Options

compliments

124»

Comments

• Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    Marc Jacobs, to die for.. god if I had a boat load of money, all my clothes would be MJ.. mmmmm.. do smell it, its so wonderful! I have the original, but daisy is very pretty too
    i became addicted to all things marc when i lived in miami...i always dig around on the sale racks at blommingdales, nordstrom, and the like...i've acquired quite the small collection for not too much out of my pocket, considering.

now i really want his daisy perfume!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    i always wear clinique happy...i get it every year for christmas from my mom. i've received so many compliments from wearing it...even when i was working in a sports bar and smelled of wings all day.

i especially loved the time that my ridiculously attractive regional manager said every time he smelled that perfume it reminded him of me...sigh. so sad he's married ;)
    The one I wore was Burberry London... not even expensive, average price. I worked with a couple of girls at the time who, whenever I wore it, literally followed me around the place sniffing me :D . One of them kept forgetting the name and eventually just told me to buy it for her and she'd give me the money cos she needed it :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    He also bought his wife a bottle :p He's living a lie...

That's an evil power women have.... perfume smell is a big reminder... I told my last gf that I would never buy her a perfume that my last ex gf wore.... heh she found it weird. *shrug*
    smell is a pretty powerful sense. I could buy a deodorant tomorrow, forgetting it was the one I wore 8 years ago... and it will bring me right back to lying on Manhatten Beach in LA on my way to the airport... or some other special memory. It's fantastic when this happens :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    i'm going to have to second graysaturday w/ the marc jacobs perfume. i like the original...and i like his new perfume "daisy" too. smell for yourself, as i have a bit of a love affair with all things marc jacobs :)
    Daisy is my new obsession - I love the scent - and the adorable daisies on the top of the bottle don't hurt :o
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    i always hold the door open for people...a small gesture, but i like to do it for people.
    this is also my favorite time of year to work retail...crazy i know...but i really enjoy helping people to find gifts for people. just generally going out of my way to make the madness of holiday shopping a little less stressful for people. i love it!

i always worked retail while i taught, this is actually the first holiday season in i can't even remember how long that i am NOT working retail! while i loved it while i did it, can't say i miss it really either. :p it's nice to have a totally relaxed apporach around the holidays, and so much TIME! granted, i always did my shopping before thanksgiving, still do....and get everything prepared/ready early so i may savor and fully enjoy the season....but yes, i ALWAYS adored helping people find the *perfect gift*....or even the perfect *something* for themselves the rest of the year. tis a gift to do that really. ;) i stilll do so, i just don't get to do so for all that many people, and i of course don't charge for it. :p

back to compliments though, it really DOES make the day for everyone involved!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    awww sweet post :)

it's amazing how much a compliment can lift one's mood... i esp. like receiving them from customers during this crazy time of year... makes the day for sure
    wah
  • Options
    awww sweet post :)

it's amazing how much a compliment can lift one's mood...

indeed! :)
    i got a bunch today...and totally sweet! :D as our holiday party is this evening, i dressed up a bit more for work. got compliments on my beautiful jacket a few times over.....on my hair.....and on my legs. ;) haha. today is the first time i've worn a short skirt to work, but no worries.....no sexual harassment cases....it was female coworkers. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I had an attractive woman at a house party tell her friend, in earshot, that it was ok that I stole her turn at guitar hero, b/c I was hot. That's about the best I've done in a while.

I always feel awkward complimenting women, esp if I dont' know them really well....I LOVE giving them...but comments in this thread have confirmed what I'm always worried about - women think it's creepy half the time.
  • Options
    Strippers always smell nice.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."