Options

AET Secret Santa 2007!

Comments

• Options
    cat72 wrote:
    I was told it would take 10 days or so to get there, but I know last year it got there sooner than that. I sent from the US to England. I got the same answer this year, but the cost was double what it was last year. :mad: I never understood why it took so long something from Canada to get to the states?

I know eh, I think it's just a big rip off now a days. I couldn't believe how expensive it was to mail something either. It's complete shite isn't it.
  • Options
    cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992
    Earthgirl wrote:
    I know eh, I think it's just a big rip off now a days. I couldn't believe how expensive it was to mail something either. It's complete shite isn't it.

OH MY GOD!! The postage cost MORE than I spent on the gift, and I went a little over. And they make you declare what is in the package and the cost. Some surprise, huh? Hopefully my SS doesn't look at the customs form. :(
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    cat72 wrote:
    OH MY GOD!! The postage cost MORE than I spent on the gift, and I went a little over. And they make you declare what is in the package and the cost. Some surprise, huh? Hopefully my SS doesn't look at the customs form. :(

Yeah, it is crazy how much shipping is. Luckily mine wasn't more than the pressie. But for my friend's birthday, I got her a Lost doll (Charlie) and some candy. I mailed it to Prague and it cost $50!!! That was way more than the $15 doll. Oh well, she really loved it though. Stupid shipping rates.
  • Options
    Yeah, it is crazy how much shipping is. Luckily mine wasn't more than the pressie. But for my friend's birthday, I got her a Lost doll (Charlie) and some candy. I mailed it to Prague and it cost $50!!! That was way more than the $15 doll. Oh well, she really loved it though. Stupid shipping rates.

It is a good thing I like Christmas and love to give, otherwise I might have said nevermind. I think next year I buy online and make them ship it, esp if I have to send out of the country.
  • Options
    cat72 wrote:
    It is a good thing I like Christmas and love to give, otherwise I might have said nevermind. I think next year I buy online and make them ship it, esp if I have to send out of the country.
    :D Good idea... shit why didn't I think of that advice to give to people earlier in the thread? :confused:

Last year I bought a really big heavy book and I think it was about 20euro or something. I think the cut off date here for mailing to the states is the 1st or something... then it goes down for Europe and again for England and again for national.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    my gifts are on there way.......:)

i hope my mailmen has to ring the doorbell with his nose....;)
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hey helly I think we need a recieved thread if things are gonna start arriving soon :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    :D Good idea... shit why didn't I think of that advice to give to people earlier in the thread? :confused:

I didn't give it a second thought since it wasn't really an issue last year, at least to me. It won't stop me from doing it again, though. :)
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Irish Al wrote:
    Hey helly I think we need a recieved thread if things are gonna start arriving soon :D

red has started one ... she already received her pressie!
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    Irish Al wrote:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=265168
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    red has started one ... she already received her pressie!
    she's lookin kinda lonely in there though :(

Poor Al thinks he's getting something :D getting carried away with himself... bless!

Chime I booked me flight to London for when Marina's gonna be there :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    cat72 wrote:
    me too...haha....oh well, i figured it would be and it's worth it - this is fun! :)

i was thinking the same thing about the customs form....haha.

can't wait until my present gets there!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i posted mine today... yep postage was semi-high... i suppose postage to EuroausnewcanadaLand might be these days ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I would not be surprised if my present doesn't pass customs...the border patrol might open it up and start drinking!!! i declared that i had 9 glasses in my package. 8 of them were filled! we'll see!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    I would not be surprised if my present doesn't pass customs...the border patrol might open it up and start drinking!!! i declared that i had 9 glasses in my package. 8 of them were filled! we'll see!

Sounds interesting.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    :eek: I really really really hope ya got me :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :eek: I really really really hope ya got me :)

You are too funny. As you know, I did not have you, and you know who I had. Let's just say I had to do a bit of research on this person because I don't know them all that well, and that made it more fun and challenging.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    You are too funny. As you know, I did not have you, and you know who I had. Let's just say I had to do a bit of research on this person because I don't know them all that well, and that made it more fun and challenging.

Is it me :D
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• Options
    Is it me :D

Nope. Sorry. My mail went up north to a canuck. The 9th glass was a shot glass though!!! :D Spreading the xmas cheer!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Nope. Sorry. My mail went up north to a canuck. The 9th glass was a shot glass though!!! :D Spreading the xmas cheer!!!

Ah well, never mind :(

• Options
    :) had to check... I can't remember who everyone got :D

Oh and I said in another thread... I hope you're not expecting cards this year cos I just don't have the time or the patience I'm afraid :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066

Only six listed on page one. I sure hope that you are joking about what you sent as it won't be too tough to come to a conclusion as to who sent them their gift if they read this thread. Ooops! :)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I hope you're not expecting cards this year cos I just don't have the time or the patience I'm afraid :o

lazy bitch. :)

I like the idea of booze in a present though.. yummy :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Posted my SS 2 days ago.... :cool:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    lazy bitch. :)

I like the idea of booze in a present though.. yummy :)
    well come on... there's like 40 people in this thread :eek: and it took a LONG time last year... not that I didn't enjoy it but I was more bored last year and mustn't have had much of a life :o:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    Only six listed on page one. I sure hope that you are joking about what you sent as it won't be too tough to come to a conclusion as to who sent them their gift if they read this thread. Ooops! :)

Na HA! Doin' a bit o research, eh? :D I sent a card along with it with my first name. Which shouldn't be a stretch. :p And hey if border patrol up in Alex Bay NY has trouble with package, I'm sure they won't dump it...they'll just enjoy their coup later that evening and I'll get arrested for lying on my package description and illegal transportation of christmas cheer.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Na HA! Doin' a bit o research, eh? :D I sent a card along with it with my first name. Which shouldn't be a stretch. :p And hey if border patrol up in Alex Bay NY has trouble with package, I'm sure they won't dump it...they'll just enjoy their coup later that evening and I'll get arrested for lying on my package description and illegal transportation of christmas cheer.

Hmmm I'm a Canuck and manage a liquor store/wine boutique....maybe I'm the lucky fellow :)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066

ha ha

Last year I left off some of the stuff in the box, because I wanted it to be a surprise when my SS opened their box. I have faith in the pride and sincerity of the postal service to just deliver the goods. If it ain't ticking to just let it get to the destination. :)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    ha ha

Last year I left off some of the stuff in the box, because I wanted it to be a surprise when my SS opened their box. I have faith in the pride and sincerity of the postal service to just deliver the goods. If it ain't ticking to just let it get to the destination. :)

love your sig!!!!!!!!!!!! rare in these parts!

(yes - a fellow phead as well!)
    I love to turn you on