The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Really then it doesn't make sense. I have read that he wants to live in London, but still if you are a Manu fan it is weird signing for the Gunners.

Yes. It does seem pretty weird.

But either way, the good news is, now Tevez and Mascherano may transfer into Hurlingham United as well :D hahaha.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yes. It does seem pretty weird.

But either way, the good news is, now Tevez and Mascherano may transfer into Hurlingham United as well :D hahaha.

They might just choose to play in that class A kit of Karma Defect FC.:D:cool:
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Arsenal are able to show great football. They have played better matches than Manu did the last few years. We will have to wait how it goes without Bergkamp. Still I love their one touch few passes and we are infront of the goal type of game.

Yeah, I'm not too familiar with any of the EPL's teams style of play. This is the first time I follow the EPL, and it's pretty entertaining so far.
    I don't have anything against Arsenal personally, I'm sure they're a great team. I've been trying to pick one team from each European league, and let me tell you, it's been a total pain in the ass! :D hahaha. It's hard to choose. One day I suddenly decided that I was gonna support Manu, and I'm not completely sure about that decidion yet...hhahaahahahah. But I guess I'm supposed to hate Arsenal? :confused: haha.

Too many cool teams to choose from every Euro league....and I kind of made my choices, but I still have second thoughts :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Sorin is leaving Villareal for Hamburgo.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
    They might just choose to play in that class A kit of Karma Defect FC.:D:cool:

haha :D Mascherano...maybe. But Tevez is gonna play for the team with his beloved Boca colors on the kit :cool: (HU, and/or Boquita Jrs...hahaha :D).

♪ Juli ♪
    Huth and Woodgate going to Middlesbrough.

Arsenal and Renal Madrid may be trading Heyes for Julio Baptista.

Gravesen going to celtic.

that's the news i got today...

inappropriate post.

brhf9 wrote:
    Huth and Woodgate going to Middlesbrough.

Arsenal and Renal Madrid may be trading Heyes for Julio Baptista.

Gravesen going to celtic.

that's the news i got today...

hehe "RENAL Madrid" :D

that's a new name Barca fans could call it :D hehehe. do they have a peeing problem?

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not too familiar with any of the EPL's teams style of play. This is the first time I follow the EPL, and it's pretty entertaining so far.
    I don't have anything against Arsenal personally, I'm sure they're a great team. I've been trying to pick one team from each European league, and let me tell you, it's been a total pain in the ass! :D hahaha. It's hard to choose. One day I suddenly decided that I was gonna support Manu, and I'm not completely sure about that decidion yet...hhahaahahahah. But I guess I'm supposed to hate Arsenal? :confused: haha.

Too many cool teams to choose from every Euro league....and I kind of made my choices, but I still have second thoughts :D

Hahaha, I have a hard time picking one favourite English team myself. I like Liverpool because it was the first English team I saw play. I like Manu somewhat because I saw them train once as a child. I like Mancy because they have the underdog position, I like Arsenal because of Bergkamp.
    But I am most attracted by Tottenham Hotspurs. I saw them play against Feyenoord in the Euro cup II back when there were still three cups. I was sold Gazza and Lineker played there. And the name is cool as well as the name White heart lane. I also like Westham for their youth programme if they would have all the players that play in the league that have come out of their youth programme they would play for the title.
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

try this one:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060719

inappropriate post.

Hahaha, I have a hard time picking one favourite English team myself. I like Liverpool because it was the first English team I saw play. I like Manu somewhat because I saw them train once as a child. I like Mancy because they have the underdog position, I like Arsenal because of Bergkamp.
    But I am most attracted by Tottenham Hotspurs. I saw them play against Feyenoord in the Euro cup II back when there were still three cups. I was sold Gazza and Lineker played there. And the name is cool as well as the name White heart lane. I also like Westham for their youth programme if they would have all the players that play in the league that have come out of their youth programme they would play for the title.

hahahaha :D I do like Tottenham Hotspur as well...and for the same reason! :D the name is just too cool :cool: Is something I can see myself chanting, or just saying randomly. I think I've actually been just walking around or doing nothing and either saying the name or "saying it" in my head, LOL! :D
    And now I'll like Arsenal more because of Tevez :p

It's so hard choosing "new" teams. I was just born a Boca fan, I didn't have to think about it. It ran through generations and relatives actually lived right in front of the stadium :D I wish I could just say...ok, I'm a Manu fan, period, and I hate everyone else, haha, but I can't... :o

♪ Juli ♪
    brhf9 wrote:

haha :D yeah, I actually checked that out the first time you posted it, a little while ago, and used it as a guide to see if I could come to any sort of conclusion, but I couldn't :o Those are that dude's specific likes and dislikes, some thinks he might not like about a team could be something that draws me to it, haha. But oh well. Thanks for the link anyway! :)

♪ Juli ♪
  • PeryPery Posts: 1,740
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    haha :D yeah, I actually checked that out the first time you posted it, a little while ago, and used it as a guide to see if I could come to any sort of conclusion, but I couldn't :o Those are that dude's specific likes and dislikes, some thinks he might not like about a team could be something that draws me to it, haha. But oh well. Thanks for the link anyway! :)

I've really no idea about the Arsenal's players or others...:o yes I should be ashamed...

I try to choose those I know: argentineans players for example :D...Mascherano is not confirmed yet, but goes to England for sure.
    Buenos Aires 25 - 11 - 2005
    Buenos Aires 26 - 11 - 2005

********Proud 2 b Jammer!*******
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    hahahaha :D I do like Tottenham Hotspur as well...and for the same reason! :D the name is just too cool :cool: Is something I can see myself chanting, or just saying randomly. I think I've actually been just walking around or doing nothing and either saying the name or "saying it" in my head, LOL! :D
    And now I'll like Arsenal more because of Tevez :p

It's so hard choosing "new" teams. I was just born a Boca fan, I didn't have to think about it. It ran through generations and relatives actually lived right in front of the stadium :D I wish I could just say...ok, I'm a Manu fan, period, and I hate everyone else, haha, but I can't... :o

Me neither. I love PSV the best and they aren't even from my home town. I have other clubs in other leagues, but nothing compares to PSV.

Spain - Barca
    England - Tottenham Hotspurs
    Italy - AS Roma
    France - PSG
    Germany - Dortmund or anything that isn't Bayern
    I have the same problem, too much information, too many players to choose.

I tried to follow the league only by the news from that page, because if I try with another one is too much!!!

I'm not used to those players. But I dont' care, I really love football so I have an entire season to learn about them.

Pery wrote:
    I've really no idea about the Arsenal's players or others...:o yes I should be ashamed...

I try to choose those I know: argentineans players for example :D...Mascherano is not confirmed yet, but goes to England for sure.

Henry
    Gilberto
    van Persie
    Fabregas
    Rosicky
    Helb
    Ljungberg
    Reyes
    Cole

Last few years: Bergkamp, Viera, Pires, Petit and Overmars
    Me neither. I love PSV the best and they aren't even from my home town. I have other clubs in other leagues, but nothing compares to PSV.

Spain - Barca
    Italy - AS Roma
    France - PSG

Karma you should select Boca Jrs from Argentina :cool: :D

Pery wrote:
    I have the same problem, too much information, too many players to choose.

I tried to follow the league only by the news from that page, because if I try with another one is too much!!!

I'm not used to those players. But I dont' care, I really love football so I have an entire season to learn about them.

And the season after that and that and that.:D
    Pery wrote:
    Karma you should select Boca Jrs from Argentina :cool: :D

I do like them the best. I love their kitt. But they have to lose all those extra sponsor logos on the Jersey. It ruins the view. But I do like Boca, it's just that I never see them play.
    Henry
    Gilberto
    van Persie
    Fabregas
    Rosicky
    Cole
    Viera
    Pires
    Overmars

These are the only ones I knew for sure...And Henry is the only one I choose. Like you said before, you couldn't afford too many known players.

Pery wrote:
    These are the only ones I knew for sure...And Henry is the only one I choose. Like you said before, you couldn't afford too many known players.

No that's right. I thought you meant apart from the game.
    I do like them the best. I love their kitt. But they have to lose all those extra sponsor logos on the Jersey. It ruins the view. But I do like Boca, it's just that I never see them play.

Yeah, nowadays the kit has the "Goodyear" sponsor on the sleeves and "Red Megatone" in the front and back. I too prefer the kit with less or no sponsors. And I do have a certain preference among sponsors. I think having Parmalat, Quilmes, and Pepsi was definitely cooler than what we have now, lol.

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yeah, nowadays the kit has the "Goodyear" sponsor on the sleeves and "Red Megatone" in the front and back. I too prefer the kit with less or no sponsors. And I do have a certain preference among sponsors. I think having Parmalat, Quilmes, and Pepsi was definitely cooler than what we have now, lol.

Goodyear is OK, I love to have a good year.:D It is just all the other things that get place on a perfectly cool jersey. I am really glade we don't have that. I mean Paris Saint Germain have a very very cool outfit and it just gets ruined by those extra sponsors. But you are right it was cool that they had Pepsi although I don't like the drink.:D
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169

Spain - Barca
    Italy - AS Roma
    France - PSG

i just say germany hsv:p
    brhf9 wrote:
    Sorin is leaving Villareal for Hamburgo.

yes yes and yes again:):):)
    18 minutes left than the tranfer market is closed and rummers are going around that hsv gonna buy 1-3 players ....mhhh
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    18 minutes left than the tranfer market is closed and rummers are going around that hsv gonna buy 1-3 players ....mhhh

WTF, you mean 12 hours
    Klumpie wrote:
    WTF, you mean 12 hours

i thought it ends in 4 minutes outch..
    There is alot happening now, but Kluivert signed a 2 year deal with PSV. PSV is still intrested in Tardelli, Delgado, Zaki, Kromkamp and Donk.
    i thought it ends in 4 minutes outch..

No, this evening at 23:59 it will end.