Options

Boston Bruins

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NHL on NBC Sports
    DID YOU KNOW?

..That the famous Boston Bruins logo, the Spoked-B, was introduced during the 1948-49 season as a celebration of Boston Bruins 25th anniversary as an NHL team?

**The letter B was placed in a spoked wheel to represent Boston's nickname in those days, which was The Hub**

602151_550655151621433_1858522156_n.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    NHL on NBC Sports
    DID YOU KNOW?

..That the famous Boston Bruins logo, the Spoked-B, was introduced during the 1948-49 season as a celebration of Boston Bruins 25th anniversary as an NHL team?

**The letter B was placed in a spoked wheel to represent Boston's nickname in those days, which was The Hub**

YES, I knew that the B logo was known as The Hub. I'm from the very old school of Bobby Orr, Espisito, Cashman, Cheevers and Derek Sanderson era. Thanks for posting for those not in the know.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    NHL on NBC Sports
    DID YOU KNOW?

YES, I knew that the B logo was known as The Hub. I'm from the very old school of Bobby Orr, Espisito, Cashman, Cheevers and Derek Sanderson era. Thanks for posting for those not in the know.

Peace

Yeah I never knew of the term " the hub" either.
    interesting original 6 stuff.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    NHL on NBC Sports
    DID YOU KNOW?

Peace

Yeah I never knew of the term " the hub" either.
    interesting original 6 stuff.

Speaking of the original 6 why are the despised Canadians of Montreal sometimes called THE HAVS?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:

Speaking of the original 6 why are the despised Canadians of Montreal sometimes called THE HAVS?

Peace

i'm pretty sure its The Habs
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

:lol:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I knew that but I just like calling them the HAVS NOT! :mrgreen: I just can't stand them.

Anyway, just beat the Devils and they just scored! Yeah

Peace

• Options
    C :clap: A :clap:M :clap: P :clap: B :clap: E :clap:L :clap: L

PEACE

• Options
    Penalty shot yes make it count.

Peace

• Options
    That was a crap call better call the game like this all the way through.

Peace

• Options
    Nice save by Brodeur, but the Bs score on a 2 on 1

Peace

• Options
    Great penalty kills the Bruins are the best in the league.

Peace

• Options
    BRUINS ARE ON FIRE....3-0 all short handed I believe

Peace

• Options
    Finish them off now.

Peace

• Options
    The Bruins biggest problem closing out a game. They have had so many leads ONLY to blow them in the closing minutes of a game. 4-2

Peace

• Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Jumped out to another lead last night but the D looked pretty shaky all night.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    Well at least they got the victory I believe the Islanders are next jump on them earl.

Peace

• Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Hey Bruins fans check out this link to win a free 2010 Boston munk one s/n poster

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=207046
  • Options
    The emotions flowed when they sang the anthem in last night's game. It made me feel as if I was right back in my former home.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMsagY7oRs

Peace

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    g under p wrote:
    The emotions flowed when they sang the anthem in last night's game. It made me feel as if I was right back in my former home.

Peace

Chills!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    g under p wrote:

Peace

The Anthem was fantastic last night. Great job Boston!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Man the BRUINS put it to the LEAFS last night....in fact it was a GREAT BEANTOWN DAY due the Sox and Celtics win. Carry on.....B's

Peace

• Options
    They looked good last night. It was great to be at the game as well. Time to keep it up though.
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,476
    GO LEAFS GO 8-)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Nice to see the Leafs make the playoffs. Will be even nicer to see them exit the playoffs on Friday :corn:
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,476
    Hartydog wrote:
    Nice to see the Leafs make the playoffs. Will be even nicer to see them exit the playoffs on Friday :corn:

I hoping that might be more like another 3 weeks or so before that happens :D

GO LEAFS GO!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Game 7 would be nice ... Don't you think?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Looking more and more like a game 7 is going to happen.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

It's here for sure now, hopefully having a home game 7 will bring the Bs a series win. GO BRUINS.

peace

• Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    g under p wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

It's here for sure now, hopefully having a home game 7 will bring the Bs a series win. GO BRUINS.

peace

Yeah, what g under p says :lol: :wave:

Go Bruins!!!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad