Options

~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    awful story, wp :frowning:

one of the things i remember cesar milan saying is when you introduce dogs for the first time, always try to do it in a neutral location so there are no territorial issues
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    norm said:

awful story, wp :frowning:

one of the things i remember cesar milan saying is when you introduce dogs for the first time, always try to do it in a neutral location so there are no territorial issues

That sounds like excellent advice. I don't know if I'd have even thought of that if I was already familiar with the dogs that were coming to stay. I'd completely forgotten about it but several years ago we kept my sister's Catahoula Leopard dog for a couple of months while they were in the process of moving. That was a big dog and though she was friendly to us, she did not like our shelties. We had to keep an eye on her all the time.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    Wow that is a horrible story.
    So unbelievably sad.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    sadly, I know of two other instances where dogs that actually lived together "got into it" one day. I think austicman had this happen with orbit.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I remember that about austicman. It was how he lost Bubba.

I guess if I was trying to make a point, it's just that we can love our dogs, feed them the best food, get them vet care, do everything that we know to do for them, but there's still a world of things we can't control. That's why I can't judge my SIL. Nobody could have loved Max more than she did. It was one mistake with terrible consequences.
  • Options
    Please, somebody post some happy dog pictures.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Who P, no judgments. Animals will be animals. I know I'd be tearing myself up - likely wrongly so - were I in her shoes.

Hope you get a smile from these. Thank Wob's state :)

• Options

Please, somebody post some happy dog pictures.

Hi
  • Options
    Norm-brows :hug:
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Hi Norm.

Happy pix. Daughter came home from study in London summer program last night. Lisa the dog slept outside her door the whole night. This morning she got in bed with her. And wouldn't move.

imagephoto IMG_8388_zpss9tb2gvz.jpg" />

imagephoto FullSizeRender_zpsxcqe6s0j.jpg" />
  • Options
    Two lovely beauties, E.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    awe

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    My dog keeping warm..
  • Options
    My handsome little poser..
  • Options
    What a face! And I love the ear differential.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

What a face! And I love the ear differential.

Thank you..
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    My poor little baby doggie Brandi got really hurt yesterday. :cry::cry:

Yesterday afternoon went to shit quick. I have a real little 4lb 9 month old Parti Yorkie. My friend had her in the chair next to her, and she let the dog jumped off the chair and broke her front leg in two places. Went to the vet, they did a x-ray and they sent me to a orthopedic surgeon. They put her leg in a splint because they didn't have any openings to do the surgery until Friday morning. This is going to be at least a $4,000 hit in the pocket. I didn't need this to happen, that's for damn sure. D:. But will not blink an eye at paying the money to get my little baby Brandi fixed and back to her playful self again. Was going to Wrigley, but not now, :frowning: my little baby Brandi is way, way more important.

Have to drop her off at the orthopedic surgeon at 9 AM in the morning, to get a couple plates and screws put into her tiny leg. Won't see her again until Saturday sometime when I get to pick her up. :frowning::worried: Just :prayer: everything goes well tomorrow. Not going to get any sleep tonight or until I get her back on Saturday. Here are a couple pics of her in here splint. Going to be a rough couple months ahead for her and myself.

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    EM194007 said:

My poor little baby doggie Brandi got really hurt yesterday. :cry::cry:

Yesterday afternoon went to shit quick. I have a real little 4lb 9 month old Parti Yorkie. My friend had her in the chair next to her, and she let the dog jumped off the chair and broke her front leg in two places. Went to the vet, they did a x-ray and they sent me to a orthopedic surgeon. They put her leg in a splint because they didn't have any openings to do the surgery until Friday morning. This is going to be at least a $4,000 hit in the pocket. I didn't need this to happen, that's for damn sure. D:. But will not blink an eye at paying the money to get my little baby Brandi fixed and back to her playful self again. Was going to Wrigley, but not now, :frowning: my little baby Brandi is way, way more important.

Have to drop her off at the orthopedic surgeon at 9 AM in the morning, to get a couple plates and screws put into her tiny leg. Won't see her again until Saturday sometime when I get to pick her up. :frowning::worried: Just :prayer: everything goes well tomorrow. Not going to get any sleep tonight or until I get her back on Saturday. Here are a couple pics of her in here splint. Going to be a rough couple months ahead for her and myself.

Poor Brandi. Best wishes for a smooth operation and speedy recovery.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Good wishes from here as well (and sorry about Wrigley).
  • Options
    Sending healing wishes for Brandi. Hoping she will heal quickly, since she's still so young.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, just got home from dropping her off at the orthopedic surgeon. :frowning: I know I'll be real worried until later when they give me a call and tell me the surgery went well, :worried: as well until she is back home tomorrow.

I could care less about Wrigley right now hedonist, though I'll miss it. I just want my little Brandi to get well. My brother bought tickets for him and I to go to Alice Cooper tonight (never have seen him) I don't really feel like going. But probably should to try and clear my mind for a couple hours, nothing I can do just sitting at home.
  • Options
    aww poor Brandi. i'm sure she'll be fine.
  • Options
    Forget Über, I have Nörm.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

Thanks everyone, just got home from dropping her off at the orthopedic surgeon. :frowning: I know I'll be real worried until later when they give me a call and tell me the surgery went well, :worried: as well until she is back home tomorrow.

I could care less about Wrigley right now hedonist, though I'll miss it. I just want my little Brandi to get well. My brother bought tickets for him and I to go to Alice Cooper tonight (never have seen him) I don't really feel like going. But probably should to try and clear my mind for a couple hours, nothing I can do just sitting at home.

Never seen Alice Cooper but I have a friend who's a huge fan and says his shows are really fun. Sounds like it could be a good distraction for you.
  • Options
    norm said:

Always good to have a responsible driver at the wheel. :relieved:
  • Options
    "Nörm" =)
  • Options

EM194007 said:

Never seen Alice Cooper but I have a friend who's a huge fan and says his shows are really fun. Sounds like it could be a good distraction for you.
    Yes, it will be a good distraction, plus they're great seats. Nothing I can do, so might as well go enjoy the show. Might not get a chance to see him again, never know.
  • Options
    norm said:

Cute pic. :smile:
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    norm said:

Norm is awesome.
    ELITIST FUK