The biggest fucking spider in the WORLD...

Comments

• was in my house last night :eek:

Got a text from my housemate just when I was dropping off at about 12.30 saying 'huge spider come see'. I replied 'and why would I wanna do THAT?' and he said he needed help :eek:

so I went down the stairs saying 'this better be good' and my other annoying housemate thought he was missing out on something so came out to see... he's an arachnaphobe :D

It was fucking HUGE... I've never seen a spider so big. Eventually he trapped it in a fishtank he had... and added another big spider (what I would USUALLY call huge). Within a few minutes, the big one caught the littler big one and started EATING it. It had big fangs and hairy legs and a face with big eyes that actually follow you and everything. One of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

It was like national geographic in my own living room :)
    you got a picture???

was it a tarantula or something?

i hate spiders
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • corycory Posts: 736
    Trailer wrote:
    ROFL :D

The spider just called me on my cell phone. I asked how he got my number he said don't worry about it. Then he demanded I pick him up some KFC on my way home. For my good deed, he said he'll make me a blanket made of silk and he promises not to rape me in my sleep.

I agreed and we hung up in a civil manner.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • cory wrote:
    The spider just called me on my cell phone. I asked how he got my number he said don't worry about it. Then he demanded I pick him up some KFC on my way home. For my good deed, he said he'll make me a blanket made of silk and he promises not to rape me in my sleep.

I agreed and we hung up in a civil manner.

LMFAO!

"...demanded I pick up some KFC on my way home..."

THAT, is brilliant...
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Shit, I think we may have a problem. I was in bed last night watching telly... and I saw one run across the floor under the tv and thought 'that's ok, it's gone'. A minute later I saw ANOTHER one run the exact same route... and then another one and another one :eek: I saw 7 in about 10 minutes. Once I was sure they'd stopped I went downstairs to get my housemate and sent him up. He only found one... now I'm not sure if I'm cracking up or what. Cos it's possible it WAS just the one and it was just insanely active... OR we've got a nest of them :eek:

Cos I'd normally only spot a spider maybe once every couple of weeks in my room... that was just nuts :o I had to sleep on the couch last night :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    was in my house last night :eek:

Got a text from my housemate just when I was dropping off at about 12.30 saying 'huge spider come see'. I replied 'and why would I wanna do THAT?' and he said he needed help :eek:

so I went down the stairs saying 'this better be good' and my other annoying housemate thought he was missing out on something so came out to see... he's an arachnaphobe :D

It was fucking HUGE... I've never seen a spider so big. Eventually he trapped it in a fishtank he had... and added another big spider (what I would USUALLY call huge). Within a few minutes, the big one caught the littler big one and started EATING it. It had big fangs and hairy legs and a face with big eyes that actually follow you and everything. One of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

there's one of these bitches currently inside my bathtub....it is the size of my hand. how do i get rid of this monster?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • prism wrote:
    there's one of these bitches currently inside my bathtub....it is the size of my hand. how do i get rid of this monster?
    smash it ;)
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • prism wrote:
    oh no :o it's awful, cos the poor fucker is just trapped in the bath and wants to get out... and here's you getting all smelly cos you can't have a bath cos there's a spider in there and you ain't sharing... it's a no win situation for either of yas :( you need somebody to get it out for ya.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    oh no :o it's awful, cos the poor fucker is just trapped in the bath and wants to get out... and here's you getting all smelly cos you can't have a bath cos there's a spider in there and you ain't sharing... it's a no win situation for either of yas :( you need somebody to get it out for ya.

I feel bad cause i had to drown the beast. :( I usually try to catch spiders and let them go outside. I had a big plastic cup that i was gonna try to catch it in but this massive thing was too big and too fast and i freaked out. there was no one around that could catch it for me. so I didn't have much choice other than to turn the water on and drown it. I did have to take a shower (I had a Dr.s appointment) and I wasn't gonna share my shampoo with it, besides it wasn't gonna see me nekkid unless it bought me dinner and drinks first ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • prism wrote:
    I feel bad cause i had to drown the beast. :( I usually try to catch spiders and let them go outside. I had a big plastic cup that i was gonna try to catch it in but this massive thing was too big and too fast and i freaked out. there was no one around that could catch it for me. so I didn't have much choice other than to turn the water on and drown it. I did have to take a shower (I had a Dr.s appointment) and I wasn't gonna share my shampoo with it, besides it wasn't gonna see me nekkid unless it bought me dinner and drinks first ;)
    :o awww... I'm sorry... I can imagine how creeped out ya were. We've one that seems to live in the corner just over the shower... it doesn't bother me cos it doesn't move very often but I often think it might fall or something :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • If I found a spider as big as a hand in the house, I'd prob freeze. That's what I did when I saw a slightly (but only slightly!) smaller one than HH's scuttling across the floor of our lovely dilapidated Victorian cottage in Windsor... It had fur! I just stood there, making funny screeching sounds. Eventually, I robot-walked to the kitchen where I signalled to my g/f to follow me (as she kept saying "Why are you making that sound? Speak up!") and she managed to catch it using a measuring jug and a bit of cardboard and put it outside...

Here in Vienna I haven't seen any scary spiders yet :) Unfortunately, our building is infested with cockroaches instead. I hate having to kill them, but if we don't I think the bloody insects are going to take over and evict us soon.
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Riot_Rain wrote:
    If I found a spider as big as a hand in the house, I'd prob freeze. That's what I did when I saw a slightly (but only slightly!) smaller one than HH's scuttling across the floor of our lovely dilapidated Victorian cottage in Windsor... It had fur! I just stood there, making funny screeching sounds. Eventually, I robot-walked to the kitchen where I signalled to my g/f to follow me (as she kept saying "Why are you making that sound? Speak up!") and she managed to catch it using a measuring jug and a bit of cardboard and put it outside...

Here in Vienna I haven't seen any scary spiders yet :) Unfortunately, our building is infested with cockroaches instead. I hate having to kill them, but if we don't I think the bloody insects are going to take over and evict us soon.
    :o cockroaches. At least with spiders, much as I don't like them, I can appreciate their necessity. Cockroaches I have a TINY bit of respect for their ability to survive a nuclear fallout but that just means they must be REALLY bad imo.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    prism wrote:

Hope it didn't bite you.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    rhinomagic wrote:

that was fucking gross, and make me want to vomit.

i hate this thread, and i hate spiders.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Just thinking of spiders I get all paranoid and start feeling things crawling on me
    right-fucking-on
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    that was fucking gross, and make me want to vomit.

I agree. Couldn't even watch all 5 minutes of it.

But it IS remarkable. ;)

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    Im scared to find one of those in my house now! :eek:
    Spiders scare the hell out of me! If one of those were in my house id probably leave and call the exterminator and not come back till he was gone. For some reason I feel sorry for the spider in your story...

But damn... :eek: that is all...
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Cosmo wrote:
    :eek: Yes, yes it was :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    rhinomagic wrote:

uh thanks? for resurrecting this thread to make sure that I didn't wind up as spider chow ;)

i take it that it's a good thing that this video keeps freezing about 15-20 seconds into it, huh?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    that's disgusting !

edit: this thread is the most disgusting thread I've ever seen here. I think I'll make nightmares next night...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • It was fucking HUGE...

Photos?
    Eventually he trapped it in a fishtank he had... and added another big spider (what I would USUALLY call huge). Within a few minutes, the big one caught the littler big one and started EATING it.

isn't that some kind of cruelty to spiders? Did you take bets? should the RSPCA be called?

:p

I love the way you say "the littler big one" :D

I love spiders, I used to be terrified but I told myself that it's an irrational fear so set about getting over it. I'm good with them now and find them quite fascinating but if it was THAT big, even I'd be scared and wouldn't touch it.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • KosmicJelliKosmicJelli Posts: 1,855
    Ive seen spiders called wolf spiders.... I flipped over a rowboat once and there it was... I ran & screamed for miles... it was like the size of your hand.... ewwwww...
  • Photos?

isn't that some kind of cruelty to spiders? Did you take bets? should the RSPCA be called?

:p

I love the way you say "the littler big one" :D

I love spiders, I used to be terrified but I told myself that it's an irrational fear so set about getting over it. I'm good with them now and find them quite fascinating but if it was THAT big, even I'd be scared and wouldn't touch it.
    we didn't get photos... well i'd taken a few but they came out crap on my camera and honestly it really wouldn't show the size this fucking thing WAS.

Sadly it died :( and I MEAN sadly... I felt sorry for the poor fucker.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Julien wrote:
    that's disgusting !

edit: this thread is the most disgusting thread I've ever seen here. I think I'll make nightmares next night...
    I'm sorry :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I'm sorry :(
    don't be sorry. This is disgusting but interesting though :D
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    was in my house last night :eek:

I'm freaking out just by reading this post.
    I absolutely HATE big spiders. *shudders*
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    :eek: why why why?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    :eek: why why why?
    It was someone's pet....seriously.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    It was someone's pet....seriously.
    again... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Just sent you a friend request btw :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life