The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    you're welcome.

i'll try to find a goalie sequence of stops that i think it's pure magic.

it happened here in 1984 and the guy prevents the goal like 5 times in less than 30s.

i´ll post it here when i find it.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    OK good on you. But let me know by mail if you do otherwise I might miss it.

Thanx upfront.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Robert Huth will miss Germany's midweek friendly with the United States after Chelsea stated his services are needed in the FA Cup.

The Blues host Premiership rivals Newcastle United in one of four FA Cup quarter finals this week, as the Stamford Bridge club look to claim a league and cup double this season.

The World Cup hosts, meanwhile, take on Bruce Arena's USA squad in Dortmund the same evening, but Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has successfully requested to have Huth available for their cup tie at Stamford Bridge.

"Under an agreement with Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho, Robert will not join the squad," Germany boss Jurgen Klinsmann told a news conference on Monday.

"Chelsea want him there for the FA Cup match without fail."

Huth will be one of several players missing from the clash at the Westfalenstadion, with the Germans keen to make amends after their 4-1 drubbing at the hands of Italy in Florence earlier this month.

Werder Bremen midfielder Torsten Frings has been ruled out with a calf injury, while Wolfsburg striker Mike Hanke misses the game with a bruised hip.

Borussia Monchengladbach striker Oliver Neuville was called up for the match over the weekend
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Robert Huth will miss Germany's midweek friendly with the United States after Chelsea stated his services are needed in the FA Cup.

Is the situation that bad, that they need this great big talent?
    Is the situation that bad, that they need this great big talent?
    exactly...i think Chelski are just being assholes cos they can
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:

And they are? Yeah they are!
    West Ham have taken the lead..superb goal by Ashton

YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    West Ham scored again 0-2!
    ManC scored 1-2!
    West Ham won 1-2!
    Congratulations Goodiva on hammer's win against Mancy.
    I was very happy to hear Westerhof say Cocu wouldn't be a problem.
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    AxlUlrich wrote:

The Blues host Premiership rivals Newcastle United in one of four FA Cup quarter finals this week, as the Stamford Bridge club look to claim a league and cup double this season.

The World Cup hosts, meanwhile, take on Bruce Arena's USA squad in Dortmund the same evening, but Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has successfully requested to have Huth available for their cup tie at Stamford Bridge.

"Under an agreement with Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho, Robert will not join the squad," Germany boss Jurgen Klinsmann told a news conference on Monday.

"Chelsea want him there for the FA Cup match without fail."

Huth will be one of several players missing from the clash at the Westfalenstadion, with the Germans keen to make amends after their 4-1 drubbing at the hands of Italy in Florence earlier this month.

Werder Bremen midfielder Torsten Frings has been ruled out with a calf injury, while Wolfsburg striker Mike Hanke misses the game with a bruised hip.

Borussia Monchengladbach striker Oliver Neuville was called up for the match over the weekend

oh well Mourinho never let him play so for what is this ....needing him grrr
    and by the way i think germany will loose this match on wendsday
    and i think now,too that germany be out in the first round ...
    AxlUlrich wrote:

so true said;);)
    thank you guys for the info about west ham !!!!Wow they won -cool:)

(i was really tired after work)...
    thank you guys for the info about west ham !!!!Wow they won -cool:)

(i was really tired after work)...
    i thought it was a boring game until Musampa pulled one goal back...credit to Richard Dunne too for fighting so hard towards the end.
    but well congrats to West Ham..Ashton was the difference

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i thought it was a boring game until Musampa pulled one goal back...credit to Richard Dunne too for fighting so hard towards the end.
    but well congrats to West Ham..Ashton was the difference

i didn´t see the match but if you say so that it was boring i guess than it´s right:D;)

that´s why they get him;)
    how did ferdinand went ahead ?i think he had to face somehow a fitness tests ahead of Monday night's FA Cup quarter final at Manchester City.
    Because of ..he suffered a reaction to a thigh problem during Saturday's 4-2 home defeat by Portsmouth, a game Etherington was forced to miss because of a back injury.

hope you can understand this !!!!!!
    Happy Birthday Ronaldinho!!!I think he be 27 right???
    how did ferdinand went ahead ?i think he had to face somehow a fitness tests ahead of Monday night's FA Cup quarter final at Manchester City.
    Because of ..he suffered a reaction to a thigh problem during Saturday's 4-2 home defeat by Portsmouth, a game Etherington was forced to miss because of a back injury.

hope you can understand this !!!!!!
    he failed it..he din play but West Ham managed well without him.
    Ashton,Benayoun and Reo Cocker had fantastic games.
    Man City played well too..but just not good enough.
    Happy Birthday Ronaldinho!!!I think he be 27 right???
    i think 26..born in 1980 right? i might be wrong lol

YNWA
    hmm according to the press..Cisse is definitely being sold this summer and Sperms want 10 million for Defoe and Rafa sees Defoe as his ideal 20 goal a season striker.
    i hope this deal comes true :D

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    he failed it..he din play but West Ham managed well without him.
    Ashton,Benayoun and Reo Cocker had fantastic games.
    Man City played well too..but just not good enough.

But in the list of line up he´s in ...maybe padrew deside to leave him out or he might be still injured what ever the other hammers managed that:D
    oh isn´t liverpool playing tonight;)

i think 26..born in 1980 right? i might be wrong lol

yeao 80 i can´t count:lol:
    oh i just read old news he still has to handle his thigh injury....
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    hmm according to the press..Cisse is definitely being sold this summer and Sperms want 10 million for Defoe and Rafa sees Defoe as his ideal 20 goal a season striker.
    i hope this deal comes true :D

oh they are both real good ...
    oh they are both real good ...
    Cisse is good..just that the English game and Rafa's tactics don't suit him.
    Defoe hopefully will do better if he does join...Crouch and Defoe will pair up very nicely

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Cisse is good..just that the English game and Rafa's tactics don't suit him.
    Defoe hopefully will do better if he does join...Crouch and Defoe will pair up very nicely

i´m afraid to say that but you´re right with that specially the last sentence:D
    i´m afraid to say that but you´re right with that specially the last sentence:D
    yeh!...Crouch can hold the ball or head it nicely to Defoe who has pace and his accuracy at goal is alot better than Cisse's.
    plus i think it's great that Rafa targets English players as well...not a fan of England but its good to see more English players in the team especially with all the new rules aboot to be implemented.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh!...Crouch can hold the ball or head it nicely to Defoe who has pace and his accuracy at goal is alot better than Cisse's.
    plus i think it's great that Rafa targets English players as well...not a fan of England but its good to see more English players in the team especially with all the new rules aboot to be implemented.

as you know i am a fan of england (but sssssssssss don´t tell anybody couse i´m german:D)
    as you know i am a fan of england (but sssssssssss don´t tell anybody couse i´m german:D)
    lol you're the first and only german i know who likes England!

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol you're the first and only german i know who likes England!

i knew a few and one her husband is british:D and a manchester united fan ;)