Options

AET Secret Santa 2007!

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Sign up before Monday 5th November... any names received after this date cannot be considered :(

go ahead and forward their emails on to me now... but please to make it easier (READ CAREFULLY) put your user name in the subject and include all the following details:

Name
Address
Further information you may want to share in order to make buying your gift easier (age, likes/dislikes, hobbies, etc).

and send to heinekenhelen@hotmail.com

Ok, so let's start discussing it and see if many are interested. I have been thinking about it a bit recently and got a polite reminder from somebody today so thought fuck it. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to organise it again. I probably will be able to (with somebody elses help again - like redrock last year who did such a wonderful job) but there's a possibility I won't since it does require a good bit of time and stuff which I don't REALLY have in this job. We'll see.

So anyway, we've lotsa time but let's give it a few weeks to get a show of hands and see if there are enough interested... please only post here if you really ARE interested:

It must value approximately:

$20 /15euro /£10 and postage is on TOP of that (since I have not added inflation :D ) so you must consider the weight of your gift when you buy/make it.

So here's what happens if you're in. send me an email with your:

name
address
any information that may help somebody to buy you something (even if it's just 'I like surprises)

If there's anybody on the list you don't want to have your home address... or if you want to specify something like 'I want someone from another country to get my address' or 'I'd rather get the address of someone in THIS country to save on postage'... ALL these requests will be accommodated... cos I understand not everyone gets on with everyone here... and also there's the delicate matter of sharing home addresses with people... if you like, it's even ok to just send a list of people off the list who you know personally and say you're only comfortable with one of those getting your address.

Now that's step one taken care of. Then I will forward somebody elses email to you with all their personal details before the 9th November and you have until 26th November to buy, wrap and post the gift. You have a cost of $20/15euro/£10 (well that's value... some people choose to MAKE something... but it better be good if you're gonna do that )

And everyone should be happy. Of course there's always that chance thtat whoever gets your name chooses not to fucking bother at ALL but when there's so many people involved that's the chance you take unfortunately.

Here's who's in so far:

Heineken Helen - Ireland
even flow? - Canada
nfanel - USA
civ_eng_girl - Canada
super vedder - England
wolfbear - USA
sprunkn7 - USA
bedface cooper - Austria
metsophorte - Austria
Being Enlightened - Canada
sian-of-the-dead - England
dunkman - Scotland
Terryible - New Zealand
urbanhippie - England
eMMI - Finland
Jeanie - Australia
Surfanddestroy - England
all4pearljam - USA
chime - England
Patrickredeyes - USA
Irish Al - Ireland
wash_ - England
ridin the wave - Canada
V V - England
Steve Dunne - USA
Mindi - USA
mensane - USA
cat72 - USA
Hinny - Australia
audiodave - England
tachepiranha - Germany
cree_nations - Canada
sonja_s - Austria
Foxy Mop - USA
pearljamjen - USA
scratchin a letter - England
Linda - Netherlands
esther1977 - Netherlands
decides2dream - USA
myhandsbound - USA
coachchris - Canada
Binaural - Ireland
redrock - England

Total - 43
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I'm in again - it was fun. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    I'm in again - it was fun. :)
    :) cool... I'm gonna set up an email address for this so I'm not flooded with pm's again... cos last year there were so many people, that WAS a problem :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I like the sounds of this, count me in
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Glad somebody reminded you.

I'm in!

And if you need some help down the road, let me know.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    Terryible wrote:
    I like the sounds of this, count me in
    cool... I will announce official dates and deadlines soon... but this is just to figure out how many we have interested.

I have set up an email address for this which is simply heinekenhelen@hotmail.com

please do not pm me about this
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    santa 2008? i guess you mean 2007? hope its not for next year, if so...im in!
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    Glad somebody reminded you.

I'm in!

And if you need some help down the road, let me know.
    :) will do. Thank you... and thank you ;)

Oooopps... lol, I got the wrong year... I'll have to ask them to change the title :o how the fuck did I do that? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    cool... I will announce official dates and deadlines soon... but this is just to figure out how many we have interested.

I have set up an email address for this which is simply heinekenhelen@hotmail.com

please do not pm me about this

PM sent :p;)

Sorry I had to say that :o I will respond to the email.
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I would be up for this again. It was a lot of fun last year. :)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    i'll give it a try.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    Does the gift have to be PJ related or can it be anything?
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Does the gift have to be PJ related or can it be anything?

It can be anything. Though both what I sent, and received, last year ended up being PJ related. :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    I'll do it again...... this time please don't forget to send me something !! who ever gets my name. :)
    thanks,
    peace and love
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    I don't think I'll be able to do it this year, but if anyone is reading this and is on the fence about signing on, I'd say definitely do it, you'll be glad you did! I had a lot of fun last year, both buying and receiving my gifts. The only reason I'm out is because I most likely won't be able to get out to shop.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    You know. I think I'll do it this year. Now that I don't work in the corporate world, I'm missing out on the Secret Santa fun!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    I don't think I'll be able to do it this year, but if anyone is reading this and is on the fence about signing on, I'd say definitely do it, you'll be glad you did! I had a lot of fun last year, both buying and receiving my gifts. The only reason I'm out is because I most likely won't be able to get out to shop.

I'm in!
    Hippiemom! I'll shop for you any day or minute of the week and i hope you know that! :)

Ok, well, I'm not a great shopper, but the offer still stands!
    Guy shopping = Yankee Candle or a Captain beefheart CD. :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992
    me too!!!!!
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    I'm in...e-mail sent
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 645
    i also did it last year and i will again can i make one suggestion?
    that we make a bit of a silly question that we all fill out and that info is given to our secret santa for example

Name Lukin
    Age 30
    Gender M

each person pick which they would be and tell us why

• A piece of fruit
    • An historical figure
    • A household object
    • A cartoon character

example
    I would be a pineapple as I am exotic, sweet and zingy.

just a thougt might helps us with shopping :D
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • Options
    I'm in!
    :D
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    I'm in for sure! It was F-U-N last year!!!! :D
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    whats this secret santa business all about? how does it work. feel me in with details......
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    i'll go in this one with people i dont even know rather than the fuckin idiots' in work secret santa!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'm in.

i always buy the other person a plastic cock and a chef's apron with my body photocopied on to it

hey retard.. put the fancy email address on your first post will you??? i was about to PM and then i saw your post further down. do it now :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    I'll do it again...... this time please don't forget to send me something !! who ever gets my name. :)
    thanks,
    peace and love
    :eek: YOU didn't get anything? Shit... that's just not good. I don't even have the list anymore of who got who to check who it was :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I'm in again, was fun last year and I got an ace pressy.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    thanks hippiemom :o I'm sure we'll find a way of including you :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    jojo wrote:
    i also did it last year and i will again can i make one suggestion?
    that we make a bit of a silly question that we all fill out and that info is given to our secret santa for example

Name Lukin
    Age 30
    Gender M

each person pick which they would be and tell us why

• A piece of fruit
    • An historical figure
    • A household object
    • A cartoon character

example
    I would be a pineapple as I am exotic, sweet and zingy.

just a thougt might helps us with shopping :D
    that's a good idea :) what I did last year was with the email you send with you're name address, etc. You can add a few details about yourself, what you like, don't like, age, shit like that... to help your SS pick something for ya.

So can everyone PLEASE hold back on the emails for now :) . Just state your interest in this thread and then when we're ready to proceed :cool: I'll let ya all know what to do :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    whats this secret santa business all about? how does it work. feel me in with details......
    FEEL you in?

well senrock... here's what happens if you're in. At a later date, you will send me an email with your:

name
    address
    any information that may help somebody to buy you something (even if it's just 'I like surprises)

If there's anybody on the list you don't want to have your home address... or if you want to specify something like 'I want someone from another country to get my address' or 'I'd rather get the address of someone in THIS country to save on postage'... ALL these requests will be accommodated... cos I understand not everyone gets on with everyone here... and also there's the delicate matter of sharing home addresses with people... if you like, it's even ok to just send a list of people off the list who you know personally and say you're only comfortable with one of those getting your address.

I'd rather people WEREN'T so fucking fussy :D but if anybody feels dodgy about things like that I will make it easier for them.

Now that's step one taken care of. Then I will forward somebody elses email to you with all their personal details. I will have a deadline before the gift must be posted. You have a cost of $20/15euro/£10 (well that's value... some people choose to MAKE something... but it better be good if you're gonna do that :D ) and then you post it off :)

And everyone should be happy. Of course there's always that chance thtat whoever gets your name chooses not to fucking bother at ALL :mad: but when there's so many people involved that's the chance you take unfortunately :( . Any more questions?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life