The biggest fucking spider in the WORLD...

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
was in my house last night :eek:

Got a text from my housemate just when I was dropping off at about 12.30 saying 'huge spider come see'. I replied 'and why would I wanna do THAT?' and he said he needed help :eek:

so I went down the stairs saying 'this better be good' and my other annoying housemate thought he was missing out on something so came out to see... he's an arachnaphobe :D

It was fucking HUGE... I've never seen a spider so big. Eventually he trapped it in a fishtank he had... and added another big spider (what I would USUALLY call huge). Within a few minutes, the big one caught the littler big one and started EATING it. It had big fangs and hairy legs and a face with big eyes that actually follow you and everything. One of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

It was like national geographic in my own living room :)
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

you were all spearing fish with your tits out?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    dunkman wrote:
    you were all spearing fish with your tits out?

Oooo people pay good money to see that sort of thing.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Ehhhh I hate spiders with a passion. But you could have atleast got photo's!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Shazanawoo wrote:
    Ehhhh I hate spiders with a passion. But you could have atleast got photo's!
    I took some with my digital camera but I dunno how to upload them and they weren't coming out great either :o I don't think it's obvious how fucking big that thing WAS :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • We get some biggies around North Queensland...

The Bird Eating Spider:

http://www.bugman123.com/Bugs/Photos/BirdEatingSpider.jpg

They are mostly quit mellow- just some mild local pain if you get bitten. And a small chance of cardiac arrest if you are an arachnaphobic...
    We get some biggies around North Queensland...

The Bird Eating Spider:

http://www.bugman123.com/Bugs/Photos/BirdEatingSpider.jpg

They are mostly quit mellow- just some mild local pain if you get bitten. And a small chance of cardiac arrest if you are an arachnaphobic...
    :eek: that one's BIGGGGGGG... this one was skinnier and more menacing though... and almost as big as my hand.

I'm gonna have to change the thread title now :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • :eek: that one's BIGGGGGGG... this one was skinnier and more menacing though... and almost as big as my hand.

I'm gonna have to change the thread title now :(

No don't... I am sure that yours was more of a bastard than the bird eaters are.

It's all relative isn't it- what we find scary. I have worked with dangerous animals for years, including 600kg crocs, all sorts of snakes, cassowaries etc, and when I was on my road trip through the US and Canada I was scared of dying in the snow.

I kind of like spiders though.
  • Just thinking of spiders I get all paranoid and start feeling things crawling on me
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    No don't... I am sure that yours was more of a bastard than the bird eaters are.

It's all relative isn't it- what we find scary. I have worked with dangerous animals for years, including 600kg crocs, all sorts of snakes, cassowaries etc, and when I was on my road trip through the US and Canada I was scared of dying in the snow.

I kind of like spiders though.

spiders are beautiful creatures. i have one that's spun the most fabulous web on my laundry window. takes up half the bottom pane.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I took some with my digital camera but I dunno how to upload them

:confused: its fucking easy.. put the cable in the camera and then put the other end of the cable into a computer.. and thats it.. plus you have a photobucket album.. bung it on there
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.

• A quick search- I know very little about spiders outside of oz. Toward the bottom of the page- giant house spider. Could it be that one?

http://www.kendall-bioresearch.co.uk/spider.htm
    dunkman wrote:
    :confused: its fucking easy.. put the cable in the camera and then put the other end of the cable into a computer.. and thats it.. plus you have a photobucket album.. bung it on there
    Dunk, I have had 7 or 8 people I know, who KNOW stuff about computers try that and it didn't work so shove it up your arse :p

Well it appears it is an American spider :eek: could i have brought that home with me??? Cos we were all wondering where the fuck it came from and how THAT coulda been in the house without us seeing. It's bigger than a fucking mouse... although I'm not sure cos on the website it says they grow up to 10mm... that's fucking tiny... it was DEFINITELY much bigger than that.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    euuuggghh.. I hate spiders.

I had a moth-type-a-creature in my bedroom last night. :o :eek:

fecking hate those things.

and it's probably still in my room actually. there was no way I could've caught it or anything so I just had to go to sleep with that thing mucking around my lamp. :o
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    A quick search- I know very little about spiders outside of oz. Toward the bottom of the page- giant house spider. Could it be that one?

http://www.kendall-bioresearch.co.uk/spider.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_house_spider

JUST found this... and I'm pretty sure that's what it is :) PHEW... indigenous to NW Europe :) the thought of THAT thing having been in my suitcase was kinda freaking me out... apparently they come out looking for a mate around the end of the summer/early autumn and tend to freak people out then... that would also make sense. It can't hurt us either :)

http://www.zoo.org/factsheets/spiders/giant.html

'When they appear, most people describe them as huge!'

:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • [quote="Heineken Helen

:D[/quote"]

I think that 'Biggest fucking spider in the WORLD' is a far more eloquent explanation that just plain old 'huge'...
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873

So much innuendo, so little time.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_house_spider

JUST found this... and I'm pretty sure that's what it is :) PHEW... indigenous to NW Europe :) the thought of THAT thing having been in my suitcase was kinda freaking me out... apparently they come out looking for a mate around the end of the summer/early autumn and tend to freak people out then... that would also make sense. It can't hurt us either :)

http://www.zoo.org/factsheets/spiders/giant.html

Funny thing is there indigenous to NW Europe and Seattle!

Northwestern U.S., including Seattle area, indigenous to western Europe
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
    I think that 'Biggest fucking spider in the WORLD' is a far more eloquent explanation that just plain old 'huge'...
    well ya know me... I don't like to exaggerate :rolleyes: :D

PJ_Lukin... what do ya mean? :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    You didn't kill it, did you?

I'd keep it as a pet. Well, not exactly as a pet, but I'd keep it and feed it. And give it a cool name like Vincent.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
    Collin wrote:
    You didn't kill it, did you?

I'd keep it as a pet. Well, not exactly as a pet, but I'd keep it and feed it. And give it a cool name like Vincent.
    My housemate already called it 'death' :rolleyes: boys, eh? :D

I texted him saying it's just a giant house spider and said we can probably expect more of them and he replied 'cool so we can keep it and have a proper battle?' :D

That's fine with me... once they're all in that fish tank I'm happy :) He may have gotten it stoned last night though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    My housemate already called it 'death' :rolleyes: boys, eh? :D

I texted him saying it's just a giant house spider and said we can probably expect more of them and he replied 'cool so we can keep it and have a proper battle?' :D

That's fine with me... once they're all in that fish tank I'm happy :) He may have gotten it stoned last night though.

My brother and I used to capture spiders and let them fight, or feed them flies and little spiders.

Oh and battles between big spiders and wasps, you have to make them mad, though.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
    Collin wrote:

My brother and I used to capture spiders and let them fight, or feed them flies and little spiders.

Oh and battles between big spiders and wasps, you have to make them mad, though.

i used to do that with pythons... actually it was 2 worms... and i would draw zig-zags onto their backs in felt-tip
    Up until 1987, the Giant house spider held the record as the fastest spider in the world. The record has since been awarded to a species of African Sun Spiders, which aren't actually spiders at all.

This is pretty weird, if you ask me. The fastest spider in the world is not a spider at all?
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
    Collin wrote:

:eek: we need a wasp! :)

Although, I felt a bit sorry for her (I've decided it's a female... just cos) last night, stuck in that tank... I'd rather they let her go somewhere FAR away from the house... he could get a lead and bring her for a walk perhaps :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Funny thing is there indigenous to NW Europe and Seattle!

Northwestern U.S., including Seattle area, indigenous to western Europe

goddamnit
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    goddamnit
    but they're harmless apparently... they CAN bite but it just leaves a red mark for a while... they kill the hobo spiders which have a MUCH worse bite.

See I know it all now :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Bwalker545Bwalker545 Posts: 162
    "Almost unconsciously he traced with his finger in the dust on the table: 2+2=5" 1984
  • was in my house last night :eek:

Got a text from my housemate just when I was dropping off at about 12.30 saying 'huge spider come see'. I replied 'and why would I wanna do THAT?' and he said he needed help :eek:

so I went down the stairs saying 'this better be good' and my other annoying housemate thought he was missing out on something so came out to see... he's an arachnaphobe :D

It was fucking HUGE... I've never seen a spider so big. Eventually he trapped it in a fishtank he had... and added another big spider (what I would USUALLY call huge). Within a few minutes, the big one caught the littler big one and started EATING it. It had big fangs and hairy legs and a face with big eyes that actually follow you and everything. One of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

Like National geographic?......do you walk around topless like they do in the magazines too?
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
    So I got home last night and he'd collected a few other pretty big spiders from the shed and put it in the tank with it :rolleyes: It's turning into a spider zoo... better than big brother though :D they really do fight eachother, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life