Vancouver Canucks Thread

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
edited July 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I think the team is really gonna catch fire mid to late this season. We wont be battling for 8th, we will definately be in 6th or 7th. The division we are in is great. Two points seperate the whole thing. Somethings gotta give. Its gonna start splitting like water and oil, Vancouver will rise to the top!!!

The Twins are playing great. B-Mo is starting to look good. All the youth is coming into their own also. Bieksa? Yes.

Hopefully our Alain will make a decent trade and make a good run in the playoffs, although the thought of playing Anaheim or San Jose, Dallas, or Detroit doesn't look good.

Luongo is great, once our defence like Mitchell gets even better, Luongo will really shine.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Sorry, but I predict that the 'nucks will miss the playoffs again this year. NW division is too strong, and I think they'll be the odd man out...unless Minnesota falls apart...I guess the 'lanche could tumble a bit as well, but I think Van's d will be their undoing (could be the case with the Oil as well)....plust, a team led by Swedes won't go anywhere in the playoffs anyway. At least you've got Luongo now. I would like to see all three Canadian NW div teams make it tho.
  • Just a reminder, the best Canadian team right now are the MONTREAL Canadiens!!! Ok... i love Luongo, he and Brodeur are the best in the league, that was a huge steal for Vancouver, who remember Bertuzzi in Vancouver?
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    so far your thread is falling apart haha.. go flames, go oilers ;)
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I think the Canucks would be lucky to make the playoffs. They are hanging on a thread, an injury to one of the Sedin's or Naslund would send them spiraling down the standings in a hurry. The Canucks have no secondary scoring, 30 some games into the season and only one player has more than 10 goals, and only 5 players have more than 5. It's only Luongo keeping them remotely competitive and were Luongo and pray he stays healthy, no Vancouver backup has recorded a win yet this year.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Keep dreaming.....9th or 10th this year in the West at best....Go Oilers!
  • Keep dreaming.....9th or 10th this year in the West at best....Go Oilers!

Pronger is doing really well with his new team :), the Habs are the only chance at the Stanley Cup for Canada, so everyone get behind them: Go Habs Go!
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • my second fav team to the nucks has always been the HABS, good to see they are doing really well.

too bad yall dont think the nucks are gonna get in this year, im a fan of all canadian hockey though, so hopefully the oil get in and go far again....

bharq, why are you such an ahole?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Alain is the head coach, hopefully Nonis will make a trade to bring in a scorer, but i was reading elsewhere that the Canucks are pushed right up agains the cap so i dont see anyone of real difference coming to the team untill deadline time, but by then the Canucks could very well be out of it. They are very much an average team this year, Naslund is hurt now, although he hasn't been their go to guy this season. Who knows. If Luongo plays his A game consistantly, then yes, they have what it takes to claw into the playoffs.

I've been to three games this season, and wow, they are so boring to watch, lol, but whatever it takes to win.

VOTE FOR RORY!
    i cannot stop the thought.......running in the dark

Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Gorge 7/23/06
    EV Vancouver 2 04/06/08
  • Sorry, but I predict that the 'nucks will miss the playoffs again this year. (could be the case with the Oil as well)....
    oh dear....it hurts me deeply that you said this.
    :(
    just joshing ya, you could be right but I try not to think of it, hell I was one of the first guys to write the oil off last year then look what happened.
    My hate for the canucks is only second to my hate for anything Calgary.
    I can appreciate your love for them though.
    :)
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    thesoviet wrote:
    Naslund is hurt now, although he hasn't been their go to guy this season.

Hate to break it to you but Naslund is still very much the go to guy, leading the team in goals, 3rd in overall points. However, he is not having a great year. Sure, the Sedin's have a rediculous amount of assists but combined have only 13 goals (1 more than Naslund). Naslund is still clearly the trigger man.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • MCG wrote:
    Hate to break it to you but Naslund is still very much the go to guy, leading the team in goals, 3rd in overall points. However, he is not having a great year. Sure, the Sedin's have a rediculous amount of assists but combined have only 13 goals (1 more than Naslund). Naslund is still clearly the trigger man.
    Trust me man, its all the Sedins this year, and who ever is the lucky guy playing on that line; when Naslund's not playing on the line, he's doing very little.

Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Gorge 7/23/06
    EV Vancouver 2 04/06/08
  • didnt hear of nazzy getting hurt, ? what happened?

ive been to two games this year, the first a 4-0 loss to edmonton, so boring, the other a 5-2 win over phoenix.
    not so boring....

i want linden to heat up, he should be the go to guy.

nucks playoffs, 07!!!!!!!! towel power!
  • yeah i was at that 4-0 loss to Edmonton, Oh man. :(.

Nazzy has the flu and apparently a shoulder injury

Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Gorge 7/23/06
    EV Vancouver 2 04/06/08
  • thesoviet wrote:
    yeah i was at that 4-0 loss to Edmonton, Oh man. :(.

Nazzy has the flu and apparently a shoulder injury

hope nazzy gets better...going to anygames ssoon? im thinking calgary on the 27...should be good...
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,139
    my second fav team to the nucks has always been the HABS, good to see they are doing really well.

too bad yall dont think the nucks are gonna get in this year, im a fan of all canadian hockey though, so hopefully the oil get in and go far again....

bharq, why are you such an ahole?

Come on take pity on poor bharq....he lives in Calgary and is a Flames fan can how can he help not being an ahole!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • hope nazzy gets better...going to anygames ssoon? im thinking calgary on the 27...should be good...
    it depends if tickets pop up for me or not, i usally get them on the game day.

Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Gorge 7/23/06
    EV Vancouver 2 04/06/08
  • canucks/wild, ready to go!!! were gonna take this one.

if we win and edmonton loses tonight, we are first!
  • whenever i actually stop and talk about the Canucks they seem to come out with a stinker like this.
    i shouldnt be allowed to disscuss them

Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Gorge 7/23/06
    EV Vancouver 2 04/06/08
  • thesoviet wrote:
    whenever i actually stop and talk about the Canucks they seem to come out with a stinker like this.
    i shouldnt be allowed to disscuss them

you and putin killed that guy....didnt you?
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • yeah
    sorry about that
    it was...well a mistake, things were heated

Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Gorge 7/23/06
    EV Vancouver 2 04/06/08
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    canucks gonna beat calgary again tonight, you watch!
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Vancouver is pretty hot right now, getting some good scoring. 43 points, 2nd spot in the NW, 1 point back of Minnesota.

Are the days of Morrison and especially Naslund being point-per-game type players over ?

Naslund 40 GP 12 G 16 A 28 PTS 10.53 % goals per shot / career 13.44 %
    Morrison 40 GP 10 G 12 A 22 PTS 14.08 % goals per shot / career 12.25 %
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • 'Nucks sucks!! Go Flames Go!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky...A human being that was giveeeeeeeeeeeeen to flllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    if the canucks suck and we just beat the flames four in a row, what does that make IGGY and the rest of the flames? A BUNCH OF PLAYOFF MISSING LOSERS THATS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dallas is gonna be next tonight. you watch.
  • if the canucks suck and we just beat the flames four in a row, what does that make IGGY and the rest of the flames? A BUNCH OF PLAYOFF MISSING LOSERS THATS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dallas is gonna be next tonight. you watch.

Just joking restlesssoul...the canucks gave us the fight of our lives two years ago!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky...A human being that was giveeeeeeeeeeeeen to flllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    i know, to have us tie game 7 with .6 seconds left only to lose almost instantly cuzza GELINAS!!! that was heartbreaking, at least you guys got to the final which means we lost to a great team. payback for 94, hey? you guys were up 3-1 and we win 3 in a row in OT, not to mention the save on reichel and the bure double OT breakaway!!!!

fuck i love hockey..

calgary is currently 8th anyways so they are still in, just hope chicago cools off.
  • i know, to have us tie game 7 with .6 seconds left only to lose almost instantly cuzza GELINAS!!! that was heartbreaking, at least you guys got to the final which means we lost to a great team. payback for 94, hey? you guys were up 3-1 and we win 3 in a row in OT, not to mention the save on reichel and the bure double OT breakaway!!!!

fuck i love hockey..

calgary is currently 8th anyways so they are still in, just hope chicago cools off.

I was at that game seven!!! :( Sounded like every person in the stadium gut punched in the stomach at once when Gelinas scored. But regardless, the Canucks are beginning to lift off and many different players are stepping up which is awesome to see. What do you guys think about Salo... sign him next year or trade him? I really think we should trade him off and pick up either some prospects or another decent forward, because our depth at defence is beginning to flourish. Salo gets injured way too much unfortunately.
    Go Canucks!
    Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/23/06
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    This game was on either ESPN Classic or the NHL Network over the holidays and I watched the end of the game. I still find the replay when they showed Jovonaski jumping up and down in the penalty box when Vancouver tied the game up quite humerous, it's like he's this little boy filled with joy as he jumps up and down with no one to celebrate with.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    SEVEN IN A ROW TONIGHT. FLORIDA IS GOING TO LOSE!

who's with me?
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Oh, I'm a loyal hockey fan!
    I Love the Vancouver Canucks....

And I don't know the rest of the song....but hey! Go 'Nucks Go!! That's what I miss about living in Vancouver - going to NHL games all the time... Even saw the last Kay-nucks game at the Colliseum...they got spanked by Chicago and eliminated from the first round of the play offs...everyone silently left the building. Very sombre...

But saw them beat LA (Gretzky was playing still) the year they made it to the finals...even got on TV that night by standing behind Don Cherry and Ron McLean (that crotch-watcher!) and going "Wheeeeeeeeeee-ooooo" with my hubby...that was fun times!!
    be philanthropic