why is it . . .

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
seem anyway...that those with the least life *experience* of certain things so often come off as the *experts* on a given topic? spewing opinion after opinion like an 'authority' on a given topic or simply feel the need to espouse their thoughts/beliefs on a subject they know little to none about? or, when someone poses a question to a specific demographic, 90% of the respondents seem to be NOT the demographic questioned? :p

is it some sort of bizarre twist of human nature? is it the internet? :D and no, i am in NO way saying those with little to no experience or who were not directly asked to participate NOT do so - all ARe entitled to their opinions and to SHARE them, of COURSE - but i think it's a weird phenomena at best. :)

just curious....
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Some people take a class and/or read a book or two and feel they know everything about everything..I won't mention any names though :)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    seem anyway...that those with the least life *experience* of certain things so often come off as the *experts* on a given topic? spewing opinion after opinion like an 'authority' on a given topic or simply feel the need to espouse their thoughts/beliefs on a subject they know little to none about? or, when someone poses a question to a specific demographic, 90% of the respondents seem to be NOT the demographic questioned? :p

is it some sort of bizarre twist of human nature? is it the internet? :D and no, i am in NO way saying those with little to no experience or who were not directly asked to participate NOT do so - all ARe entitled to their opinions and to SHARE them, of COURSE - but i think it's a weird phenomena at best. :)

just curious....

Shit... you MUST be talking about Al Gore and the whole "global warming" myth. After all he did invent the Internet.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    kh65 wrote:
    Shit... you MUST be talking about Al Gore and the whole "global warming" myth. After all he did invent the Internet.
    and man-bear-pig
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    there's a clinical term for such people.

IDIOTS.

but yeah, it's mostly blowhards that feel the need to project their own ignorance on everybody else. it makes me wanna take my shoe off and start wailing on their tiny empty heads.

i'm huge fan of humanity at the moment, can ya tell? lol
    Lukin66 wrote:
    and man-bear-pig

Remember when Al Gore grew that beard? You know why he did that? In case the Taliban won. :)

I love that Leno joke.

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063

IDIOTS.

but yeah, it's mostly blowhards that feel the need to project their own ignorance on everybody else. it makes me wanna take my shoe off and start wailing on their tiny empty heads.

Take it easy Chiqui :)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    Take it easy Chiqui :)..
    this *is* me taking it easy lol
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    those who can, teach....those who can't....tell you they're useless opinion anyway...;) :D
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Ok, I need some specifics here before I can intelligently respond!!! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365

just curious....

stands up and applauds decides2dream
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    cutback wrote:
    those who can, teach....those who can't....tell you they're useless opinion anyway...;)

hey now!
    i used to teach, so yea........:p

we used to say
    "those who can, do....those who can do MORE, teach"

;)
    just an fyi.

i'm glad it's not *just me* though.

i mean hell, if someone starts a thread asking for advice for something i know next to nothing about....i don't post. simple eh? :p or, if someone is discussing a topic i don't know a lot about, or little to no first-hand experience.....i may have an opinion, and voice it...but yea, admit i don't know much about it and/or do not drone on and on with my opinion since i KNOW that it's not based on much 'knowledge'...ya know? :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063

IDIOTS.

I agree with this, everyone's an expert these days :rolleyes:
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
    hey now!
    i used to teach, so yea........:p

we used to say
    "those who can, do....those who can do MORE, teach"

;)
    just an fyi.

i'm glad it's not *just me* though.

i mean hell, if someone starts a thread asking for advice for something i know next to nothing about....i don't post. simple eh? :p or, if someone is discussing a topic i don't know a lot about, or little to no first-hand experience.....i may have an opinion, and voice it...but yea, admit i don't know much about it and/or do not drone on and on with my opinion since i KNOW that it's not based on much 'knowledge'...ya know? :D

I think it is easier (and more fun) to come in and mess with people's heads :)

Lukin66 wrote:
    I agree with this, everyone's an expert these days :rolleyes:
    absolutely. i'm an authority on it.

:p
    absolutely. i'm an authority on it.

it comes from today's assine politicians (ALL of them)

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    kh65 wrote:

or chaney & bush they invented the womd fiasco and sold the world on a war for it ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    kh65 wrote:
    it comes from today's assine politicians (ALL of them)
    *asinine

sorry....had to :p haha
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I just act like I know what I'm doing at all times. It makes me look and feel smart....even though I'm a nutcase.

or chaney & bush they invented the womd fiasco and sold the world on a war for it ....

Exactly. All politicians SUCK! Where have the leaders gone? Tell me when was the last time you voted FOR a President and not against the other guy?

In the 6 elections I've been able to vote in I've voted FOR a President only ONCE.

• in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    sennin wrote:
    I just act like I know what I'm doing at all times. It makes me look and feel smart....even though I'm a nutcase.

hahahah :D
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    We're all of the same human demographic tho...we all have the ability to relate to people who go through something we haven't actually gone through.
    kh65 wrote:
    I think it is easier (and more fun) to come in and mess with people's heads :)

thus why i think it's the internet environment. :)

and know hey, that's all good...there's a time and place for everything. after awhile though, when people ARE trying to have *real* discussion, sharing, whatever....it gets a bit wearing? b/c yea, overall....no one here messes with my head. perhaps annoys the piss outta me at times, but yea...i *get* their schtick, and it's just....there.....in the way.....ruining a topic....or simply not identifying with the OP and their questions/desires? again, not saying people *have* to do anything, it's just at times...i think some genuinely have concerns/questions....or want to really share.......and others well.........bleh, forget it.....:p haha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    It's totally the internet. And I love it! So much entertainment. :D
    thus why i think it's the internet environment. :)

and know hey, that's all good...there's a time and place for everything. after awhile though, when people ARE trying to have *real* discussion, sharing, whatever....it gets a bit wearing? b/c yea, overall....no one here messes with my head. perhaps annoys the piss outta me at times, but yea...i *get* their schtick, and it's just....there.....in the way.....ruining a topic....or simply not identifying with the OP and their questions/desires? again, not saying people *have* to do anything, it's just at times...i think some genuinely have concerns/questions....or want to really share.......and others well.........bleh, forget it.....:p haha.

Hey, the minister called he wants his collar back.

Saturnal wrote:
    We're all of the same human demographic tho...we all have the ability to relate to people who go through something we haven't actually gone through.

relating, absolutely.

espousing your personal beliefs and opinions, over and over and over, and parading them almost as facts...something entirely else. at least imho anyway.

i can 'relate' to some degree the feelings of loss say some one may feel at the end of a long-term relationship. however, if i have never been in a relationship over say 6 months...have not lived my life for say 5-10-15 + years with a person, loved them, etc......i think? it may be difficult for me to offer anything but sympathy. i certainly wouldn't feel like i could accurately offer advice to them or tell them the 'right' way to go about their lives, etc. just one example off the top of my head.....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

sennin wrote:

but you don't say much either. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• seem anyway...that those with the least life *experience* of certain things so often come off as the *experts* on a given topic? spewing opinion after opinion like an 'authority' on a given topic or simply feel the need to espouse their thoughts/beliefs on a subject they know little to none about? or, when someone poses a question to a specific demographic, 90% of the respondents seem to be NOT the demographic questioned? :p

just curious....

I'd answer, but I'm probably not qualified.:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    I'd answer, but I'm probably not qualified.:p

:D
    great post!

hahahahahaha.

what can i say? just some internet amazement/musings.........:p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• :D
    great post!

hahahahahaha.

what can i say? just some internet amazement/musings.........:p

As you can probably tell, my usual reason for answering threads is to act like a smart-arse.:D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    It is the internet that has made it worse, but intellectual posturing has been around for ages, trust me. I know all about it.

;)