Options

compliments

Comments

• Options
    bunch of freaks.

*resuming replica 1/64 scale civil war ammo shop built entirely out of popsicle sticks and q-tips*
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,505
    vital5 wrote:
    *hides the chianti* :p

quid pro quo:)
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Now that would just be hot! :D;)

true, cuz as with everything, depends who is licking :p
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    true, cuz as with everything, depends who is licking :p

Well...just the thought of someone licking my neck is giving me goosebumps.
    <shivers>

Can we please change the subject?!!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Can we please change the subject?!!
    and why the hell for? lol :p
  • Options
    Yeah, it was totally creepy. And, for the record...I do smell amazing.
    I don't think it's creepy :o some guy walked past me at the train station yesterday and I almost stalked him cos he smelled so good :o . Smells can be sooooooooo sexy!

There was one perfume I used to wear and I often got compliments on it... in the pub, at work, on the street and ALWAYS by men :D . Often they wanted to know what it was so they could buy for their wife/girlfriend which is fair enough. I must buy that one again :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I went to a work seminar a while ago. The lady was talking about giving and receiving compliments.

One thing she said was that if you are giving a compliment, you should not compliment things like clothing or inanimate objects. You are basically "that is a nice shirt", and complimenting the shirt.

She said it is more appropriate to say "you look fantastic in that shirt" or "you have fantastic taste in clothes". That way you are complimenting the person and not the object.

It was a really fascinating seminar. I have lots of little tips from this lady, but that one really made sense to me.

She had lots of rules for receiving compliments. I just ignore those. :D
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    I don't think it's creepy :o some guy walked past me at the train station yesterday and I almost stalked him cos he smelled so good :o . Smells can be sooooooooo sexy!

There was one perfume I used to wear and I often got compliments on it... in the pub, at work, on the street and ALWAYS by men :D . Often they wanted to know what it was so they could buy for their wife/girlfriend which is fair enough. I must buy that one again :)
    Did the man have a bag of fresh pork pies? :p hehe
  • Options
    Now that would just be hot! :D;)
    *licks his own neck* :eek:
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784

i always wear clinique happy...i get it every year for christmas from my mom. i've received so many compliments from wearing it...even when i was working in a sports bar and smelled of wings all day.

i especially loved the time that my ridiculously attractive regional manager said every time he smelled that perfume it reminded him of me...sigh. so sad he's married ;)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    i always wear clinique happy...i get it every year for christmas from my mom. i've received so many compliments from wearing it...even when i was working in a sports bar and smelled of wings all day.

i especially loved the time that my ridiculously attractive regional manager said every time he smelled that perfume it reminded him of me...sigh. so sad he's married

i used to ALWAYS wear that perfume, and got lots of compliments too!
    for years now tho, i've been wearing - ironically ;) - 'dream' and/or 'dream more' from the gap. it smells like heaven and i get even MORE compliments on it, and yes, absolute strangers stopping to tell me how good i smell. :D

btw - i love, love, LOVE to give compliments. i try and at least say one nice thing to at least one person every day, friend or stranger...or both. :p and no, not BS.....it must be genuine. it's amazing how much it brightens someone's day when people 'notice' good things about them, no matter what it is. i also try and always offer genuine thanks when someone helps me out, does me a favor, gives a tip, assists on a project, teaches me something new, whatever. goes right along with holding doors open, letting someone ahead of you in line, etc.

it *IS* the little niceities of everyday living that makes living every day a joy. happiness IS a choice.

how i choose to feel is how i am. :)
    and sure, genuine compliments always feel so damn good, to give and to get. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    iamsampj wrote:

i especially loved the time that my ridiculously attractive regional manager said every time he smelled that perfume it reminded him of me...sigh. so sad he's married ;)
    He also bought his wife a bottle :p He's living a lie...

That's an evil power women have.... perfume smell is a big reminder... I told my last gf that I would never buy her a perfume that my last ex gf wore.... heh she found it weird. *shrug*
  • Options
    i used to ALWAYS wear that perfume, and got lots of compliments too!
    for years now tho, i've been wearing - ironically ;) - 'dream' and/or 'dream more' from the gap. it smells like heaven and i get even MORE compliments on it, and yes, absolute strangers stopping to tell me how good i smell. :D

btw - i love, love, LOVE to give compliments. i try and at least say one nice thing to at least one person every day, friend or stranger...or both. :p and no, not BS.....it must be genuine. it's amazing how much it brightens someone's day when people 'notice' good things about them, no matter what it is. i also try and always offer genuine thanks when someone helps me out, does me a favor, gives a tip, assists on a project, teaches me something new, whatever. goes right along with holding doors open, letting someone ahead of you in line, etc.

it *IS* the little niceities of everyday living that makes living every day a joy. happiness IS a choice.

how i choose to feel is how i am. :)
    and sure, genuine compliments always feel so damn good, to give and to get. :D
    i always hold the door open for people...a small gesture, but i like to do it for people.
    this is also my favorite time of year to work retail...crazy i know...but i really enjoy helping people to find gifts for people. just generally going out of my way to make the madness of holiday shopping a little less stressful for people. i love it!
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    vital5 wrote:
    He also bought his wife a bottle :p He's living a lie...

That's an evil power women have.... perfume smell is a big reminder... I told my last gf that I would never buy her a perfume that my last ex gf wore.... heh she found it weird. *shrug*

that's true. my stomach drops when i smell the perfume my ex wore. it's like an unwanted and painful nostalgia trip instantly. it sucks becos that scene is fantastic. i don't even know what it was.

the stuff my gf wears is awful. it's this caustic fruity stuff... smells more like cologne than perfume to me.
  • Options
    that's true. my stomach drops when i smell the perfume my ex wore. it's like an unwanted and painful nostalgia trip instantly. it sucks becos that scene is fantastic. i don't even know what it was.

the stuff my gf wears is awful. it's this caustic fruity stuff... smells more like cologne than perfume to me.
    Where's Al Pacino when you need him?
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    vital5 wrote:
    Where's Al Pacino when you need him?

i assume you're talking about scent of a woman? i've never seen it...
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:

Hey, me too! I'm in the market for a new smell, though...anyone have recommendations on perfumes?

• Options
    I love my perfume.. I think it smells awesome, its Marc Jacobs. I know what you mean though about smelling a person and being instantly brought back to a time. That happens to me with a few things. But its not always people either, somethings remind me of a certain time or place..
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:

That's not exclusive to women. The olfactory (aka "smells") gland is directly connected to the memory area of the brain...which is why smells trigger memories.

"Odor information is easily stored in long-term memory and has strong connections to emotional memory. This is possibly due to the olfactory system's close anatomical ties to the limbic system and hippocampus, areas of the brain that have long been known to be involved in emotion and place memory, respectively."

That will conclude today's science class. Thank you.

• Options
    That's not exclusive to women. The olfactory (aka "smells) gland is directly connected to the memory area of the brain...which is why smells trigger memories.

smarty pants! Did you see my thread on the porch about playing PJ for prestyn, Mer?
  • Options
    smarty pants! Did you see my thread on the porch about playing PJ for prestyn, Mer?

Nope!! I missed it!! I'll have to go check it out!

• Options
    Nope!! I missed it!! I'll have to go check it out!

I think its on page two now.. not many people seemed to have cared about it. haha!
  • Options
    That's not exclusive to women. The olfactory (aka "smells") gland is directly connected to the memory area of the brain...which is why smells trigger memories.

"Odor information is easily stored in long-term memory and has strong connections to emotional memory. This is possibly due to the olfactory system's close anatomical ties to the limbic system and hippocampus, areas of the brain that have long been known to be involved in emotion and place memory, respectively."

No i guess it wouldn't be exclusive.... :p
    anyone have recommendations on perfumes?
    Eau de Vital5..... :D
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:

Eau de Vital5..... :D
    Never heard of it! :D

• Options
    I think its on page two now.. not many people seemed to have cared about it. haha!
    I care! And I posted!

• Options
    Hey, me too! I'm in the market for a new smell, though...anyone have recommendations on perfumes?
    i'm going to have to second graysaturday w/ the marc jacobs perfume. i like the original...and i like his new perfume "daisy" too. smell for yourself, as i have a bit of a love affair with all things marc jacobs :)
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    i'm going to have to second graysaturday w/ the marc jacobs perfume. i like the original...and i like his new perfume "daisy" too. smell for yourself, as i have a bit of a love affair with all things marc jacobs :)

I got a $100 giftcard from Nordstroms for my bday. I still haven't used it yet...in fear of the mall during the Christmas season. But, I will DEFINITELY be checking out Marc Jacobs. :D I can't wait...I'm excited for the prospect of a new smell!!! :)

• Options
    Never heard of it! :D
    It's very Exclusive :)
  • Options
    I got a $100 giftcard from Nordstroms for my bday. I still haven't used it yet...in fear of the mall during the Christmas season. But, I will DEFINITELY be checking out Marc Jacobs. :D I can't wait...I'm excited for the prospect of a new smell!!! :)

Marc Jacobs, to die for.. god if I had a boat load of money, all my clothes would be MJ.. mmmmm.. do smell it, its so wonderful! I have the original, but daisy is very pretty too
  • Options
    Marc Jacobs, to die for.. god if I had a boat load of money, all my clothes would be MJ.. mmmmm.. do smell it, its so wonderful! I have the original, but daisy is very pretty too

Well, in case I might run into at a nanny convention (like they have those)....I'll be sure to wear a different smell that day!