~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Thank you again, guys. I really appreciate it. We miss her so much. My wife's friend got us these windchimes as a way to remember her. I thought that was such a great idea!
    I love that idea! Chiming a gentle reminder that she will always be with you.❤️
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this but after 2 weeks of thinking about it and Long Road playing on PJ Siriusxm I thought it was time.
    2 weeks ago Bentleys Excellent Adventure came to an end. He was almost 17. He was mostly deaf, the hips were shot, and the vet a year ago said he had a tumor. And every few months he would have what could best be described as a neurological event. But he would recover and we would go on albeit slower and slower. After the most recent event I came to the decision that it was time. Getting him to 17 or even just a couple of more weeks wasn't going to do him or me or anyone any good. I made the appointment for the home euthanasia vet through tears but once I did it a weight seemed to lift.

On his last night he got some of his favorite food which he had not been allowed for a couple of years. Steak, popcorn,  and some ice cream. We were up early and spent some time outside. The vet showed up and 20 minutes later he was gone. After 15+ years together it was over. We had climbed mountains together (including the highest in the continental U.S.) We had swum in rivers, lakes, and streams. We had visited and hung out in many many craft breweries and dined on lots of restaurant patios. He had chased bears, deer, elk, foxes, moose, sheep, and of course tried to herd some cattle. He enjoyed people, animals and car rides
    He will be missed.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Sorry you lost your friend.  That last night and the morning when you know the vet is coming is the absolute worst.  
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    What a regal dog he was. You’ll always be Bentley’s pop. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Man, another one so soon.
    Very sorry to hear of Bentley's passing. What a fabulous collection of photos (and therefore of course great memories).
    For a big dog getting almost to 17 is an accomplishment and a testament to how well loved and cared for he was.
    RIP Bentley, go have a romp with Kasey.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Sorry for your loss @Bentleyspop I can only imagine how much of a loss this is and how hard it is for you. Reaching nearly 17 is an amazing accomplishment and I'm sure Bentley lived his best possible life with you xxx
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,693
    I am so sorry for your loss. Bentley was magnificent. I always loved the photos you posted. His big blue eyes were so soulful. I can tell how much you loved and cared for him. I am sure he knew as well. I know how it feels to have that weight lifted. You just want them out of pain. RIP Bentley!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    oh, man….first kasey and now bentley.. those are HUGE holes to fill but I feel like you’ll both fill them (eventually) and, with the passage of time, your grief will be replaced with happy memories. you gave bentley a fantastic life. I’m very, very sorry.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Thanks everyone for all the kind words and support. I knew the day I picked Bentley up from the Humane Society that the day would come when I would have to make that horrible painful decision. It's part of the contract. But once I made it the weight I had been carrying for more than a year seemed to lift. I have nothing but awesome happy memories of our adventures together. And I know he led the best dog's life I could give him.

The background on my phone.. 

^That's a great photo, like worthy of being in a dog calendar or something.
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited April 2022
    Aww that's really nice @Bentleyspop - I've gotta admit that not a day goes by when this doesn't cross my mind.  My little dog does everything with me, he's 11, and everyday his prescence is just such a blessing. I don't ever want to be without him and I know that one day, sadly, he will leave a wide gaping hole in my life.  I couldn't ask for a better friend, he's exceeded all my expectations of having a pet pooch and I love him so much. 

Poncier said:
    Yeah he's a supermodel.

He was in a Colorado Brewery Dog Calendar in 2014 I believe.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Poncier said:
    Yeah he's a supermodel.

He was in a Colorado Brewery Dog Calendar in 2014 I believe.

Awww man....sorry to see Bentley passed. Maybe he's up there playing with Kasey right now. 

Our avatars will at least serve as loving reminders of our pooches. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this but after 2 weeks of thinking about it and Long Road playing on PJ Siriusxm I thought it was time.
    2 weeks ago Bentleys Excellent Adventure came to an end. He was almost 17. He was mostly deaf, the hips were shot, and the vet a year ago said he had a tumor. And every few months he would have what could best be described as a neurological event. But he would recover and we would go on albeit slower and slower. After the most recent event I came to the decision that it was time. Getting him to 17 or even just a couple of more weeks wasn't going to do him or me or anyone any good. I made the appointment for the home euthanasia vet through tears but once I did it a weight seemed to lift.

On his last night he got some of his favorite food which he had not been allowed for a couple of years. Steak, popcorn,  and some ice cream. We were up early and spent some time outside. The vet showed up and 20 minutes later he was gone. After 15+ years together it was over. We had climbed mountains together (including the highest in the continental U.S.) We had swum in rivers, lakes, and streams. We had visited and hung out in many many craft breweries and dined on lots of restaurant patios. He had chased bears, deer, elk, foxes, moose, sheep, and of course tried to herd some cattle. He enjoyed people, animals and car rides
    He will be missed.

awww sorry man. Least you gave him a good life and vice versa
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • @Bentleyspop

I heard somewhere you give them part of your life whereas they give you their whole life!  We couldn't ask for more xxx

He will be missed.

Heartbreaking to read this.  My deepest condolences.  Bentley was such a good boy. Seeing him in this thread was always a joy. (((Hugs)))
  • My son -

He will be missed.

Heartbreaking to read this.  My deepest condolences.  Bentley was such a good boy. Seeing him in this thread was always a joy. (((Hugs)))
    Thanks for the kind words. It's been a month now and every few days I run into a neighbor who doesn’t know and I have to relive it. Each time gets easier. 
  • That's cool @Bentleyspop

He will be missed.

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a month now and every few days I run into a neighbor who doesn’t know and I have to relive it. Each time gets easier. 
    As they say, “Time heals all wounds.” ❤️

He will be missed.

Good. I hope the smiles come too, if they haven’t already. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Piper and Winnie had a productive weekend.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Awesome!! What beautiful champs they are. 
    Way to go Piper and Winnie.

Hmmmm, is that a hamburger on your plate?

The schnozzes!

For all of our pup lovers — this is my kind of dog show!

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    hedonist said:
    The schnozzes!

For all of our pup lovers — this is my kind of dog show!

Yeah I saw a little of that tonight
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    Just sitting here in MSP tearing up over Juggler and bentlyspop losing their pups. Meanwhile, we're picking up our 8-week-old darling, River Stone. 

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    Beautiful pup.
    mpedone said:
    Just sitting here in MSP tearing up over Juggler and bentlyspop losing their pups. Meanwhile, we're picking up our 8-week-old darling, River Stone. 

River Stone is gorgeous. What a cutie. Keep posting photos. 
    Beautiful!