I'm so happy about the Louisville victory I'm going to set my couch on fire!!

124»

Comments

• fanch75 wrote:
    Kudos to you, dude! I wish I could have been there. Hopefully, we'll be at the WVU-UL game in the ville next season.

As far as Koach wearing white during the blackout game....just speculating, but Rodriguez did a similar thing during WVU's yellow "goldrush" theme. He said he wore dark colors so that Pat White could easily spot him in a split second against the sea of yellow (for the purposes of calling in plays). I'm speculating that Koach did the same thing, wearing white against a sea of black.

Well...maybe he's smarter than I thought.....anyway...I have faith in Cantwell next season...hell, he's won every game he's started....plus he'll have a full season of Krag's coaching under him....I hope to god we find some receivers next year...as the seniors walked across the field Thursday night I was getting nervous!
    "It's all happening"
  • fanch75 wrote:

The Bad:

A bowl invitation is on life support, as it's possible but highly unlikely. At 6-6, they are bowl eligible but there are a lot of 7-5 teams ahead of them.

Rushing the field after beating Rutgers to finish 6-6? How far they have fallen. Hopefully, this was in support of the seniors who had such a disappointing season....and not a reflection of excitement over beating a mediocre Rutgers at home.

The Ugly:

A huge FUCK YOU to the "fans" who left after the first quarter. Granted, it was 21-3 on a Thursday and it was cold, but what a pathetic show of support to these seniors who accomplished so much in the last four years (current season not withstanding). I bet Brohm, the city's favorite son, felt let down by a stadium less than half full as he led the comeback victory. You "fans" showed why UL is still smalltime football and not ready for the big time, and I bet the 120 potential recruits who were there left the stadium less impressed than before they came in.

What do ya expect? Most ville fans are bandwagon jumpers. Sad but true. When the goin got rough this year, the ship was empty.
    If ole krags gets it turned around, just wait, that place will be full of "diehard" fans. lol.
  • What do ya expect? Most ville fans are bandwagon jumpers. Sad but true. When the goin got rough this year, the ship was empty.
    If ole krags gets it turned around, just wait, that place will be full of "diehard" fans. lol.

that goes for any team....Kentucky included.
    "It's all happening"
  • that goes for any team....Kentucky included.

Not really. Hell all the years we've SUCKED, we still get bout 55,00 at a game.
  • Not really. Hell all the years we've SUCKED, we still get bout 55,00 at a game.

5500....ha, I won't argue that.
    "It's all happening"
  • 55000....ha, I won't argue that.

It was meant to say 55,000.

Here are the numbers. I was pretty close:

"Excellent attendance figures also have gone hand-in-hand with Kentucky football and Commonwealth Stadium. The Wildcats have averaged 54,037 fans in the 150 contests at Commonwealth since its inception. In fact, 8,105,510 spectators have witnessed Kentucky football at Commonwealth Stadium -- that's more than twice the population of Kentucky."

Which of course was before it expanded to 67,606

http://football.ballparks.com/NCAA/SEC/Kentucky/index.htm
  • Ahh a card fan tryin to be funny again.

Here are the numbers. I was pretty close:

"Excellent attendance figures also have gone hand-in-hand with Kentucky football and Commonwealth Stadium. The Wildcats have averaged 54,037 fans in the 150 contests at Commonwealth since its inception. In fact, 8,105,510 spectators have witnessed Kentucky football at Commonwealth Stadium -- that's more than twice the population of Kentucky."

http://football.ballparks.com/NCAA/SEC/Kentucky/index.htm

I saw your "Huh?" post before you edited it....little slow aren't ya...most cat fans are, but...

is this counting the years, they gave tickets away? The UK fans still file out at halftime like any other team if they're down enough.
    "It's all happening"
  • The UK fans still file out at halftime like any other team if they're down enough.

LOL.. Ok.. lol

Talk bout slow... We are talking about your so called fans leaving after the first QUARTER according to fanch75. He never mentioned Half Time. LOL.

What's even funnier is all the talk of expanding the oven. That is hilarious!!!
  • LOL.. Ok.. lol

Talk bout slow... We are talking about your so called fans leaving after the first QUARTER according to fanch75. He never mentioned Half Time. LOL.

What's even funnier is all the talk of expanding the oven. That is hilarious!!!

It was 25 degrees, and on a Thursday night as well.
    "It's all happening"
  • It was 25 degrees, and on a Thursday night as well.

Ahh come on man. Don't use excuses. And for the record... It was 35. They even harped on that on ESPN. LOL
    owell...
  • Ahh come on man. Don't use excuses. And for the record... It was 35. They even harped on that on ESPN. LOL
    owell...

Wildcat fans like yourself obviously can't be reasoned with...I give up....I'm sure I've been to more wildcat games than you this year however.
    "It's all happening"
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    UL great Chris Redman will be the starting QB for the Falcons this Monday night. He played for one year under Petrino when Petrino was the OC. Redman has not played in three years and was selling insurance door to door during last season. Let's root for Chris, he knows this is his one shot and he's a great, down to earth guy who did a lot for UL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Am4mHnHpV99eE0OgFvhrzS5DubYF?slug=ap-falcons-qb&prov=ap&type=lgns
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    Bobby Petrino, in the Ozarks of Arkansas, squealing like a pig for money on national television.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p7x3x6QHlrA
  • fanch75 wrote:
    Bobby Petrino, in the Ozarks of Arkansas, squealing like a pig for money on national television.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p7x3x6QHlrA

Fanch, you gotta let it go. Look to the future with me. I'm with Krag this year.....baby steps....let's just try and do better than 6-6 this time around.
    "It's all happening"
    I'm trying. With RRod's recent Petrino-esque screwing of WVU, the memories all came back again.

I liked Koach's pressers regarding staying and his commitment. I like the promotion of Jeff Brohm to OC (mainly due to the firing of Stubbs as OC). I hope we again see the unpredictable pro-style power attack we grew spoiled by. With Cantwell throwing and the awesome 2007 recruiting class entering its sophomore year, I hope to see the offense be powerful and the defense to step up.

All the JUCOs we're looking at makes me a bit nervous, but we should get most of the good ones (we're competing against the Marshalls etc for those). The recruiting class is shaping up as solid, one four-star commitment so far.

If we hire a good DC, have a good recruiting winter, and keep transfers at a minimum, I'd say we are in good shape for next year. I'll also say with Urrutia announcing he's going to the NFL early, that's an addition with a subtraction....all of those drops cost us the UK game. Who's going to draft a receiver who can't catch and is afraid to get hit?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    fanch75 wrote:
    I'm trying. With RRod's recent Petrino-esque screwing of WVU, the memories all came back again.

I liked Koach's pressers regarding staying and his commitment. I like the promotion of Jeff Brohm to OC (mainly due to the firing of Stubbs as OC). I hope we again see the unpredictable pro-style power attack we grew spoiled by. With Cantwell throwing and the awesome 2007 recruiting class entering its sophomore year, I hope to see the offense be powerful and the defense to step up.

All the JUCOs we're looking at makes me a bit nervous, but we should get most of the good ones (we're competing against the Marshalls etc for those). The recruiting class is shaping up as solid, one four-star commitment so far.

If we hire a good DC, have a good recruiting winter, and keep transfers at a minimum, I'd say we are in good shape for next year. I'll also say with Urrutia announcing he's going to the NFL early, that's an addition with a subtraction....all of those drops cost us the UK game. Who's going to draft a receiver who can't catch and is afraid to get hit?

Rich Mckay..... IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • fanch75 wrote:

I'm ready for a good DC as well. I want some hungry guy from like Division 2 or something.....somebody with something to prove you know. Our defense cost us several games this year....the offense was still solid....but when it slipped a little, the defense just wasn't there to pick up the slack.....had it been, we may be playing in a bowl.
    "It's all happening"
    For the first time in a while, it's a good day to be a UL football fan.

1) Hiring of Ron English of Michigan as the DC. This is a GREAT hire for UL. He's young, firey, and can change things up....I fully expect UL to be a stepping stone for English but let's enjoy him while we have him. Great hire....good work, Mr. Jurich.

2) Former QB & UL great Chris Redman (still holds all the records - even Brian Brohm couldn't touch them) was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week. 250 yards, 4 TD's, no interceptions. Hope to see Mr. Redman starting somewhere next year; a great talent that never got a fair chance with his early injuries.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Articles/2008/01/1-6/Redman_named_NFC_Offensive_Player_of_the_Week.aspx
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    UL ought to be tough next year. Hopefully UConn will bounce back from getting trounced by Wake in Charlotte. Either way, I'll be tailgating!
    I love to turn you on
  • yeah, I'm pumped about Ron English. Hopefully he can bring a top defense to the Big East. Still not sure what next year will bring....lots of change...hopefully for the better.

Now WTF is up with our basketball.....I mean...FUCK ME....how many 3's do you have to miss to realize IT AIN'T FUCKING WORKING FOR YA!!!!! Damnit Sosa...pass the goddamn ball to Padgett we only needed one fucking point....not a 3 pointer....YOU'RE NOT A FUCKING CLUTCH HERO...YOU PROVED THAT IN THE TOURNEY LAST YEAR....GIVE THE FUCKING BALL TO PADGETT OR T-WILL. Sorry....but I can't stand CINCY. End rant.
    "It's all happening"
  • Okay, basketball is now halfway to 20 wins....and a win against the Rivals at Rupp was a crowd pleaser.....time to focus on the conference. Gotta Fuck up the Mountaineers and Huggins this Thursday .
    "It's all happening"
    ewww...sorry about that last night Fanch!!! :D
    I love to turn you on
    Yeah, right.....

haha

good game. it went to the wire, tho I'm disappointed with the result obviously.

I still can't figure out why Pitino won't put Padgett & Caracter in at the same time.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Yeah, right.....

haha

good game. it went to the wire, tho I'm disappointed with the result obviously.

I still can't figure out why Pitino won't put Padgett & Caracter in at the same time.

I almost threw my remote through the tv last night when austrie turned it over with less than 40 seconds to play. i didn't see the whole game, but jaysus padgett seems like he's been there for 10 years now!!! this should be an awesome tournament in March.
    I love to turn you on
    I think Padgett is like 45 years old.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    I always wondered if fanch really did set his couch on fire
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I always wondered if fanch really did set his couch on fire
    :corn:
    81 is now off the air