Options

Rows 1&2 And 9&10 ..

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    yeah j fuck'em all ....and to the young fuckers that where born in 1994 i don't care if you missed the boat ......

shit i missed noah's ark .........
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    yeah j fuck'em all ....and to the young fuckers that where born in 1994 i don't care if you missed the boat ......

you will be just fine brother, in fact we all will, gotta share the love.
    Save that energy for the week of June 23-30th, you are going to need it because we will be partying HARD.

and hopefully one of us will get a bump UP

PJ is touring the east coast and I am pretty psyched!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Solat13 wrote:
    I just hope when I'm pushed back 4 rows - usually 18th to 20th row the last few tours - that they put me in the wings and not 4 rows further back on the floor.
    yes. the wings are always better if u are not in the first 5 rows of the floor!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    THAT is the kind of spirit to keep!!!! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    Get_Right wrote:
    you will be just fine brother, in fact we all will, gotta share the love.
    Save that energy for the week of June 23-30th, you are going to need it because we will be partying HARD.

and hopefully one of us will get a bump UP

no doubt about it i'm sure we will have a blast again for my# to the shows i scored tickets with i will be just fine ...:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    wrong my # gets me way closer than 9th or 10th the thread was meant for the person that is used to those seats 9th or 10th row me not being one of them go back and read the the thread ..

um, I read the thread.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    shit i missed noah's ark .........

nah i know you didn't you old fart just like me ..
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    wrong my # gets me way closer than 9th or 10th the thread was meant for the person that is used to those seats 9th or 10th row me not being one of them go back and read the the thread ..

AND....I really hate that commonly spewed misconception that the first two rows were the same people at every show.

The people who say that have CLEARLY not been to that many shows nor do they know a lot of people with low #'s (many of whom go to a show or two per tour) or they would know that was a bunch of crap. Oh well.

You started it, Jose!!
  • Options
    nah i know you didn't you old fart just like me ..

but i didnt join in 92 wahhhhhhhhhhh

i wasnt old enough wahhhhhhhhhh

shit ill trade my senority for a younger age right now lol
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    benjs wrote:
    Meanwhile, about the folks who were BORN the same year as Pearl Jam, and thus did not sign up for the Ten Club until years later... how is that fair to them that they generally end up with worse seats than those who were born earlier? Believe me, as an 18 year old, I think us young fans are far more disadvantaged even with this great opportunity than you old fans who get to sit 9th or 10th row generally, and this time may have to sit 12th and 13th. That's my opinion. I can see that it would feel frustrating though... being downgraded in any scenario is no fun.

you could always wait for us oldies to die off. i figure i've got at least another 30 years, hopefully more if stem cell research progresses.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    also, if you get pushed back from row 2 or row 10, pretty much everyone else is getting pushed back from their regular seats too. I mean the people in the middle of seniority have just as much chance of the 4 random rows being filled with people from behind them moving up as they do that it will be filled with all people who are already infront of them. (me being someone with a fairly "middle" number). Everyone's getting pushed back overall...except the people in the way back. the people up front obviously have more of chance of being pushed back, but it's only a couple rows.
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    Soybeans wrote:
    I hate the new system. Some people think it's great because it gives everyone a fair crack at the first two rows, which it does. However, The chances of getting picked are around 2%. That's bullshit. That means means everyone on the floor gets pushed back 4 rows, and 2% of the fans get better than usual seats. It also means I have a 98% chance of having a worst seat then normal. On the floor those few rows matter more than you think.

Interesting point. 98% of people will be moved back a bit, for a small number to win a lottery drawing.

And what we will see is that the people with higher fan club #'s will still complain after this tour, as very, very few of them will be bumped up to the 1st or 2nd row (or 9th or 10th), it will not be a noticable improvement, just push back most of us.
  • Options
    no doubt about it i'm sure we will have a blast again for my# to the shows i scored tickets with i will be just fine ...:D
    and I may have a trick or two up my sleeve for MSG II

Keep the faith and just look forward to having a kick ass time seeing the best band on the planet.
    :)
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    AND....I really hate that commonly spewed misconception that the first two rows were the same people at every show.

The people who say that have CLEARLY not been to that many shows nor do they know a lot of people with low #'s (many of whom go to a show or two per tour) or they would know that was a bunch of crap. Oh well.

You started it, Jose!!

I've gone to 17 shows since 1994 (after this tour, 20). In 2003, I talked to a lot of people in line. I saw many of the same people at shows in on both coasts. there were people who it was their 75th, 100th show, and they got front row for like the 10th night in a row.
  • Options
    Soybeans wrote:
    I hate the new system. Some people think it's great because it gives everyone a fair crack at the first two rows, which it does. However, The chances of getting picked are around 2%. That's bullshit. That means means everyone on the floor gets pushed back 4 rows, and 2% of the fans get better than usual seats. It also means I have a 98% chance of having a worst seat then normal. On the floor those few rows matter more than you think.

In all fairness, if you didn't join back in the day, you shouldn't sit up front. Sorry if you weren't around yet...I'm a huge baseball fan, should I have the same chance at a front row seat as a guy who's had season tickets since the 1950's? I wasn't born until the 70's or maybe I just wasn't a fan yet. He's the guy that's been showing up for decades and forking over the ever climbing ticket prices from year after year. Just like me and the other long time members have been touring around the world supporting the guys.

I know they don't want us to bitch about it, but apparentlly all the bitching before got them to change to this system. So now we should just grin and bear it? How is that fair?

2-4 rows...we're talking what? 4 to 10 feet? oh no.
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    but i didnt join in 92 wahhhhhhhhhhh

i wasnt old enough wahhhhhhhhhh

shit ill trade my senority for a younger age right now lol

exactly you wan't my low # you can have it give me 20yrs back right now i'll take that and your young girlfriend fuckers ......now stay out of the pub you young pricks your not allowed ......
  • Options
    exactly you wan't my low # you can have it give me 20yrs back right now i'll take that and your young girlfriend fuckers ......now stay out of the pub you young pricks your not allowed ......

lol i forgot about the young gf's
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    Soybeans wrote:

In all fairness, if you didn't join back in the day, you shouldn't sit up front. Sorry if you weren't around yet...I'm a huge baseball fan, should I have the same chance at a front row seat as a guy who's had season tickets since the 1950's? I wasn't born until the 70's or maybe I just wasn't a fan yet. He's the guy that's been showing up for decades and forking over the ever climbing ticket prices from year after year. Just like me and the other long time members have been touring around the world supporting the guys.

I know they don't want us to bitch about it, but apparentlly all the bitching before got them to change to this system. So now we should just grin and bear it? How is that fair?

Comparing to season tickets for sports isnt a fair comparison. Giving 10-20 bucks for 10c doenst come close to shelling out thousands for season tickets.

It comes down to the band getting sick of seeing the same people up front multiple shows a tour.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    Soybeans wrote:

First: Be lucky they didnt do away with senority entirely.
    Second: How do you know it was the bitching. EV himself mentioned more than once that he sees a lot of familiar faces in the first few rows. could have been him that made the call.
    Third: Four rows will not make a huge difference, no matter wher you sit. Four rows on the floor is not goning to make a huge difference. And yes Ive sat there many many times
    Fourth: Its worth moving back a few rows to give everyone a shot at a golden ticket.
    Fifth: If you get picked your attitude will change.

But I really think people should just be psyched they are out on the road this summer. No record to support, no real reason to tour other than us fans.
  • Options
    Taft wrote:
    Interesting point. 98% of people will be moved back a bit,

that's my point exactly-in the opposite direction. 98% of us will be moved back (though I'm not sure that's entirely accurate because it depends where the people who "win" are coming from -if they're all from the front, then less people will actually be moved back but anyway) so why are the people up front complaining? you still get to be upfront! I'm gonna get pushed back and I'm back by the sound board- I'll probably be *behind* it now. Who cares?
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    also, if you get pushed back from row 2 or row 10, pretty much everyone else is getting pushed back from their regular seats too. I mean the people in the middle of seniority have just as much chance of the 4 random rows being filled with people from behind them moving up as they do that it will be filled with all people who are already infront of them. (me being someone with a fairly "middle" number). Everyone's getting pushed back overall...except the people in the way back. the people up front obviously have more of chance of being pushed back, but it's only a couple rows.

good point. :)

Taft wrote:
    Interesting point. 98% of people will be moved back a bit, for a small number to win a lottery drawing.

And what we will see is that the people with higher fan club #'s will still complain after this tour, as very, very few of them will be bumped up to the 1st or 2nd row (or 9th or 10th), it will not be a noticable improvement, just push back most of us.

i completely disagree. i think it is an EXCELLENT compromise. of course, i cannot speak for anyone but myself, but in all honesty, i think MOST fans just want that *chance* at front row, the possibility, a shot, no matter how remote. with the old system, outside of a rare GA show and/or knowing someone with a # like that and sharing, it was a total impossibility. so i think again, most, are happy to even have that 2% shot. btw - someone actually did the math, and i think the possibilities are better than 2%. :)

that said, i think it will be fantastic for ALL. i have a pretty crap # and i have not once complained about my seats, happy to get em. i also have travelled pretty extensively to see this band, getting far better seats with my crap # elsewhere, sharing tix with friends with better #s, queuing ALL day to get the rail in europe, etc.

i think the *possibility* is a noticeable imporvement in most people's minds...and i think the excitement and energy mix will be palpable. again, win-win for all imho.....ALL the fans AND the band!

btw - the 'season ticket holder' analogy that continually gets brought up dfoesn't hold water. why? b/c season ticket holders KNEW ahead of time the game. old-time 10c members were NEVER promised seniority. ever. only came into effect in 2000? and unlimited shows with seniority in 2003. it's been discussed and discussed. besides the fact that a 10c membership cost $5, $10 back then and even today only $20.....so yea...not quite the same as lifetime season ticket holders. bottomline, it's pj/10cs call...and i for one, NO matter my #, am HAPPY to see them embrace a system that rewards all fans, and gives all a fans a *shot* to be so close to the band. very cool of em! :cool:

as ever...agree....disagree...c'est la vie.

ahhhhhh.....

Get_Right wrote:
    First: Be lucky they didnt do away with senority entirely.
    Second: How do you know it was the bitching. EV himself mentioned more than once that he sees a lot of familiar faces in the first few rows. could have been him that made the call.
    Third: Four rows will not make a huge difference, no matter wher you sit. Four rows on the floor is not goning to make a huge difference. And yes Ive sat there many many times
    Fourth: Its worth moving back a few rows to give everyone a shot at a golden ticket.
    Fifth: If you get picked your attitude will change.

But I really think people should just be psyched they are out on the road this summer. No record to support, no real reason to tour other than us fans.

agreed....again! :D
    gotta love that. hey, that love for pj is what brought us all here...so bound to agree here and there! ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    lol jose i told u ,, became european all of a sudden
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    do you have tix to get into the building? good....now sit back and enjoy the music....last i checked, that's what this is all about.....
  • Options

agreed....again! :D
    gotta love that. hey, that love for pj is what brought us all here...so bound to agree here and there! ;)

twice in one thread?
    People are gonna talk!
    ;)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    do you have tix to get into the building? good....now sit back and enjoy the music....last i checked, that's what this is all about.....
    its true. even last week at the ed shows i DID NOT have tickets INTO the building but dammit i tell ya, we hadd the best seats EVER!!!! ;) if that didnt prove its about the music...i dont know WHAT does!!!! :D

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Get_Right wrote:
    twice in one thread?
    People are gonna talk!
    ;)

:D

they talk anyway...so feck em, don't care!
    we've managed to discuss this topic pretty extensively :p.....and ALWAYS remian civil/respectful/debate appropriately. i love discussions like that. we're not all going to agree all of the time, some maybe never....but to at least discuss, share ideas....and now, sure....agree and share the EXCITEMENT of upcoming shows........it's ALL GOOD!

i think it's brilliant how MOST fans, regardless of 10c #...see this all as a GOOD thing, for EVERYONE.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol jose i told u ,, became european all of a sudden

yeah lmao i was goin to say the same thing ,que cabrona la mujer he he he :D..ha ha ha ha ...
  • Options
    :D

i think it's brilliant how MOST fans, regardless of 10c #...see this all as a GOOD thing, for EVERYONE.

we also have to remember that ALL the shows on the tour are fan club shows! In the past, I'm thinking Mansfield I-III 2003, only the first show was fan club. I think this fact makes it even more important to give out higher rows randomly- they're all fan club seats, so you don't have the chance of getting way up front through TM, and agency, or a scalper. I was in like row 7 for mansfield III 2003 only because we decided to go through an agency and pay. But for ALL the shows on this tour ALL the good seats are in the hands of the ten club. So if they DIDN'T randomize it, it could literally be almost all the same people every single night with good seats. Hell, IMO, even though I LOVE the ticket perk, I don't think it's quite fair to relegate the general public to shit seating for EVERY show. I have friends who are HUGE fans from way back, but for one reason or another, never joined the 10c. they're always on the lawn and stuff. Some people might love pearl jam but aren't so fanatical as to be in the ten club...I think we should be grateful that we get all these shows as fan club shows in the first place because all in all it's not entirely fair to begin with.
  • Options
    yeah lmao i was goin to say the same thing ,que cabrona la mujer he he he :D..ha ha ha ha ...

i cant wait to see them in china so i can start using chinese words :D:
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i cant wait to see them in china so i can start using chinese words :D:

yeah holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuck .....