Clean sheets

small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I just love 'em. I know I started a thread about this many moons ago but I just love the feeling. I am puttering around cleaning and I put some clean sheets on my bed. It is a little ritual of mine. I simply cannot get into a clean bed without having had a bath. I came home one night from being out and was quite tipsy/tired and slept on top of my bed so I wouldn't get into the sheets :o .. I have some little quirks but hey they make me ME!!

I think May is going to be MUCH better than stupid old April was :D:D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• western pearlwestern pearl Posts: 632
    I just love 'em. I know I started a thread about this many moons ago but I just love the feeling. I am puttering around cleaning and I put some clean sheets on my bed. It is a little ritual of mine. I simply cannot get into a clean bed without having had a bath. I came home one night from being out and was quite tipsy/tired and slept on top of my bed so I wouldn't get into the sheets :o .. I have some little quirks but hey they make me ME!!

We just switched our flannel sheets to the sheets w/ the low thread count :( Now everytime i move around i hear "swish swish swish" and they're all scratchy. At least they're clean and smell fresh, haha.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • tobbactobbac Posts: 234
    i have to wash my sheets constantly cause i let my daughter play and eat in my room....but then almost every night theyre fresh smelling and warm when i go to bed....
    You ain't-never seen no one like me
    Prevail-regardless what the cost might be
    Power-flows inside of me, you can't bring me
    Never-fall as long as I try
    Refuse-to be a part of your lie
    Even-if it means I die, you can't bring me
    You...can't...bring...me...down!
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    We just switched our flannel sheets to the sheets w/ the low thread count :( Now everytime i move around i hear "swish swish swish" and they're all scratchy. At least they're clean and smell fresh, haha.

See now myself have never been a fan of flannel sheets.. I know most people do but I can't enjoy them. Maybe I just have never had a proper set. I love my crisp ones. I wish mine had been out on the line. Clean and smell fresh, don't you just love them :)
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846

It is a great feeling!!! Now, some cold, clean sheets. There is no equal.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

speaking of which time for some laundry...
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Do any of you have bamboo fiber sheets?

I got some a couple weeks ago. MY GOD they are soft!!!!!

I think they are like a 300+ thread count. Bamboo fiber is actually softer then cotton and apparently "breathes" better...who woulda known?
    I would def. recommend them.

And yeah...that's why I shower at night. I can't go to bed dirty.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mca47 wrote:

I think they are like a 300+ thread count. Bamboo fiber is actually softer then cotton and apparently "breathes" better...who woulda known?

i had never heard of 'em.......gotta get me some..............:)
    speaking of which time for some laundry...

As much as i love the smell of clean clothes/sheets, i absolutely HATE doing the laundry. The whole process of gathering up the clothes trudging downstairs (usually on a saturday or sunday during a baseball game or race i want to watch) and folding/hanging the clothes makes me want burn all my clothes. But then i wouldn't have anything to wear which would be pretty unfortunate.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

• chrisg72chrisg72 Posts: 112
    i have to wash my sheets constantly cause i let my daughter play and eat in my room....but then almost every night theyre fresh smelling and warm when i go to bed....

Funny, I have the same situation. My son unfortunately thinks my bedroom is his playroom, he eats, jumps, drinks and plays with his toys on my bed. I feel bad because his old playroom has become his twin brother and sister's so he has no where else to go. So I am constantly changing my sheets otherwise I feel all little crumbs and I hate that!!
    9.28.96 - 9.29.96 - 9.1.00 - 6.3.06 - 6.24.08 - 6.25.08 - EV 8.7.08 - 10.30.09 - 5.20.10 - 5.21.10 - 9.11.11
  • kinetickinetic Posts: 148
    This is just so funny, because I feel the same way, but never mentally articulated it.

I hate doing laundry, but getting into cool clean sheets (especially if they smell a little bleachy) is sublime and completely delicious.

Yummy. Such a sensuous pleasure.
    When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
  • I got some Pima cotton 400 count sheets the other week for a steal...only $35. They feel like heaven...I just want to stretch out and never leave the bed.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    freshly washed beding kicks frickin ass.
    and they gotta be cold, and cold pillows.
    totaly the way to fly.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    kinetic wrote:
    I hate doing laundry, but getting into cool clean sheets (especially if they smell a little bleachy) is sublime and completely delicious.

Yummy. Such a sensuous pleasure.

Haha, whoa now :)

"She fell funny"

i hate doing laundry as well...but find myself doing it damn near daily....
    i hate doing laundry as well...but find myself doing it damn near daily....

Daily!!! I prolong it as much as possible. Like 2 weeks prolonged.

"She fell funny"

i cant stand mess, dirt....
    i cant stand mess, dirt....

Understandable. My clothes are always overflowing out of the hamper or are strewn across the floor :eek:

"She fell funny"

mca47 wrote:

I want to try those!! And Abook's sound very lovely also. I put a featherbed over my mattress this year.. HEAVEN!! I never want to leave it... if I wasn't alone in it I would probably wouldn't :p
  • Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    It is a great feeling!!! Now, some cold, clean sheets. There is no equal.

Completely agree.

As for flannel sheets, I get too hot and when I'm hot, I can't sleep...

I prefer jersey knit sheets, the kind that feel like a t-shirt...but the man prefers regular old sheets.

I think I may change the sheets this weekend...
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
    featherbed....i knew i forgot something...although having a big ass bed to myself is comfy already....lonely and boring....but comfy i suppose nontheless....
    featherbed....i knew i forgot something...although having a big ass bed to myself is comfy already....lonely and boring....but comfy i suppose nontheless....

The featherbed is the BEST!!! Well as long as it is comfy and clean you are set.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i love flannel sheets, i scored some european ones off of overstock.com - they are divine

these are the best jersey sheets i've come across: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=102743& - they are SUPER soft, mmmmmm

i also love taking a bath before getting into some fresh sheets. i also love sprinkling a little silky underwear dusting powder from lush on the sheets too, another layer of yumminess on my skin :)
    i love flannel sheets, i scored some european ones off of overstock.com - they are divine

these are the best jersey sheets i've come across: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=102743& - they are SUPER soft, mmmmmm

i also love taking a bath before getting into some fresh sheets. i also love sprinkling a little silky underwear dusting powder from lush on the sheets too, another layer of yumminess on my skin :)

I love LUSH stuff.. we don't have one here but when ever I go anywhere there is one I stock up. At Christmas time my aunt brought me like seven bath bombs :D:D just because she knows I love 'em :)
    I love LUSH stuff.. we don't have one here but when ever I go anywhere there is one I stock up. At Christmas time my aunt brought me like seven bath bombs :D:D just because she knows I love 'em :)
    isn't that stuff just the best?! i was so happy when they opened a store in SF....before i had to get everything thru mail order. my favorites besides the dusting powder are the lite lip balm, sexy peel and banana moon soaps, and butterball bomb (though i love tons of other stuff too haha)
    isn't that stuff just the best?! i was so happy when they opened a store in SF....before i had to get everything thru mail order. my favorites besides the dusting powder are the lite lip balm, sexy peel and banana moon soaps, and butterball bomb (though i love tons of other stuff too haha)

The butterball is my fave too!! Funny I gave my friend a bath bomb in care pack after she had her baby :eek:.. yeah I didn't know it has sparkles in it LOL. She was like "They were EVERYWHERE" oops.

Sexy peel?? I must try that. I want to go to Lush now.

Have you gotten that ice cream yet? I almost stopped at DQ tonight but I said no.. damn me getting all sensible since the weekend :)
    wtf....bath bomb? that just sounds weird....
    The butterball is my fave too!! Funny I gave my friend a bath bomb in care pack after she had her baby :eek:.. yeah I didn't know it has sparkles in it LOL. She was like "They were EVERYWHERE" oops.

Sexy peel?? I must try that. I want to go to Lush now.

Have you gotten that ice cream yet? I almost stopped at DQ tonight but I said no.. damn me getting all sensible since the weekend :)
    hahaha yeah a friend of mine got a sparkly bomb once....she said 'bomb' was appropriate. looked like a fairy exploded lol

here's the sexy peel descript http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/2610?expand=Soap it's great for mornings when you feel drowsy, i know when i'm in that mode, i need a soap to straight up bitch-slap me lol

and what ice cream?? maybe i shouldn't ask, lest i get tempted :D
    wtf....bath bomb? that just sounds weird....

Silly boys :p

It is a ball of bath stuff and when you drop it in the water it fizzes and sometimes there are petals and stuff in it. Very lovely. Do men know nothing about a decent bath? :confused::p

Well I suppose I should go enjoy those clean sheets I have gone on so much about :rolleyes: :p
    i know how to run it for my significant other....thats about it....hot showers for me...
    hahaha yeah a friend of mine got a sparkly bomb once....she said 'bomb' was appropriate. looked like a fairy exploded lol

here's the sexy peel descript http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/2610?expand=Soap it's great for mornings when you feel drowsy, i know when i'm in that mode, i need a soap to straight up bitch-slap me lol

and what ice cream?? maybe i shouldn't ask, lest i get tempted :D

Oh pooh your link didn't work and I can't find it on the Canadian site.. well I could go to the American one on my own I guess d'oh :o

so yes it seems I can't access the American site... The Sex Bomb also rocks

OMG that is too funny about your friend..

Was it not you and I who had the discussion over B&J's ice cream?? :confused:.. if not nevermind :o