Options

The 2009 New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    CC !
    the fixer video wrapping up the fox broadcast was just icing on the cake! what a nice surprise. cool camera angles too. my dad actually called me afterwards asking what song that was. he then said he was immediately going to buy the song

was this only in the teams' markets ?

The addition of the Angels and Yankees ' Logos jumping around on the superimposed screens behind Eddie and The Boys was too much ! Excellent !

Lets Go Yankees !
    Gonna be even more disgusting out there tonight weatherwise.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    I don't like saying it but IF the Yankees don't win the World Series this year something is totally wrong. They appear to have this one in the Bag.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!!

Leaving Philly now to get up there for the game.

LETS GO YANKS!!!!!!!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,559
    Alex ties it again.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,559
    Whoohooo!!!!
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    That game was completely nuts. I'm just really happy they pulled off the win. I swear I thought it was over after cano made that error in the 13th.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    For those that care about minutia:

-Of Alex Rodriguez's 33 home runs this year (including playoffs) 18 have tied or given the Yankees a lead.

-The 21 players used by the Yankees set an ALCS record for an extra-inning game. The Oakland Athletics used 20 in a 10-inning game against the Tigers in 1972. The teams used a combined 38 players, breaking the ALCS record of 37 set by Baltimore and Cleveland in 1997.

-Jeter's home run was his 19th in the postseason. He moved past Reggie Jackson and Mickey Mantle for sole possession of third place on the all-time list.

-Rivera pitched more than two innings in the playoffs for the first time since Game Seven of the 2003 ALCS. It was the fourth time in the playoffs he went more than two innings.

-Bobby Abreu has four strikeouts this series, which is 36.4 percent of his plate appearances. During the regular season, only 16.8 percent of his plate appearances resulted in strikeouts.

-The Yankees have won their first five playoff games for the first time since 1999 which was the last time it was done in the AL. The only AL team to open postseason play with six straight wins was the 1970 Baltimore Orioles.

-There were 111 plate appearances in this game and 13 pitchers threw 432 pitches.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    that game was almost on west coast time !

crazy !

Lets Go Yankees
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138

-Of Alex Rodriguez's 33 home runs this year (including playoffs) 18 have tied or given the Yankees a lead.

-The 21 players used by the Yankees set an ALCS record for an extra-inning game. The Oakland Athletics used 20 in a 10-inning game against the Tigers in 1972. The teams used a combined 38 players, breaking the ALCS record of 37 set by Baltimore and Cleveland in 1997.

-Jeter's home run was his 19th in the postseason. He moved past Reggie Jackson and Mickey Mantle for sole possession of third place on the all-time list.

-Rivera pitched more than two innings in the playoffs for the first time since Game Seven of the 2003 ALCS. It was the fourth time in the playoffs he went more than two innings.

-Bobby Abreu has four strikeouts this series, which is 36.4 percent of his plate appearances. During the regular season, only 16.8 percent of his plate appearances resulted in strikeouts.

-The Yankees have won their first five playoff games for the first time since 1999 which was the last time it was done in the AL. The only AL team to open postseason play with six straight wins was the 1970 Baltimore Orioles.

-There were 111 plate appearances in this game and 13 pitchers threw 432 pitches.

It's pretty much a lock that the Yankees will win the World Series

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Lots of unusual and unpredictable errors for our Yankee infielders ! .
    I would guess the wet field conditions had to have contributed to these.

Also, one helluva call by that 2nd base umpire,
    the Angel SS ( or was it their 2nd baseman ? )
    clearly went through all the motions but his feet never touched the bag trying to turn that double play.
    nice call
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    What a game!!! Such a great experience being there. The stadium was absolutely insane and the game was incredible. Didn't get back to Philly until 5 am but all good after that. I am still buzzing. WOW!!!!!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What a game!!! Such a great experience being there. The stadium was absolutely insane and the game was incredible. Didn't get back to Philly until 5 am but all good after that. I am still buzzing. WOW!!!!!!

Where were you sitting? I'll tell you what, what also made that game was that Steak sandwich that was bought for me before the game that I ate while watching batting practice.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

not to distract from the yankees but
    is this the kinda time ( 5 am ? )
    i'm looking at when returning home to NYC from philly spectrum ?
    ( i guess thats if PJ play till 1am any of the shows there )
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I wouldn't think so. Maybe he took the train up and at that hour, service is limited. I'd imagine that it took a while to leave the stadium since many people linger to see the pie in the face, hear Sinatra and plus the Subway gets crowded.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Not at all. We got really unlucky. We drove up to Trenton and took NJ Transit into Penn Station. The last return NJ Transit train was at 1:41 and we obviously missed that and had to take a 3 am Amtrak to Trenton.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    wow, 5 games in and they have overcome everything & the unimaginable. this is a championship team right here.

6 to go.
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    AWESOME game!!!! I was in sectin 127 (great view), and other than the guy behind us puking, this game was epic. It had everything - Jeter homer, great pitching by AJ, extra innings, late/clutch homer by ARod, crazy weather conditions, intense crowd and the Yanks pulling it out in the end. Best game I've ever been to. And got to hear some PJ on the loudspeaker. :)
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    AWESOME game!!!! I was in sectin 127 (great view), and other than the guy behind us puking, this game was epic. It had everything - Jeter homer, great pitching by AJ, extra innings, late/clutch homer by ARod, crazy weather conditions, intense crowd and the Yanks pulling it out in the end. Best game I've ever been to. And got to hear some PJ on the loudspeaker. :)

agreed on all accounts and it definitely was the best game i have ever been to as well. my 4th game this season and all 4 have been walkoffs.

Lots of EV and Pearl Jam on throughout the game. Rise came on while I was in monument park before the game and i knew it was going to be a good night!

I love this team!
  • Options

wow man. 127 are great seats. i would love to get down there for a game next year. We were in 414 Row 3 and had a great view but nothing like that.
  • Options
    Here's the post-game wrap-up from WCBS 880 in New York from last night's Yankees victory in Yankee Stadium.

http://podcast.wcbs880.com/wcbs/2012001.mp3
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

wow man. 127 are great seats. i would love to get down there for a game next year. We were in 414 Row 3 and had a great view but nothing like that.

Only cost $175/ticket from StubHub too!
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    I know it wasn't much of a question but the big guy is definitely going on short rest in game 4. I like the yanks chances of winning 2 of the next 5 games with CC, AJ and Andy pitching all of them.
  • Options

love, LOVE, the minutia. Lots of interesting tidbits and nuggets. Thanks for posting them

Though I have to say this one

Jeter's home run was his 19th in the postseason. He moved past Reggie Jackson and Mickey Mantle for sole possession of third place on the all-time list.

is hard to take too seriously. Mickey Mantle went straight from the regular season to the World Series. Reggie played in the ALCS, but I believe they were best of 5 back then, and obviously no ALDS. I'm not knocking you, I just hate when the "Playoff Records" get brought up. Just aboult all playoff records should be held by Yankees & Braves of the 90's and/or 00's. Now when you start talking World Series records, and maybe straight ALCS/NLCS records, then that's the real deal
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    What a game the other night!

I'm gonna miss a bit of the game today as i won't get out of work til late :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options

love, LOVE, the minutia. Lots of interesting tidbits and nuggets. Thanks for posting them

Though I have to say this one

Jeter's home run was his 19th in the postseason. He moved past Reggie Jackson and Mickey Mantle for sole possession of third place on the all-time list.

is hard to take too seriously. Mickey Mantle went straight from the regular season to the World Series. Reggie played in the ALCS, but I believe they were best of 5 back then, and obviously no ALDS. I'm not knocking you, I just hate when the "Playoff Records" get brought up. Just aboult all playoff records should be held by Yankees & Braves of the 90's and/or 00's. Now when you start talking World Series records, and maybe straight ALCS/NLCS records, then that's the real deal

I'm glad someone is reading and I agree with you with on that, it's definitely a note not to be taken seriously.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    The only poositive of the 4pm start is that this game
    wont coincide with the Blueshirts shooting
    for their 8th win in a row in this early season.

Besides that , the 4pm start time sucks asss.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    The only poositive of the 4pm start is that this game
    wont coincide with the Blueshirts shooting
    for their 8th win in a row in this early season.

Besides that , the 4pm start time sucks asss.

I guess we'll know what it feels like to be in the Pacific time zone when their teams are playing games on the East Coast..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options

Agreed. A few of the Yanks blogs I check out have similar tidbits but nice to see them rolled up here. Keep 'em coming!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    4:00 sucks. ill be listening to much of the game on radio, sitting in traffic on the deegan after work. but i guess that is better than actually sitting in the yankee stadium traffic as always.

anyone think the yanks will feel the pressure if they go up 3-0 after 2004? if they then drop game 4, you know it will be brought up left and right.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    4:00 sucks. ill be listening to much of the game on radio, sitting in traffic on the deegan after work. but i guess that is better than actually sitting in the yankee stadium traffic as always.

anyone think the yanks will feel the pressure if they go up 3-0 after 2004? if they then drop game 4, you know it will be brought up left and right.

I thought about that but i don't think it will hurt them.

This is a different team. All the come back wins espcially the two in the post season should have them thinking they can win no matter what.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22