What book are you reading?

Comments

• The Last Lecture

by: Randy Pausch

~ we cannot change the cards we are dealt just how we play the hand~
    9/1/05, 9/2/05, 9/4/05, 9/5/05, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 5/27/06, 5/30/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 7/20/06, 7/22/06,7/23/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 9/25/09,10/06/09,10/07/09, 05/07/10, 09/25/11, 07/16/13,12/04/13,12/06/13, 10/14/14, 4/7/17, 08/08/18, 08/10/18, 05/04/24

EV 04/02/08, 04/03/08, 07/16/11
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixxx
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    SENROCK! wrote:
    The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixxx
    How is it?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Anne Rice: Taltos
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    Terror and Consent by Philip Bobbit.

Scary Stuff
    GoiMTvP.gif
    How is it?
    Its REALLY good but also freakin SADD. I hadd to put it down cuz i almost cried. I wanted to find Sixxx and give him a hug but also shake his hand for being who he is.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

SENROCK! wrote:
    Its REALLY good but also freakin SADD. I hadd to put it down cuz i almost cried. I wanted to find Sixxx and give him a hug but also shake his hand for being who he is.
    I really was into them for a little bit back in the '80's. He had all the talent in that band and when he started going down hill, so did they.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    I really was into them for a little bit back in the '80's. He had all the talent in that band and when he started going down hill, so did they.
    Well, i still think they are freakin awesome. Keep in mind they never wanted to be "the best" in terms of what everyone thought SHOULD be the best. They were loud, badd, careless, and they still secure the reputation. :D

SENROCK! wrote:
    Well, i still think they are freakin awesome. Keep in mind they never wanted to be "the best" in terms of what everyone thought SHOULD be the best. They were loud, badd, careless, and they still secure the reputation. :D
    That is true! Somedays I miss the 80's.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • the dead room - heather graham
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    China Lake by Meg Gardiner
    and
    Awake in the Dark: The Best of Roger Ebert
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • just bought a book called "eddie vedder and pearl jam: none too fragile". any reviews on it? i read "five against one" so i wanted to check this one out.
    MSG II 6/25/08
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    just bought a book called "eddie vedder and pearl jam: none too fragile". any reviews on it? i read "five against one" so i wanted to check this one out.

well if you can get past them calling eddies mother by the wrong name on the first page and identifying soundgarden as the crew, youll be fine with it. i liked the neely book better.

walden - henry thoreau
    veronika decides to die- paulo coelho
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Just read RJ Ellory's A Quiet Belief in Angels - very good book....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Just started Anita Shreve's "Body Surfing". I have yet to find a book of hers that I did not love. Finished the David Sedaris book and I will have to check out some more of his :)
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Candy Girl - Diablo Cody

Wow. Very revealing and entertaining book about strippers.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Fortune's Bastard by Robert Chalmers...good stuff
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• The King's Last Song by Geoff Ryman - about Cambodia - really good so far!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Order just placed on Amazon:

Ishmael
    My Ishmael
    Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs
    I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    The Ruins by Scott Smith
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Just started reading Emily Gee's "Thief with no Shadow". So far I'm really liking it.
    smarchee wrote:
    The Ruins by Scott Smith

Good book. Good movie too, just different from the book.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    rrivers wrote:
    Good book. Good movie too, just different from the book.

a smart reader recommended it to me, plus Mr. King highly endorsed it, or it says so on the cover
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Brick Lane by Monica Ali
    smarchee wrote:
    a smart reader recommended it to me, plus Mr. King highly endorsed it, or it says so on the cover

Yeah I don't think you'll be disappointed.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Look Homeward, Angel - Thomas Wolfe

Anybody read this? I'm just getting started and find this kinda hard to read. Is it just me?
  • Wizard & Glass - Dark Tower IV
  • catch22catch22 Posts: 1,081
    Wizard & Glass - Dark Tower IV

i just bought 'the gunslinger.' ive never read a stephen king novel before though, and i hear that later books kinda of wind in and out of this canon. im afraid i wont understand the later books of the series and i dont want to kick it off if that's going to be the case, as i already have book one of a VERY big/long seris on my shelf as it s (game of thrones, from george martin's fire and ice series).
    and like that... he's gone.
  • daystar143daystar143 Posts: 367
    catch22 wrote:
    i just bought 'the gunslinger.' ive never read a stephen king novel before though, and i hear that later books kinda of wind in and out of this canon. im afraid i wont understand the later books of the series and i dont want to kick it off if that's going to be the case, as i already have book one of a VERY big/long seris on my shelf as it s (game of thrones, from george martin's fire and ice series).

If Martin doesn't hurry up and publish Dances with Dragons, I'm going to fly to where ever he lives and kick his ass. It's a great story and he needs to finish it!!!!!!

(I love the Imp. I'm rooting for him to find his lost love...and for his sister to get what's coming to her!)
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • catch22catch22 Posts: 1,081
    daystar143 wrote:
    If Martin doesn't hurry up and publish Dances with Dragons, I'm going to fly to where ever he lives and kick his ass. It's a great story and he needs to finish it!!!!!!

(I love the Imp. I'm rooting for him to find his lost love...and for his sister to get what's coming to her!)

i've not even cracked page one yet, so i have no idea what this means :)

but yeah, it's a big series, and between that my love of john connolly's charlie parker novels, diving into a 7-book series that incorporates the entire mythology of a stephen king universe i've never read seems a little overwhelming.
    and like that... he's gone.