Options

The Office

Comments

• Options
    mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    I haven't seen Andy since he punched a hole through a wall. He's probably in anger management.

I think you're right about that. If you watched the producers cut from the last new episode, he was checking in to anger management.
  • Options
    It was disturbing watching Michael trying to take off Dwight's bra.

what was it Michael said? Something like, "You just twist until it breaks."
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    mulva9 wrote:
    I think you're right about that. If you watched the producers cut from the last new episode, he was checking in to anger management.

haha. is that on the nbc website?
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    we get it, you're trying to be cool and be the 1st one to say it jumped the shark

get over yourself

and if you knew what you were talking about, you'd realize season 2 had a lot of drama in it as well.

There's a difference between well-executed, well-timed drama like in Season 2 and awkward, poorly-acted drama like in this season. I have no problem with drama as long as it fits with the show itself.

Watch a show like Extras, for instance. Now there's a show that knows how to be funny and still have great little emotional scenes to it as well. It reminds me a lot of Season 2 of the Office in that regard.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    haha. is that on the nbc website?

It was after it aired. Not sure if it still is.
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    nfanel wrote:
    he was signed on yesterday as a regular cast member, so he'll be back.

i just hope it's in small doses. i liked him at first but he's been too much the last few weeks.

Yeah, he's becoming a caricature...

"You wouldn't want him anywhere near you. But do you still want him on your TV? Ed Helms, who plays the annoying, over-the-top Andy Bernard, has been promoted to series regular on The Office. I have to say, even though I enjoy Helms himself, his character is damn near intolerable."

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/02/what_should_hap.html
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    the directors cut of the return is on itunes
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I didn't even notice that Andy wasn't there last night, and what about Oscar? I think he was missing too. Andy would have loved the stripper. Oscar would not have enjoyed it.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    I didn't even notice that Andy wasn't there last night, and what about Oscar? I think he was missing too. Andy would have loved the stripper. Oscar would not have enjoyed it.

They could have filmed the episodes out of order and just aired Oscar's return first. But I didn't see him either.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558

i don't remember seeing oscar, either, but who did michael say something to about "maybe having a boyfriend...in prison" when they were down in the warehouse?
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    i don't remember seeing oscar, either, but who did michael say something to about "maybe having a boyfriend...in prison" when they were down in the warehouse?

in reference to the stripper.
  • Options
    the intro before the credits was pure gold.

downhill from there though. there were a few funny spots, but overall an average episode.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    DOSW wrote:
    There's a difference between well-executed, well-timed drama like in Season 2 and awkward, poorly-acted drama like in this season. I have no problem with drama as long as it fits with the show itself.

Watch a show like Extras, for instance. Now there's a show that knows how to be funny and still have great little emotional scenes to it as well. It reminds me a lot of Season 2 of the Office in that regard.

Ricky Gervais produces Extras and The Office.
  • Options
    Michael: I am instituting primae noctis.

Jim: Primae noctis, I believe from the movie, Braveheart, and confirmed on Wikipedia, is when the king got to deflower every new bride on her wedding night. So …

Michael: I’m sorry. I had a very different understanding as to what primae noctis meant.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    I completely forgot the guy that plays Dwight also played Arthur on Six Feet Under.

I saw a rerun of SFU today and I completely forgot about that!
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Poor Pam has a cold. :(
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    Man I missed this last episode... first one I've missed in a long freakin' time. I've heard it was awesome too. :(
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Man I missed this last episode... first one I've missed in a long freakin' time. I've heard it was awesome too. :(
    itunes it tonight instead of getting drunk in lancaster ;)
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    itunes it tonight instead of getting drunk in lancaster ;)

ha ha... how'd you know I'd be getting drunk tonight in Lancaster? -although getting drunk wasn't the reason I missed it originally, they happen to have a whopping 8 channels at the hotel I was at in Basildon England, of course none include this show.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options

but the Jim/Pam thing has gone down hill. I liked it more last year. I was like "oh shit! Jim actually kissed her!" during the season two finale. but this season that storyline (for me anyway) hasn't been entertaining at all.

what don't you get???? If they just put Jim and Pam together at the end of last season, Pam says yeah, screw Roy, that would be the end of it. Boy meets girl, boy gets girl. Sam gets Diane. How'd Cheers do after that? You sound like my wife.
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:

I wasn't sure either. i thought that line was directed at the stripper. Could be wrong, though
  • Options
    I wasn't sure either. i thought that line was directed at the stripper. Could be wrong, though

Thats what I thought too.
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I just saw last week's episode again, I didn't pay attention to what Dwight said when the stripper showed up, he is such a retard.

Jim: Have You Ever Seen A Stripper Before?

Dwight: Yes, Jennifer Garner Portrayed One On Alias, It Was One Of He Many Aliases.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options

ah, that would make sense...
  • Options
    PHYLLIS' WEDDING
    8:30/7:30c TV14 02.08.2007

HERE COMES THE BRIDE - Phyllis (Phyllis Smith) regrets giving Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) an important job at her wedding after several embarrassing moments. Pam (Jenna Fischer) has flashbacks of her own wedding planning when she sees Phyllis's decorations. Meanwhile, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) is determined to catch wedding crashers. John Krasinski, B.J. Novak, Melora Hardin, David Denman, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Paul Lieberstein, and Mindy Kaling also star.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    You found Uncle Al!

Yeah, He's kind of a weirdo.

Damn!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    that was good old-school michael....phyllis dad walking was like when kevin upstaged michael's birthday with the cancer scare. :D

i know everyone hates the drama, but i really hope pam doesn't go back to roy...
  • Options
    I missed it! fuck! forgot it was even thursday
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    nfanel wrote:
    that was good old-school michael....phyllis dad walking was like when kevin upstaged michael's birthday with the cancer scare. :D

i know everyone hates the drama, but i really hope pam doesn't go back to roy...

Michael is such a brat - making all that noise because he didn't get the spot light. Classic :D

I hope she doesn't either. Kind of weird this season how Roy's been so nice -seems like a whole different person.

Love this show.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Toby's girlfriend is HOTT....
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone