourite songs, and one of my favourite "written" songs.

"No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"

Kinda cool sounding too i guess, Thumbing My Way around here on the pit??
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    What a great story. We were in the 4th row that night too! It was a great concert.

My name = boring. Our old dog's names. Wolf & Bear. We just picked that as our first email address and it kinda stuck. :)

That was a great story.. beyond inspiring in fact.
    The Dajaaza

www.thenewfoundlandpearljamexperience.com
    We lived it! We loved it! We will always remember.
  • Options
    I am a huge CCR fan... ;)
    actually, i love lumberjacks...the smooth sexy female ones.... ;)

I thought it fit...ha ha...get it...fit...

The flannel days....1992 - 95 approx....flannel shirts and chuck taylors should have been my name come to think of it....the early "Grunge" fashion....still wear that stuff.....:)
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Mine is pretty boring. My daily running route is along the Ohio River - thus, riverrunner!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    There are some things a guy gets from his pop
    Some of these things get spaced, others are never forgot
    Believe in such a tradition, I got in my truck cab

Oooh Oooh Oooh

Piss bottle man

Miles and miles all the while I feel secure
    Even when the fuse gets short I can keep my nerve
    Believe in such a tradition I got in my truck cab

Oooh Oooh Oooh

Piss bottle man

Piss bottle man

Driving in his shoes, using the bottle he used
    Every time I pop I think of my pop and pay my dues
    Respect such a tradition, I got in my truck cab

Oooh Oooh Oooh

Piss bottle man

Piss bottle man

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    repotsearchrepotsearch Florida Posts: 30
    It's the closest to what my first name sounds like spelled backwards:
    Christopher
    Rehpotsirhc
    10.07.96 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    09.22.98 West Palm Beach, FL
    09.23.98 West Palm Beach, FL
    08.09.00 West Palm Beach, FL
    04.11.03 West Palm Beach, FL
    10.08.04 Kissimmee, FL
    05.28.06 Camden, NJ
    06.11.08 West Palm Beach, FL
    06.12.08 Tampa, FL
    11.30.12 Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Ed Solo)
    12.01.12 Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Ed Solo)
    04.08.16 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    04.09.16 Miami, FL
    04.11.16 Tampa, FL
  • Options
    I had just gone through a rough time and it seemd to fit...

"No longer overwhelmed, it seems so simple now"...
    Rock over London... Rock on Chicago... I love what you do for me Toyota - Wesley Willis
  • Options
    romybianromybian Posts: 1,644
    My name is my name.... Romy Bianchi
    :p

I'd change it but now I'm romybian for everyone :o
    "The joke in your language won't come out the same" (Tom Petty)
    I'm no dude! Dudette!
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    well im Jeremy1012 because when I signed up I only had Ten, VS and Vitalogy and I thought Jeremy was a badass song (which obviously it is)

the ...1012 is just random, i use 1012 on countless things (for example on an AiC board i'm layne1012)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Love the song and possibly what I am after a bottle of vodka
    " Theres only one way of life and thats your own. "
  • Options
    Back in the Youngin' years...92 everytime the spins would come on...I would start singing....Oh Imspinnin...pretty simple!!
    Black Rocks!!
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    just doin what eddie instructed me to
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    two of my favorites!!!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    My story can't be more stupid but anyways here it is:
    I studied philosohpy, and during sometime of my carrer I found myself trying to understand one of the most difficult books to read by some german philosopher, but at that same time I felt in a very bad depression caused by a lost of a very loved person. I got so depressed at that time that I spent months doing nothing but reading that damn book, again and again and again. Just to keep my mind busy and trying not to think about nothing but about the book. I read it over 9 times and I even memorized some parts of it.
    But then, some years latter I picked up the same book just to realize I couldn't remember either a single line about the book or about any of those days of pain, all I could do when I tried to read the book was to cry. It's like I made some kind of mental conection between the book and those hard days and since all I wanted was to deny the pain, I forgot everything about the book and about those very painful but very important days of my life. I forgot everything about both things... the book and the person I lost.

And that's why I felt like "I can not fond the candle of thought to light your name" (my screen name is thecandleofthought)

I hope this made sense to anyone...
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    For my name, you take:

1 Ed
    1 stage venue of Finsbury Park, July 1993
    1 bunch of carrots in Ed's hand
    1 crowd with me at the front jumping around like a lunatic

Now:

Put Ed onstage with carrots, in front of crowd of idiots
    Get Ed to chuck carrots into crowd
    Make sure at least one carrot hits me on the nose

And there you have a wonderful recipe for FinsburyParkCarrots.
  • Options
    rockrock Posts: 51
    I'm well impressed with all these stories behind the names..wish I had one but no such luck, my name is petra which means..yup... rock

didn't really think about all the 'macho' connotations when first using it..geez might as well have called myself something like panter (shudders)...looking back pebbles would've been more appropriate...maybe not.. too cute..aww never mind
  • Options
    My name is taken from a nickname that I picked up in college. When I was pledging my frarternity, my PM hated my "real" pledge name (which remains secret), so he called me private joker, because he thought it looked like I was always smiling. (Taken from Full Metal Jacket)

The 22 was my B-Ball number in high school.
    so combined the two you get...
    "My road may be lonely
    just because it's not paved

it's good for drifting away..."
    "What's the score?"
    "Nothing, nothing."
    "Who's winning?"
    "The Bears."
  • Options
    jessiejessie Posts: 14
    weed wrote:
    i smoke dope!
    :)
    hell yah!

ben harper-(if you don't like my fire, then don't come around, cause i'm gonna burn one down)
  • Options
    jessiejessie Posts: 14
    i love the question, guess i can't really answer though, just like the name, it can be male or female anybody's guess?
  • Options
    diego92diego92 Posts: 38
    well, actually diego is my real name. I couldnt use cause it was already taken. so I added the 92 for the year I started listen to pj. And its only now that I notice Ive never seen a post by "diego". have you?