Options

AET Secret Santa 2007!

Comments

• Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    coachchris wrote:
    So much pressure, what if my reciever thinks their presents suck :(

Notice presents is plural, I've decided to spoil my reciever just in case one or two of the gifts do suck in their opinion.....I can barely take the pressure. Just wrapping and sending and hoping for the best!

It is Christmas, no presents can suck. I just added that in there incase somebody wants to burst a bubble. ;)

I don't think my receiver from last year knows who sent their stuff to them. Unless the cheated and asked Helen.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    coachchris wrote:

Notice presents is plural, I've decided to spoil my reciever just in case one or two of the gifts do suck in their opinion.....I can barely take the pressure. Just wrapping and sending and hoping for the best!

Aww...I know, when I was buying the gifts I kept wondering "we'll my person think this is lame??" I liked it though. :p Like you I bought a few different things hoping at least one will be a winner! :D
  • Options
    coachchris wrote:

It's ok, if they think it sucks, they'll pretend to like it anyway :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    It is Christmas, no presents can suck. I just added that in there incase somebody wants to burst a bubble. ;)

I don't think my receiver from last year knows who sent their stuff to them. Unless the cheated and asked Helen.
    hmm... not that I can recall :o

Yep, I'm getting a few things too, I've also decided that since I've found out my receiver and I have one or two things in common, I'm just gonna get things that I like and hope the receiver also likes them :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I've just finished wrapping everything. Now I only need someone who's going to the post office for me, as I'm stuck in school all day tomorrow.. :o

Oh, I love doing things like that :)
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I have mine all sorted now!!!!!!!!!!! :):) I'm so pleased with it!

Just need to wrap, then send.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I've got an idea but will have to see if I can pull it off :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Mine is going out in the am.!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Mine is going out in the am.!!

me too! :D
    well, maybe not in the AM :o...but definitely tomorrow in any case. :p
    just wrapped em all up tonight - my FIRST xmas gifts of the season to be wrapped - got em all in their mailers and good to go! love it!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    Got the last piece today. Will ship on Monday. My sister loves the fact that we're doing this. She desperatly tries to get me into some kind of Christmas spirit every year and this year I was the one dragging her out to buy the first gift :D
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:
    I've got an idea but will have to see if I can pull it off :D

is it a plaster cast of Ron Jeremy?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    is it a plaster cast of Ron Jeremy?

Oooooh I hope he is sending it to me! :p

The UPS store is open on Sundays thankfully, so mine is going out tomorrow! :D I really really hope the person likes what I bought. But then again, if they don't like it, they won't know it was me! :D Just kidding. I really hope they like it!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I am happy to say my first Christmas gift of the season is in the mail! I hope all goes well! This is seriously fun as shit!
    I sent something I think they will like, and I would like to receive if I liked what they liked!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    woo!

pressie mailed today!! :D hope the person likes it even though I didn't have time to wrap it.. :o I'm not even sure if I wrapped the gift last year. hehe.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I already received my secret santa prezzie!!!!! How am I going to wait a WHOLE month before opening it? It's calling to me.. saying 'open me.. open me!'.

I guess I should at least wait until the month of december to open it, shouldn't I?

Well... shouldn't I? Hmmm... no response.. maybe that means I can open it now!!!

BTW.. Mine being sent Wednesday.
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    redrock wrote:
    I already received my secret santa prezzie!!!!! How am I going to wait a WHOLE month before opening it? It's calling to me.. saying 'open me.. open me!'.

I guess I should at least wait until the month of december to open it, shouldn't I?

Well... shouldn't I? Hmmm... no response.. maybe that means I can open it now!!!

YOU HAVE IT ALREADY!!!!!!!

nice...! ;)
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

WOW!! Coolness! Did we ever decide if we were going to choose a day that everyone opens? Or maybe you already opened it? :D
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Just dropped mine in the mail today!!! It's the only xmas shopping I've done so far!! :eek:
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Things are starting to get exciting around here....people already receiving WOW! Just finished my shopping today so tomorrow it'll be shipped out!
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    WOW!! Coolness! Did we ever decide if we were going to choose a day that everyone opens? Or maybe you already opened it? :D

Haven't opened it yet (and it HAS been several hours!)! :D Last year we had the goody two shoes people who waited until Christmas Day to open their prezzie :rolleyes:. Others opened as they got them. Some even tried to resist temptation and waited a bit but were overcome with curiosity and excitement and could wait no longer.....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Haven't opened it yet (and it HAS been several hours!)! :D Last year we had the goody two shoes people who waited until Christmas Day to open their prezzie :rolleyes:. Others opened as they got them. Some even tried to resist temptation and waited a bit but were overcome with curiosity and excitement and could wait no longer.....

HAHA!! I know, I'm a very instant gratification type person, so the waiting would drive me mad! :p But if we all decided to wait, I would. :)
  • Options
    HAHA!! I know, I'm a very instant gratification type person, so the waiting would drive me mad! :p But if we all decided to wait, I would. :)

I can't really wait... this is killing me :o I did take a lil' peek inside but didn't open anything that was wrapped.. promise! :o
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    woops

ok so my pm box has been full for a week or two BUT i was wondering when we would hear who and where to send a SS too ?????

**runs off to delete a few pm's **
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    :eek: VV! Your prezzie should be bought and ready to be sent now! Tut tut.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

well it would be if i had been told who to send it too but I think i've been forgoten !! :(

*red can u go on msn ?? *
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Awwww...... get in touch with Helen... .she'll sort you out. :)
  • Options
    indeed I'm gonna txt her right nowwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    redrock wrote:

I know I'm not VV but............

I ordered a prezzie a month ago and the thing I ordered is back ordered. I called on the weekend and the deadline for their delivery is Dec. 10. Don't you worry my SS receiver, YOU WILL HAVE IT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER BEFORE X-MAS. I guarantee that!
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    Well... I'm tut tut-ing but I haven't sent mine either :o
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Haven't opened it yet (and it HAS been several hours!)! Last year we had the goody two shoes people who waited until Christmas Day to open their prezzie :rolleyes:. Others opened as they got them. Some even tried to resist temptation and waited a bit but were overcome with curiosity and excitement and could wait no longer.....

impressive!
    1. that you already got your gift, means someone shipped EAR_LEEE!
    2. that you thus far resisted temptation.

i don't think a general consensus had been reached in regars to open all at once or open as you like. i have a feeling the 'open as you like' wins tho. i was the one to suggest this year one massive opening/posting frenzy :D...and while i still like the idea, i do guess it's pretty impractical given we're all over the world.

so perhaps you red should be the one to start the "AET secret santa received" thread....since it seems you ARE the first to get your gift, and good *excuse* to dive right in and open that sucker up! :D

man, i thought i was *good* getting mine shipped out on saturday. i just hope my person actually gets it. :o there was a mix up on the postage at first b/c i was buying a lot of stamps, sending out a couple packages, etc. it did get all straightened away, i think, and hope...hahaha....will know soon i guess! *fingers crossed*

and man, i got killed with postage again this year....hahaha. thought i would do better, and it was actually worse this year! ha. eh well. good thing the postage is on top of the $20, b/c otherwise what a shite gift it would be...:p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow