I'm so happy about the Louisville victory I'm going to set my couch on fire!!

Comments

• WVU 38 UL 28

Offense getting back on track, but the Cards just have no D.
  • Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i almost burned my couch when i realized osu-wisc was not being televised. how are there 2 shitty big ten teams on national tv today but not the 2 ranked ones?
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    UL had WVU on the ropes...right until the end...God that was a heartbreaker!
    I love to turn you on
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    What a game. Who knows how many calories I burned watching that thing. UL was down by 17 in the 3rd quarter and came roaring back to tie it, only to have Pat White scramble to a 50 yard TD with 90 seconds left.

Incredible game, but it wore me out.

I have hopes that UL can go on to beat Rutgers (home) & South Florida (away), but that's a long road to walk.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    Hey if we can do it, anyone can. I mean really. Anything can happen in this league. We have a huge game tomorrow vs. Cincy.
    I love to turn you on
  • fanch75 wrote:
    What a game. Who knows how many calories I burned watching that thing. UL was down by 17 in the 3rd quarter and came roaring back to tie it, only to have Pat White scramble to a 50 yard TD with 90 seconds left.

Incredible game, but it wore me out.

I have hopes that UL can go on to beat Rutgers (home) & South Florida (away), but that's a long road to walk.

I hear that brotha.....we had more than enough opportunities to win that game. The Rivalry continues!!!
    "It's all happening"
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    West Virginia fans are ignorant hilljacks. Don't care about Louisville or Cinci.

Edit: Can I say "ignorant hilljacks" on this board or will that result in another suspension?
  • Odin wrote:
    Edit: Can I say "ignorant hilljacks" on this board or will that result in another suspension?

Only if it offends somebody on the board. But I agree with you, and WVU fans can't read, so I think you're clear.

Hey Fanch, We are officially a Bowl Bubble Team!!!!
    "It's all happening"
    UL - South Florida

Predictions?

I say UL by 13.
  • fanch75 wrote:
    UL - South Florida

Predictions?

I say UL by 13.

we need these last two games. I was looking at the standing today, and a best case scenario for the Cards at this point is to finish 3rd the the conference. I think the cards will pull it out tonight...they played well against WVU on the road last week, and USF has been slacking off since their game with Rutgers. I'm nervous about not having Peanut Whitehead on defense anymore...he did a lot....so I'm gonna say the Ville tonight by 7.
    "It's all happening"
  • Well, Basketball season is looking very promising.....Would like to see a UNC vs Ville match up in that tourney.
    "It's all happening"
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Well, Basketball season is looking very promising.....Would like to see a UNC vs Ville match up in that tourney.

GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!

a New York Tarheel???....how do you not get beat up on a daily basis?
    "It's all happening"
    a New York Tarheel???....how do you not get beat up on a daily basis?

nyc tarheel 4 life :)

beat up? not at all

people respect greatness
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    nyc tarheel 4 life :)

beat up? not at all

people respect greatness

yeah, cause that win over Davidson was "Great" what was it like a 2 or 3 point victory?
    "It's all happening"
    yeah, cause that win over Davidson was "Great" what was it like a 2 or 3 point victory?

its good to have tough games early ,,better than blowouts
    it teaches u how to win in the tourney

davidson is a good team ,, 29 wins last year and all starters back

its great to be ranked #1

but just get me to the tourney w/ no big injuries and we'll see what happens :)
    Back to football, and I"m sure Fanch has no furniture left, but we go down to WVU this weekend for basically the Big East Championship game. Huge underdogs, but hopefully we can make it respectable. Whoever wins goes to the BCS.
    I love to turn you on
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Back to football, and I"m sure Fanch has no furniture left, but we go down to WVU this weekend for basically the Big East Championship game. Huge underdogs, but hopefully we can make it respectable. Whoever wins goes to the BCS.

I'll be rooting for UConn. That way when Boise beats Hawaii, Boise can get a BCS bid too.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:
    I'll be rooting for UConn. That way when Boise beats Hawaii, Boise can get a BCS bid too.

What sucks is if let's say KU and/or LSU and Mizzou lose, then WVU has a shot at being in the BCS Championship game...which I admit would be a crime. But anyway, if that happens, then no other Big East team would play in a New Year's Day bowl. Probably deservingly so, but it still sucks. Here we come, Charlotte!!!
    I love to turn you on
    wow! not happy campers down there in louisville
    I love to turn you on
  • To top it all off, basketball center David Padgett has a broken right knee, and will miss most of the season.....So long David...fix your knees bro...don't come back for a 6th season...it ain't worth it. DC better fucking step his ass up, and watch those fouls....cause Farley can't carry his weight.
    "It's all happening"
    Hey Fanch - any furniture left??? Is your house still standing??? What a win for UL!!! Congrats!
    I love to turn you on
    The Good:

They were down 21-3 and it was looking bad. It was looking blow-out city after the first quarter b/c RU was moving the ball & scoring so easily.

UL managed to come back & win with a last minute FG. It was almost a Rudy moment b/c UL's FG kicker became the all-time NCAA points leader for kickers last night in front of the home crowd, kicking the game winning FG. Not the best season, but it's a win to build on for next year. After being devoid of emotion/effort for three quarters, UL woke up in the 4th quarter and showed what it was capable of. Kudos to Koach for motivating the team to waking up and coming back furiously late for the win.

The Bad:

A bowl invitation is on life support, as it's possible but highly unlikely. At 6-6, they are bowl eligible but there are a lot of 7-5 teams ahead of them.

Rushing the field after beating Rutgers to finish 6-6? How far they have fallen. Hopefully, this was in support of the seniors who had such a disappointing season....and not a reflection of excitement over beating a mediocre Rutgers at home.

The Ugly:

A huge FUCK YOU to the "fans" who left after the first quarter. Granted, it was 21-3 on a Thursday and it was cold, but what a pathetic show of support to these seniors who accomplished so much in the last four years (current season not withstanding). I bet Brohm, the city's favorite son, felt let down by a stadium less than half full as he led the comeback victory. You "fans" showed why UL is still smalltime football and not ready for the big time, and I bet the 120 potential recruits who were there left the stadium less impressed than before they came in.
  • Hey Fanch - any furniture left??? Is your house still standing??? What a win for UL!!! Congrats!

I was wondering the same thing.
    Louisville didn't win that many games.....
  • Fanch, I was there, I was frozen...and I stayed to the end. Gotta love Art Carmody...that was his night!

My biggest question for Coach Krag is....WTF...it's the blackout game...and you wear a white shirt on the sidelines????

But yeah, I'm with ya on the fans rushing the field...I opted not to do that....not the season I had anticipated, but I'm glad the seniors went out on such a high note. they deserved it.
    "It's all happening"
    Fanch, I was there, I was frozen...and I stayed to the end. Gotta love Art Carmody...that was his night!

My biggest question for Coach Krag is....WTF...it's the blackout game...and you wear a white shirt on the sidelines????

Kudos to you, dude! I wish I could have been there. Hopefully, we'll be at the WVU-UL game in the ville next season.

As far as Koach wearing white during the blackout game....just speculating, but Rodriguez did a similar thing during WVU's yellow "goldrush" theme. He said he wore dark colors so that Pat White could easily spot him in a split second against the sea of yellow (for the purposes of calling in plays). I'm speculating that Koach did the same thing, wearing white against a sea of black.