Options

compliments

Comments

• Options
    Hmm...I've considered becoming a midwife...but never having had any children, wouldn't that seem hypocritical?

Actually, not at all. There are plenty of midwives who have never had children. Sometimes I wonder if the job has put them off though lol. I must say, it's a pretty amazing job. I love what I do and it's bloody unreal that I look forward to going to work. Go ahead and do it, the world needs more midwives!!!!!!!
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Actually, not at all. There are plenty of midwives who have never had children. Sometimes I wonder if the job has put them off though lol. I must say, it's a pretty amazing job. I love what I do and it's bloody unreal that I look forward to going to work. Go ahead and do it, the world needs more midwives!!!!!!!

The other thing, though, is that if I did have kids...I'd be all doped up. For me personally, I'm all about "No pain".
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    The other day I waited on three ladies and when I came back with their food, Lady 1 said "Ok, now look up." So I did. Then she said "now look at Jane & Betty." The other two women, obviously, so I did. And then Jane & Betty both said, "Oh, yes, you're right! She has amazing eyes!" They thought I have beautiful eyes (I do). But that made me feel really good!
    Aww no fair.. i'm a fan of gorgeous eyes... i wanna see! heh
  • Options
    He SOUNDED sincere. But, then again...it was 7am and I was half asleep still.
    My brother told me how he was walking behind a woman one day and she smelt nice so he told her... I thought it was weird :p
  • Options
    The other thing, though, is that if I did have kids...I'd be all doped up. For me personally, I'm all about "No pain".

Well, when the time comes, check out hypnobirthing. My sister used it and when she told me about it, I practically laughed my head off at her having been through childbirth myself. But then I witnessed her using it in labour, and I swear, it was a totally pain free experience for her. No drugs whatsoever, I shit you not.
  • Options
    Well, when the time comes, check out hypnobirthing. My sister used it and when she told me about it, I practically laughed my head off at her having been through childbirth myself. But then I witnessed her using it in labour, and I swear, it was a totally pain free experience for her. No drugs whatsoever, I shit you not.

Ok...maybe I didn't explain my pain tolerance very well. I cry when I get blood drawn.

• Options
    Hmm...I've considered becoming a midwife...but never having had any children, wouldn't that seem hypocritical?

On the contrary, I would think that many women become midwives when they are unable to have children.... seems logical to me.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    It is nice when people compliment you. I try to do that because I know from experience that it can make a difference in someone's day. My dad was in the Optimist Club and I always loved their "creed". :)

The Optimist Creed

Promise Yourself-

To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

THAT! is one of THE Coolest things I've ever read in my life :D

How do I join the club? I could use me a good dose of optimism!!

I'd bet your Dad (and his fellow O Clubbers) were/are a big happy bunch of successful people!!
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    Ok...maybe I didn't explain my pain tolerance very well. I cry when I get blood drawn.
    I like the fact i'm not scared of the blood needle.... or the dentist needle :p

I'm like bring it on! well not in a sick way.. i just know i can handle it :p
  • Options

Well, pain is very much a subjective thing. It's also a cultural thing. I've seen some asian and muslim women labour who barely make a sound. I've seen sudanese women leap into the air like leopards at the height of their contractions. And I've seen western women who demand the epidural at the first sign of a niggle. It's all about what you know. In the west, we create a pretty scary picture of childbirth. Pretty much every depiction of it involves women writhing around on the bed screaming in pain. We hear our mothers stories of the horrors if childbirth, so it sets up a real fear in us. Hypnobirthing addresses that.
    What you need to do for yourself in labour is not the same as what you need to do for a woman in labour as a midwife. As long as you can be sensitive to what SHE needs, your own perception of pain doesn't come into it. What I love most about this job, is that it keeps you completely present, in the moment. You are unable to think of anything but what you are doing and you are always totally focussed. It's probably why most women remember their midwives, because they are really present with them.
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    It is nice when people compliment you. I try to do that because I know from experience that it can make a difference in someone's day. My dad was in the Optimist Club and I always loved their "creed". :)

The Optimist Creed

Promise Yourself-

To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
    Creed :eek: didn't they break up?

Oh and this oozes either religious cult... or people being high ;)

which was your dad into? kidding ;)
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    amentschik

you were a breath of fresh air for the creepy stranger who said you smelled good because I've noticed when I'm out (esp. the grocery store around here), so many people have smelly hair :(

and i mean you do not have to be close to them either
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    My brother told me how he was walking behind a woman one day and she smelt nice so he told her... I thought it was weird :p
    what's weird is when you have a guy actually SMELL you in line, that happened to me at a coffeeshop. dude was up on my neck sniffing :eek: freak lol
  • Options
    what's weird is when you have a guy actually SMELL you in line, that happened to me at a coffeeshop. dude was up on my neck sniffing :eek: freak lol
    I do that all the time.... kidding ;) yes that is weird .. where do some people get the idea that it's okay?!?!?!?! Who brought them up? :eek:

you obviously loved it.. you laughed out loud ;) was he hot? :p

hoping my brother wasn't THAT close!
  • Options

I probably would've kicked him and ran! LOL!!

• Options
    vital5 wrote:
    I do that all the time.... kidding ;) yes that is weird .. where do some people get the idea that it's okay?!?!?!?! Who brought them up? :eek:

you obviously loved it.. you laughed out loud ;) was he hot? :p

hoping my brother wasn't THAT close!
    he must have been brought up by rabid ferrets or something. i've no idea where he got the impression that was okay!

i gave him this sideways look when i turned out and he got startled....i don't even remember if he was hot or hot, i was too busy being freaked out lol

and AC yeah if it wasn't for the fact i needed my coffee i would have ran lol
  • Options
    he must have been brought up by rabid ferrets or something. i've no idea where he got the impression that was okay!

i gave him this sideways look when i turned out and he got startled....i don't even remember if he was hot or hot, i was too busy being freaked out lol

and AC yeah if it wasn't for the fact i needed my coffee i would have ran lol

Did you read my post about when I stopped for coffee and a guy told me I smelled great?? Maybe it was the same guy?! :eek:

• Options
    Did you read my post about when I stopped for coffee and a guy told me I smelled great?? Maybe it was the same guy?! :eek:
    i missed that one! but yeah, maybe there is a guy out there who just runs around coffee shops sniffing :eek:
  • Options
    i missed that one! but yeah, maybe there is a guy out there who just runs around coffee shops sniffing :eek:
    maybe he is from this board.. and only sniffs people who post here? :eek:

hands up all the neck sniffing weirdoes :p
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    maybe he is from this board.. and only sniffs people who post here? :eek:

Yeah, just sniffs cute California 10C girls. Hmm...now that you mention one particular Pit member recently asked me what I smell like (no, seriously, it happened)...it's all coming together!

• Options
    Yeah, just sniffs cute California 10C girls. Hmm...now that you mention one particular Pit member recently asked me what I smell like (no, seriously, it happened)...it's all coming together!
    I might sniff some women on the way home tonight..... errr no lol
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,505

Thats fuckin creepy.

Unless he was talking about your perfume or something.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Thats fuckin creepy.

Unless he was talking about your perfume or something.

Yeah, it was totally creepy. And, for the record...I do smell amazing.

• Options

"You use Evian skin cream, and sometimes you wear L'Air du Temps, but not today..... "
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    my friend was showing her friend I don't know pictures from her wedding. she got to one picture of me and her friend goes, "who is that? she is so beautiful!" my friend emailed me right after and told me...I'm just kinda shocked by it....
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    "You use Evian skin cream, and sometimes you wear L'Air du Temps, but not today..... "

Ok...NOW I'm officially creeped out. Thanks, Hann Hedd, for denying me the gift of sleep tonight. :eek:

• Options
    Ok...NOW I'm official creeped out. Thanks, Hann Hedd, for denying me the gift of sleep tonight. :eek:

Dont worry. After three days of no sleep, you start to roll with it.

Which is what Im currently going through.

Damn vigilante and all.....
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    don't go smelling too amazing.. you'll have guys coming up and LICKING your neck next :D hahaha
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Dont worry. After three days of no sleep, you start to roll with it.

Which is what Im currently going through.

Damn vigilante and all.....
    *hides the chianti* :p
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    don't go smelling too amazing.. you'll have guys coming up and LICKING your neck next :D hahaha

Now that would just be hot! :D;)