Options

The 2008 Dallas Cowboys road to the Super Bowl....

Comments

• Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    stickboy wrote:
    I hear ya man..injuries are gonna play a big part for any team not just the boys and the G-men, thats a given so lets see what happens. We stay healthy I'm confident. We start dropping like we did 1st 2-3 games last yr, its gonna be tough.
    Thing with the 'boys is I still dont think Romo has what it takes to get you guys there..Craytons kinda suspect, Tank Johnson you still havent got a full season and dont know what Pacmans gonna bring. What about Newman?
    I'll give you WItten and Barber tho, theyre nasty but I think theres still question marks on the Cowboys other than them.

edit-btw, lol okoye used to be one of my fav players back then..guy was a beast but ..again..injuries and all that. Let's hope Jacobs doesnt wind up like that, knock on wood
    It's kinda funny but the gmen team from 2 years ago was better than the super bowl team from last year IMO, but injuries destroyed your line. T-Newman will be fine, and hopefully we'll move our rookie CB to safety this year to cover for Roy Williams. Crayton had one big drop against the Giants, but he was our number 2 all year, and that offense scored many points and got stronger with Felix. It's going to be a fun year no doubt.
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    It's kinda funny but the gmen team from 2 years ago was better than the super bowl team from last year IMO, but injuries destroyed your line. T-Newman will be fine, and hopefully we'll move our rookie CB to safety this year to cover for Roy Williams. Crayton had one big drop against the Giants, but he was our number 2 all year, and that offense scored many points and got stronger with Felix. It's going to be a fun year no doubt.

I wish I still had that game on DVR. Crayton's biggest mistake was when he had his guy beat, stopped running his route, realized Romo had thrown him a perfect TD pass and tried to speed up but was too late. That was after his drop and would have made everyone forget about the drop. Romo had that team beat on more than a few plays. But our team wasn't as good as the record indicated last year and it may have been better to lose then.

I like the idea of one of our corners doing some safety work. Roy is a great hitter, but he looks more like a liability year after year. I think he'd be great as a leader and nickleback. I like Crayton. 95% of the time he and Owens are excellent, just hate for that 5% to show up at the wrong time. I've seen some old games lately with Michael Irvin on the team. Its amazing how he caught every ball that he was able to touch, and I remember not even questioning it. He was just automatic, a garuantee. And he was the spirit of that great team, always my favorite player. Anyway, I just wish we had a receiver that could supply that much confidence into the team and fans.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    Your run to the Super Bowl will be derailed on November 23 against the Niners.

God I'm delusional...
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    i love how bitter every nfl fan is about the new york football giants. it's great.

18-1*. super bowl champs. enough said.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    ryan198 wrote:
    Crayton was one of my top recievers on my fantasy team lst yr, but like you said that one big drop cost you guys big time..and then there were a few other games where I started him and didnt put up shit for numbers towards the end..kinda aggravating. Still finished 1st tho with my Brady and Moss tandem lighting it up every game. :D Much as I hated them they hooked my team up!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Anyone been catching Hard Knocks?

Very entertaining. I am fired up for the season now.

They haven't looked very sharp in the pre-season so far, except against Houstong on Friday, buy hey, its pre-season.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    battan1120battan1120 Posts: 310
    You have'nt won a playoff game in 12 years.I think its the year the Boys shit in the bed and go 9-7.How I hate the Cowboys.Not a fan of NFC either.
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    I have a television show to watch: Hard Knocks. We just added the HBOs last and I'm glad we did because of this show. It really gives an in depth look at some aspects of the team. I'm really pumped that they are addressing all short comings of last year. Last night was the best episode yet. They will be taking out Roy Williams in some situations, which was probably my biggest concern about last year. Dallas had a good team last year, they should be great this year. That Latimore probably won't make the team, but he sure looks like a player from what I can tell. The one player that the show isn't good for is #80 the rookie tight end... he's very, very talented but amazingly stupid. May be its immaturity that he'll grow out of, but this show is exposing his dumbass.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    i love how bitter every nfl fan is about the new york football giants. it's great.

18-1*. super bowl champs. enough said.

As an Eagles fan, actually I'm not bitter about it. Looking back on it, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I'm glad you guys won instead of New England. Would never hear the end of 19-0 from all the douche Boston people. By the way, Hell has frozen over right? There's no way a Pearl Jam fan can be a Cowboys fan. And watching Hard Knocks, that fucking team acts like they've already won something. They are in for a rude awakening. Oh, and by the way, the Cowboys have last editorial say on that show - so you're not really getting anything noteworthy. No hitting in practice?! Hahaha, what a joke!! Romo's a fucking fraud who's nothing more than average - THERE'S A REASON HE WAS NEVER DRAFTED!! The only reason he puts up good numbers is because of the talent he's given. ROMO = FRAUD. Fucking disgusting Cowboys fans...I especially wanna hear from all the cockroach fans that are from everywhere BUT Texas. That should be interesting. Hating the Cowboys is like hating Bush - it's a seething hate.

Two words - Wade Phillips...ahahahahahaha
  • Options
    As an Eagles fan, actually I'm not bitter about it. Looking back on it, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I'm glad you guys won instead of New England. Would never hear the end of 19-0 from all the douche Boston people. By the way, Hell has frozen over right? There's no way a Pearl Jam fan can be a Cowboys fan. And watching Hard Knocks, that fucking team acts like they've already won something. They are in for a rude awakening. Oh, and by the way, the Cowboys have last editorial say on that show - so you're not really getting anything noteworthy. No hitting in practice?! Hahaha, what a joke!! Romo's a fucking fraud who's nothing more than average - THERE'S A REASON HE WAS NEVER DRAFTED!! The only reason he puts up good numbers is because of the talent he's given. ROMO = FRAUD. Fucking disgusting Cowboys fans...I especially wanna hear from all the cockroach fans that are from everywhere BUT Texas. That should be interesting. Hating the Cowboys is like hating Bush - it's a seething hate.

Yet another bitter Eagles fan whose team is never quite good enough to get over the top.

And if you want to talk about QB's who are nothing more than average and always find a way to let their team down in the big game, look no further than the guy in the #5 jersey who plays for the Eagles.

So looking forward to this season.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Yet another bitter Eagles fan whose team is never quite good enough to get over the top.

And if you want to talk about QB's who are nothing more than average and always find a way to let their team down in the big game, look no further than the guy in the #5 jersey who plays for the Eagles.

So looking forward to this season.

Me too - finally Dallas is a legit team again and it'll feel even better beating a good team instead of just destroying you guys over the majority of the last 10 years. Bitter? No. I just love how Dallas fans slurp the hype machine that is this douche bag team. And despite other Philly fans, this team has done more under #5 than it has since...forever...McNabb and company is going to smoke you guys. I guarantee a sweep over Dallas this year. The only way it's not is that we already wrapped up the division by week 17. Your running back, QB, WR's(other than TO) - which by the way will be dominated by the best secondary in the league- and your secondary are overrated. I love it. Zack Thomas??? Hahahahaha.
  • Options

You'll find Cowboys fans in every demographic, every state. Are you actually surprised??? Dallas is the most popular team and has even more haters than any other team for that same reason - this is nothing new. Its very over-used but still true: America's Team.

Of course, the team has the final say of what get final say on that show... any team would. The show was pretty harsh on some players last night, especially Bobby Carpenter. But the show has shown that they are addressing the few areas that Cowboys needed help with last year.

Now, I understand you hating the Cowboys more than others since you're an Eagles fan. But, you're completely blinded by your bias if you don't see that Romo is the real deal. Sean Payton was the offensive coordinator for the years Romo was a back up, developing his game. He knew how good he was going to be and tried to trade a 1st round pick for him once he got the job in New Orleans. Romo just needed more time to develop than some do, and now he's at least as good as any qb in the NFC. He had the playoff game against NYG won last year, but may be it was all for the best. We still needed another year to be a championship worthy team, and any Cowboys fan knew it.

Now since you're an Eagles' fan, you probably haven't read this far (too many words, its ok). How can any Philly fan talk shit about any other teams fans? They are well known as the worst fans in sports, and this year you'll have a team almost as worthless. I enjoy the Eagles losing as they are the team I dislike the most (with NYG, WSH), and with the Cowboys great year coming up and the continued decline of the Eagles - I'll be very happy this season.
  • Options
    You'll find Cowboys fans in every demographic, every state. Are you actually surprised??? Dallas is the most popular team and has even more haters than any other team for that same reason - this is nothing new. Its very over-used but still true: America's Team.

Of course, the team has the final say of what get final say on that show... any team would. They show was pretty harsh on some players last night, especially Bobby Carpenter. But the show has shown that they are addressing the few areas that Cowboys needed help with last year.

Now, I understand you hating the Cowboys more than others since you're an Eagles fan. But, you're completely blinded by your bias if you don't see that Romo is the real deal. Sean Payton was the offensive coordinator for the year Romo was a back up, developing his game. He knew how good he was going to be and tried to trade a 1st round pick for him once he got the job in New Orleans. Romo just needed more time to develop than some do, and now he's at least as good as any qb in the NFC. He had the playoff game against NYG won last year, but may be it was all for the best. We still needed another year to be a championship worthy team, and any Cowboys fan knew it.

Now since you're an Eagles' fan, you probably haven't read this far (too many words, its ok). How can any Philly fan talk shit about any other teams fans? They are well known as the worst fans in sports, and this year you'll have a team almost as worthless. I enjoy the Eagles losing as they are the team I dislike the most (with NYG, WSH), and with the Cowboys great year coming up and the continued decline of the Eagles - I'll be very happy this season.

Hahahahaha worst fans in sports... I love it - everything based off a national media that doesn't know squat about being a fan here. Yeah, I love hearing how Dallas is "America's Team", hahahaha... So Joe Shmoe from Chicago should be a Cowboys fan? Sports are rooted in your area, where you come from, and a sense of loyalty...This on the other hand should be allowed for some Podunk city in the middle of Texas? Rrrriiight. In SI the PLAYERS voted Philly the #1 town for fans in hockey, and football. Yeah, worst fans... We took a group of 3,000 people to New Orleans two years ago and are taking another 500 to Seattle and 2,000 to Chicago this year...And that's just one group...No one travels better - you have no idea.
  • Options
    Me too - finally Dallas is a legit team again and it'll feel even better beating a good team instead of just destroying you guys over the majority of the last 10 years. Bitter? No. I just love how Dallas fans slurp the hype machine that is this douche bag team. And despite other Philly fans, this team has done more under #5 than it has since...forever...McNabb and company is going to smoke you guys. I guarantee a sweep over Dallas this year. The only way it's not is that we already wrapped up the division by week 17. Your running back, QB, WR's(other than TO) - which by the way will be dominated by the best secondary in the league- and your secondary are overrated. I love it. Zack Thomas??? Hahahahaha.

As far as the RBs being overrated, you can ask your safeties that once they get up from being flattend by Barber.

I feel the same about the Eagles as you do about Dallas. Its more fun when they are both good. Beating up on them for 10 years in the 90's. Them beating up on Dallas for the next 10 years.

Sweep? No way. Split? Probably. It is weird to play the Eagles at the beginning and end like this.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    As far as the RBs being overrated, you can ask your safeties that once they get up from being flattend by Barber.

I feel the same about the Eagles as you do about Dallas. Its more fun when they are both good. Beating up on them for 10 years in the 90's. Them beating up on Dallas for the next 10 years.

Sweep? No way. Split? Probably. It is weird to play the Eagles at the beginning and end like this.

Yeah it is. I'd rather see that second game some time earlier in December instead of when the Eagles already lock everything up and split the series. And getting "flattened" by Barber. Not gonna happen - if you can recall that Christmas game 2 years ago (and Dallas needed that game badly) they tried running Barber to the strong side THREE TIMES in a row and got stood up at the scrimmage line. People really do listen to too much ESPN to not give the Eagles enough credit. But that's fine, I like it that way. Sorry Giants fans, but this is gonna be a 2 horse race. New York's D is way too depleted in my book.
  • Options
    Yeah it is. I'd rather see that second game some time earlier in December instead of when the Eagles already lock everything up and split the series. And getting "flattened" by Barber. Not gonna happen - if you can recall that Christmas game 2 years ago (and Dallas needed that game badly) they tried running Barber to the strong side THREE TIMES in a row and got stood up at the scrimmage line. People really do listen to too much ESPN to not give the Eagles enough credit. But that's fine, I like it that way. Sorry Giants fans, but this is gonna be a 2 horse race. New York's D is way too depleted in my book.

On that last sentence we can agree. The Giants are done. Too many injuries + Super Bowl hangover + overacheiving last year = no playoffs in 2008-9.

1. Cowboys
    2. Eagles (wildcard)
    3. Giants
    4. Redskins
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Hahahahaha worst fans in sports... I love it - everything based off a national media that doesn't know squat about being a fan here. Yeah, I love hearing how Dallas is "America's Team", hahahaha... So Joe Shmoe from Chicago should be a Cowboys fan? Sports are rooted in your area, where you come from, and a sense of loyalty...This on the other hand should be allowed for some Podunk city in the middle of Texas? Rrrriiight. In SI the PLAYERS voted Philly the #1 town for fans in hockey, and football. Yeah, worst fans... We took a group of 3,000 people to New Orleans two years ago and are taking another 500 to Seattle and 2,000 to Chicago this year...And that's just one group...No one travels better - you have no idea.

First off, its traditional and true that Texas is football's state. From High School to the Cowboys, no state supports the sport like we do. And the Cowboys' players are absolutely loved here and all over the country. I know yall are extreme fans up there, but its an impossible comparrison that we can't know the answer to.

I do expect good games between the Cowboys and Eagles, but we'll have yall's number this year. And for the outcome of the season... well, we're just a far more superior team. May be yall will get your shit together again some year, but its not this year - lol.
  • Options
    BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    I love the theory you have to be a fan of the town you live near...:rolleyes:

As far as a team who's fans travel, check out Steelers games..they are everywhere.

As for me, I can't wait for this season to start....got my trip already booked for the last game in Texas Stadium. Gonna be awesome!!
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:
    I love the theory you have to be a fan of the town you live near...:rolleyes:

As far as a team who's fans travel, check out Steelers games..they are everywhere.

As for me, I can't wait for this season to start....got my trip already booked for the last game in Texas Stadium. Gonna be awesome!!

How bout when all Cowboys away games were sold out due to Cowboys fans, including Arizona and the LA Colliseum which never sold out for football games.
  • Options
    How bout when all Cowboys away games were sold out due to Cowboys fans, including Arizona and the LA Colliseum which never sold out for football games.

Oh I know..I don't bother fighting too much with the iggles fans, it's pointless. They get their one liners from listening to an AM radio station and swear by the idiots on there like its some sort of religion. Find me one other NFL team who needs or needed to have a judge and a jail cell in their stadium....thats something to be proud of.

I have a bunch of friends who are iggles fans who I have no problems with and vice versa...but I guess according to the 610-ites, they aren't true fans b/c they can be friends with fans of other teams. :rolleyes:

I just love this time of year, listening to the iggle fans chirpin how they are going to kick everyone's asses and how they are winning the Super Bowl yet again.......and then it gets better as the season wears on, and then they start turning on their players....McNabb sucks, Dawkins is too old....we will never with without a WR......Reid sucks......and so forth it's quite comical. Again, not sayin all of their fans are that way, just a lot of them.
  • Options
    How can any Philly fan talk shit about any other teams fans? They are well known as the worst fans in sports,

Wait. What was that?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3530077

Once again, know what you're talking about instead of keep hearing about some half-ass story about Santa getting pelted with snowballs told on ESPN. God, I'm so sick of that story. It was over 40 years ago! And enough with the cheese steaks! I get it - we have cheese steaks.

Oh, and I got another one for ya...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=8453940#sport=NFL&photo=8358350
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Hey Jerry Jones...don't forget to put tix in your players lockers again to games you wont be playing in

or were those tix he put there to go watch the Giants play the Packers?
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Bubba wrote:
    McNabb sucks, Dawkins is too old....we will never with without a WR......Reid sucks......and so forth it's quite comical. Again, not sayin all of their fans are that way, just a lot of them.

No, quite wrong buddy. I can see you base your rep of us on WIP?!?! Are you kidding me? Haha, cause that's hilarious - the majority is silent for the most part. Apart from here, on here I like to razz people, but WIP is full of nothing but white trash. Speaking of which, ahahahaha, you're from Newtown! Hahaha, what a fraud! No sense of loyalty. Wait. Let me guess your great-great grandfather is from Dallas and you grew up watching the games with him. I love lame excuses like that for liking teams like the Cowboys, Lakers, Yankees etc. You probably have never stepped on Dallas soil. It's just easier is what it comes down to - it's easier to cheer for the front-runner and winner than it is to root yourself in something you have to grind out. You're lower than a Dallas fan. At least they have a reason to be a fan and I can respect that. I've been to Dallas Stadium - boy was that fun winning there last year and seeing the reactions on their faces and just rubbing it in. Nothing better than going to an away game and celebrating in the local bar with a group of Eagles fans just irritating everybody. No one in our group condones violence. Actually every city I've been to I've seen more trashy people from the home city getting kicked out instead of us. By the way, Dallas/Irving blows as a whole. Back to what I was saying about my Philly/Dallas bud....You, Sir, on the other hand, are a fraud.
  • Options
    No, quite wrong buddy. I can see you base your rep of us on WIP?!?! Are you kidding me? Haha, cause that's hilarious - the majority is silent for the most part. Apart from here, on here I like to razz people, but WIP is full of nothing but white trash. Speaking of which, ahahahaha, you're from Newtown! Hahaha, what a fraud! No sense of loyalty. Wait. Let me guess your great-great grandfather is from Dallas and you grew up watching the games with him. I love lame excuses like that for liking teams like the Cowboys, Lakers, Yankees etc. You probably have never stepped on Dallas soil. It's just easier is what it comes down to - it's easier to cheer for the front-runner and winner than it is to root yourself in something you have to grind out. You're lower than a Dallas fan. At least they have a reason to be a fan and I can respect that. I've been to Dallas Stadium - boy was that fun winning there last year and seeing the reactions on their faces and just rubbing it in. Nothing better than going to an away game and celebrating in the local bar with a group of Eagles fans just irritating everybody. No one in our group condones violence. Actually every city I've been to I've seen more trashy people from the home city getting kicked out instead of us. By the way, Dallas/Irving blows as a whole. Back to what I was saying about my Philly/Dallas bud....You, Sir, on the other hand, are a fraud.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Starting off with all of these injuries is not a good thing, especially at wide reciever. Anyone have Terry Glenn's number?
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Starting off with all of these injuries is not a good thing, especially at wide reciever. Anyone have Terry Glenn's number?

Really, may be someone good will be free after cuts today or just better than who we have as #3 right now.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,079
    I dont want to look past week 1 and the excitement of the season opening this weekend, but I for one cannot wait for the week 2 Eagles - Cowboys matchup. Should be a fun week in the media!!

I will have much of the hype of this matchup here all next week:
    http://nfl-eagles.diehardsportsfan.net/
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I am going out on a limb and I'm going to say Romo chokes somehow...just a hunch :)
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I sent Jessica simpson season tickets. Here's to you Romo. *choke*
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Alright, so the Giants looked pretty good last night aside from some rust on Eli's part and some goofy play-calling here and there. Brandon Jacobs made his presense known. They will be tough.

Washington SUCKS though. Man, when will they be competitive again?

NFC East will again be the toughest division in football. For once it would be nice to be like New England and have nothing but losers to play against every year. I miss having Arizona in the division. :)

Dallas sends a message this weekend 35-17 over Cleveland.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13