Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    what a game last night. went to back my grandparents around 8:20 after dinner with my family. put the game and watched with my grandpa on his 60inch HDTV and it was like dying and going to heaven. there is no sport that is better in Hd then hockey.

LETS GO OLIERS
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I seen it but I can't believe it! Complete and utter domination of game 6! Huge comeback from being down 3-1, it's just unheard of! The momentum being brought into game 7 by the Oil will downgrade the Hurricanes into a tropical depression! Bring that Cup back to the City of Champions!

(One little plus for the Canes, Eric Cole actually looked not bad all things considered. I'm very pleased he made a full recovery from that dirty ass hit from behind that broke his neck so many months ago)
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Great Game!!!

"WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP!"
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Scoring the first ever penalty shot in the finals? YES
    Scoring the first ever shorthanded OT goal in the finals? YES

Being the first team since 1942 to come back from being down 3-1 to win the Stanley Cup? I think so.

GO OILERS GO!! :D:D

Hilarious!!!!!!! That's funny shit S!
    That game was unbelievable! The energy in that building was enough to take your breath away!!! The Oilers totally dominated that game last night. The Hurricanes didn't stand a chance, they looked tired and worn out to be honest. This along with the fact that they don't travel well (I believe that this series is the first time they have played outside their timezone since December) and the Oilers have the momentum of these last two games will give the Oilers the clear advantage in game seven.
    Wooooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Go Oilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So what's everyone doing for game seven??? You have big plans????
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Hilarious!!!!!!! That's funny shit S!
    That game was unbelievable! The energy in that building was enough to take your breath away!!! The Oilers totally dominated that game last night. The Hurricanes didn't stand a chance, they looked tired and worn out to be honest. This along with the fact that they don't travel well (I believe that this series is the first time they have played outside their timezone since December) and the Oilers have the momentum of these last two games will give the Oilers the clear advantage in game seven.
    Wooooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Go Oilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So what's everyone doing for game seven??? You have big plans????

Thanks, L. :)

These Oilers have all played with a lot of heart and a lot of grit but if any player deserves to have his name on that Cup it is Smyth :)

I am hoping I won't have to work tomorrow night and will be sitting glued to the tube. Are you going to Rexall? That place was on FIRE last night. I hope it was all peaceful.

GO OILERS GO! :D:D

funny, I noticed that the Canes' fans haven't been visiting our thread for a bit. Was it the cleaning up of the thread that did that or the Oilers cleaning up of the Canes? :p

WE WANT THE CUP!!!!
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i don't know what happened to the other canes fans on here. i haven't visited out of respect for your thread... edmonton has played great. still a canes fan, though.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    kdpjam wrote:
    i don't know what happened to the other canes fans on here. i haven't visited out of respect for your thread... edmonton has played great. still a canes fan, though.

Well you wouldn't be much of a fan if you stopped now ;) You still have to believe. I thought it was crappy in Anaheim (or was it San Jose ?)when Edmonton was winning and their fans started leaving half way through the third. The other night when Edmonton lost at home their fans still stood and cheered them on. That is team support and sportsmanship. :)

I was just razzing you guys :p. I am all for celebrating but I like for it to remain respectful. Edmonton has been playing great but it isn't over yet and it is a tough series. Both teams are obviously great or they wouldn't be here. This is what hockey is all about.

GO OILERS GO !! :D
  • Options
    These Oilers have all played with a lot of heart and a lot of grit but if any player deserves to have his name on that Cup it is Smyth :)
    Are you going to Rexall? That place was on FIRE last night. I hope it was all peaceful.
    funny, I noticed that the Canes' fans haven't been visiting our thread for a bit. Was it the cleaning up of the thread that did that or the Oilers cleaning up of the Canes? :p

Ya, Smyth deserves it big time! He has the biggest heart of any player on that team!!! They all deserve it, they've been playing so hard and they really want it and I think that's apparent!!
    I'm not going to Rexall. My friends and I can't decide whether to go out or have a big party at someones house! And you're right, that place was on fire last night. The emotion and energy in there was enough to bring you to tears!
    The Canes fans have their Canes thread and they will lick their wounds there!! ;) Just j/k! They are more than welcome to come here, just not to come here and cut our Oilers down!!! :D

kdpjam wrote:

I don't know where they went either, but I know that we all appreciate that the negative comments have stopped!!

I thought it was crappy in Anaheim (or was it San Jose ?)when Edmonton was winning and their fans started leaving half way through the third. The other night when Edmonton lost at home their fans still stood and cheered them on. That is team support and sportsmanship. :)

That definitely helped send those boys back to Carolina to win game five! After losing game four like that, to leave the ice to the chanting of the fans it's gotta mean something to them!!!!!!! Edmonton Oilers have the best fans out there!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Oilers!!!!! Wooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Good luck tomorrow night guys. It doesn't get any bettter than Game 7 and I'll be there. I just hope my Canes can regroup. Last night was rock bottom thats for sure! Im glad to see Cole survived. He took and gave a few big hits which makes me feel good. Still rusty as hell, but that is to be expected.
    No matter who wins, its been quite a series between two very deserving and very determined teams. I have the utmost respect for Oiler fans too. Haven't heard all the bullshit stereotyping and territorial pissings from them that we have from fans in other markets.
    If you guys lose tomorrow night, I'll like you even more! ;)
    Brian
  • Options
    enjoy the game ncbri :) i'm VERY jealous! stanley cup - game 7...holy shit, it doesn't get much better! great series between two tough teams indeed, though...i have to say GO OILERS!!! :D
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    you guys will never guess.. I went to buy a used mini motorhome today.. AND the guy I bought it off is Chris Pronger's best friend !!!!! he took me in the house and showed me pictures of them growing up together and jerseys' he was given.. and he also gets tickets to all the games.. lucky guy! It was so amazing to sit and listen about how he grew up. I found out that Chris likes his beer and it takes more than a case to fill him up. ;)
    Im still on a big high from last nights win. Ryan Smyth works so hard and deserves the cup, and Pissani, he's sure made a name for himself this whole series. Way to go boys!!! bring the cup to Canada !!!
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    Good luck tomorrow night guys. It doesn't get any bettter than Game 7 and I'll be there. I just hope my Canes can regroup. Last night was rock bottom thats for sure! Im glad to see Cole survived. He took and gave a few big hits which makes me feel good. Still rusty as hell, but that is to be expected.
    No matter who wins, its been quite a series between two very deserving and very determined teams. I have the utmost respect for Oiler fans too. Haven't heard all the bullshit stereotyping and territorial pissings from them that we have from fans in other markets.
    If you guys lose tomorrow night, I'll like you even more! ;)

Lucky you to be there and see the Oilers win the Cup :p Seriously best of luck to you guys tomorrow night. It has been a great series and tomorrow night is going to be a great game. You are right NCBRI, they are both deserving teams but forgive me if I think our boys are bit more deserving ;)

WE WANT THE CUP!! WE WANT THE CUP!!!
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    we skunked em last night!!! we want the cup!!!!

also, that's a pretty cool story earthgirl! Pronger looks like he could sink a case a beer in a half hour and be un-fazed hehehe
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    we skunked em last night!!! we want the cup!!!!

also, that's a pretty cool story earthgirl! Pronger looks like he could sink a case a beer in a half hour and be un-fazed hehehe

that's pretty much what his friend said about his drinking :) by the way he talked about Chris, he sounds like a really great guy, very down to earth.
  • Options
    yield4lifeyield4life Posts: 15
    just wanted to say GO OILERS! it's been a great series, but i was never a fan of the canes...if pronger and company keep shootin top shelf...ward doesn't have a chance!
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh
    5/3/03 State College
    7/12/03 Hershey
    10/1/04 Reading
    9/19/05 Toronto
    coming soon:
    5/20/06 Cleveland
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    What a game, Edmonton was on Fire, the city was amazing. I ended up watching the game at my gf's house and then we went out to this nice Middle Eastern place on Rice Howard Way to celebrate her bday.
    Can't wait for tomorrow. I toyed with the idear of staying in Edmonton for another two days but this god damn "work thing" is in the way.

It's gonna be a gooder tomorrow.
    I have and always will continue to believe.

why not us? why not us? why not us? why not us?

ps. oil
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Game day. Game seven. This is going to be intense.

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

WE WANT THE CUP!! WE WANT THE CUP!!
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    Let's go OIL! If NHL '06 on Xbox is any indication of the result of tonight's game, when I played, Edmonton beat Carolina 3-1. :D
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    Let's go OIL! If NHL '06 on Xbox is any indication of the result of tonight's game, when I played, Edmonton beat Carolina 3-1. :D

he he !!! hey if it works Ill take it !!!! There's no going back now, they are going to win ! They didnt' work thier butts off for nothing, they want that cup so bad they can taste it. That's one thing about the Oilers, when they want something bad, they fight for it and get it.
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    Let's go OILERS!!! Tonight's the night!

WE WANT THE CUP!
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    "we Want The Cup! We Want The Cup!"
  • Options
    Well, I'm leaving in about half an hour to go get my friend from the airport. She's flying in from our hometown in Saskatchewan to come watch the game and celebrate here!! Then we're picking up my other friend, doing a little shopping and then heading over to Schanks (huge sportsbar here). Planning to be at Schanks by about 230pm, some people I know went the other day and there was one table left at 4pm. We need a table for like 12 people, so we definitely have to be there early. We'll just kill time until the rest get there bowling and playing minigolf!!! Oh, and drinking beer!! ;) It's a fun place!!!!
    Anyway, I hope you all have fantastic and safe celebrations tonight!!! Have a blast...it's a one game series now! Momentum and all that is on the Oilers side at this point, but anything can happen!!!! Regardless of the outcome, I'm so proud of the Oilers for coming so far and fighting so hard!! Also, I just want to say that I have had such a blast sharing these playoffs with all of you who frequent this thread!!! It's been so much fun and I've made some new and terrific friends through it!!!!!!!!!!
    GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    It's kind of weird rooting for the Oilers as an underdog sort of team from a small market when they were basically the Dallas Cowboys of hockey back in the 80's.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    Lets go Oilers
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Options
    I just decorated my car up with Oilers signs and put more flags on it.. I've been cruising around all day honking my horn !!!!

GO OILERS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Anyway, I hope you all have fantastic and safe celebrations tonight!!! Have a blast...it's a one game series now! Momentum and all that is on the Oilers side at this point, but anything can happen!!!! Regardless of the outcome, I'm so proud of the Oilers for coming so far and fighting so hard!! Also, I just want to say that I have had such a blast sharing these playoffs with all of you who frequent this thread!!! It's been so much fun and I've made some new and terrific friends through it!!!!!!!!!!
    GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Well said and very true. With or without the Cup the Oilers are still major winners here. Of course, having the Cup couldn't hurt ;)

GO OILERS GO!! :D:D:D:D
    GO OILERS GO!! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    oh, i'm getting ancy!!! just a couple more hours to go before game 7! stanley cup game 7 no less!

GO OILERS! :D
  • Options
    darthdarth Houston, TX Posts: 139
    I live in Houston but I've been to Edmonton twice and have very good friends that live there so I'm rooting for em tonight! Go Oilers!
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    go oilers.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,147
    Let's Go Oil.....let's Go Oil.....let's Go Oil!!!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10