I'm so happy about the Louisville victory I'm going to set my couch on fire!!

Comments

• fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I can forgave the Kentucky and even the Utah loss....but I can't let Syracuse go just yet....it'll take a victory over South Florida to erase that one! Anyway, we're 40 in the BCS rankings, with a lot of room to work with.

It's funny how expectations can drop so quickly....

Going into the season, the goal was a BCS title. Now, a few weeks later, a loss to UTAH at HOME is acceptable? Come on, man. Koach really fucked it up, bad. He can redeem himself, sure, but it's going to take more than beating UC to make that happen.

If South Florida ends up at #1 when we play them and UL wins out, then the season may have a chance.

Scary thought - next year, Brohm, Douglas, and the entire starting offensive line is gone due to graduation. Whoah.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    fanch75 wrote:
    I never thought I'd be so happy to beat UC!

lol
    at least take it outside before you set it on fire.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • yeah, but we're getting a new Defensive Coordinator. Things are gonna get better, just may take a couple of years.
    "It's all happening"
  • fanch75 wrote:
    Scary thought - next year, Brohm, Douglas, and the entire starting offensive line is gone due to graduation. Whoah.

Don't forget our Super Kicker is out of there too....Carmody has really put some points up and saved some games for us!
    "It's all happening"
    Don't forget our Super Kicker is out of there too....Carmody has really put some points up and saved some games for us!

It's just incredible to me that Koach inherited this team, which is largely the same as the Orange Bowl Champions, and just destroyed it in a matter of a few weeks. I realize the lost some extreme talent on defense, but the drop-off should not be THIS bad.

I'd say Petrino is shaking his head at seeing four years of work destroyed this quickly, but he probably is counting his NFL money and doesn't give a damn. The program is a metaphoric burning couch, set ablaze and destroyed in a matter of minutes.

And I said I'd leave Koach alone for the week....sigh...

Well, they did beat a top 15 team on the road, something Petrino never did, and the defense did stop UC when it had to (though allowing nearly 500 yards of offense in the process). We'll see how they do against a decent UConn team on Friday night.
  • he looked like an idiot last night against the Giants. He shows no emotion in the few ATL games I've watched this year. I remember how intense he was with the Cards....I think he knows he fucked up by leaving....but will never admit it. He'll be back in college ball in 2009.
    "It's all happening"
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    well good luck tonight cards...it'll be a bit wet out there tonight!
    I love to turn you on
    While I'm still bitching about the UConn loss....

UL should have been up by more than what they were and hence this should not matter, this is one FUCKED call by the refs that resulted in a falty UConn TD, and UL lost 21-17

Fucked up call:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMf5DZOy3Mg

Apology by the Big East:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=ApbVktZtF509eNLdFJ7njNIcvrYF?slug=ap-louisville-apology&prov=ap&type=lgns
  • I think UConn should be fined for that play, because it was pre-meditated. The Fair-Catch rule is in place for safety reasons, not to be exploited for easy points. The Ref should lose his job, and not be allowed to coach in the NCAA ever again. I'm pissed, but shit like that happens...I have a feeling the Fair Catch will be reviewable next year...perhaps any play being reviewable....way to go UConn you've changed Football history by being an ass.
    "It's all happening"
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • hey Fanch did you read where South Florida's coach is contemplating on having his defense hit Larry Taylor early or even with a Fair Catch Call this weekend, and taking the penalty to prove a point! I hope that fucker gets hurt bad.
    "It's all happening"
  • So...did you end up burning the couch or what?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    jojo wrote:

haha, thanks! that's actually the logo for my fantasy football team (as difficult as that may be to believe).
    hey Fanch did you read where South Florida's coach is contemplating on having his defense hit Larry Taylor early or even with a Fair Catch Call this weekend, and taking the penalty to prove a point! I hope that fucker gets hurt bad.

Really? Do you have a link for that?
    I've been waitin' for you boys to start thrashing about this...not a good call, and I don't think we've heard the last out of UConn's camp on this. From someone who used to play there and was at the game and still has soaked shoes, I can tell you it's not the way we want to start a comeback OR play the game, period. That one play didn't win/lose the game though. It's unfortunate, because it's not something a Husky fan feels good about. We want to win by pummeling you into the ground, fair and square, just like anyone else.

That said, there WAS another call that went UL's way...granted it didn't result in a touchdown.

Met some cool UL people while tailgating in the rain...other than that one call it was a fun night...
    I love to turn you on
    I've been waitin' for you boys to start thrashing about this...not a good call, and I don't think we've heard the last out of UConn's camp on this. From someone who used to play there and was at the game and still has soaked shoes, I can tell you it's not the way we want to start a comeback OR play the game, period. That one play didn't win/lose the game though. It's unfortunate, because it's not something a Husky fan feels good about. We want to win by pummeling you into the ground, fair and square, just like anyone else.

That said, there WAS another call that went UL's way...granted it didn't result in a touchdown.

Met some cool UL people while tailgating in the rain...other than that one call it was a fun night...

You're right; there were some other questionable calls (granted, not touchdowns) and this isn't the play that won/lost the game. I went to the UConn rivals.com board and the trashtalking there between the UL and UConn fans is pretty horrid. The shit talking on the rivals.com boards is worse than the Moving Train forum at the Pit.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the season. Now, do I root for UL to lose out the rest of the season so that Koach gets fired after one season (instead of dragging it out over 3 miserable seasons) so we can rebuild?
    fanch75 wrote:
    You're right; there were some other questionable calls (granted, not touchdowns) and this isn't the play that won/lost the game. I went to the UConn rivals.com board and the trashtalking there between the UL and UConn fans is pretty horrid. The shit talking on the rivals.com boards is worse than the Moving Train forum at the Pit.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the season. Now, do I root for UL to lose out the rest of the season so that Koach gets fired after one season (instead of dragging it out over 3 miserable seasons) so we can rebuild?

Wow. You're right...that rivals board is unreal!

I'm going to cheer for UL to hopefully make this win count a little more for UConn! Another tough game this week (at home) vs. USF. And it looks like another wet one!
    I love to turn you on
    There is a decent amount of knowledgeable football discussion over on rivals.com, but a lot of it are just idiots yelling "We'll kick your ass! Your team sucks!" and that's it.
    A victory, but a dismal, ugly one. The defense actually looked better than before, I guess. But they weren't exactly playing a powerhouse team in Pitt.

And a big FU to the Koaching staff. Can the play calling get any less imaginative? You have a pro-arm QB in Brian Brohm, and the play calling is endless screens & short passes over the middle. Why? There is no excuse for the lack of offensive output today. The Pitt defense gave up 48 and 44 points to UVA and Navy (yes, NAVY), respectively....yet UL could only manage 24 against them. UL returned nine returning starters on offense from the 2006 Orange Bowl Champions, and that's it?

Anyway, 5-4 for now. I'll enjoy today, b/c it'll most likely be the only win the rest of the season. With WVU, South Florida, & Rutgers rounding out the final three games, I'll predict a 5-7 final record for UL.
  • fanch75 wrote:
    A victory, but a dismal, ugly one. The defense actually looked better than before, I guess. But they weren't exactly playing a powerhouse team in Pitt.

And a big FU to the Koaching staff. Can the play calling get any less imaginative? You have a pro-arm QB in Brian Brohm, and the play calling is endless screens & short passes over the middle. Why? There is no excuse for the lack of offensive output today. The Pitt defense gave up 48 and 44 points to UVA and Navy (yes, NAVY), respectively....yet UL could only manage 24 against them. UL returned nine returning starters on offense from the 2006 Orange Bowl Champions, and that's it?

Anyway, 5-4 for now. I'll enjoy today, b/c it'll most likely be the only win the rest of the season. With WVU, South Florida, & Rutgers rounding out the final three games, I'll predict a 5-7 final record for UL.
    your team sucks....
    we will kick your ass.............

hehehehehe...............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    I have no doubt that is true, but who is "we"?
  • fanch75 wrote:
    I have no doubt that is true, but who is "we"?
    OREGON DUCKS !!!!!!!!!

quack
    quack
    quack...............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Isn't Speedy in Chicago? how the hell did he become a ducks fan???

still in shock we beat usf...they're going to be plenty pissed by the time they play UL. we have rutgers at home this saturday...decent defense vs. ray rice ought to be interesting.
    I love to turn you on
    still in shock we beat usf...they're going to be plenty pissed by the time they play UL. we have rutgers at home this saturday...decent defense vs. ray rice ought to be interesting.

I watched a good deal of the UConn - South Florida game, and you guys played a great game. UConn is for real. I can see you beating Rutgers and maybe even WVU.

I was astonished at the number of empty seats in that UConn stadium, though.
    fanch75 wrote:
    I watched a good deal of the UConn - South Florida game, and you guys played a great game. UConn is for real. I can see you beating Rutgers and maybe even WVU.

I was astonished at the number of empty seats in that UConn stadium, though.
    Fair weather fans...and the pouring rain didn't help attendance. A lot of those seats between the 35 yard lines are for corporates...that in itself should tell you something. The stadium seats 40K...I bet there were 30K there. I hope we do well vs. Rutgers to at least justify the new ranking.
    I love to turn you on
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
    I love to turn you on
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    ???

Seemed related... why burn couches when you are happy?
    I have to confess though... I have no clue what he was talking about :o
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
    UL - WVU

Predictions?