Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    I am debating. Go out and do yard work or watch the game??? Really, the yard work will still be there. ok well I checked the game is on at two here. So I could get some yard work done and come back in to watch the game. hmm, my life is just filled with constant struggle :rolleyes:

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    I am debating. Go out and do yard work or watch the game??? Really, the yard work will still be there. ok well I checked the game is on at two here. So I could get some yard work done and come back in to watch the game. hmm, my life is just filled with constant struggle :rolleyes:

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!!

I'm meeting up with some friends at a sports bar here...they are all opening early today to show the game at 11!!! It feels a little wrong to be going to a bar at 10 in the morning, but only a little bit wrong and I'll get over it!!!! :D

Go Oilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I'm meeting up with some friends at a sports bar here...they are all opening early today to show the game at 11!!! It feels a little wrong to be going to a bar at 10 in the morning, but only a little bit wrong and I'll get over it!!!! :D

Go Oilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For sure you will get over it!! Sounds like a blast!!! Enjoy!! :)
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Well shaweet hugiddy boo The Oil over the Wings 4-2. Shots were something like 35-21 for Detroit, Rollie played like a diamond looks. We walked out of Detroit with a split but we could have walked out with two.

Its looking good, Detroit is coming back to E-Town...the cinderella city. Me and a couple friends are in the midst of constructing a stanley cup replica (card board, aluminum foil and guts) were then going to drive around waving the Oil flag and hoisting the cup above our heads while yelling outrageous ..horrible things.

GOoILGO!!!!
    GOOILERSGO
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Well shaweet hugiddy boo The Oil over the Wings 4-2. Shots were something like 35-21 for Detroit, Rollie played like a diamond looks. We walked out of Detroit with a split but we could have walked out with two.

Its looking good, Detroit is coming back to E-Town...the cinderella city. Me and a couple friends are in the midst of constructing a stanley cup replica (card board, aluminum foil and guts) were then going to drive around with Oil flag, waving the cup above our heads while yelling outrageous ..horrible things.

GOoILGO!!!!

Wasn't that a great game?!!! :D Nice to take it back to Edmonton tied. That second period was great. I was pretty nervous at the end that Detroit might tie it up but the guys managed to hang on. :D
  • Options
    have fun cree nations! congrats on taking one (and almost two) in detroit! :)
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    that was an exciting game thisafternoon.

I liked the goalie- in the final moments of the game, swatting the puck of his goalie- blade all the way out to centerice.
    that took guts. LOL

at least these teams out west are competitive, more then i can say for my blueshirts.

congrats Oil fans .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Yay we won. :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Such a great game today! People were going nuts in the bar I was at to watch the game!! It was packed in there and so much excitement in the air!!!!!! Can't wait to have to Oil back here in Edmonton!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    FLames Vs Oilers

hi cree. :)
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    Like it was said during the broadcasts a million times - all of the Wings shots came from the periphery. They had maybe five good scoring chances all night.....and Rolli is playing HOT. The last two playoffs, a hot, relatively unknown goalie (Kiprusoff and Giguere) took teams to the finals...and yeah, that bat-it-out-of-the-air clearing shot at the end of the game was deadly.

We got our split! Watch out Wings!

Did anyone nearly lose their minds like me when they switched to the Flames game in OT of game 1? I've never been so close to throwing my tv out the window...I was standing two feet from my tv screaming at it....home all alone :D:D I was looking up CBC's phone number when the Oil came back on....all the sports bars say it was near a riot atmosphere when it happened.....:D:D:D Plus where was the penalty clock? annoying.

Yah, what was up with changing the channels? Especially at such a crucial time, weird.
    so happy with the second game, even the first game.. Rolly is hot!
  • Options
    TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    What's this?
    The high flying Edmonton Oilers of old are no more.
    Trap,trap,trap,boring hockey is back in town.
    Oh well when you don't have any talent....
    Wings will prevail.
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • Options
    Like it was said during the broadcasts a million times - all of the Wings shots came from the periphery. They had maybe five good scoring chances all night.....and Rolli is playing HOT. The last two playoffs, a hot, relatively unknown goalie (Kiprusoff and Giguere) took teams to the finals...and yeah, that bat-it-out-of-the-air clearing shot at the end of the game was deadly.

Did anyone nearly lose their minds like me when they switched to the Flames game in OT of game 1? I've never been so close to throwing my tv out the window...I was standing two feet from my tv screaming at it....home all alone :D:D I was looking up CBC's phone number when the Oil came back on....all the sports bars say it was near a riot atmosphere when it happened.....:D:D:D Plus where was the penalty clock? annoying.

i was flipping around trying to see if one of the other cbc stations was still carrying the game!!! at first i thought it was a brief mistake, then it seemed like they were switching games for real...i was wondering what the hell they were thinking - you don't leave an ot game like that...fortunately it came back on...
  • Options

HEY K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes it was sweet. When CBC switched to the flames I started yelling at the TV ...basically I lost it. I had thought it was my buddies satellite feed cause he goes through bell...he took it personal too but we smoothed it out. The penalty clock, where the fuck was it? Yes Rollie's puck clearing was outstanding.
    What's this?
    The high flying Edmonton Oilers of old are no more.
    Trap,trap,trap,boring hockey is back in town.
    Oh well when you don't have any talent....
    Wings will prevail.

I guess Peca, Pronger, Smyth, Samsanov, Hemsky (to name a few) all suck then? Boring hockey? Did you watch the same game? That game was bloody exciting. I think Detroit fans are starting to get scared.
    Rightfully so. Good luck to both teams.....especially the OILERS CAUSE THEY FUCKING RRRROOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

ps Hey Rarghster :D Flames vs. Oil would be outfuckingstanding (Oil in 7 if that happens)
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    My head nearly exploded when the switch happened. I was watching and then poof. At first I thought "what the fuck, why did they switch goalies.." then "Wait, this is the fucking flames game!"

GAH!

hehe.
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    HERE WE GO OILERS...HERE WE GO
    *clap clap*
    *clap clap*

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    GO OILERS!!! Do not give up the lead again!!!
  • Options
    *clap clap*
    *clap clap*

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

The Oilers game is not on TV here !!! can someone please update me on the score if they can?? thanks ahead of time.
  • Options
    3-1, end of 2nd!
  • Options
    3-1, end of 2nd!

is that for the Oilers? I'm assuming from the thumbs up it is.. and if that's the case.. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

keep me updated if you can Mook.. thanks again.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    is that for the Oilers? I'm assuming from the thumbs up it is.. and if that's the case.. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

keep me updated if you can Mook.. thanks again.

i'm an idiot! sorry...i meant to say for the oilers...then again it should be a given, eh? :D
  • Options
    The Oils are such an exciting team to watch, I've always thought so!!

I'm a hardcore Devils fan, but the Oilers are a great team to watch, especially in the playoffs......Jason Smith is a beauty!! Probably one of the best captains in the league, IMO.

I knew the Wings would be in tough playing in Edmonton's barn, that place is electric tonight!!

Can't wait for the 3rd :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    Mook. did you just see Chara's interview with Elliot Friedman??

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    Mook. did you just see Chara's interview with Elliot Friedman??

missed it, what happened? something about lecalvalier?
  • Options
    still 3-1...5 mins down in the third...
  • Options
    The Oils are such an exciting team to watch, I've always thought so!!

I'm a hardcore Devils fan, but the Oilers are a great team to watch, especially in the playoffs......Jason Smith is a beauty!! Probably one of the best captains in the league, IMO.

I knew the Wings would be in tough playing in Edmonton's barn, that place is electric tonight!!

Can't wait for the 3rd :)

Ryan Smyth is my ultimate favourite player :) he makes me smile.. plays with such heart and always looks like he's having such a good time out there.. and like he's the kid down the block or the guy at the pub..
    Going to games at Rexall Place is the cat's ass.. never been to a better game ever.. Us Oiler fans can cheer loud and proud.. even if we're losing everyone pretty much stays til the end. Im proud of that.
    Detroit is doing down to china town.
  • Options
    still 3-1...little more than half way through the third...
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    Ryan Smyth is my ultimate favourite player :) he makes me smile.. plays with such heart and always looks like he's having such a good time out there.. and like he's the kid down the block or the guy at the pub..
    Going to games at Rexall Place is the cat's ass.. never been to a better game ever.. Us Oiler fans can cheer loud and proud.. even if we're losing everyone pretty much stays til the end. Im proud of that.
    Detroit is doing down to china town.

Yepp!!

Ryan Smyth is awesome too, but I think my favourite Oiler would have to be Jason Smith...personally :)

.NJD.
  • Options
    missed it, what happened? something about lecalvalier?

Friedman mentioned the fight and he said "well, I don't like to talk about it too much, but you know it's the playoffs and things happen and it just shows how much we want it...." something along those lines.

I really liked it!!

And just gained alot of respect for him, I hated Chara before I saw that interview, he was just one of those really polite guys who seemed really good to talk with, he had nice things to say about Redden too.

I hate the Senators with a passion , but it was kinda cool. :)

.NJD.