>>Australian Football League Thread<<

UpHereInMyTree500UpHereInMyTree500 Posts: 1,772
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
>>Australian Football League Thread<<

So do we have any people in the Pearl Jam Forum who follow the AFL???
Wave came crashing...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• U-RU-R Posts: 223
    yeah i don't mind footy. i used to be a pretty good player when i was younger, played juniors for a local team and for my school team. played with some guys who ended up doing allright for themselves, one guy in particular who i believe has done better than most since then... what was his name again?... oh yeah, judd, chris judd.

i bled blue and white when i was a kid (hell, if i wanted to eat i had to!) and am still a cats fan. i play ice hockey now but footy is still my second sport
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • U-R wrote:
    yeah i don't mind footy. i usedd to be a pretty good player when i was younger, played juniors for a local team and for my school team. played with some guys who ended up doing allright for themselves, one guy named chris judd comes to mind.

i bled blue and white when i was a kid (hell, if i wanted to eat i had to!) and am still a cats fan. i play ice hockey now but footy is still my second sport

Oh Chris Judd...yeah he's alright...lol

who do u go for??
    Wave came crashing...
  • pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    Carn the KANGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Livin' in the west is bliss. Every Monday is a whingefest by Dockers fans :)
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • ahhh sorry I didnt see.

The Cats eh?
    I like Jimmy Bartel and Jim Kelly

I'm a Tigers man myself.
    Gotta love Richo
    Wave came crashing...
    ahhh sorry I didnt see.

The Cats eh?
    I like Jimmy Bartel and Jim Kelly

I'm a Tigers man myself.
    Gotta love Richo

bartell, kelly, both ablets, tenace, hunt, johnstone, enright, corey, there's plenty to like.

cj was amazing even when we were young. i remember one year 8 or 9 game in particular. we were playing on a vfa ground (as big as some afl grounds) against tough opposition in steady rain, chris played on the ball that day and kicked 26 goals.

he wasn't just a footy player either, he'd burn anybody at anything and everything, basketball, soccer, cricket, swimming, baseball, track and field, you name it.

hope the afl is happy now that it's given sydney it's premiership on a plate and the cup can now be allowed to return to the state where it belongs too ;)
  • U-R wrote:
    bartell, kelly, both ablets, tenace, hunt, johnstone, enright, corey, there's plenty to like.

cj was amazing even when we were young. i remember one year 8 or 9 game in particular. we were playing on a vfa ground (as big as some afl grounds) against tough opposition in steady rain, chris played on the ball that day and kicked 26 goals.

he wasn't just a footy player either, he'd burn anybody at anything and everything, basketball, soccer, cricket, swimming, baseball, track and field, you name it.

hope the afl is happy now that it's given sydney it's premiership on a plate and the cup can now be allowed to return to the state where it belongs too ;)

Lol...well I'm a West Aussie and I hate all Vic teams apart from the Tigers of course. Must admit though, the Grand Final was an amazing game to watch.
    Wave came crashing...
    i love w.a., lived down near the wineries district breifly a few years ago, one of the most serene picturesque places i've seen. you from perth or what?
    the grandfinal was a joke by the way! the eagles were premiers '05 in my book, sydney don't play footy, i don't know what you'd call it but it ain't footy
  • U-R wrote:
    i love w.a., lived down near the wineries district breifly a few years ago, one of the most serene picturesque places i've seen. you from perth or what?

Yup...I'm from Swanbourne but I'm moving to Mandurah in a couple of months.
    Margaret River is a beautiful region...some great waves!!!!!!!

Yeah I agree Sydney's style is boring and cloggy but I'd rather see them win than West Coast. Geelong played a great game to just lose to Sydney in the second semi! Nick Davis was freaky. I don't rate him that highly but those goals he kicked were bullshit! After that game though everyone thought Davis was up there with the greats of the game which was pathetic.
    Wave came crashing...
  • i follow the german bundesliga ,: premier league ,the french one,ssometimes scotish and belgium ...
    Yup...I'm from Swanbourne but I'm moving to Mandurah in a couple of months.
    Margaret River is a beautiful region...some great waves!!!!!!!

Yeah I agree Sydney's style is boring and cloggy but I'd rather see them win than West Coast. Geelong played a great game to just lose to Sydney in the second semi! Nick Davis was freaky. I don't rate him that highly but those goals he kicked were bullshit! After that game though everyone thought Davis was up there with the greats of the game which was pathetic.

with any other team you'd be surprised, but not geelong, shit like that happens to us all the time, has done for years and years.

and yeah the areas south of perth are great for surfing. and drinking. and playing music. and really very little else. no wonder we love it ;) just keep that vb shite out of the picture, don't need it in vic and i don't see why you feel you need it over there!
    i follow the german bundesliga ,: premier league ,the french one,ssometimes scotish and belgium ...

hehe, the football we're talking about is a different game to soccer and is played nowhere in the world other than australia. soccer is making a big name for itself here however, since we've qualified for the world cup
  • VONVON Posts: 259
    U-R wrote:

Go the mighty cats!! I was devistated with the semi-finals. Aussie footy rules!!
  • VON wrote:
    Go the mighty cats!! I was devistated with the semi-finals. Aussie footy rules!!

Another Cats fan...sheesh...get off the grass! :)
    Wave came crashing...
    Another Cats fan...sheesh...get off the grass! :)

losing 4 grandfinals in 7 years will drive anybody to substance abuse pal
  • U-R wrote:
    losing 4 grandfinals in 7 years will drive anybody to substance abuse pal

Not even playing in a grand final for 24 years has nearly driven me off the edge
    Wave came crashing...
  • bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    im an NRL fan myself, but it was nice to see the swannies win it this year........

tho i live in NSW i wasnt one of the ones to jump on the swans bandwagon when they won (like so many other ppl in and around sydney), cos i didnt really care that much to be honest.......

ive been to an AFL game, swans vs hawks.....and most of the time i was going for the hawks, cos i liked their uniform (shit brown and piss yellow), and how they played the game..........it was a great atmosphere tho, i'll give you AFL fans that....beats the NRL atmosphere handsdown.......
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • bigmuzz wrote:
    im an NRL fan myself, but it was nice to see the swannies win it this year........

tho i live in NSW i wasnt one of the ones to jump on the swans bandwagon when they won (like so many other ppl in and around sydney), cos i didnt really care that much to be honest.......

ive been to an AFL game, swans vs hawks.....and most of the time i was going for the hawks, cos i liked their uniform (shit brown and piss yellow), and how they played the game..........it was a great atmosphere tho, i'll give you AFL fans that....beats the NRL atmosphere handsdown.......

Well bigmuzz...I think you should make the switch over to Aussie Rules because Sydney's fans are the least passionate about the game! If you want atmosphere go to a collingwood v carlton match!
    Wave came crashing...
  • swedeswede Posts: 558
    Cheer Cheer The Red N The White!
  • swede wrote:
    Cheer Cheer The Red N The White!

^^^^ look at swede jumping on the bandwagon! LOL jk
    the bomber's picked up camporale for nothing in the pre-season draft, not a bad coup. going to take a couple of years to get back up there but we should be fine. i don't know if a team will ever be as good as the 2000 bombers.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
    ^^^^ look at swede jumping on the bandwagon! LOL jk
    the bomber's picked up camporale for nothing in the pre-season draft, not a bad coup. going to take a couple of years to get back up there but we should be fine. i don't know if a team will ever be as good as the 2000 bombers.

lol!!!!

i know u were kiddin cause u know i was sticking up for em in the tougher times hahaha GO THE SWANNIES!
  • ^^^^ look at swede jumping on the bandwagon! LOL jk

the 2000 bombers were, as much as i hate them, one of the greatest sides!

Go Tigers!!
    Wave came crashing...
    ill never admit it - hate the friggen bombers haha
  • Yeah, GO THE CATS!!! although geelong as the city itself is a shithole it has managed to produce some top footballers (and im not just talking about how well they play hehe)
    When is Pearl Jam coming to Australia!! im dying to see them!!
  • s.k.es.k.e Posts: 17
    a yeah in tassie corrupted my love for nrl

go richo and the tige's!!!!
  • s.k.e wrote:

'ken oath s.k.e.!!!!!!

The Yellow and Black!

Deledio is the next legend of the game
    Wave came crashing...
    s.k.e wrote:

lol - so u dont love the nrl any more?

cause well this year the nrl was the best ever... THE MIGHTY TIGERS WON!!!

nrl = tigers
    afl = swannies

oh what a good year :)
  • swede wrote:

nrl = tigers
    afl = swannies

u have had a good year swede.....bandwagon jumper hehe j/k mate!

you must of consumed a lot of piss over those two grand final weekends
    Wave came crashing...
    considering i was doing a shite load of uni work - i sure did! couldnt help it!!!!!

ahh i was going insane - not to mention i have this chick at uni who well i have a few arguments with here n there who goes for west coast so it was cool to give her some stick afterwards haha :)

seriously though - nerve racking stuff that grandfinal was!

oh and to top off the year of sport - the aussies made the world cup, i was privileged to be at the game and the a-league started.

ah loving it :)

swannies to repeat in 06 ;) hehe
  • s.k.es.k.e Posts: 17
    swede wrote:

nrl = tigers
    afl = swannies

actually follow the nrl tiges
    was at the 89 grandfinal
    was well worth the wait
    hail hail benji the king