-The 2007 Seattle Seahawks Thread-

123457»

Comments

• Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    r.i.p. '07 seahawks. it was fun.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Yeah, it was a fin run. Hats off to the Packers and Brett Favre. I hope they go all the way!!!

I hope Holmgren stays for another year and I hope we improve our running game in the off season.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Yeah, it was a fin run. Hats off to the Packers and Brett Favre. I hope they go all the way!!!

I hope Holmgren stays for another year and I hope we improve our running game in the off season.

I hope they improve their TE game next season. Ouch!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Good 2007 season....I'm sad that it's over!

GB played one hell of a game....good luck the rest of the way!

The Hawks need a few upgrades next season. Maybe a LG, RB and TE.

We'll see.....How long until next season???
  • Options
    sennin wrote:
    Good 2007 season....I'm sad that it's over!

GB played one hell of a game....good luck the rest of the way!

The Hawks need a few upgrades next season. Maybe a LG, RB and TE.

We'll see.....How long until next season???

I still don't understand why they didn't keep Hutch and let him go to Minny.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    The Hawks looked like they mailed it in at halftime. Not the same team that beat the Skins last week...not even close. Maybe Holmgren is ready to pack it in.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    I still don't understand why they didn't keep Hutch and let him go to Minny.

He was a restricted free agent and the Vikings signed him to an offer sheet the Seahawks weren't able to match. Minnesota made him the highest paid guard in the league.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    culot4 wrote:
    The Hawks looked like they mailed it in at halftime. Not the same team that beat the Skins last week...not even close. Maybe Holmgren is ready to pack it in.

doubt it had anything to do with mike giving up...

packers at home are of a liiiittle higher caliber than the redskins of last week...
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    He was a restricted free agent and the Vikings signed him to an offer sheet the Seahawks weren't able to match. Minnesota made him the highest paid guard in the league.

If it was restricted, doesn't that mean that they'd have the right to offer the same amount? Or is that unrestricted?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    roar wrote:
    doubt it had anything to do with mike giving up...

packers at home are of a liiiittle higher caliber than the redskins of last week...

Oh come on. They gave up 42 points giving their best effort?... I don't buy it no matter where the played or how bad the weather was.
  • Options
    If it was restricted, doesn't that mean that they'd have the right to offer the same amount? Or is that unrestricted?

They had a certain amount of time to match the offer but there was no way they could. There was something about a poison pill which said the Vikings would make him the highest paid guard in the league. The Hawks turned around and did the same thing to the Vikings because they were pissed. Thats how they got Burleson.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    They had a certain amount of time to match the offer but there was no way they could. There was something about a poison pill which said the Vikings would make him the highest paid guard in the league. The Hawks turned around and did the same thing to the Vikings because they were pissed. Thats how they got Burleson.

I remember that now, pretty fair trade. Hutch for Burleson :eek:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    They could have and SHOULD HAVE slapped a franchise tag on him - then none of that would have happened. Our GM has admitted his mistake in the handling of Hutch.

But, that's all in the passed...
  • Options
    I wonder how much fan mail Hasselbeck will get asking for Favre's autograph after that game.
    I waited all day
    you waited all day
    but you left before sunset
    and I just wanted to tell you
    that the moment was beautiful
    just wanted to dance to bad music
    drive bad cars
    watch bad tv
    should have stayed for the sunset
    if not for me
  • Options
    http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/breaking/story/261760.html

Holmgren returns as Seahawks coach
    The News Tribune
    Published: January 22nd, 2008 12:09 PM | Updated: January 22nd, 2008 12:17 PM
    Mike Holmgren will hold a press conference this afternoon announcing his return as coach of the Seattle Seahawks.

Holmgren spent the last week contemplating his future after Seattle’s 42-20 loss to Green Bay in the playoffs. The Seahawks have won the NFC West Division title four straight years and have advanced to the playoffs five consecutive seasons under Holmgren.

Success with the Seahawks, though, was only part of the issue. Holmgren, who turns 60 on June 15, said while he still enjoys coaching but the demands of the position is something he needed to evaluate after each season.

The Seahawks went 10-6 in 2007 and won their first-round playoff game over the Washington Redskins. But for the second year in a row, Seattle had to play on the road in the second round and lost.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/breaking/story/261760.html

Holmgren returns as Seahawks coach
    The News Tribune
    Published: January 22nd, 2008 12:09 PM | Updated: January 22nd, 2008 12:17 PM
    Mike Holmgren will hold a press conference this afternoon announcing his return as coach of the Seattle Seahawks.

Holmgren spent the last week contemplating his future after Seattle’s 42-20 loss to Green Bay in the playoffs. The Seahawks have won the NFC West Division title four straight years and have advanced to the playoffs five consecutive seasons under Holmgren.

Success with the Seahawks, though, was only part of the issue. Holmgren, who turns 60 on June 15, said while he still enjoys coaching but the demands of the position is something he needed to evaluate after each season.

The Seahawks went 10-6 in 2007 and won their first-round playoff game over the Washington Redskins. But for the second year in a row, Seattle had to play on the road in the second round and lost.

Packers play the Seahawks next season in Seattle. I'll see you there. :)
  • Options
    Packers play the Seahawks next season in Seattle. I'll see you there. :)
    That sounds like a sound and wise plan!!!