~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Cute puppy, Raystrey! :D What's her name?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,870
    Cute puppy, Raystrey! :D What's her name?

That IS a good looking pup! :mrgreen:

Who's lurking in the back, with the pink slippers and flannel PJs? :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    imalive wrote:
    Cute puppy, Raystrey! :D What's her name?

That IS a good looking pup! :mrgreen:

Who's lurking in the back, with the pink slippers and flannel PJs? :shock:

her name is coco. pronounced ko ko in spanish. my kids named her like that.

and that persone lurking is my wife.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    From my local newspaper: http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/loca ... _Container

Bonney Lake dog found after missing for six months in Montana
    Buck’s back home, and his Bonney Lake owners couldn’t be happier. Their beloved dog ran away and was lost for six months in Montana.

AMY BETH HANSON; The Associated Press
    Published: 02/07/09 12:10 am | Updated: 02/07/09 12:53 am

160-07DOG_P.highlight.prod_affiliate.5.jpg
    PETER HALEY/The News Tribune
    Seventeen-year-old Jason Halter of Bonney Lake got his dog Buck back after it was lost for nearly six months in Montana. Mom Kim Halter is behind.

A 7-year-old golden retriever named Buck, startled by a train whistle last summer and lost for six months in Montana, is back home in Bonney Lake thanks to the efforts of several residents in the small town of Chester.

“I’ve never had a miracle happen to me, so I don’t really know what to think,” said Kim Halter.

Halter said she, her husband and two of their sons were on a family trip to Montana in August when they stopped at a rest stop along U.S. 2 in Chester.

“The dog was normally never on a leash. Big mistake,” Halter said Thursday. “But he was always next to my son. He never left his side, so we never really had a problem.

“We were under the trestle when the horn blew. When Buck heard the whistle, he took off like a shot. None of us even saw him.”

Halter said Maxine Woods, who lives across the highway, was waving her arms and trying to tell them that their dog ran away.

“He just basically disappeared,” Woods said Friday. “He was just going faster than any dog I’ve seen run.”

Woods joined the search.

“She got in her car and then she started calling people and before you knew it everybody around there was looking for our dog,” Halter said. After two days of unsuccessful searching, the Halters, brokenhearted, resumed their travels.

“We went to the library and the librarian in Chester made us posters and wouldn’t charge us a dime for them,” Halter said. The family put the posters up in banks and post offices in the small towns around the area.

“That was about all we could do,” she said.

After a few false sightings, the family didn’t hear anything for six months. Buck had a collar with a license tag, but he tended to wear it loose, and he hadn’t been implanted with a microchip.

As fall turned into winter, heavy snow fell in the Chester area and temperatures occasionally fell into the 20-below-zero range.

“Every time we’d hear about the weather we would just cringe,” Halter said. “I would just cry even harder, thinking ‘Where is my Buck?’ And of course I couldn’t let my son (17-year-old Jason) know. I never let him see me cry because he kept the faith and kept the hope.

“He would tell me all the time that Buck’s coming home,” she said of her son, who had had the dog since it was a puppy. “He actually thought he was going to walk home like in (the movie) ‘Homeward Bound.’”

It was about 27 degrees below zero early Jan. 25, the day Jason Wanken spotted a stray dog on his family farm just north of Chester.

“We spotted this dog out here on the farm, just on and off, going through the creek and whatnot,” Wanken said. “We just never had a prime opportunity to go over and get him.”

Later in the week, Wanken used a snowmobile to bring some food to the dog, which had taken up residence under a collapsed building.

Wanken’s mother had remembered the name of the golden retriever that had gone missing last summer and told Wanken to see if the dog would answer to the name Buck.

“The next day, I took the boys out with me and I had a full bag of food with me and I just rattled that bag,” he said. “I started to feed it and could actually pet it then.”

Wanken and his wife were able to use food to lure the dog into a kennel.

They took the dog to Woods’ house.

“I thought it couldn’t be this dog, though, it’s been too long,” Wanken said.

Woods called Halter last Saturday.

“She e-mailed me three pictures and when I was on the phone with her I received the pictures, and we both started crying and I said that was him,” Halter said.

Confirmation that the dog had an underbite sent the Halters on a 750-mile trip.

“We drove all night,” she said, arriving Sunday afternoon in Chester.

“When we got to the Wankens, he ran right up to us and it was absolutely without a doubt him,” Halter said. “It was a miracle. He looked at us and we looked at him and we were all crying. It was beyond amazing.”

No one seems to know where Buck had been between Aug. 13 and Jan. 25. Halter said he lost about 40 pounds – from overweight to prairie-thin. Since his return, Buck has visited a veterinarian, received shots, and had a microchip implanted.

“From the time he left us until the time Jason Wanken found him, there is no clue where he’s been or what he’s done,” Halter said. “Only he knows. I almost feel like taking him to a pet psychic to see if they could tell me. Only he knows his secret and he’s keeping it to himself.

“I tell ya one thing, he hasn’t stopped smiling since he got home and neither have we.”
    aNiMaL wrote:

Buck’s back home, and his Bonney Lake owners couldn’t be happier. Their beloved dog ran away and was lost for six months in Montana.

Seventeen-year-old Jason Halter of Bonney Lake got his dog Buck back after it was lost for nearly six months in Montana. Mom Kim Halter is behind.

A 7-year-old golden retriever named Buck, startled by a train whistle last summer and lost for six months in Montana, is back home in Bonney Lake thanks to the efforts of several residents in the small town of Chester.

“I’ve never had a miracle happen to me, so I don’t really know what to think,” said Kim Halter.

Halter said she, her husband and two of their sons were on a family trip to Montana in August when they stopped at a rest stop along U.S. 2 in Chester.

“The dog was normally never on a leash. Big mistake,” Halter said Thursday. “But he was always next to my son. He never left his side, so we never really had a problem.

“We were under the trestle when the horn blew. When Buck heard the whistle, he took off like a shot. None of us even saw him.”

Halter said Maxine Woods, who lives across the highway, was waving her arms and trying to tell them that their dog ran away.

“He just basically disappeared,” Woods said Friday. “He was just going faster than any dog I’ve seen run.”

Woods joined the search.

“She got in her car and then she started calling people and before you knew it everybody around there was looking for our dog,” Halter said. After two days of unsuccessful searching, the Halters, brokenhearted, resumed their travels.

“We went to the library and the librarian in Chester made us posters and wouldn’t charge us a dime for them,” Halter said. The family put the posters up in banks and post offices in the small towns around the area.

After a few false sightings, the family didn’t hear anything for six months. Buck had a collar with a license tag, but he tended to wear it loose, and he hadn’t been implanted with a microchip.

As fall turned into winter, heavy snow fell in the Chester area and temperatures occasionally fell into the 20-below-zero range.

“Every time we’d hear about the weather we would just cringe,” Halter said. “I would just cry even harder, thinking ‘Where is my Buck?’ And of course I couldn’t let my son (17-year-old Jason) know. I never let him see me cry because he kept the faith and kept the hope.

“He would tell me all the time that Buck’s coming home,” she said of her son, who had had the dog since it was a puppy. “He actually thought he was going to walk home like in (the movie) ‘Homeward Bound.’”

It was about 27 degrees below zero early Jan. 25, the day Jason Wanken spotted a stray dog on his family farm just north of Chester.

“We spotted this dog out here on the farm, just on and off, going through the creek and whatnot,” Wanken said. “We just never had a prime opportunity to go over and get him.”

Later in the week, Wanken used a snowmobile to bring some food to the dog, which had taken up residence under a collapsed building.

Wanken’s mother had remembered the name of the golden retriever that had gone missing last summer and told Wanken to see if the dog would answer to the name Buck.

“The next day, I took the boys out with me and I had a full bag of food with me and I just rattled that bag,” he said. “I started to feed it and could actually pet it then.”

“She e-mailed me three pictures and when I was on the phone with her I received the pictures, and we both started crying and I said that was him,” Halter said.

“When we got to the Wankens, he ran right up to us and it was absolutely without a doubt him,” Halter said. “It was a miracle. He looked at us and we looked at him and we were all crying. It was beyond amazing.”

No one seems to know where Buck had been between Aug. 13 and Jan. 25. Halter said he lost about 40 pounds – from overweight to prairie-thin. Since his return, Buck has visited a veterinarian, received shots, and had a microchip implanted.

“From the time he left us until the time Jason Wanken found him, there is no clue where he’s been or what he’s done,” Halter said. “Only he knows. I almost feel like taking him to a pet psychic to see if they could tell me. Only he knows his secret and he’s keeping it to himself.

“I tell ya one thing, he hasn’t stopped smiling since he got home and neither have we.”

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! Thank you!! That article made my day. I need nothing else. :D:D:D:D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    http://www.weim.net/emberweims/Vaccine.html

I want to share this link with everyone. I've done a lot of research in to the over-vaccination of our dogs. It is felt that it is causing disease and the early deaths of our pets that could be prevented by not vaccinating. Most dogs have complete protection after their puppy shots are done, and never need another shot except rabies because that is required by law. Dr. Dodd is a well known and respected vet in the canine world, this link is to his recommendations. Everyone would be wise to question your vet if they are trying to do boosters any more then every 3 years, and even that is too much! My own Petey got his puppy shots, and then we checked his protections levels via a titer. He came back 100% protected, and the vet will give you a certificate that you can use for boarding or training classes when they ask you for proof of vaccinations.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • aNiMaL wrote:

Woods joined the search.

This was on the front page of the paper this morning, Bozeman Daily Chron.
    It did make the news last year about a week after the dog went missing.
    Great story...
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
    The little shit chewed up a rug this morning :roll: ............so I took her to the park to wear her little ass out! :mrgreen:

IMG_2086.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BubbaBubba Posts: 631
    LOL.....great pic imalive......here's a few of Buddy at the park:

468022225_NF8PG-M.jpg

And in the back yard:

468021609_LiDqk-M.jpg

Gotta love dogs!!!
    Bubba wrote:
    LOL.....great pic imalive......here's a few of Buddy at the park:

And in the back yard:

Gotta love dogs!!!

Gracie and I would LOVE to meet Buddy!!! :mrgreen: She'd like to play in the snow, too. So far, she hasn't experienced that.... :oops:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    my wife & i are going to get our first dog q/in the next week or so & i'm really excited! we're heading to the humane society tomorrow. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mfc2006 wrote:
    my wife & i are going to get our first dog q/in the next week or so & i'm really excited! we're heading to the humane society tomorrow. 8-)

that's great!! post pics here when you do and thanks for adopting a rescue :D
    norm wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

that's great!! post pics here when you do and thanks for adopting a rescue :D

will do!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • That is a great story about Buck getting back to his family!

Since last Wednesday we have been keeping our friends' 10 month old Bichon puppy Conan. I call him Conan the Barbarian. :twisted:

For years we've had a great arrangement with these friends. Whenever they go out of town we keep their dog and when we go out of town they keep our dogs. We've always had 2 shelties and for about 10 years they had a sheltie. Even when we lost one of our dogs several years ago and later got another one, all the dogs got along great and the whole situation was really fun. Then their dog died a couple of years ago.

So last year they got this puppy. He is driving us crazy! I thought I was used to puppies but I don't know anything about Bichons. So far he has pooped in the dining room 3 times, chewed up my slippers, scratched paint off the back door, and completely bedeviled our dogs. The worst is that he wakes up about 1:00 AM every night and barks and howls. I don't know why. He doesn't want to go out. I think he just wants to go home.

Other than that, he's cute and real sweet! Of course when his mom and dad get back I'll tell them he's been a very good boy and we enjoyed having him. ;)
  • Flutter GirlFlutter Girl Posts: 548
    edited February 2009
    Post edited by Flutter Girl on
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    SEN!! Sends all her love to all the great doggies here and their owners who have been showing them off

keep it coming...she loves it!!!!!!
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    SEN!! Sends all her love to all the great doggies here and their owners who have been showing them off

keep it coming...she loves it!!!!!!

That's no shit. I heard from her too. :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    here's our new dog, Sam. we just got him from the Humane Society yesterday & he's a lot of fun! he's a doxin/jack russell mix. he's also a big pearl jam fan! 8-)

100_0531-1.jpg
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    here's our new dog, Sam. we just got him from the Humane Society yesterday & he's a lot of fun! he's a doxin/jack russell mix. he's also a big pearl jam fan! 8-)

100_0531-1.jpg

Good job!!! :mrgreen: How old is the little guy?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    thanks! he's 2 years old.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:

100_0531-1.jpg

since sen isn't here let me say

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

congrats!! :D
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    mfc2006 wrote:

100_0531-1.jpg

Nice work!! :D

Whats a Doxin?? Thats a new one to me!!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    P1030185_8x10.jpg?t=1234485749
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    P1030185_8x10.jpg?t=1234485749

great pic!! :mrgreen:
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    norm wrote:

thx :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    norm wrote:

...of a great looking dog! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Austicman wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

100_0531-1.jpg

Dachshund?
    Or as old time Texans say, Dash-hound? :lol:

Congrats, Sam is very cute! :D
  • Here's an old one of Winston from maybe 2 winters ago
    ry%3D400

Here he is this xmas guarding the house
    ry%3D400

And today after a trip to the vet because he almost ripped his entire nail off somehow. Of course he won't leave the bandage alone so on goes the cone.
    ry%3D400
    Austicman wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

100_0531-1.jpg

Dachshund?

thanks! yeah---apparently doxins are dachshunds. d'oh! 8-)
    give me a break, though...it's my 1st dog!!! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    Dachshund?

thanks! yeah---apparently doxins are dachshunds. d'oh! 8-)
    give me a break, though...it's my 1st dog!!! 8-)
    np
    My minor in college was German or I wouldn't be able to spell it either, lol! Probably why most people call them weenie dogs!