Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    I am bias of course but I see Edmonton as a Dark Horse. We have the best record of any team against Detroit during the regualr season this year. It is rather funny how a lot of Detroit fans think that they are going to roll over Edmonton. The Wings have finished high in the standings before (1st and 3rd I think) and they were knocked out each time.
    Yzerman said a couple weeks back that he hoped that they didnt have to face Edmonton in the first round.
    Im going to drink lots of beer, eat lots of chips, and be glued to the TV this Friday.

ps I hope Bertuzzi is traded to Toronto, that would be fitting.

GOOILERSGO

Bertuzzi needs to go, it's a 3 ring circus in Vancouver right now..and he's the ring leader. He would suit Toronto wouldnt' he.
    of course Im hoping for the Oiler's ! still a bit nervous about Detroit.. but the one thing good is that Edmonton does well under pressure.
  • Options
    I am bias of course but I see Edmonton as a Dark Horse. We have the best record of any team against Detroit during the regualr season this year. It is rather funny how a lot of Detroit fans think that they are going to roll over Edmonton. The Wings have finished high in the standings before (1st and 3rd I think) and they were knocked out each time.
    Yzerman said a couple weeks back that he hoped that they didnt have to face Edmonton in the first round.
    Im going to drink lots of beer, eat lots of chips, and be glued to the TV this Friday.

ps I hope Bertuzzi is traded to Toronto, that would be fitting.

GOOILERSGO

edmonton always thwarts detroit's playoff plans. i'm with you on the oilers pulling off "the upset" in this one.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    they need to take fuhr off the bench and stick him in the net. and get semenko to protect 99 a little better. :D
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    they need to take fuhr off the bench and stick him in the net. and get semenko to protect 99 a little better. :D

amen brother....AMEN!
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    The Oilers are awesomer than awesome. If there was a magical land called awesome I think it would be peopled by the Oilers and Ryan Smyth would be the mayor and the Canucks would be the janitorial staff.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    The Oilers are awesomer than awesome. If there was a magical land called awesome I think it would be peopled by the Oilers and Ryan Smyth would be the mayor and the Canucks would be the janitorial staff.

LOVE this!!!! That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time!!! I'm super pumped! I'm going to game four and it's gonna ROCK!!!!!!!!! Go Oilers!!!!! :D
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    LOVE this!!!! That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time!!! I'm super pumped! I'm going to game four and it's gonna ROCK!!!!!!!!! Go Oilers!!!!! :D

Lucky you!!! a play off game. I am jealous. That's right I am jealous and not afraid to say it. It is a good kind of jealous though.. more of I wish I was there kind of jealous as opposed to the keying your car kind of jealous ;)
  • Options
    Lucky you!!! a play off game. I am jealous. That's right I am jealous and not afraid to say it. It is a good kind of jealous though.. more of I wish I was there kind of jealous as opposed to the keying your car kind of jealous ;)

I'm pretty excited! I've been to lots of regular season games, but never a playoff game. It's going to be wild in Rexall Place!!! :D Go Oilers!!!!
  • Options
    DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    All you people coming down on MacTavish...

He should have a statue erected infront of Skyreach or whatever the arena is called now!

For one thing alone. When he yanked out Harvey the Hound's tongue.... :)
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,940
    GO OIL ....take detroit out!!!!! fuck yeah....heres to the oilers.

GO CANUCKS GO! (next year)
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Yeh i really hope they put the wings out. Go Oilers.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    Bertuzzi needs to go, it's a 3 ring circus in Vancouver right now..and he's the ring leader. He would suit Toronto wouldnt' he.
    of course Im hoping for the Oiler's ! still a bit nervous about Detroit.. but the one thing good is that Edmonton does well under pressure.

Srew that, we don't want your Bertuzzi baggage!! Quinn's out, in with the youth Revolution!! Now if someone says Toronto should get Richards, that I could get behind. Edmonton's out first round by the way, but atleast you made it, atleast you made it. sigh.

hmmm, what else, oh ya, GO CALGARY!!!!!!!

haha.
  • Options
    doogdoog Posts: 59
    I hate to say this (not really), but unless MacTavish is able to build a flux capacitor and travel back to 1988, so he can dress Wayne-o, Coffey, Mess, and Fuhr, I don't see the Wings choking in the first round. That's been done enough in the recent past w/the Wings and i just don't see it happening this year.

Besides, this is 2006, not 1988, and Wings fans are ready for some revenge from getting our asses handed to us by the great Edmonton dynasty.

That said, I actually do enjoy watching Edmonton play and am very much looking forward to a pile of Labatt Blues tonight!! It should be a fun series to watch.... Go Wings!!!!!!
  • Options
    Srew that, we don't want your Bertuzzi baggage!! Quinn's out, in with the youth Revolution!! Now if someone says Toronto should get Richards, that I could get behind. Edmonton's out first round by the way, but atleast you made it, atleast you made it. sigh.

haha.

Detroit should be very afraid of Edmonton.. Stevie is. :)
    hahaha I hope you get Bertuzzi now!!! since you're putting down my Oilers and rooting for the flaming toilet seats. :) but.. if Edmonton does go out.. I will be rooting for the other Alberta team... as always.
  • Options
    Banana-RamaBanana-Rama Posts: 108
    Edmonton is my favorite team in the west but my fav team in the league is Carolina. I seriously hope that the Oilers drill the Red Wings (my 3rd most hated team after Altanta and New Jersey, then the Wings are followed by the Ducks and Buffalo).
    "If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend" - STP

"Frugality without creativity is deprivation." - Amy Dacyczyn

Proud Supporter of the CAROLINA HURRICANES. GO CANES GO!!!
  • Options
    Into OT we go!!! :D I just got home from work so I missed regulation time, hope I see something good here!!!
  • Options

haha.

Kindly take that Go Calgary crap to another thread!!!! This is the Edmonton Oilers thread!! ;)

Seriously though, something needs to be done about the refs. That was a disappointing loss for Edmonton tonight, but it didn't need to be if the ref would have just taken his head out of his ass!!!

Hopefully Sunday has a better result!!! I'm heading out to Schanks bright and early for the game!! Go Oilers!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    What a game....what a game. Edmonton showed heart, talent, guts and grit. Sure the ref's were jackasses but whatcha gonna do? Detroit is scared, they know were serious. Oil in 5
    I like the flux capacitor idea. If that was possible I would bring back Cement Head so he could crush Maltby and then maybe pooh on Draper.
    GO OIL GO
    GOOILERSGO
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Sure the ref's were jackasses but whatcha gonna do? Detroit is scared, they know were serious.

I totally agree, I just needed to vent a little about the refs. And I think that game wasn't the cake-walk that Detroit was expecting.....they know that the Oilers mean business now. :D GO OILERS!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I totally agree, I just needed to vent a little about the refs. And I think that game wasn't the cake-walk that Detroit was expecting.....they know that the Oilers mean business now. :D GO OILERS!!!!!!!!!

After work today I had about 40 minutes before the game to drive around The John and look for some sort of Oil Flag that we could fly proud off of our truck or something.

All I found was Canuck merchandise.....although I was dissapointed ...most of me was happy.

I will find a way to fly the flag of the Oil. Some friends from work said that it's possible that we may get our house/vehicle keyed and/or pelted with projectiles.

I know my friends in Edmonton are shaking it.
    Hola amigos
    >>>>Etwnman----DTWOD
    >
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    After work today I had about 40 minutes before the game to drive around The John and look for some sort of Oil Flag that we could fly proud off of our truck or something.

All I found was Canuck merchandise.....although I was dissapointed ...most of me was happy.

I will find a way to fly the flag of the Oil. Some friends from work said that it's possible that we may get our house/vehicle keyed and/or pelted with projectiles.

I know my friends in Edmonton are shaking it.
    Hola amigos
    >>>>Etwnman----DTWOD
    >

I saw a car here today with four window flags.....it was crazy!
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I saw a car here today with four window flags.....it was crazy!

I think I will print the Oils logo off of their web site from work. I think its ok if we plaster the truck in letterhead copies of GO OIL GO.

I also think it's appropriate to paint my face in orange and blue while drinking beers and eating steak and eggs Sunday morning.

Shaaaweeet Hugiddy Boo!!!! (copyright)
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    I think I will print the Oils logo off of their web site from work. I think its ok if we plaster the truck in letterhead copies of GO OIL GO.

I also think it's appropriate to paint my face in orange and blue while drinking beers and eating steak and eggs Sunday morning.

Shaaaweeet Huggidy Boo!!!!

DO IT!!!!!! Your truck will rock!! :) I'm pumped for the game Sunday and even more pumped for game four.....as I'm going to be in Rexall Place cheering on our Oilers!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    GOOILERSGO
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    doogdoog Posts: 59
    What a game....what a game. Edmonton showed heart, talent, guts and grit. Sure the ref's were jackasses but whatcha gonna do? Detroit is scared, they know were serious. Oil in 5
    I like the flux capacitor idea. If that was possible I would bring back Cement Head so he could crush Maltby and then maybe pooh on Draper.
    GO OIL GO
    GOOILERSGO

You can have Cement Head as long as we can bring back Probert. (and by Probert, i mean the "coke-induced" Probie!)

I was real interested in how the refs would call these games-though you have to admit that there were bad calls (or no-calls) both ways... like the phantom "interference" call on Stevie, or "Louganis" Spacek...you guys know what i'm talking about....

It's looking like it should be a good series; as are some of the others- Anaheim/Calgary, San Jose/Nashville, etc.... What a great time of year it is!

By the way, did anyone see Don Cherry's suit last night? Hilarious.......
  • Options
    doog wrote:
    You can have Cement Head as long as we can bring back Probert. (and by Probert, i mean the "coke-induced" Probie!)

I was real interested in how the refs would call these games-though you have to admit that there were bad calls (or no-calls) both ways... like the phantom "interference" call on Stevie, or "Louganis" Spacek...you guys know what i'm talking about....

It's looking like it should be a good series; as are some of the others- Anaheim/Calgary, San Jose/Nashville, etc.... What a great time of year it is!

By the way, did anyone see Don Cherry's suit last night? Hilarious.......

That suit appeared to me to be a black velvet suit with large red roses.
    Quite honestly we couldnt quite believe what we were seeing. Was it a mirage? or was it just Cherry's shaweet sense of style?
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    That suit appeared to me to be a black velvet suit with large red roses.
    Quite honestly we couldnt quite believe what we were seeing. Was it a mirage? or was it just Cherry's shaweet sense of style?

his late wife's name was Rose.. he wore it in her honor last night... just like the pink suit before.. for cancer.

how about the lame ass goal that cost us a game we worked hard at.. Detroit and edmonton are a good match.. Detroit, you better watch out.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    his late wife's name was Rose.. he wore it in her honor last night... just like the pink suit before.. for cancer.

how about the lame ass goal that cost us a game we worked hard at.. Detroit and edmonton are a good match.. Detroit, you better watch out.

Well wasnt that sweet of ole Don, his stock just rose in my books.
    The Oil really need to work on keeping the puck out of their end and Rollie WILL continue to stand on his head and keep his team in it. This series is going to be a nailbiter
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    Earthgirl wrote:

What were the shots in game 1 again?
    Oh yeah: DET-57, EDM-25

Roloson won't last.By lame ass goal I'm hoping you mean it should have been stopped.
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • Options
    T minus seven hourz till those wInnGs go down.
    goilgo
    oilrrock!
    >>>>
    >