Options

Vancouver Canucks Thread

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Yeah, damn ... I am not the world's biggest Canucks fan, but the Avs should not be having this easy of a time.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    3-0

I think Luongo could use a break.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I think Luongo could use a break.

all hustle rebounds in front of the net

weak defense
  • Options
    if we are gonna catch anyone, its gonna be one of three teams to get into the playoffs.

colorado
    nashville
    calgary

i think we are going to boot calgary, they have a rough schedule....

GO NUCKS. im not really as worried as i should be to be honest, i think we are sitting okay.

BIEKSA IS SKATING AND WILL BE BACK...its not all the answers, but we need him....

we are gonna make some noise during the trade deadline too...you watch....i think you will see us in round two this year!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    we HAVE TO win this game tonight and the next one against minny outright and we are golden.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    as of right now we are 8th. playoff bound
  • Options
    HUUUGE Game tonight
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    I miss my hockey!!!!! I miss CBC and TSN coverage as well.
    Go Canucks Go! We get one broadcast a week in the UK w/o a special NA sports feed and it's usually an Eastern Conference game. Although they had the Oilers a couple of weeks ago which was alright cause I used to live in Edmonton as well.

Cheers!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    good bye matt cooke. hello matt pettinger??? hmmmm...
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    omg i just heard on my way home... mATTTTTTTTTTTTT :(
    i dno why i love matt cooke so much but i think a little part of me just died
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    omg i just heard on my way home... mATTTTTTTTTTTTT :(
    i dno why i love matt cooke so much but i think a little part of me just died

i know, hes part of the little gritty core we had...but we will see what this pettinger brings...i heard hes a younger faster cookie....but still i liked cooke...he was one of the crew,, household name here in van. :(
  • Options
    i know, hes part of the little gritty core we had...but we will see what this pettinger brings...i heard hes a younger faster cookie....but still i liked cooke...he was one of the crew,, household name here in van. :(
    thats the only trade we made too.. isnt it? i've been out all day.... but came home to my frustrated brother telling me nonis needs to get outta the line up at mcdonalds and start making something happen.

ahhh cooke :(!
  • Options
    thats the only trade we made too.. isnt it? i've been out all day.... but came home to my frustrated brother telling me nonis needs to get outta the line up at mcdonalds and start making something happen.

LOL !hhaha yeah thats the only trade
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Well double big macs are good :p
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    what is WITH our team right now, holy shit!
  • Options
    good try canucks. and now i will say our team motto one last time before next year starts :

"Maybe Next Year"

good bye trev.
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    good try canucks. and now i will say our team motto one last time before next year starts :

"Maybe Next Year"

good bye trev.

Soooooooo funny, my team and your team have the SAME MOTTO!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing hey!!!
    And I'm sorry friend..... I was actually cheering for the Canucks last night, really wanted to see them make it.
  • Options
    Nice to see that all 3 teams that were in the final 3 in the nhl battle game miss the playoffs lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    kenshunt wrote:
    Nice to see that all 3 teams that were in the final 3 in the nhl battle game miss the playoffs lol.

lol, I never realized that, wow

booo on Nonis or whatever his name is for not getting some offense for this team

I hear it's not an excting free agent class, so he'll be needing to do a trade
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    nonis is canned!
  • Options
    this is an awesome vid.

CANUCKS HEIL!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GWeCKqM_P1M
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    nonis is canned!
    Good. While he had a great plan he had horrible execution of the plan.

In fours years as GM he did very little to address our scouting and drafting woes. He never mandated that the farm club play a more upb tempo brand of hockey. The farm club is far too interested in winning and not nearly interested enough in churning out talented NHL'ers. He has never proved to have any kind of eye for NHL talent.

In three years as GM he made one great trade (Luongo), one good free agency signing (Mitchell), and a couple other decent signings (Pyatt and Burrows). He has made many useless trades (Carney, Weinrich), many bad signings (Choiunard, Cowan, Naslund, Isbister, this list could go on). He signed Luongo to too short a contract. He got caught with his pants down when trying to resign Kesler and had to pay substantially more than he wanted to. He did nothing to address our lack of offence all year and going back to the trade deadline of 2007. He did nothing to help out the team when we had all those defencemen hurt, he easily could have traded a pick for a depth defenceman and then flipped the same d-man for a pick at the trade deadline or when our defence got healthy. He managed to downgrade at back up goalie and played our star into the ground this year.

Nice guy, good plan, horrible execution. He deserved to get fired.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    really sad to hear about Bourdon today.

RIP LUC
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141

RIP LUC

Very sad indeed ….so young and so much potential! :( …..peace and condolences to the family and friends of Luc
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993

RIP LUC

indeed, pretty sad.

so young and so full of potential.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Rest In Peace
    NERDS!
  • Options
    this is soooo sad... i didnt find out till i was reading everyones statuses....

he was only a year older than me!
  • Options
    EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    i was actually down at the memorial at GM Place for Bourdon yesterday and CTV news interviewed me for about a minute, anyways they used like one line of what i said, if youre interested in watching it its here

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/ on the right hand side just watch the video titled "Grief over Canucks players death"
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    i was really upset, i just can't believe stuff man he was 21
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    we are fucked