The biggest fucking spider in the WORLD...

Comments

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    A spider zoo?! *freaks out*

Didn't know we could get spiders that big in Ireland... and considering I've seen all sorts of monsters living in the bogarse of nowhere... I'd freak out if I saw it though, I hate spiders!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Jennytree wrote:
    A spider zoo?! *freaks out*

Didn't know we could get spiders that big in Ireland... and considering I've seen all sorts of monsters living in the bogarse of nowhere... I'd freak out if I saw it though, I hate spiders!
    I had dinner with my sister and aunt last night and was telling them about it... they didn't believe it could be that big. When they dropped me home, I showed them... they really couldn't believe it.

I've never seen one that big in Ireland either... in fairness apparently they're more common in England and I've seen a few almost as big over there. They DEFINITELY have much bigger spiders in England than here.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    weirdly enough my wife banged on the bedroom floor last night when she went upstairs and i went up to see what the deal was.. ok i was hoping it was for a shag.. but it was a giant spider behind the mirror and she hates spiders... i've seen bigger spiders than the one last night but it was just uncanny that this thread happened yesterday and then that night there it was on our wall.

i dont save the fuckers though.. i grab them with bog-roll and then flush them away... i hate them and if one of my kids saw one that size they'd be scarred for life methinks.

but we'll get loads more in the next month or so... biggest one i saw was about 2 years ago in my wee-est girls top drawer... size of my hand :eek:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908

It was fucking HUGE... I've never seen a spider so big. Eventually he trapped it in a fishtank he had... and added another big spider (what I would USUALLY call huge). Within a few minutes, the big one caught the littler big one and started EATING it. It had big fangs and hairy legs and a face with big eyes that actually follow you and everything. One of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

It was like national geographic in my own living room :)

:eek:

Oh my GOD.

I wouldn't have came home.
    I had a mouse one time and I vacated the premises and wouldn't come back for a few days until I thought it was gone.

And I was so scared I called my Dad and then he called the police. seriously. I was mortified. They were laughing at me so hard and I was like, I'm so sorry! :(
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    New York Spider

'Nightmare' Tarantula Rescued in N.Y.

Last Edited: Friday, 17 Aug 2007, 2:15 PM EDT
    Created: Friday, 17 Aug 2007, 2:15 PM EDT

Off-beat news that's so strange it must be true. SMITHTOWN, N.Y. --
    An orange tarantula with venomous fangs was rescued Friday after its owner said he could no longer care for it.

"This is the kind of spider that nightmares are made of," said Roy Gross, chief of the Suffolk County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

He said the spider is aggressive and can jump 3 feet and bite with its large fangs. The bites are dangerous to humans.

The spider, known as an ornate golden baboon, has a fat body 5 inches long that is covered in orange hair. Male baboon spiders can have a leg span of about 8 inches, and the female is even larger.

Gross said he was glad the owner, whose name was not released, called the SPCA instead of dumping the spider.

"This spider is so aggressive, it will bite you just to bite you," he said. "It's not a pet you want to cuddle up with at night."

Baboon spiders have a life span of up to 25 years, are native to southern Africa and spend most of their time near their nests, which are usually holes in the ground.

The SPCA took the spider to a sanctuary for reptiles and other animals.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    This thread is useless without pics.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    New York Spider

'Nightmare' Tarantula Rescued in N.Y.

Last Edited: Friday, 17 Aug 2007, 2:15 PM EDT
    Created: Friday, 17 Aug 2007, 2:15 PM EDT

Off-beat news that's so strange it must be true. SMITHTOWN, N.Y. --
    An orange tarantula with venomous fangs was rescued Friday after its owner said he could no longer care for it.

"This is the kind of spider that nightmares are made of," said Roy Gross, chief of the Suffolk County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

He said the spider is aggressive and can jump 3 feet and bite with its large fangs. The bites are dangerous to humans.

The spider, known as an ornate golden baboon, has a fat body 5 inches long that is covered in orange hair. Male baboon spiders can have a leg span of about 8 inches, and the female is even larger.

Gross said he was glad the owner, whose name was not released, called the SPCA instead of dumping the spider.

"This spider is so aggressive, it will bite you just to bite you," he said. "It's not a pet you want to cuddle up with at night."

Baboon spiders have a life span of up to 25 years, are native to southern Africa and spend most of their time near their nests, which are usually holes in the ground.

The SPCA took the spider to a sanctuary for reptiles and other animals.

This thread is useless without pics.
    08-17-2007 06:05 PM

too bad they dont let us insert the photo but anyway

Golden Baboon Spider
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • #X.#X. Posts: 142
    Aunt Rose is the Tarantula who shares our home. She is beautiful, and quite pre-historic. #X.
    "The Poet is a madman lost in adventure."
    -Paul Verlaine-

"With me poetry has not been a purpose, but a passion."
    -Edgar Poe-
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    anyone have a spare pair of pants? seems i've done something nasty in mine :o
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    is it on me?? i feel like its on me!!
    (shudders, brushes off arms and legs)

this is the most unsettling post ever!
  • Magus wrote:

I've never seen that clock picture before. That WAS scary!

I've seen a number of programmes about spiders in Australia. They all appear to be dangerous and scary. Is that true? I would be scared to put my socks on in the morning!
    I've never seen that clock picture before. That WAS scary!

I've seen a number of programmes about spiders in Australia. They all appear to be dangerous and scary. Is that true? I would be scared to put my socks on in the morning!
    a friend of mine who lived there said she had to check her socks every morning before putting them on :eek: I couldn't cope with that.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I've never seen that clock picture before. That WAS scary!

Like most things about Australia's dangerous animals, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

If Australia's animals are as dangerous as everybody claims they are, nobody would live here anymore.

The most dangerous animal in Australia is the horse, killing approx 17 aussies every year. The most dangerous venemous animal is the bee, killing approx 11 aussies every year (those stats are a couple of years out of date).
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the coolest thing is when a huntsman's eggs hatch and you walk into a room and all these little spiderlings are up there on the ceiling. you spray them with bugspray and they all drop from the ceiling on their spiderstrings. it's like paratroopers landing in europe. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    the coolest thing is when a huntsman's eggs hatch and you walk into a room and all these little spiderlings are up there on the ceiling. you spray them with bugspray and they all drop from the ceiling on their spiderstrings. it's like paratroopers landing in europe. :D
    :eek: and that's cool?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :eek: and that's cool?

totally. they're itty bitty spiders. :D

i do however feel bad about spraying them, but there can be dozens and dozens of the little eight legged darlings and i only have 2 eyes. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    well it looks like the spider did his job... my annoying housemate who's terrified of spiders told me last night that he's moving out end of September :)

He said there's stuff going on and he needs to move home... but I reckon it was cos of the spider :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    well it looks like the spider did his job... my annoying housemate who's terrified of spiders told me last night that he's moving out end of September :)

He said there's stuff going on and he needs to move home... but I reckon it was cos of the spider :)

see helen. spiders are our friends. ;):D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    see helen. spiders are our friends. ;):D
    :) I'm starting to agree... anyone who's afraid of spiders should have a spider zoo like ours cos it's making me a bit less afraid of them.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    *shudders* Spiders freak me out sooo easily, but they are so fascinating... They are one of my biggest fears and I don't even know why... They freak me out so bad that I won't sleep if a spider is in the room until it is caught... But I won't kill them because then I feel bad... I mean, they just scared me, they shouldn't deserve to die for such a thing! But still... *shudders* Wolf spiders are the worst...
    Cateeto wrote:
    *shudders* Spiders freak me out sooo easily, but they are so fascinating... They are one of my biggest fears and I don't even know why... They freak me out so bad that I won't sleep if a spider is in the room until it is caught... But I won't kill them because then I feel bad... I mean, they just scared me, they shouldn't deserve to die for such a thing! But still... *shudders* Wolf spiders are the worst...
    :o I know what ya mean... I don't like them in my room if I can SEE them and if they're moving. I don't mind if they disappear, I can just tell myself they've left the room. I don't like people killing them though :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    :o I know what ya mean... I don't like them in my room if I can SEE them and if they're moving. I don't mind if they disappear, I can just tell myself they've left the room. I don't like people killing them though :(
    I remember when I was a teenager I used to wake my dad up at odd hours in the night/morning to capture the wolf spiders that dwelled in my room. The fucking things would just end up EVERYWHERE... The stories I have... I too am fine with them disappearing... Well not wolf spiders, but tiny spiders :p But seriously, the wolf spiders that used to dwell in my room really freaked the hell out of me. For example, I would go to sit on a bean bag chair and it was right there! *shudders* Another time for days I had been waking up with itchy bites all over me... One night I just got the sudden urge to fluff my pillow and when I picked it up there was a HUGE furry wolf spider beneath it... I was so freaked I couldn't even sleep in that bed! But the worst was when I went to put on a pair of pants and I felt something moving in my legs... It's the quickest I've ever taken pants off... Let me just say that.

Anyway... I used to have my dad come and capture the things, but all he would do was kill them and let me just say that he always used a frying spatula to kill these things because a regular fly swatter simply wasn't strong enough! :eek: When he killed them I felt bad, so many times I would try to capture them in jars and stuff, but they jumped! Scariest moments in life... Even when I caught them though I was too afraid to open the jars to feed them or allow them air because I feared they would get out, so it was a lost cause :(

Luckily where I live now Mr. Cateeto and I haven't come across any of those evil things... Just smaller spiders that don't affect me as much, but when he came home from Tennessee with brown rucruises (spelling?), I flipped the hell out! They were long dead and all that remained were the bodies of them... But still....

Blah.
    Cateeto wrote:
    One night I just got the sudden urge to fluff my pillow and when I picked it up there was a HUGE furry wolf spider beneath it... I was so freaked I couldn't even sleep in that bed! But the worst was when I went to put on a pair of pants and I felt something moving in my legs... It's the quickest I've ever taken pants off... Let me just say that.
    :eek: that's just really disturbing... :o if I saw one in my bed I'd be sleeping on the couch for weeks.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Is it true that shit about human beings eating spiders while we sleep? :confused:

It would be so fucked up :D

But, then I come from a country where we eat insects :p lol
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-

• Holy crap! it's a gerbil wearing a spider costume...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Cateeto wrote:
    I remember when I was a teenager I used to wake my dad up at odd hours in the night/morning to capture the wolf spiders that dwelled in my room. The fucking things would just end up EVERYWHERE... The stories I have... I too am fine with them disappearing... Well not wolf spiders, but tiny spiders :p But seriously, the wolf spiders that used to dwell in my room really freaked the hell out of me. For example, I would go to sit on a bean bag chair and it was right there! *shudders* Another time for days I had been waking up with itchy bites all over me... One night I just got the sudden urge to fluff my pillow and when I picked it up there was a HUGE furry wolf spider beneath it... I was so freaked I couldn't even sleep in that bed! But the worst was when I went to put on a pair of pants and I felt something moving in my legs... It's the quickest I've ever taken pants off... Let me just say that.

Anyway... I used to have my dad come and capture the things, but all he would do was kill them and let me just say that he always used a frying spatula to kill these things because a regular fly swatter simply wasn't strong enough! :eek: When he killed them I felt bad, so many times I would try to capture them in jars and stuff, but they jumped! Scariest moments in life... Even when I caught them though I was too afraid to open the jars to feed them or allow them air because I feared they would get out, so it was a lost cause :(

Luckily where I live now Mr. Cateeto and I haven't come across any of those evil things... Just smaller spiders that don't affect me as much, but when he came home from Tennessee with brown rucruises (spelling?), I flipped the hell out! They were long dead and all that remained were the bodies of them... But still....

Blah.

We have wolf spiders in CA. & they are really big, fast & aggresive!! I'm not afraid of small (harmless) spiders but wolf spiders are so scary - they almost chase you.....Cateeto - thank God the brown recluse was dead - otherwise you'd be - they're extremely venomous & cause severe tissue damage if not treated immediately - we have those in CA. too but mostly in very dry areas. I'd faint if I even saw one! My friend's Mom was bitten by one on the finger & luckily they saved it.

And Hey - Bathgate - I read that article about the taratula too. One of my friends used to have a whole collection of them but he never got one of those - even being an experienced collector, he decided against that one. Good idea.
  • corycory Posts: 736
    Hey everybody! I saw a spider today that had a 9 inch dick. He rear naked choked and then mouth fucked a raccoon. I think his name was Phil. I'll never forget that shit.

I think he was wearing a Reds cap backwards. I didn't get too close. I didn't want to step on his dick.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    cory wrote:
    Hey everybody! I saw a spider today that had a 9 inch dick. He rear naked choked and then mouth fucked a raccoon. I think his name was Phil. I'll never forget that shit.

I think he was wearing a Reds cap backwards. I didn't get too close. I didn't want to step on his dick.

ROFL :D
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.