Options

Rows 1&2 And 9&10 ..

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
edited April 2008 in The Porch
so what happens to the folks that used to get these seats me being one of them ,what about the fan who has sat 9th or 10th row for the past three tours and doesn't get lucky with 1st or 2nd row this tour where are those people going to end up further back ?? .....how is that fair to them now think about this before you crucify me ,you are used to the 9th or 10th row and now you don't luck out and you end up further back not closer but further back.......i figured this board needs something to spice up this dull tuesday ...:D
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    It's not a matter of not being fair to the normal 1/2 and 9/10 row people. It's a chance to let other fans get up front and see their favorite band up close. Sorry, but someone who has seen then from the first 2 rows 50 times will live if they are now in row 3 or 4.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    so what happens to the folks that used to get these seats me being one of them ,what about the fan who has sat 9th or 10th row for the past three tours and doesn't get lucky with 1st or 2nd row this tour where are those people going to end up further back ?? .....how is that fair to them now think about this before you crucify me ,you are used to the 9th or 10th row and now you don't luck out and you end up further back not closer but further back.......i figured this board needs something to spice up this dull tuesday ...:D

Rows 9-12 at any given show...that would be people like me.

My answer....find yourself some good friends that are tons cooler... and not sweat it too much. ;)
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

well, if you end up in row one or two, you will be two rows farther back than usual. If you usually end up in row 10 or so, you will be four rows farther back than usual.

Not a big deal and I like the way the 10c came up with a compromise.

Of course, we all have a shot at front row, so you never know.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Meanwhile, about the folks who were BORN the same year as Pearl Jam, and thus did not sign up for the Ten Club until years later... how is that fair to them that they generally end up with worse seats than those who were born earlier? Believe me, as an 18 year old, I think us young fans are far more disadvantaged even with this great opportunity than you old fans who get to sit 9th or 10th row generally, and this time may have to sit 12th and 13th. That's my opinion. I can see that it would feel frustrating though... being downgraded in any scenario is no fun.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    I just hope when I'm pushed back 4 rows - usually 18th to 20th row the last few tours - that they put me in the wings and not 4 rows further back on the floor.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    anything is better than the blocks.

as long as they NEVER do blocks again, I will not complain.

I despised that method of ticket distribution.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314

I feel for you...BUT I think it has as much to do with the band's preference as giving fans a fair shot...I think they want to change it up and maybe change the energy - so, in a nutshell, I am blaming you for not being entertaining enough for the band :)
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    It's not a matter of not being fair to the normal 1/2 and 9/10 row people. It's a chance to let other fans get up front and see their favorite band up close. Sorry, but someone who has seen then from the first 2 rows 50 times will live if they are now in row 3 or 4.

i agree with your assesment but i'm thinking more about that fan who has been sitting 9th or 10th hoping to move closer if that fan doesn't luck out and score 1st or 2nd he/she ends up farther back they don't move up ,as the fan who used to sit 1st it's not that big a deal to sit 4th or 5th for this tour ...
  • Options
    anything is better than the blocks.

as long as they NEVER do blocks again, I will not complain.

I despised that method of ticket distribution.

That was a hassle for sure. Still can't really complain though.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Quit bitching; your seats will be fine no matter what; 2 rows farther back will not kill anyone
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    battan1120battan1120 Posts: 310
    Don't you know what they look like by now? What do you think your entitled to those seats every show.I tell you what the next time you get those killer seats ,go find a few fans sitting in the nose bleeds and swap ticket stubs.
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    i agree with your assesment but i'm thinking more about that fan who has been sitting 9th or 10th hoping to move closer if that fan doesn't luck out and score 1st or 2nd he/she ends up farther back they don't move up ,as the fan who used to sit 1st it's not that big a deal to sit 4th or 5th for this tour ...

I am usually right around there. Back 3-4 rows won't hurt me too much.
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    I feel for you...BUT I think it has as much to do with the band's preference as giving fans a fair shot...I think they want to change it up and maybe change the energy - so, in a nutshell, I am blaming you for not being entertaining enough for the band :)

don't feel for me as i'm happy to where ever my seat might be wich should be with in the 1st 5rows ,but i feel bad more for the fan that is a 9th or 10th row fan ...
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    A few rows difference is not significant. The people who would have gotten 9 or 10 could have been 13 or 14 anyway, depending on the number of 10C tickets sold, venue, etc. The amount of joy that they will be giving to the people who randomly get 1, 2, 9 and 10 will vastly outweighs the amount of inconvenience for those who would otherwise have been in those rows. You're just moving back a couple rows.

I think it's a GREAT idea.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Solat13 wrote:
    I just hope when I'm pushed back 4 rows - usually 18th to 20th row the last few tours - that they put me in the wings and not 4 rows further back on the floor.

sometimes it pays to be 6'4

i try to explain to people that row 20 back on the floor is not all that hot, especially for short girls that are 5'... they cant see shit, especially if they end up behind me :D
  • Options

get over it. i have a hard time feeling sorry for you./
  • Options
    ok folks i said it is a discussion so don't come here and start telling me to stop bitchin ok assholes i'm not bitching just stating the obvious that some people will get screwd by this system me not being one of them so fuck off all you newbees i don't give a fuck that you where born in 1998 ......
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    some of these arguments assume that everyone in the first couple of rows (up to now) goes to every show or has seen 50 shows from the front row. what about the poor slobs who have only been able to manage front row seats 4 times since 2000? is it fair for them to no longer have the priviledge of occasional front row? it's too bad those folks have to suffer because of a small percentage of assholes....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    get over it. i have a hard time feeling sorry for you./

again dude i'm not asking for you to feel sorry for me as i'm not bitter about the new way i will be just fine with the seats 10c provides for me ......
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    i don't give a fuck that you where born in 1998 ......

And don't have a cool aunt like me to make you a 10c member at age 9 so you can be 17 yrs w/ member # 197xxx. :)

See you at the shows...Jose.

You should have known better! ;)
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    And don't have a cool aunt like me to make you a 10c member at age 9 so you can be 17 yrs w/ member # 197xxx. :)

See you at the shows...Jose.

You should have known better! ;)

your correct i should of known that there are more assholes on here than intelectuall folks who can discuss things in a civil matter off course i don't mean you dear ;) and yeah can't wait for june ... :)
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    ok folks i said it is a discussion so don't come here and start telling me to stop bitchin ok assholes i'm not bitching just stating the obvious that some people will get screwd by this system me not being one of them so fuck off all you newbees i don't give a fuck that you where born in 1998 ......

greedy fuckers '''''' hhehe
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Get_Right wrote:
    well, if you end up in row one or two, you will be two rows farther back than usual. If you usually end up in row 10 or so, you will be four rows farther back than usual.

Not a big deal and I like the way the 10c came up with a compromise.

Of course, we all have a shot at front row, so you never know.

and....we agree!

i think it's a beautiful thing, for everyone! even those *used to* always being in those rows usually b/c now you are going to have a LOT of new people up there sharing that energy and excitement with you ~ win-win!
    :D

btw jose - a lot of those *newbies* were born WAY before 1998.....try 30 years before that, so yea.......everyone needs to share the love! i also don't think anyone is getting *screwed* b/c i have never felt anyone is "entitled" to get such seats, they/you just got "accustomed" to them. it was never promised, so yes, again...it's all about sharing the love! :)

*edit - and....
    A few rows difference is not significant. The people who would have gotten 9 or 10 could have been 13 or 14 anyway, depending on the number of 10C tickets sold, venue, etc. The amount of joy that they will be giving to the people who randomly get 1, 2, 9 and 10 will vastly outweighs the amount of inconvenience for those who would otherwise have been in those rows. You're just moving back a couple rows.

I think it's a GREAT idea.

fantastic post! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    screw all these suckers with their shitty numbers jose

gonna have to get a few pairs on the wings just in case i get jacked with my seats
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    screw all these suckers with their shitty numbers jose

gonna have to get a few pairs on the wings just in case i get jacked with my seats

yeah j fuck'em all ....and to the young fuckers that where born in 1994 i don't care if you missed the boat ......
  • Options
    I think it just got a little ridiculous that the front row was comprised of the same people *at every single show*. I don't think pure seniority matter much back in the days when you could only get fan club tickets to one show, but now that you've got people going to every show on the tour, it's just the same exact people in the same spots. I think it's cool to do this lottery, especially for the front two rows. it's still the same really, but now there's some added excitement. and hey, you could end up in row 1 instead of row 10. I bet we wouldn't see you complaining in that case...
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    and....we agree!

i think it's a beautiful thing, for everyone! even those *used to* always being in those rows usually b/c now you are going to have a LOT of new people up there sharing that energy and excitement with you ~ win-win!
    :D

It does happen. :D
  • Options
    I think it just got a little ridiculous that the front row was comprised of the same people *at every single show*. I don't think pure seniority matter much back in the days when you could only get fan club tickets to one show, but now that you've got people going to every show on the tour, it's just the same exact people in the same spots. I think it's cool to do this lottery, especially for the front two rows. it's still the same really, but now there's some added excitement. and hey, you could end up in row 1 instead of row 10. I bet we wouldn't see you complaining in that case...

we dont need the extra help with our numbers... lol
  • Options
    SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    I hate the new system. Some people think it's great because it gives everyone a fair crack at the first two rows, which it does. However, The chances of getting picked are around 2%. That's bullshit. That means means everyone on the floor gets pushed back 4 rows, and 2% of the fans get better than usual seats. It also means I have a 98% chance of having a worst seat then normal. On the floor those few rows matter more than you think.

In all fairness, if you didn't join back in the day, you shouldn't sit up front. Sorry if you weren't around yet...I'm a huge baseball fan, should I have the same chance at a front row seat as a guy who's had season tickets since the 1950's? I wasn't born until the 70's or maybe I just wasn't a fan yet. He's the guy that's been showing up for decades and forking over the ever climbing ticket prices from year after year. Just like me and the other long time members have been touring around the world supporting the guys.

I know they don't want us to bitch about it, but apparentlly all the bitching before got them to change to this system. So now we should just grin and bear it? How is that fair?
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Options

wrong my # gets me way closer than 9th or 10th the thread was meant for the person that is used to those seats 9th or 10th row me not being one of them go back and read the the thread ..