Options

DEVIN HESTER?? question for the sports geeks...

Comments

• Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    Before each game, Devin Hester will climb a flight of stairs he had built that goes into outer space. He will then race, and beat, a comet. Afterwards, he will come back down to earth, catch a New York City sewer rat by hand, rape it, and then run across country at 1.67 times the speed of light to the stadium. He then groans from the depths of his bowels, takes the world's largest dump, and then assaults record books. This is an average Sunday.

(depths of the bowels comment taken from failedpersephone)
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    i guess this will be locked pretty soon my 2c why is any team kicking to him is beyond me ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    thanks cory - I avoided the hell out of this thread because the premise was lame...had i known to look here for some of your comedic majesty rest assured I would have been chortling...

daytime...doesnt find you funny. hmmn, too bad.

I do.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    i guess this will be locked pretty soon my 2c why is any team kicking to him is beyond me ...

Probably.

I'm gonna miss you (again) Jose;)

• Options
    thanks cory - I avoided the hell out of this thread because the premise was lame...had i known to look here for some of your comedic majesty rest assured I would have been chortling...

daytime...doesnt find you funny. hmmn, too bad.

I do.

So sad that some fail to see the point of my existence on here. I'm sure when the time is right, and I'm no longer wanted here, I'll get the message when I attempt to log in and see that dirty little rectangle explaining why I can't:)

• Options
    cory wrote:
    So sad that some fail to see the point of my existence on here. I'm sure when the time is right, and I'm no longer wanted here, I'll get the message when I attempt to log in and see that dirty little rectangle explaining why I can't:)

:eek: dirty little rectangles...

they have creams, and vinegar based solutions that can take care of that. ;)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    cory wrote:
    Probably.

I'm gonna miss you (again) Jose;)

nah you aint
    going nowhere fast ,how is that for hick talk ..:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cory wrote:
    Wah wah wah. You're getting whiny, dude. Not everyone is going to find you funny. Big deal. I got a chuckle out of the stuff but he didn't. Move on.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Wah wah wah. You're getting whiny, dude. Not everyone is going to find you funny. Big deal. I got a chuckle out of the stuff but he didn't. Move on.

That's all I was saying. He keeps attacking me for whatever reason. It's actually flattering.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    I thought it was about as funny as a pile of rocks.

HAHAHA...pile of rocks...HAHAHA....that's a classic!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    cory wrote:
    Before each game, Devin Hester will climb a flight of stairs he had built that goes into outer space. He will then race, and beat, a comet. Afterwards, he will come back down to earth, catch a New York City sewer rat by hand, rape it, and then run across country at 1.67 times the speed of light to the stadium. He then groans from the depths of his bowels, takes the world's largest dump, and then assaults record books. This is an average Sunday.

(depths of the bowels comment taken from failedpersephone)

Sounds like a Family Guy flashback, except even more lame.
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    this is my favorite Hester clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEQRXzmgEAs
  • Options
    roar wrote:
    9 times out of 10 Hester burns that clown, like he has plenty of times. Brown made a good angle and got him. This clip should not encourage other kickers to try and make an open field tackle on him. As it will result, most of the time, in what Todd Sauerbraun experienced.

• Options
    is what this guy is doing to the record books comparable to what BABE RUTH DID????

Babe Ruth when he first showed up was hitting more home runs than ENTIRE TEAMS were hitting....He made a fucking joke of the record books....

Isnt what Devin Hester is doing the same thing??? Actually isnt it even MORE IMPRESSIVE????

Hester's awesome but you can't compare him to Ruth or Chamberlain simply because a kick returner doesn't touch the ball as often as Chamberlain did in basketball or bat as often as Ruth in baseball. he sure as hell makes the most of it when he has the ball though. He'll probably end up going down as the best kick returner ever....but that's it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    roar wrote:

That wasn't even that impressive. I was thinking Hester was going to get jacked up.
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    That wasn't even that impressive. I was thinking Hester was going to get jacked up.

It was great to watch! I'm just proud of our kicker...how many NFL teams/fans can say that?

I mean really, a kicker making a picture-perfect tackle like that on a superstar like Hester? Not really common.

Plus, he had already put the pressure on Hester earlier in the game--Brown hit him and forced him out of bounds. I don't think it will rile up all the kickers in the league but it was fun to watch.

His own reaction: "It was Devin Hester, are you kidding me? It was cool."
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    Great posts by EvilMerlin and eddievedder1977 (who doesn't love Cold Hard Football Facts?). I would just like to reiterate the point on how fleeting this sort of thing is these days. Guys like Desmond Howard, Chad Morton, and Dante Hall tend to flame out pretty quickly. They seem to have a season or two where it all comes together and then shoot right back down to Earth. Huge mistake for the Bears if they sign Hester to a big deal based solely on his kick return prowess.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    Hester's awesome but you can't compare him to Ruth or Chamberlain simply because a kick returner doesn't touch the ball as often as Chamberlain did in basketball or bat as often as Ruth in baseball. he sure as hell makes the most of it when he has the ball though. He'll probably end up going down as the best kick returner ever....but that's it.
    Actually a guy who returns both kickoffs and punts will touch the ball more in an average game than a baseball player will bat.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    shaggy15shaggy15 Posts: 190
    I'm wearing his jersey right now
    like a dog chasing a car, I do not know what i would do with it if i caught it----Joker

myspace.com/shaggy10680
  • Options
    i dont even like da bears but watching this guy is sometimes my favorite part of sunday.

i cant remember what team it was but there was one team this year that kicked to him and actually shut him down. their special team was pretty impressive with tackling in that game.

but for the most part why do teams kick to him, seriously? not that im complaining i like watching him return kicks.
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    pjl44 wrote:
    Great posts by EvilMerlin and eddievedder1977 (who doesn't love Cold Hard Football Facts?). I would just like to reiterate the point on how fleeting this sort of thing is these days. Guys like Desmond Howard, Chad Morton, and Dante Hall tend to flame out pretty quickly. They seem to have a season or two where it all comes together and then shoot right back down to Earth. Huge mistake for the Bears if they sign Hester to a big deal based solely on his kick return prowess.

Thanks for reading, before I knew it the post was pretty long haha.

Yeah, I don't see them giving him a big contract. Unless they figure out things with him offensively, there's just no reason to waste money on it. It'd be a huge gamble if they did. Or maybe fit back into the defense with all the injuries they've had. His original plans were to be a CB. But now they're just trying to figure out how to get his big play ability into the offense. So unless they settle on something, his window of opportunity might close because of constant shifting and he'll never get to settle into an impact position. Still, he's a ton of fun to watch he has the ball.
  • Options
    i cant remember what team it was but there was one team this year that kicked to him and actually shut him down. their special team was pretty impressive with tackling in that game.

but for the most part why do teams kick to him, seriously? not that im complaining i like watching him return kicks.
    I think you're talking about Oakland. They did a really good job of boxing him in and preventing and returns for touchdowns. He did get about a 68 yard return but it was nullified by a penalty

Teams are still going to kick to him. There is a lot of pride at stake for those special teams players. They dont want to hear from their coordinator he doesn't trust them to stop #23. Eventually a team will find a way to contain him and everyone else will follow suit.

• Options
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    I think you're talking about Oakland. They did a really good job of boxing him in and preventing and returns for touchdowns. He did get about a 68 yard return but it was nullified by a penalty

Teams are still going to kick to him. There is a lot of pride at stake for those special teams players. They dont want to hear from their coordinator he doesn't trust them to stop #23. Eventually a team will find a way to contain him and everyone else will follow suit.

I thought Dallas shut him down as well? I kind of remember them kicking to him, and Hester not even bringing kickoffs out past the 10-15yrd line.
  • Options
    I thought Dallas shut him down as well? I kind of remember them kicking to him, and Hester not even bringing kickoffs out past the 10-15yrd line.
    I was pretty drunk for that game but I do remember them playing him pretty well.

• Options
    I was at the Bears-Cowboys game. Honestly, I don't remember what Hester did. It's not that I was drunk, I just tried my hardest to block out any memort of the game as it was an utter embarrasment.
  • Options
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    I was pretty drunk for that game but I do remember them playing him pretty well.

2 punt returns for 1 yrd (0.5 avg)
    5 kick returns for 86 yrds (17.2 avg)
    2 fumbles
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,442
    They guy is fucking unbelievable.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222

my favorite jacked up moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PULVwe73LM
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need