~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527

Has anyone tried one of these thundershirt things? Jammer is deathly afraid of thunderstorms and fireworks. I've heard that they help somewhat. Gotta try something for this weekend because this is how Jammer has been dealing with all of the thunderstorms we've had recently....

I'm trying to talk my dad into getting one for Zoe. They DO help.
    P.S. jammer has gorgeous eyes!!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

Has anyone tried one of these thundershirt things? Jammer is deathly afraid of thunderstorms and fireworks. I've heard that they help somewhat. Gotta try something for this weekend because this is how Jammer has been dealing with all of the thunderstorms we've had recently....

A friend of mine has a smaller dog that has severe anxiety with thunderstorms. They got a thundershirt and said it worked really well. I would think it works on a dog by dog basis, but couldn't hurt to try. Poor Jammer, hope it works for him.
    I sure hope so too! I feel so helpless when he's just hiding in the bathroom and shaking. Poor guy.
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Lots of puppy pics :dog:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    My wife is being tempted by fate. There is a rescue group at Lowe's this weekend and they have a chocloate lab puppy. My daughter sent me a photo of my wife holding it. I know my wife, she is not a dog person but puppies is another thing. That sweet puppy smell, the cuddliness. I would give it about a 25% chance she comes home with a buddy for Boomer. Its how we ended up with Boomer in the same way. I love dogs and wouldn't mind having another so we shall see. I'm letting fate play out here on this one.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    No new puppy but my wife was really tempted. They only had males left and my wife just told me she wants a female dog next. Our dog we got when we were married she adored and was female. So I would expect Boomer to have a sister in the very near future.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    We had two packages of muffines sitting on the counter from Costco...my cat knocked them on the floor and Pearl Piggy lived up to her name and ate ALL of one of them....lol She is now a bloated puppy....who will probably have diarrhea....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    PJSiren said:

We had two packages of muffines sitting on the counter from Costco...my cat knocked them on the floor and Pearl Piggy lived up to her name and ate ALL of one of them....lol She is now a bloated puppy....who will probably have diarrhea....

I like Costco muffins, too!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited July 2015
    imalive said:

PJSiren said:

Yeah she apparently really liked the Apple Strudel but not the lemon poppy seed ones...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

Yeah she apparently really liked the Apple Strudel but not the lemon poppy seed ones...lol
    Good thing too!! Poppy seeds can be horrible for doggies! Be prepared for possible puke too. Sugar doesn't break down well in dogs. Hope she feels better soon!!
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Sophie and I were watching the rain, well i took this pic... taken this afternoon

photo 2015-07-07 12.12.10_zpscpwsjyo4.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Pretty girl Sophie!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    imageThis cracked me up!! Poor doggie!

PJSiren said:

imalive said:

PJSiren said:

Good thing too!! Poppy seeds can be horrible for doggies! Be prepared for possible puke too. Sugar doesn't break down well in dogs. Hope she feels better soon!!
    She hasn't puked at all....but her poop hasn't been solid since she ate the muffins....lol The little stinker butt she is....I love her to bits and pieces but OMG she's a hand full...

Tattooed Dissident!
    So I posted this in first world problems, but I'll post it here....I had to get up at 5 am to go tow my hubby's truck home, luckily only a few blocks from home when the trouble happened so no biggie...but I open the front door to leave and who do I spot running around the front yard but Pearl Piggy....she listened like a good girl and came right in....I'm not pointing fingers, because I don't know if it was her or a cat, but someone punched or slashed a hole into the screen portion of our sliding glass door and she and both cats thought they'd exit....Autzen had been barking and I told him to shut up...he was barking because he knew they were all outside....and he was the only good pet....lol So I got Eliot in too and shut the slider, but Beans the other cat wasn't having it so I said screw it becaus eI had to go get my hubby and when we got back home 30 minutes later he was sitting pretty ready to go back inside....
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

So I posted this in first world problems, but I'll post it here....I had to get up at 5 am to go tow my hubby's truck home, luckily only a few blocks from home when the trouble happened so no biggie...but I open the front door to leave and who do I spot running around the front yard but Pearl Piggy....she listened like a good girl and came right in....I'm not pointing fingers, because I don't know if it was her or a cat, but someone punched or slashed a hole into the screen portion of our sliding glass door and she and both cats thought they'd exit....Autzen had been barking and I told him to shut up...he was barking because he knew they were all outside....and he was the only good pet....lol So I got Eliot in too and shut the slider, but Beans the other cat wasn't having it so I said screw it becaus eI had to go get my hubby and when we got back home 30 minutes later he was sitting pretty ready to go back inside....

Welcome to the land of many pets!! I always have to laugh ( after the fact) when multiple pets conspire together towards escape! Lol good boy Autzen for staying inside.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Thought my fellow dog-lovers would enjoy this, if you haven't seen it already.
    http://acidcow.com/pics/72330-after-his-wife-left-this-guy-created-an-awesome-photo-series-with-his-dog-20-pics.html
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    hedonist said:

http://acidcow.com/pics/72330-after-his-wife-left-this-guy-created-an-awesome-photo-series-with-his-dog-20-pics.html

That is awesome!! Thank you for posting that. It kind-of reminds me of one of my favorite sites: http://maddieonthings.com/
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

hedonist said:

That is awesome!! Thank you for posting that. It kind-of reminds me of one of my favorite sites: http://maddieonthings.com/
    D'awww!
    hedonist said:

Awww, I love Bullnose terriers, I've always wanted one....soooooo darn cute!!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Oh man, I could nuzzle their schnozzes. And they seem like such sweethearts!
    hedonist said:

Oh man, I could nuzzle their schnozzes. And they seem like such sweethearts!

They are.. But they can be vicious little guys too. Just like Pit Bulls these guys need and craft constant drive and focus! They are an AMAZING breed!
    big day for Piper...

she got a bath and was left alone with free rein of the house, for the first time. you might think she could have been trusted before 16 months but, hey, couches are expensive. she passed her test! :innocent:

photo IMG_0565_zpseh3xly7g.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    She looks beautiful. :heart:
    edited July 2015
    Bubby boy, (aka) Autzen, got a summer shave....

Post edited by PJSiren on
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

Bubby boy, (aka) Autzen, got a summer shave....

he's awfully cute but I hope the other dogs don't make fun of him.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Piper looks proud of herself.

And I love the summer haircuts! My sister's Golden probably had hers already - she always gets that "ahhh" face.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    perhaps if i do the exact same things to my dog perhaps it may disown me lol its winter here