Options

-The 2007 Seattle Seahawks Thread-

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Hey what was with the green everybody was wearing yesterday at the game?
    Blue & Green, baby!!!

It is just a way of exploiting the green against the much more dominant blue, in the blue & green color scheme.
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    i love the neon green...brings out the eye of the seahawk. :)
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Blue & Green, baby!!!

It is just a way of exploiting the green against the much more dominant blue, in the blue & green color scheme.

Ohh I thought it was for some cause. Ok cool then. :D

Can't wait for the walrus/Holmgren to return to Green Bay. :D
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Hey what was with the green everybody was wearing yesterday at the game?

I think it all started with Deon Branch's neon green gloves. Then Walter Jones and Senaca Wallace started wearing neon green shoes (now a bunch o fplayers do this).

Yesterday the club handed out neon green hats to the first 20,000 in the game.
  • Options
    sennin wrote:
    I think it all started with Deon Branch's neon green gloves. Then Walter Jones and Senaca Wallace started wearing neon green shoes (now a bunch o fplayers do this).

Oh cool thanks for the info. :)
  • Options
    sennin wrote:

i think so, too. deon made the fashion statement with the gloves :P. Then they passed those gloves out to the fans and it all caught on.

i think the colors changed in 2002...and i had heard paul allen had a role in making the eye the bright lime green color. i like it.
  • Options
    Yeah, I too agree, Deon Branch started the green fad with those neon green gloves. I like it all. :)

Alright, I am now a Giants fan to beat the Cowboys next week - if they do that and we can pull out a big W in Green Bay, then the NFC Championship game would be in Seattle!!!!
  • Options
    If we somehow beat GB on Saturday....I'll become the biggest Giants fan out there!
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    sennin wrote:
    If we somehow beat GB on Saturday....I'll become the biggest Giants fan out there!

Why? Scared to play the Cowboys? ;)

Romo won't be holding the ball for the kick this year.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:

LOL!

Yes, a little....especially on the road! The Seahawks are 8-1 at home this year and have 25 wins at home since 2005.

Really....I'm a season ticket holder and I want to go to another playoff game!
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    sennin wrote:
    LOL!

Yes, a little....especially on the road! The Seahawks are 8-1 at home this year and have 25 wins at home since 2005.

Really....I'm a season ticket holder and I want to go to another playoff game!

Well it would definitely be a cool re-match but we have to get by the Giants first and you have to get past the Packers. The Giants really worry me right now.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:

ROFLMAO!!! Pssh, who's scared of the Cowgirls? Cry baby Romo? Pahleeez!!! We could put the hurt on the Cowgirls.

This is just about wanting a Seattle home game. We take the NFC Championship game no matter where it's played - like all teams though, we'd prefer it at home.
  • Options
    D.C. Fans Endure Slings and Arrows Of Seattle Crowd
    Loss Cuts Deep for Those Who Traveled Far

By Nick Miroff
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Sunday, January 6, 2008; Page A06

SEATTLE, Jan. 5 -- When the Seattle Seahawks scored their last touchdown last night, it was so loud at Qwest Field that the bitter words of Nick Gamache were buried under an avalanche of noise.

The Seahawks had run up the score to 35-14 with another interception return for a touchdown, and Gamache, a Raleigh, N.C., resident who grew up in Silver Spring, was crushed. "The dagger already happened a while ago," he said. "That was the nail."

The game was just like Washington's up-and-down season as the Redskins started slow, then rallied but ultimately fizzled.

"I really thought we were going to win. I felt it in my bones. And that's why it hurts so much," said Gamache's friend, Michael Fitzmaurice, a District resident who flew out for the game.

For the fans who braved the elements and the beery hordes at Qwest Field, the loss was an emotional injury to the insults they'd been suffering all day from Seahawks fans.

And just like the noise, the hostile conditions were partly a product of the stadium's design. Unlike FedEx Field, where the sprawling suburban parking lot provides ample room for tailgating, Qwest Field is set in far more cramped downtown quarters. Throngs of Seahawk fans jam into a narrow strip of asphalt between a freeway overpass and the stadium, creating a warrenlike cluster of blue tents and jerseys.

These were the hostile environs where one brave group of Washington fans set up before the game, and they were quickly besieged.

Although Seattle fans have a reputation for civility, the hissing vandals that Washington fans faced yesterday were as bad-mannered a bunch as any in the league. Anyone who arrived in a Redskins jersey had to walk through a rioting gantlet of screaming blue meanies who pushed them, bumped them and even stole their beer.

"They were throwing stuff at us: chicken wings, cans. It was terrible," said Dino Russo, 42, a Stafford resident whose Redskins rain poncho made him a ripe target.

"I expected the crowd to be docile, and this was the opposite," said his friend Bruce May, 51, also of Stafford. "Philly is supposed to be the worst, but this doesn't compare."

One well-traveled, battle-scarred Redskins fan, Ted Abela of the District, said he'd never seen so much unnecessary roughness from hometown fans. He likened walking into the stadium to entering the Colosseum in the movie "Gladiator," surrounded by packs of foaming Romans. "I went to Philly and New York this year, and this is worse," said Abela, 28.

No one was immune. Even Ashleigh Miller, a junior at Loudoun Valley High School, wasn't spared from the onslaught, enduring a nasty encounter with one particularly boorish Seahawks fan. "He was right up in my face," she said, her blond braid tucked under a burgundy No. 21 hat honoring the late Sean Taylor, "and I'm only 16!"

Miller and her father stood with their Redskins brethren in the rain before the game, dripping wet. "These fans are just trying to root for their team," said Kevin Miller, 48. "At least it's not like Philly, where they actually want to fight."

But some Seattle fans did appear to actually want to fight. "It was scary; there were people in my face, blocking my path," said Steve Jones, 43, a District native now living in eastern Washington who drove over the mountains through 20 inches of snow to reach the stadium, only to face more treacherous conditions en route to a Redskins tailgate party.

District resident Mike Cooper plunged right into the razzing and loved it, goading the Seattle fans by calling their players "Smurfs."

"This is the best part," said the 41-year-old, who works as a loan officer when he's not wearing a crown of fake Redskins braids. "I love it."

But some especially crass Seattle fans even went after the sacred, sullying the memory of Taylor, the defensive star who was killed in November, with low-blow insults.

"I expected hostility, but I didn't expect people to say something like that," said Kenny Alvo, 24, an elementary school teacher in Springfield. "It's just a football game."

"I've never seen people so classless," said Raza Ali, 33, a lawyer living in Los Angeles who grew up in Annapolis. "When I'm wearing No. 21 and somebody makes fun of a dead guy, that is classless by any definition."

Seahawks fans said it was simply a matter of territorialism. "You gotta hold your own and let them know what time it is," said Kyl Uecker, 24, a beer-swilling Seattle resident plastered in blue and black face paint.

The taunting continued into the stands for the sparse pockets of Redskins fans scattered throughout the stadium. Several fans planned an escape even before the game ended.

Genna Henry of Idaho, whose father was from the District, said, "I just want to get out of here alive."
  • Options
    what did they expect, really? not saying the dead jokes were classy, but come on...

football crowds + playoffs + alcohol = hostile environment...shoulda know that before travelling 3000 miles.

i hope they didn't spend the long ride home complaining about it.
  • Options
    "Brown rigs heated warmup pants to stay toasty in Green Bay"

ESPN.com news services
    January 9, 2008, 2:54 PM ET

SEATTLE -- Seattle Seahawks kicker Josh Brown says he'll wear heated warm-up pants in the freezing weather at Saturday's playoff game in Green Bay.

Brown says he has equipped his pants with battery-powered heaters for the calves, thighs and hamstrings.

Brown told KIRO Radio that no matter how low the temperature drops, his legs will be 75 degrees.

Brown says kickers, who spend most of the game on the sideline, have to work harder to stay loose in cold weather by walking around, practicing kicks or using heaters.
  • Options
    roar wrote:
    "Brown rigs heated warmup pants to stay toasty in Green Bay"

ESPN.com news services
    January 9, 2008, 2:54 PM ET

SEATTLE -- Seattle Seahawks kicker Josh Brown says he'll wear heated warm-up pants in the freezing weather at Saturday's playoff game in Green Bay.

Brown says he has equipped his pants with battery-powered heaters for the calves, thighs and hamstrings.

Brown told KIRO Radio that no matter how low the temperature drops, his legs will be 75 degrees.

Brown says kickers, who spend most of the game on the sideline, have to work harder to stay loose in cold weather by walking around, practicing kicks or using heaters.

I'm sorry but your kicker is a fucking pussy. lol
  • Options

he's a dreamboat.
    and a hell of a tackler.
  • Options

Around here we call him "Franchise".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEQRXzmgEAs

:p
  • Options
    roar wrote:
    he's a dreamboat.
    and a hell of a tackler.

Well that's wonderful. lol
  • Options
    sennin wrote:
    Around here we call him "Franchise".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEQRXzmgEAs

:p

Here's what Vince might have said about your kicker. hehehe :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocV5bGHdYag
  • Options
    Here's what Vince might have said about your kicker. hehehe :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocV5bGHdYag

HAHA, I'm pretty sure that was EXACTLY what Lovie Smith told Hester on his way back to the sideline. :p
  • Options
    sennin wrote:
    HAHA, I'm pretty sure that was EXACTLY what Lovie Smith told Hester on his way back to the sideline. :p

It must be so sad that your biggest play of the year came from your kicker. hehehe :D
  • Options
    It must be so sad that your biggest play of the year came from your kicker. hehehe :D

Yeah, watch out of JB....and this guy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8TlNtrpQ6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZ695sfUiU
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

I knew they had arrived yesterday when I heard Sir Mix-A-Lot's new Seahawks rap on the radio...

j/k
  • Options
  • Options
    Today is the day.

"At my signal, unleash hell."
  • Options
    sennin wrote:
    Today is the day.

"At my signal, unleash hell."
    Dude, it feels like Christmas morning as a kid.
  • Options
    well there is always next year. hopefully holmgren stays another year.