The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    today german U 21 is playing (piotrTrochowski(HSV) is in the line up i think )...
    and tommorow the U 20 is playing ( mario gomez (stuttgart)is in the line up for shure )too but they beginn earlier than the national team:D

to much foothball hey and than FA cub.....to much foothball lol
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Incoming Rangers boss Paul Le Guen is believed to have put Lyon forward Sidney Govou at the top of his shopping list.

Le Guen is already planning major changes at Ibrox when he takes over from Alex McLeish at the end of this season.

The Frenchman is scouring the transfer market for reinforcements and reports emanating from France claim he is ready to raid old club Lyon for Govou.

Govou came close to leaving Lyon last summer as he seeks a new experience away from Stade Gerland.

Le Guen is a big admirer of Govou having worked with him at Lyon and is hoping to lure him to Scotland.

Lyon are thought to be willing to let him leave for the right offer and Le Guen is ready to firm up his interest in the versatile forward.

Govou's agent Frederic Guerra insists he has not had any contact with Le Guen or Rangers over the player.

"I haven't received any phone calls about that," Guerra told skysports.com.

"We are obliged to wait to know about the situation.

"Maybe Le Guen has asked Lyon for Sidney, but he hasn't called me yet."

Rangers are also reported to be tracking Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh.

Chamakh has earned rave reviews for Bordeaux in the last couple of seasons with his goalscoring exploits and a number of clubs are thought to be keeping an eye on him.

Le Guen is believed to be keen to bolster his attacking options and has made some new forwards his top priority

great to see he is already looking to buy quality players for next season..Govou is a good player

in other transfer news..looks like Sperms are keen on Cisse..maybe we can exchange him for Defoe :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I was very happy to hear Westerhof say Cocu wouldn't be a problem.

That's good to hear, If he stays Ooijer will also stay. But if they just keep this selection and find a good coach and invest in 2 good players then we will be again the champion!
    Tottenham boss Martin Jol has been linked with a return to Holland with PSV Eindhoven.

Jol had already forged a big reputation in his homeland before he joined Tottenham as assistant to Jacques Santini in 2004.

After a matter of months, Santini departed and Jol was handed the head coach's job, and has settled brilliantly, turning Spurs into one of the most exciting teams in The Premiership.

Spurs are currently fourth and pushing for a UEFA Champions League place - but Jol's abilities have not gone unnoticed.

PSV are gearing up for the likely departure of Guus Hiddink this summer and they are being tipped to launch an ambitious bid for Jol.

Indeed, much-respected Dutch publication Voetbal International claims contact has already been made with Jol - although this appears highly unlikely.

The fact the Jol is now on the brink of taking Spurs back into Europe, means the chances of him leaving White Hart Lane - even for PSV - appear highly remote.

Spurs' hierarchy have always pressed home their pleasure with Jol's work and will not welcome any approaches for their boss.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Tottenham boss Martin Jol has been linked with a return to Holland with PSV Eindhoven.

Jol had already forged a big reputation in his homeland before he joined Tottenham as assistant to Jacques Santini in 2004.

After a matter of months, Santini departed and Jol was handed the head coach's job, and has settled brilliantly, turning Spurs into one of the most exciting teams in The Premiership.

Spurs are currently fourth and pushing for a UEFA Champions League place - but Jol's abilities have not gone unnoticed.

PSV are gearing up for the likely departure of Guus Hiddink this summer and they are being tipped to launch an ambitious bid for Jol.

Indeed, much-respected Dutch publication Voetbal International claims contact has already been made with Jol - although this appears highly unlikely.

The fact the Jol is now on the brink of taking Spurs back into Europe, means the chances of him leaving White Hart Lane - even for PSV - appear highly remote.

Spurs' hierarchy have always pressed home their pleasure with Jol's work and will not welcome any approaches for their boss.

Yep, it was on TV last night. But Jol wont come because he's doing very well with Tottenham and now he's to expensive for PSV.
    Ancelotti signed a new contract with AC Milan, this new contract will end in 2008. This suprised me because the last few weeks I heard some rumours that they wanted to fire him!
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Klumpie wrote:
    That's good to hear, If he stays Ooijer will also stay. But if they just keep this selection and find a good coach and invest in 2 good players then we will be again the champion!

Yeah I agree.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Klumpie wrote:
    Ancelotti signed a new contract with AC Milan, this new contract will end in 2008. This suprised me because the last few weeks I heard some rumours that they wanted to fire him!

I didn't see that coming either.
    AxlUlrich wrote:

If I were him I'd want to finish what I started. Spurs back in Europe, maybe 2 really good signings with international experions. Who knows what can happen.
    holy shit Momo is back!

Team in full: Reina, Finnan, Traore, Hyypia, Carragher, Gerrard, Sissoko, Alonso, Riise, Garcia, Crouch. Subs – Dudek, Kromkamp, Kewell, Cisse, Morientes.

interesting line up..kick off in 40 min time
    COME ON YOU REDS!
    YNWA

YNWA
    Reports in Spain suggest that Liverpool have agreed a three-year deal with Valencia defender Fabio Aurelio

woo! things are looking bright at Anfield

leading 3-0 as well..what a game so far!
    the players look so confident and it's just wonderful watching them play.
    Crouch scoring 2 goals too..fantastic.
    funny thing is Sissoko's protection glasses keep getting condesation on the lenses so half of the time he can't see shit!
    off to watch the 2nd half now :D

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Reports in Spain suggest that Liverpool have agreed a three-year deal with Valencia defender Fabio Aurelio

woo! things are looking bright at Anfield

leading 3-0 as well..what a game so far!
    the players look so confident and it's just wonderful watching them play.
    Crouch scoring 2 goals too..fantastic.
    funny thing is Sissoko's protection glasses keep getting condesation on the lenses so half of the time he can't see shit!
    off to watch the 2nd half now :D

Congratulate with youre victory. And Aurelio is a good player! YNWA!

Where is Manure :D
    Liverpool scored again 0-4! Easy victory for Liverpool!
    Liverpool scored again 0-5! Very easy victory for Liverpool!
    Riise's goal was fucking fantastic!
    Crouch wasnt too happy when he got substituted..if he had stayed on for another 10 min..he could have got his hat trick..instead his replacement Morientes scored an easy tap in

its 6-0 now..Tebily own goal..ouch..pity Brums.

YNWA
    You may guess who scored?
    haha what a game..finally over 7-0...cant believe it..15 goals in the last 3 games...and before this we couldnt even score.
    this is just what we need before our big derby game this weekend
    players are confident..can't wait for the Merseyside derby!

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    haha what a game..finally over 7-0...cant believe it..15 goals in the last 3 games...and before this we couldnt even score.
    this is just what we need before our big derby game this weekend
    players are confident..can't wait for the Merseyside derby!

Was Kromkamp playing?
    Klumpie wrote:
    Was Kromkamp playing?
    nope din play at all..probably rested for this weekend's game

YNWA
    Barca leads with 3-1!
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    nope din play at all..probably rested for this weekend's game

That match is much more important, if he score 3 goals in that match he's a legend forever!
    Klumpie wrote:
    That match is much more important, if he score 3 goals in that match he's a legend forever!
    haha! even 1 goal might help him be a Kop legend.
    so important to beat Everton..it is gonna be a great game.
    Everton are on form too and have been playing well..gonna be a close game.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    haha! even 1 goal might help him be a Kop legend.
    so important to beat Everton..it is gonna be a great game.
    Everton are on form too and have been playing well..gonna be a close game.

What did Liverpool the first match against Everton?
    Barca won against Getafe with 3-1
    Klumpie wrote:
    What did Liverpool the first match against Everton?
    we won 3-1 at Goodison Park

YNWA
    poor pedo..:D

Head coach Graham Rix has been sacked by Hearts after just four months in charge of the Tynecastle club.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    poor pedo..:D

Head coach Graham Rix has been sacked by Hearts after just four months in charge of the Tynecastle club.

Ain't life a bitch.
    Ain't life a bitch.
    tough being a manager in football nowadays..never been tougher.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    tough being a manager in football nowadays..never been tougher.

It is. Look at Hiddink for instence. He has to make a tough desicion. Wiil I sell my goalie for 9 million or will I not.
    It is. Look at Hiddink for instence. He has to make a tough desicion. Wiil I sell my goalie for 9 million or will I not.

He will not, today Westerhof said he will stay (Gomes)