>>Australian Football League Thread<<

Comments

• Ohhhhh we're from Tiger land
    A fighting fury we're from Tiger land....

sounds much better than

We're the pride of South Australia
    We're the mighty Adelaide Crows

hehe :)
    Wave came crashing...
  • All-Aussie team should of been this

Backs : C. Newman D. Gaspar A. Kellaway
    H-Backs: J. Bowden R. Hall M.Chaffey
    Mid: B. Deledio K. Johnson N. Brown
    H-forwards: B. Hartigan M. Richo
    Forwards: A. Karkouer T. Simmonds K. Pettifer

Ruck: Knobel, S. Tuck M.Coughlan

Interchange: G. Tivendale G. Stafford R. Tambling A. Raines
    Wave came crashing...
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    Ohhhhh we're from Tiger land
    A fighting fury we're from Tiger land....

but i dont wanna be from tigerland! :D :eek: :p
    wah
    All-Aussie team should of been this

Backs : C. Newman D. Gaspar A. Kellaway
    H-Backs: J. Bowden R. Hall M.Chaffey
    Mid: B. Deledio K. Johnson N. Brown
    H-forwards: B. Hartigan M. Richo
    Forwards: A. Karkouer T. Simmonds K. Pettifer

Ruck: Knobel, S. Tuck M.Coughlan

Interchange: G. Tivendale G. Stafford R. Tambling A. Raines

:rolleyes:
    wah
  • offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    awww, the season is quickly approaching! The Saints vs. West coast at Subi in week 1...how great is this year gonna be?
    Nick Dal Santo for Brownlow!!!
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • awww, the season is quickly approaching! The Saints vs. West coast at Subi in week 1...how great is this year gonna be?

I have noticed that Nicky Dal is your favourite offhegoes. Do you play the AFL Dreamteam from the AFL website???
    Wave came crashing...
  • GEELONG: 0.1.1, 0.5.3, 2.6.4, 3.10.5 (92)
    ADELAIDE: 0.4.5, 0.5.10, 1.8.14, 1.10.15 (84)
    NINE-POINT GOALS - Geelong: Hunt, Ablett, Corey
    Adelaide: Vince
    GOALS – Geelong: Mooney 3, Champan 2, G.Ablett, Kelly, Rooke, Playfair, Byrnes
    Adelaide: Bode 3, Perrie 2, Hentschel, Burton, Knights, Vince, Goodwin
    BEST – Geelong: Enright, Bartel, Chapman Kelly, Mooney, Corey, Scarlett
    Adelaide: Goodwin, Thompson, Burton, Massie, Knights, McLeod
    INJURIES – Geelong: Ling (jarred knee)
    UMPIRES: Ellis, Ryan, Woodcock, McInerney
    CROWD: 30,707 at AAMI Stadium

how about those Cats Stella???
    Wave came crashing...
    awww, the season is quickly approaching! The Saints vs. West coast at Subi in week 1...how great is this year gonna be?

i like dal santo :D
    wah
    how about those Cats Stella???

well mr given to fly, they broke my heart :o

great game! :D

i like the pre-season rules
    wah
    wow, adelaide crows tipped to be 2006 premiers

thoughts? :)
    wah
    I have noticed that Nicky Dal is your favourite offhegoes. Do you play the AFL Dreamteam from the AFL website???

Nah, I don't think I'd be very successful. Besides all the Saints, I only know about 5 or 6 guys from the other 15 teams. I think you'd need a more well rounded knowledge of the players to be a success at that dreamteam stuff.

But yeah, I think Nick Dal is a legend. As a yank who's just starting to play the game (at 23) I find it amazing how smooth he is. I strive to play like that guy. Or Riewaldt, or Ball, or hell, even Robert Harvey...

I'm just very frustrated that it took me so long to find the greatest sport in the world. It blows American football, baseball, basketball out of the water!
    If you guys want to see how the game is played here in the states, check out http://www.denverbulldogs.com
    5 time premiers! I've only been there for 1 though...
    If you guys want to see how the game is played here in the states, check out http://www.denverbulldogs.com
    5 time premiers! I've only been there for 1 though...

OMG us footy *giddy* :D :eek:

i had no idea! is this a nation-wide thing??
    wah
  • wow, adelaide crows tipped to be 2006 premiers

thoughts? :)

I agree Stella.
    I think Adelaide deserve to be favourites after the great year they had last year. Neil Craig must be a great coach cos remember at the start of last season the crows were tipped to finish down the bottom.
    Wave came crashing...
  • Nah, I don't think I'd be very successful. Besides all the Saints, I only know about 5 or 6 guys from the other 15 teams. I think you'd need a more well rounded knowledge of the players to be a success at that dreamteam stuff.

But yeah, I think Nick Dal is a legend. As a yank who's just starting to play the game (at 23) I find it amazing how smooth he is. I strive to play like that guy. Or Riewaldt, or Ball, or hell, even Robert Harvey...

I'm just very frustrated that it took me so long to find the greatest sport in the world. It blows American football, baseball, basketball out of the water!

Old Robbie Harvey just keeps on troopin'. Doesn't have a real powerful stab pass like Dal Santo but he rarely misses a target by foot or by hand. Rarely misses goals as well.
    Wave came crashing...
    I agree Stella.
    I think Adelaide deserve to be favourites after the great year they had last year. Neil Craig must be a great coach cos remember at the start of last season the crows were tipped to finish down the bottom.

YES they were! i was teased all the time last year, 'crows are gonna get the wooden spoon, they have noone to kick goals'

end up with the best defense for the year and minor premiers :D

there's still something niggly about adeladie's forward line

one game you see a few blokes bag a few goals each, other games its a REAL struggle to get a forward kicking some goals and its left to roo and edwards, mcleod... ahhh im rambling

cant wait for the season to start :)
    wah
  • YES they were! i was teased all the time last year, 'crows are gonna get the wooden spoon, they have noone to kick goals'

end up with the best defense for the year and minor premiers :D

there's still something niggly about adeladie's forward line

one game you see a few blokes bag a few goals each, other games its a REAL struggle to get a forward kicking some goals and its left to roo and edwards, mcleod... ahhh im rambling

cant wait for the season to start :)

I might ramble about Richmond for a while:

Brett Deledio will be better than Chris Judd, mark my words on that, Brett Deledio will be better than Chris Judd. Richmond already have the greatest player ever in their team and we all know who that is. One things for sure though, is this...opposition sides are gonna have to get their bests taggers onto Dildo Deledio cos he is gonna chop up sides like there's no tomorrow. Last time when I saw Pearl Jam in Perth Matthew Pavlich and Trent Croad were there. They thought they were hot shit but they didn't know any of the words to any songs except daughter and better man...pffft...tryhards. How pathetic a footballer is brent staker. He has to be the worst player in the history of the game and the game has got a long history! I just wanna finish up with this statement:

The Richmond Football Club is the club to be.
    Wave came crashing...
    i'll take your word for 75% of that rhys :eek:

:D

The Richmond Football Club is the club to be.

:rolleyes:
    wah
    OMG us footy *giddy* :D :eek:

i had no idea! is this a nation-wide thing??

Yeah, it's Nationwide. Nationals is a huge competition. There are 3 Divisions, each comprised of 2 pools...and obviously the winner of the pools play each other in the Grand final. It's very exciting stuff. 2 years ago Kevin Sheedy came over and was the keynote speaker, and this year Andrew Bogut came by and watched some games.
    Check out http://www.usfooty.com if you want to learn more. It's really quite cool. But no team compares to my doggies... (I just wish we were the Denver Saints so we could wear St Kilda guernseys)
    Yeah, it's Nationwide. Nationals is a huge competition. There are 3 Divisions, each comprised of 2 pools...and obviously the winner of the pools play each other in the Grand final. It's very exciting stuff. 2 years ago Kevin Sheedy came over and was the keynote speaker, and this year Andrew Bogut came by and watched some games.
    Check out http://www.usfooty.com if you want to learn more. It's really quite cool. But no team compares to my doggies... (I just wish we were the Denver Saints so we could wear St Kilda guernseys)

DAYUM how cool is this! :D i gotta tell some of my yankee friends to watch out for games! :D

thank for the link i'll check it out at home! :)
    wah
  • Finals on Kellaway's agenda
    2:11:53 PM Tue 21 March, 2006
    Matt Burgan
    Exclusive to afl.com.au

Richmond defender Andrew Kellaway says finals are "definitely part of the agenda" at Tigerland this year, with the 2000 Jack Dyer Medallist believing that September is a realistic goal for the yellow and black.

Kellaway believes Richmond's rise up the ladder in 2006 will be based upon a "five or 10 per cent improvement from everyone across the board".

***imagine a 10% improvement in Richo's game. He would be like a Great White Shark playing against a pack of sardines
    Wave came crashing...
    Kellaway believes Richmond's rise up the ladder in 2006 will be based upon a "five or 10 per cent improvement from everyone across the board".

doesnt every1 say that pre-season :D

bet richo does have a fantastic 06 season
    wah
    Los Angeles Crows, yeh! :D

portland power lmfao :o
    wah
  • doesnt every1 say that pre-season :D

bet richo does have a fantastic 06 season

I bet Richo kicks 60 goals and 82 behinds along with 31 out on the full's
    Wave came crashing...
  • Los Angeles Crows, yeh! :D