Options

quotables

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity!
    ~ Gilda Radner

There is nothing more ironic or strange or contradictory than life itself.
    ~ Robert DeNiro

Life is a great and wondrous mystery and the only thing we know that we have for sure is what is right here right now. Don't miss it.
    ~ Leo Buscaglia
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    What is life? An illusion, a shadow, a story. And the greatest good is little enough: for all life is a dream, and dreams themselves are only dreams.
    ~ Pedro Calderon De La Barca

The mystery of existence is the connection between our faults and our misfortunes.
    ~ Madame De Stael

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
    ~ Soren Kierkegaard
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    jaygreen12jaygreen12 Posts: 166
    "Why in a country of free speech are there phone bills." ~ I forgot.
    6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
  • Options
    Living is an art, not a science. You make it up as you go along.
    ~ Al Hirschfeld

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
    ~Samuel Butler

Life is uncharted territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time.
    ~ Leo Buscaglia

Our life is the faint tracing on the surface of mystery.
    ~ Annie Dillard

Why are we here? To enjoy the experience of being alive. Yes, that's it! Quite simple, really.
    ~ Ed Brodow
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    my daughter calls the position for "catcher" in baseball the "back-pitcher"..

she says its cause they throw the ball "back" to the "pitcher"..

does that count???
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man.

~Ulysses Everett McGill

:p

I watched a little bit of Oh Brother last night....
  • Options
    Personally, I think the reason we are here is that it was too crowded where we were supposed to go.
    ~ Steven Wright

We are here to give jobs to the census takers.
    ~ Malcolm Kushner

The very purpose of existence is to reconcile the glowing opinion we hold of ourselves with the appalling things that other people think about us.
    ~ Quentin Crisp

"Why are we here?" That profound question can be answered in three easy words: TO WORSHIP ME.
    ~ Judy Tenuta

The secret of man's being is not only to live but to have something to live for.
    ~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    One needs something to believe in, something for which one can have whole-hearted enthusiasm. One needs to feel that one's life has meaning, that one is needed in this world.
    ~ Hannah Senesh

To achieve a miraculous experience of life, we must embrace a more spiritual perspective. Otherwise we will die one day without ever having known the real joy of living.
    ~ Marianne Williamson

For everything that lives is holy, life delights in life.
    ~ William Blake

While we are just a grain of sand in the great flow of time, we are, each of us, unique and necessary to the fulfillment of some cosmic plan.
    ~ Kathleen Brehony

The goal of life is living in agreement with nature.
    ~ Zeno
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Holey GhostHoley Ghost Posts: 744
    imspinnin wrote:
    Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.

:):):)

Yes, but if you need it hard, only a man will do. :)
    Create Good Things........
    Graduate of the School for Sexual Gifted....magna cum loads
  • Options
    I think we're going to have to forget about the radio and just go back to word of mouth.

Joe Strummer
    the Clash
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    one more.. this is great!

When you blame yourself, you learn from it. If you blame someone else, you don't learn nothing, cause hey, it's not your fault, it's his fault, over there.

Joe Strummer
    the clash
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    There is no meaning to life except the meaning man gives to his life by the unfolding of his powers.
    ~ Erich Fromm

Life has no meaning unless one lives it with a will, at least to the limit of one's will.
    ~ Paul Gauguin

No pleasure philosophy, no sensuality, no place nor power, no material success can for a moment give such inner satisfaction as the sense of living for good purposes, for maintenance of integrity, for the preservation of self-approval.
    ~ Minot Simons
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    "Why are we here?" is surely the most important question humans must face.... Our obligation is to confer meaning to life and, in doing so, overcome temptations of passivity and indifference.
    ~ Elie Wiesel

The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.
    ~ Robert Byrne

We are here and it is now. Further than that all human knowledge is moonshine.
    ~ H.L. Mencken

The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.
    ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

I believe that the very purpose of life is to seek happiness.
    ~ Dalai Lama
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    "Why are we here?" That profound question can be answered in three easy words: TO WORSHIP ME.
    ~ Judy Tenuta

HA! :D
    wah
  • Options
    Let there be spaces in your togetherness.

And let the winds of heavens dance between you.

Love one another, but make not a bond of love:

Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.

~ Kahlil Gibran
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    The truth is not already given to you; you have to create it. In a way, each moment you are creating yourself.
    ~ Osho

Man is born as a tabula rasa, a clean slate; nothing is written on it. You have to write everything that you want to write on it; it is going to be your creation.
    ~ Osho

Creating a painting is nothing. Creating a poem is nothing, creating music is nothing compared to creating yourself, creating your consciousness, creating your very being.
    ~ Osho
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Look at the trees, look at the birds, look at the clouds, look at the stars . . . and if you have eyes you will be able to see that the whole of existence is joyful. Everything is simply happy.

In Latin there is a dictum: agere sequitur esse - to do follows to be; action follows being. It is tremendously beautiful. Don't try to change your action - try to find out your being, and action will follow. The action is secondary; being is primary. Action is something that you do; being is something that you are.

Love always thinks of the other; ego only thinks of oneself. Love is always considerate; ego is absolutely inconsiderate. Ego has only one language and that is of self. Ego always uses the other; love is ready to be used, love is ready to serve.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    brother123 wrote:
    yet again another thread i've seen a billion times

now there's a lame quote

how about

"Taste Death, Live Life"

from the movie..............? Crap, I forget. Snow school or ski instructor.....somebody help me out, it is a comedy about ski instructors
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    The purpose of life is to live it as fully as possible, and to be grateful every day for the privilege of sharing.
    ~ Leonard Bernstein

There ain't no answer. There ain't ever going to be any answer. There has never been an answer. That's the answer.
    ~ Gertrude Stein

As long as you live, keep learning how to live.
    ~ Seneca
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    "If Jesus was hung, would we pray to a rope?"

Gordon Downie
    lead singer
    The Tragically Hip
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.
    ~ Erich Fromm

Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself.
    ~ Richard Bach

The enjoyment of the journey comes by learning to love myself despite my imperfections, limitations and vulnerabilities.
    ~ Marge Schneider
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Life is a succession of experiences sprinkled with emotions, people, places, adventures, triumphs, wonders, disappointments, puzzlements, injustices, loves, losses, and, if you pay attention, lessons that make the journey that much more savory and easily navigable along the way.
    ~ Erika Lenkert
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    If we search outside ourselves for the meaning of life, we tend never to find it. But if we center ourselves and look for meaning in life, it's always waiting for us, right here in the present moment.
    ~ Bo Lozoff

I find that when we really love and accept and approve of ourselves exactly as we are, then everything in life works.
    ~ Louise Hay

Even if the patterns of my life do not conform to my preconceived vision of how I wished or expected things to be, every moment is a learning opportunity. Every moment is scared. Every moment offers me a unique challenge. And, no matter how much I may protest, every moment is perfect for me at that time.
    ~ Jeffrey Mishlove

There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings for us to learn from.
    ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    There comes a time when it lies within a man's grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes it to be. Only the weak blame parents, the times, lack of good fortune, or quirks of fate.
    ~ Louis L'Amour

Living on this earth is such a rich experience. If we stand back from our lives, sounds, sights and smells, experiences profane and sublime whirl and blend deliciously into a tapestry of lush colors and multiple textures. If we stand farther back and look in, we can see how our life is a shining thread in a larger tapestry, the fabric of all life.
    ~ Erin Everett

The meaning of our life is to experience all the divinity of ourselves and of all creatures.
    ~ Willigis Jager
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    DuhonDuhon Posts: 105
    "If you can't criticize the president during war, doesn't that encourage him to BE at war?" - Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    "Oh...when it looks like that, I can't stop making out with it." ~ RC
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it’s not true. I have the heart of a young boy in a jar on my desk" -Stephen King

"I never think of the future - it comes soon enough." - Albert Einstein

"I've had a wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." - Groucho Marx

"My one regret in life is that I'm not somebody else." - Woody Allen

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

"When you are down and out, something always turns up - usually the noses
    of your friends." - Orson Welles

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". --Gandhi
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
    Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    (To a Liverpool F.C trainee) "The problem with you, son, is that all your brains are in your head."
    Bill Shankly - Liverpool Football club manager 1959 - 1974