Options

Rows 1&2 And 9&10 ..

124»

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Hahaha I'm pretty sure it was Hartford...but I was at that Grand Rapids show. It was AWESOME! I scored 2nd row in that fiasco. (not on my number tho. 145xxx)

albany

"shouldnt you guys be out getting laid or something"

Ive been front row twice. And not through the 10c or at a ga show.

And yes it is something special. For all the reasons mentioned above, but especially if you are on mikes side. Totally different show. But is the view any better than in row 4? NO. You are just about 10ft closer.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I've been up front a couple times (not from fan club tickets) and I have to say, it is a different experience! I don't know how to explain it, it's just like, you're closer to the action. you're more involved when you can like see the music being produced or the "performance" so to speak (because there is one, really, which I think you don't notice until you *are* upfront).

That's cool, maybe one does need to experience (which many of you have) in order to fully understand. If not for the new proposed system, I would never have such a chance/opportunity..Wish me luck..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    The Champ wrote:
    Personally, I have yet to understand the fascination with being up front at a Pearl Jam concert. What exactly is there to see? Am I missing something here, is there treasure to be had in the first few rows? I guess I can comprehend the desire for certain girls to be close in hopes to catch a drop of Ed's sweat or a glimpse of Jeff's ever growing bald spot. But other than that, what exactly am I missing from one of the wing sections?

my thoughts exactly.....i've been front row (not pj) and it's cool but i prefer 10 or so rows back so i can hear the music better and see the whole band.....not that i'd turn down front row......just sayin' ;):)
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    That's cool, maybe one does need to experience (which many of you have) in order to fully understand. If not for the new proposed system, I would never have such a chance/opportunity..Wish me luck..

well good luck then. but not *too* good luck, I want to get up there too :).

that all being said, "upfront" to me doesn't mean front row. the closest I got was I think 3rd or 4th row in 98 and then 7th row in 03. 7th row is pretty much just as good as 3rd row, so honestly, no worries to the people who will be moving back from there.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    The Champ wrote:

other people should get the chance to see a show from the front row. it is nothing short of amazing. and yes, there's even a difference from second row to front row. there's nobody in front of you except a security guard and the band....

i am selfish in wanting to protect my seniority. i hurt to go to a pearl jam show. it's been 5 years. i was sooooooooooooo looking forward to another chance to see them from the seats that they TOLD ME i earned, not that i demanded or expected.

now i've got a 2% chance

or, more realistically, there's a 98% chance i won't

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    so what happens to the folks that used to get these seats me being one of them ,what about the fan who has sat 9th or 10th row for the past three tours and doesn't get lucky with 1st or 2nd row this tour where are those people going to end up further back ?? .....how is that fair to them now think about this before you crucify me ,you are used to the 9th or 10th row and now you don't luck out and you end up further back not closer but further back.......i figured this board needs something to spice up this dull tuesday ...:D
    they go to 11 or 12
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    they go to 11 or 12

randomized seaating is great.....i think rows 1-10 would have been better, but i will settle for rows 1,2,9, and 10
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    All may wish to consider that with few 10c tickets available, fewer low number members may have gotten through and gotten tickets... It may be a wash....

that simply means, overall, EVERYone with 10c tix gets a better spot...and that's a GREAT thing! also do consider if the 10% of venue capacity for fanclub tix is in effect - as it more than likely was for the 10c sale - that too means fewer 10c seats, although imo that is a bad thing....b/c more fan clubbers shut out of fanclub seats, period.

however, all that said...it could never be a *wash*....b/c now there is this GOLDEN opportunity for ANY 10c member with 10c tix to a particular show to have a shot at rows 1-2, or 9-10....and that is FANTASTIC! period.

hail, hail the lucky ones!
    :D

sure i'd like to be *lucky*...but even if i am not, i am totally 100% all FOR this, and can't wait to see and feel all the *energy* from this new experience! just KNOWING some VERY lucky fans may be experiencing the first row for the VERY FIRST TIME....i LOVE it!!! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I've been in the 9th row before and I highly doubt being bumped back to 11th would be cause for complaint.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    donny31donny31 Posts: 26
    Soybeans wrote:
    I hate the new system. Some people think it's great because it gives everyone a fair crack at the first two rows, which it does. However, The chances of getting picked are around 2%. That's bullshit. That means means everyone on the floor gets pushed back 4 rows, and 2% of the fans get better than usual seats. It also means I have a 98% chance of having a worst seat then normal. On the floor those few rows matter more than you think.

In all fairness, if you didn't join back in the day, you shouldn't sit up front. Sorry if you weren't around yet...I'm a huge baseball fan, should I have the same chance at a front row seat as a guy who's had season tickets since the 1950's? I wasn't born until the 70's or maybe I just wasn't a fan yet. He's the guy that's been showing up for decades and forking over the ever climbing ticket prices from year after year. Just like me and the other long time members have been touring around the world supporting the guys.

I know they don't want us to bitch about it, but apparentlly all the bitching before got them to change to this system. So now we should just grin and bear it? How is that fair?

LISTEN--I had to chime in- I have been a member since the very beginning. I forgot to send in my CHECK in 94 and now I have a 164xxx instead of 5xxx. Every show I see the same people up front. I have waited and asked the FRONT rowers if they could trade a front row for an 11th row for 1) a wedding anniversery, 2) friend who had not seen PJ and 3)!!!!! a friend DYING of cancer!!!! All in which the fans who I had seen THE NIGHT BEFORE and probably 5 shows before that or all the shows said NO. I offered enough money to them to fund a college fund and still NO. Well, FUCK THEM. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I hope and pray each day that I get the front row and even if I dont, I hope that the folks in the front row and second turn around and MOCK the HELL out of the BORING BITCHING folk in the 3rd row. Selfish --just plain selfish.

( i feel better)
    10C # 164xxx

11/02/91, 8/8/92, 4/7/94, 7/9/95, 9/29/96, 7/11/98, 8/24/00, 8/27/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 9/15/05, 5/12/06, 5/25/06, 6/30/08, 8/10/08 (ed)
  • Options
    j.roj.ro Posts: 111
    so what happens to the folks that used to get these seats me being one of them ,what about the fan who has sat 9th or 10th row for the past three tours and doesn't get lucky with 1st or 2nd row this tour where are those people going to end up further back ?? .....how is that fair to them now think about this before you crucify me ,you are used to the 9th or 10th row and now you don't luck out and you end up further back not closer but further back.......i figured this board needs something to spice up this dull tuesday ...:D

you'll get 11th row.
    Oh half his life, a hand me down, wasted away
    Of he fills it up, with the love, of a girl...
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518

So what about me... I am used to getting in the 1st or 2nd row? Should I be upset? ... I don't think so.

Imagine... I should get 3rd and 4th row now but I could randomly be selected about 9th or 10th row. How screwed would I be!

It is all relative and it will all be okay...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    jfconnorjr wrote:
    So what about me... I am used to getting in the 1st or 2nd row? Should I be upset? ... I don't think so.

Imagine... I should get 3rd and 4th row now but I could randomly be selected about 9th or 10th row. How screwed would I be!

It is all relative and it will all be okay...

actually, it's been stated that that simply will not happen. if you are meant to be in front of row 9, you still will be. how all the math of it shaeks out...fuck if i know :p.....but it's been posted by the powers that be a few times. so no one would get thrown BACK by the random lottery. shall only be set back 2 rows if you're normally 1-2....or set back 4 rows if you're 9-10.

i like you're attitude though! :) absolutely....it's OK. :p MORE than OK really. i am PSYCHED to read stories of people who *luck out* with the new assignments, i think very exciting and FUN! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I just recall the number of times I got crappy tix before joining 10C. Even with a raffle, I'm better off now.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    donny31 wrote:
    LISTEN--I had to chime in- I have been a member since the very beginning. I forgot to send in my CHECK in 94 and now I have a 164xxx instead of 5xxx. Every show I see the same people up front. I have waited and asked the FRONT rowers if they could trade a front row for an 11th row for 1) a wedding anniversery, 2) friend who had not seen PJ and 3)!!!!! a friend DYING of cancer!!!! All in which the fans who I had seen THE NIGHT BEFORE and probably 5 shows before that or all the shows said NO. I offered enough money to them to fund a college fund and still NO. Well, FUCK THEM. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I hope and pray each day that I get the front row and even if I dont, I hope that the folks in the front row and second turn around and MOCK the HELL out of the BORING BITCHING folk in the 3rd row. Selfish --just plain selfish.

( i feel better)

Good post. The new system is awesome. I've got 4 chances to get to the front row. Can't wait to find out. And if I don't get them, I'm still at a Pearl Jam and not at work!
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    this whole random thing is very shady....i went to 8 EV shows. 6 of them on the 10C, which was supposed to be random for every 10C seat.

Santa Cruz = 13th row center
    Berk 1 = 10th row center
    Santa Barb = 10th row left
    LA 1 = 12th row left
    LA 2 = 11th row left
    San Diego1 = 14th row right

does that look random to you?

while i kept noticing the same people "randomly" in front of me the entire night.

and my 10C # is 142xxx which puts me in the 10th-11th row at senority shows. i think this random stuff is BS.
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    Looks good to me... Your worst seat only had 13 people in front of you. Me, I'd consider myself lucky to be in the last row for an Ed solo show. You California folk don't know how envious we are of you
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    Looks good to me... Your worst seat only had 13 people in front of you. Me, I'd consider myself lucky to be in the last row for an Ed solo show. You California folk don't know how envious we are of you

im from rhode island slick

point is not matter how "good" you think the seats were, it wasnt "random"
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    cutback wrote:
    do you have tix to get into the building? good....now sit back and enjoy the music....last i checked, that's what this is all about.....

exactly :D
    be thankful that we get the oppertunity to buy the best seats in the house, whether they are first or 50th row. They are going to be better than the 400's at MSG which might have been your only chance through ticketmaster!

Personally i would prefer GA shows, where i can hang out in the queue all day and end up up the front having a rocking time... that is what my last 5 shows have been :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    UrohawkUrohawk Posts: 77
    Just to respond to everyone about 98% of fans being pushed back...it's not true. The further back you go the less your chance of being moved. If you are in row 20, there is a higher chance the golden ticket winners will be randomly selected from the majority of fans in front of you. If you're in row 5 then unfortunately you're virtually guaranteed to get moved.

It's all statistics people....use your math skills!
    "pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
    the pearl jam coloring book....$200
    multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
    the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
    PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!
  • Options
    UrohawkUrohawk Posts: 77
    I think much of this would have been solved with designating home town shows. This would alleviated the same faces at every show. I have a mediocre number, but I would like to at least have a reasonable seat at a show in Grand Rapids or Detroit rather than have everyone from Chicago bump me back.

Everytime I went to Detroit-Toronto or Detroit-Cinnci I saw a large percentage of the same people in the front.

I know everyone wants to see PJ at MSG, but really New Yorkers should get a shot at the front rows.
    "pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
    the pearl jam coloring book....$200
    multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
    the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
    PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!