Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Getting a ticket driving to work. 19 over.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • just tinajust tina Posts: 277
    a phone call i just got. help me learn how to say no to a date?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    a phone call i just got. help me learn how to say no to a date?
    Just say 'no, I'm sorry', took me YEARS to learn that one. Don't give any excuses or any explanation cos 9 times out of 10 they just accept it... there will be the odd one who asks why... and tell them your life's too complicated right now or something. It makes life sooooooooooooo much easier when you say what you mean.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Injuring my foot so bad at the MSG 2 show I had to spend the whole next day in NYC in bed :(
    UNBELIEVABLE.
    I'm much better today, just in time to fight the crazy streets and subways to head home to California.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    PJPixie wrote:
    Injuring my foot so bad at the MSG 2 show I had to spend the whole next day in NYC in bed :(
    UNBELIEVABLE.
    I'm much better today, just in time to fight the crazy streets and subways to head home to California.
    :( that's shit!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • just tinajust tina Posts: 277
    Just say 'no, I'm sorry', took me YEARS to learn that one. Don't give any excuses or any explanation cos 9 times out of 10 they just accept it... there will be the odd one who asks why... and tell them your life's too complicated right now or something. It makes life sooooooooooooo much easier when you say what you mean.
    i know. you are absolutely right. and i know this. but when the time comes to do it, i feel horrible and usually keep making excuses without coming out and saying no.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    PJPixie wrote:
    UNBELIEVABLE.

Damn. You and D2D.

Dangerous place that NY!!!

Take care, Pixxxx!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Finding out a guy I used to go to school with and was in the army cadets with has been killed in Afghanistan aged 20. Didn't know him well at all and haven't spoken to him for a good 5 years but I've seen him around and remembered he was always cool to me as a superior in the cadets when most of the higher ranking cadets were total dicks to the younger kids.

Even though I didn't know him it just fucking sucks and it's so weird. He was TOO young for this shit. It's especially weird because I knew him in an army uniform but as a 15 year-old... not as someone who'd end up with a bullet in him :(
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    i know. you are absolutely right. and i know this. but when the time comes to do it, i feel horrible and usually keep making excuses without coming out and saying no.

just saying no will make you look like you're more sure of yourself too. if you do that kind of thing with the wrong person, they may try to take advantage of your "guilt" and try to manipulate you or make you feel bad for it if you're a girl. ;):)
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Finding out a guy I used to go to school with and was in the army cadets with has been killed in Afghanistan aged 20. Didn't know him well at all and haven't spoken to him for a good 5 years but I've seen him around and remembered he was always cool to me as a superior in the cadets when most of the higher ranking cadets were total dicks to the younger kids.

Even though I didn't know him it just fucking sucks and it's so weird. He was TOO young for this shit. It's especially weird because I knew him in an army uniform but as a 15 year-old... not as someone who'd end up with a bullet in him :(

hearing this kind of thing always ruins my day. there have been a few guys from my hometown that have gotten killed in Iraq or Afghanistan. :( just like you, i didn't know them that well, but knew who they were or may have talked to them a few times. it's sad hearing about any of it.
    You got to spend it all
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    you are wrote:
    hearing this kind of thing always ruins my day. there have been a few guys from my hometown that have gotten killed in Iraq or Afghanistan. :( just like you, i didn't know them that well, but knew who they were or may have talked to them a few times. it's sad hearing about any of it.
    Yeah, it really, really sucks. I mean, it really pisses me off to think back to when I was in the cadets with this guy and officers from various regiments would come and try to tell us about the benefits of the army and shit and how there are great career prospects and I thought nothing of it at the time and now I just think... yeah man, great fucking career prospects. 20 years old and coming home in a coffin from a county he had no real business being in, only for the media to make some sort of propaganda "what a hero" shit out of it and glorify the whole frigging thing, whether with good intentions or not. Yeah, he's a hero to his friends and his family but for everyone else, it's a tragedy, an avoidable tragedy and it just saddens me. I have nothing but respect for the guy but at the same time it just seems such a goddamn waste.

So sad :(
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I have nothing but respect for the guy but at the same time it just seems such a goddamn waste.

So sad :(

exactly! one of the guys i know stood in front of his best friend when they were ambushed. he sacrificed his life.....amazing, but this shouldn't be happening.
    You got to spend it all
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    waking up sick...and not shaking it. guess the last week has finally caught up with me. :(
    having this recurring headache!
    You got to spend it all
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Someone writing "I'll be there in a minute" and not showing up..
    your light's reflected now
    i didn't get to see my friend before she went back home to CA! :( i was going to surprise her with a gift. i'll just have to ship it to her...
    You got to spend it all
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Reading a nasty thread someone started on here. Basically calling 2 of my gf's on here ugly. I cannot believe the hypocrisy that spews from some people.
    The good thing is that is was just obliterated.
    True colors suck...and just when I was starting to have some faith in the human race.
    :rolleyes:
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Reading a nasty thread and seeing unfortunate comments from someone who has never been mean to anyone on this board, even when others have been nasty with her. And realizing that even nice people have a breaking point.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    gabers wrote:
    Reading a nasty thread and seeing unfortunate comments from someone who has never been mean to anyone on this board, even when others have been nasty with her. And realizing that even nice people have a breaking point.
    u can only take so much ya know?

~my friends doggie being attacked by a freakin CAT. :mad:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    PJPixie wrote:
    UNBELIEVABLE.

That sucks :( Good thing you weren't with dreams... goodness knows what might have happened :p No seriously that isn't cool. Feel better.

Nice to meet you even if ever so briefly in NYC :)
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    you are wrote:
    i didn't get to see my friend before she went back home to CA! :( i was going to surprise her with a gift. i'll just have to ship it to her...

Oh you didn't have to buy me a gift! ;):p

Well I didnt have coldstone last week. But I did get some yummy ben and jerry's! :)
    vital5 wrote:
    Not being told about something awesome that happened to someone... share the awesomeness!

I bet this person had a really good reason for not telling you. :)

what didn't make my day: getting ANOTHER sinus infection. I got a horrible one after the Ed Ved shows and now I have one after seeing the PJ shows. Am I allergic to PJ???? :eek: God forbid!

Also, being hungry but not able to eat. Yesterday i only had a bagel and some crackers. Right now I am soooo hungry but it is hard to eat anything with my sinuses :(
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Reading a nasty thread someone started on here. Basically calling 2 of my gf's on here ugly. I cannot believe the hypocrisy that spews from some people.
    The good thing is that is was just obliterated.
    True colors suck...and just when I was starting to have some faith in the human race.
    :rolleyes:
    lets just hope these true colors stay away for good.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    Oh you didn't have to buy me a gift! ;):p

Well I didnt have coldstone last week. But I did get some yummy ben and jerry's! :)

Ben and Jerry's is my first LOVE! :p

and sorry about your sinuses. maybe being back home will help. :o
    You got to spend it all
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691

what didn't make my day: getting ANOTHER sinus infection. I got a horrible one after the Ed Ved shows and now I have one after seeing the PJ shows. Am I allergic to PJ???? :eek: God forbid!

Also, being hungry but not able to eat. Yesterday i only had a bagel and some crackers. Right now I am soooo hungry but it is hard to eat anything with my sinuses :(

No you are NOT allergic to PJ !!!! I think it was that room :eek: Feel better!!
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Moving out of my house and leaving university.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    Finding out that my this time next week ill be living in Miami.
    Nice to know you.
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486

I bet the person had a really really poor excuse...
    I guess it's the thought that counts...
    Maybe you're allergic to Eddie's Beard... *scratches an itch*

poor you.. have a steak :p
    vital5 wrote:
    I bet the person had a really really poor excuse...
    I guess it's the thought that counts...
    Maybe you're allergic to Eddie's Beard... *scratches an itch*

poor you.. have a steak :p

I have good info that this person didn't want to waste their international texts allotment/phone minutes on someone who likes to play games and "test" them. :)