ever do something drunk you really regret?

Comments

• Summer '93. Amongst a group of about 20 of us. Camping in Northern Ontario.

It happened in this order

1. Got naked in a lake in algonquin park.
    2. Had significant Shrinkage
    3. Tried to warm up by the bon-fire
    4. Fell in to the bon fire
    5. Ran back in lake
    6. Still Naked
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Summer '93. Amongst a group of about 20 of us. Camping in Northern Ontario.

5. Ran back in lake
    6. Still Naked

I wouldn't consider that a regret. That's frickin' hilarious!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Summer '93. Amongst a group of about 20 of us. Camping in Northern Ontario.

5. Ran back in lake
    6. Still Naked
    :D:D

What part did you regret?;)
  • cutback wrote:
    :D:D

What part did you regret?;)

I woke up in trackpants that had attached themselves to the blisters caused by the bon-fire.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I woke up in trackpants that had attached themselves to the blisters caused by the bon-fire.

you win.
  • you win.
    Does that mean I just killed ANOTHER thread? I do that all the time.
  • taratara Posts: 293

ow ow ow, although i'm picturing dirty things, i seriously hope tha those blisters were on your hands or legs or something. ow
    No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.
    Albert Einstein
  • tara wrote:
    ow ow ow, although i'm picturing dirty things, i seriously hope tha those blisters were on your hands or legs or something. ow
    oH MAN, NO.

Blisters on both legs.
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    last night I was at a friend's house with her and two other friends. we were having a good time, I'd had a few drinks and usual I was all relaxed and happy with everyone. me and one of my friends were sat on a sofa and were all cuddling and stuff.

Now I should make it clear that, while I do find her attractive and she is one of my closest friends, she is a no-go. She has been in a relationship with one of my friends for about 2 years. after a while we were getting more drunk (but not so drunk that I wasn't in control of myself) and when the two other friends left the room for a bit we kissed. unfortunately it wasn't just a quick thing we could brush off because it happened several times and I certainly made no attempt to stop it. I was thinking at the time that it was wrong, that I should stop and just make a joke out of it (and to be honest it was just a bit of fun between close friends).

This morning (I slept alone by the way :D) things were a little awkward which I later found out was because she was feeling guilty about her boyfriend. Both of us are well aware that it meant nothing and we are just good friends who are comfortable in each others company. however, she felt that she had to tell her boyfriend what happened. she told a variation of the truth that made it seem like an accident and he accepted it now. the thing is, I like the guy a lot and even though it was just a kiss and meant nothing, I don't think I'm going to be able to look him in the eye from now on knowing that we are both kind of lying to him. at the same time, I can't now tell the actual truth because that will make it seem like it was a big enough deal to have to cover it up. I don't really know what to do. any advice?

First of all, the #1 dumb thing I have ever done was not only taste tequila going down, but also, coming up.........awful.....

Anyway, as far as your question goes, I would not get all into retelling this story to the guy that is your friend or anyone else who is in your circle of close friends. Letting it go sounds more like it was , as you said, an innocent, no big deal, accident. If you focus too much on apologizing or feeling bad, it may blow the whole thing up into a "bigger than it really was" thing, you know?

And hell, I know the girl is a friend as well, but it did take two people, not just you.......so that said, if you can, don't feel so guilty about it. If you don't want that to ever happen again, though, just make sure it doesn't happen again.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I once called a co-worker a milf. yikes. after that I avoided her like crazy but she was always nice to me and I helped her husband find a new job
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    last night I was at a friend's house with her and two other friends. we were having a good time, I'd had a few drinks and usual I was all relaxed and happy with everyone. me and one of my friends were sat on a sofa and were all cuddling and stuff.

Now I should make it clear that, while I do find her attractive and she is one of my closest friends, she is a no-go. She has been in a relationship with one of my friends for about 2 years. after a while we were getting more drunk (but not so drunk that I wasn't in control of myself) and when the two other friends left the room for a bit we kissed. unfortunately it wasn't just a quick thing we could brush off because it happened several times and I certainly made no attempt to stop it. I was thinking at the time that it was wrong, that I should stop and just make a joke out of it (and to be honest it was just a bit of fun between close friends).

This morning (I slept alone by the way :D) things were a little awkward which I later found out was because she was feeling guilty about her boyfriend. Both of us are well aware that it meant nothing and we are just good friends who are comfortable in each others company. however, she felt that she had to tell her boyfriend what happened. she told a variation of the truth that made it seem like an accident and he accepted it now. the thing is, I like the guy a lot and even though it was just a kiss and meant nothing, I don't think I'm going to be able to look him in the eye from now on knowing that we are both kind of lying to him. at the same time, I can't now tell the actual truth because that will make it seem like it was a big enough deal to have to cover it up. I don't really know what to do. any advice?

Ahh, once you've had a few married women, sober, these things stop mattering. :D
  • I think you should just forget about it. Unless you have feelings for her.

I wouldn't tell him anymore than she has. :) Just leave it alone!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    if i found out my girl had kissed one of my 'friends' then i'd stab him to death with a frisbee.

p.s. this would hurt
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    I regret getting drunk. That's enough for me.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    dunkman wrote:
    if i found out my girl had kissed one of my 'friends' then i'd stab him to death with a frisbee.

p.s. this would hurt

A guy I work with just had his girlfriend leave him to become a high-priced hooker. She wants to get a boob job, so she has a 90 day contract with some rich married lawyer. How's that?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    Ahnimus wrote:
    A guy I work with just had his girlfriend leave him to become a high-priced hooker. She wants to get a boob job, so she has a 90 day contract with some rich married lawyer. How's that?

well lawyers are cunts... and your guy at work is better off now i feel.

p.s. how high-priced are we talking... i have 87 pounds and a subscription to Goood Housekeeping she could have?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Ahnimus wrote:

got her contact info?
    got her contact info?

see Ahnimus ... lawyers are cunts ;)
    dunkman wrote:
    well lawyers are cunts... and your guy at work is better off now i feel.

p.s. how high-priced are we talking... i have 87 pounds and a subscription to Goood Housekeeping she could have?

I think the deal was for $10,000
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    she thinks that he might be upset by it and since it really meant nothing she thinks it would be stupid to cause problems because of it. she didn't exactly lie to him, just told him that she went to kiss me on the cheek, missed and then, because we were drunk, we kissed.

haha.
    i like this.
    reminds me of when i was drunk once or 14,941 times and my weiner accidently slipped out of my boxers and into something where it shouldn't have been, although it sure felt FANTASTIC at the time it was not a good idea and I surely was not going to retract myself from where my manhood was placed.

in all seriousness, you 3 could have a sit down meeting and discuss what happened.
    you 3 could forget it happened.
    you and your dude could go and talk about it in a nice atmosphere.
    it sounds harmless to me but it also sounds like the truth was hidden from your dude.

reverse roles with your dude and yourself.
    place your would-be lady's mouth around your dudes mouth
    and see how that works out in your thoughts.

i hope everything irons itself out, it seems like it was harmless.
    but as pearl jam says, nothing as it seems.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Ahnimus wrote:

i just got paid and am almost broke.
    almost.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Ahh, once you've had a few married women, sober, these things stop mattering. :D

Because.........

1) you realize that you do not have to be drunk in order to have regretful sex?/kisses, etc.....

2) you feel cheap and used???

3) you wonder if a) her husband his grateful for the break....or
    b) her husband has a gun?????

4) you hope she is not writing your last name on scratch paper with HER kids names in front of it??????

or

5) you are suddenly, renewed in your decision that being single is much better than being married (just speculating, like Letterman)........most people get divorce anyway, so it's like skipping the middle man..........
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • chadwick wrote:
    i just got paid and am almost broke.
    almost.

I know that story.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • writersu wrote:
    Because.........

1) you realize that you do not have to be drunk in order to have regretful sex?/kisses, etc.....

2) you feel cheap and used???

3) you wonder if a) her husband his grateful for the break....or
    b) her husband has a gun?????

4) you hope she is not writing your last name on scratch paper with HER kids names in front of it??????

or

5) you are suddenly, renewed in your decision that being single is much better than being married (just speculating, like Letterman)........most people get divorce anyway, so it's like skipping the middle man..........

I'm a bloke. I don't give it any thought. :D
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I was going to offer advice in this thread - untill I realized that it is almost a year old and I hope the problem has since been resolved.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Just apologize to him and move on. People make mistakes.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    of course. but i live with it.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • my wife kissed my friend when she was drunk.. but i don't think she regrets it
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • I had sex with a good friends girlfriend. She did say she was breakng up with him and I was so drunk I didnt even know we were having sex untill about 5 minutes into the act. But still no excuse It was a horrible thing but he and I are still cool and he know it happened. And yeah they broke up about a week later too.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    nope, never been so drunk ive regretted something ive done. though sometimes i lose track of time and end up having 7 hour conversations with people. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say