~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    :cry:

Sammi was the most gorgeous dog in this thread...that's how I'll remember her.

I will also always remember that you gave sammi some privileges she didn't get from other family members. I'll bet she loved you best. ;)
    hehehe... yeah, like I always snuck her into bed.
    :P :oops:
    IMG_0675.jpg
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Sophie trying to sleep as i took these pictures last night...

100_2370.jpg

She is trying to keep an eye on me... :mrgreen:

100_2371.jpg
    I always wondered what they were thinking when we take pictures of them.
    More often than not they look unimpressed hahaha :D
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    haffajappa wrote:
    imalive wrote:

I will also always remember that you gave sammi some privileges she didn't get from other family members. I'll bet she loved you best. ;)
    hehehe... yeah, like I always snuck her into bed.
    :P :oops:
    IMG_0675.jpg

indeed i do remember those stories. those are what i thought of, when imalive wrote that.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

you gotta be stealthy

photobucket-2840-1329603363095.jpg

:D
  • haffajappa wrote:
    Hi friends...
    Vedderfan's post was about me. She took it down when I said I was hoping to let you all know what happened - she's too thoughtful i really didn't mind :oops:

For those of you who don't know, I'm helping my dad run his restaurant on Mount Washington, Vancouver Island. I go home about once every 2 weeks for a day or so, barely enough time to see the family, catch up with friends, and spend some quality time with my baby Sammi. We found out a month or so ago that Sammi has had a mass growing on her colon and they weren't sure if it was a tumour or if it was a mass of fat. A bunch of expensive tests later and they still couldn't determine which it was, and the only option after that was to have an expensive MRI done. By this point we felt even if the MRI determined what kind of surgery she should have, that she was too old to go through that and recover from it. The vet said to give it a bit of time, but that the mass would likely grow big enough that she wasn't able to go to the washroom at all, and soon after that the inevitable would happen.

Today I got "the call" from my family that she would have to be put down, that she hadn't eaten or had water in a week, and that she was in a lot of pain last night. They scheduled her to be put down at 10:00am, that she wasn't going to last much longer. But at this point it was already 8:30am, and it takes me 2 hours to get to the ferry and another 1.5 hours to cross. I told them to tell her to hold on, that I was coming home and that I hadn't abandoned her, and to tell her to wait as best she could. I got to Vancouver at around 2:30 and she was in the car wrapped in a blanket unable to move much, save for putting her head on my lap and giving me her paw. So we rushed home during rush hour, it took us over an hour to get to the vet. On the way she breathed heavy and threw up bile. She was moaning pretty badly the last 10 minutes before the vet.

I'll never forget the way she flopped her head back on my uncles shoulder when he picked her up. I was literally watching her die when we carried her through the parking lot. We got her to the vet and lay her on the table and they were amazing and got us to take our time as they sedated her. I held her and my family stood by and said goodbyes. Then the doctor injected her and waited til her heart stopped. She passed away around 4:30pm.

Everyone said she waited for me. As soon as I got off the ferry and into the car I held her the whole way home and talked to her. She kept using her last bit of energy to push her body on top of my lap. She was loyal to the very end.

RIP my gorgeous lady.

sammiRIP.jpg

thanks for listening all <3

Aww, Steph, I'm so sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family and of course to Sammi. May she rest in peace.

I'm very relieved to hear that she waited for you. I know the past couple of months must have been brutal for you being away from her and all. I'm sorry her and Nikita never got to romp in the sand on the beach together. Let me know when your back on the island. I'm heading up to Ukee and Tofino next week. Perhaps we can meet up in Nanaimo or something.

((((Hugs and good vibes))))

Selena xx
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    the intrepid snow dog, exploring the park :mrgreen:

Photo0317.jpg

I know there's sticks under here! :lol:

Photo0319.jpg

Photo0314.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

you gotta be stealthy

photobucket-2840-1329603363095.jpg

:D

:lol::D:clap:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

imalive wrote:

Photo0317.jpg

Photo0319.jpg

Photo0314.jpg

is that what snow looks like :wtf:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:

we got a decent little dump....did it miss you? :cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:

Photo0317.jpg

Photo0319.jpg

Photo0314.jpg
    Helluva view in that park! :clap:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    haffajappa wrote:
    Hi friends...
    Vedderfan's post was about me. She took it down when I said I was hoping to let you all know what happened - she's too thoughtful i really didn't mind :oops:

For those of you who don't know, I'm helping my dad run his restaurant on Mount Washington, Vancouver Island. I go home about once every 2 weeks for a day or so, barely enough time to see the family, catch up with friends, and spend some quality time with my baby Sammi. We found out a month or so ago that Sammi has had a mass growing on her colon and they weren't sure if it was a tumour or if it was a mass of fat. A bunch of expensive tests later and they still couldn't determine which it was, and the only option after that was to have an expensive MRI done. By this point we felt even if the MRI determined what kind of surgery she should have, that she was too old to go through that and recover from it. The vet said to give it a bit of time, but that the mass would likely grow big enough that she wasn't able to go to the washroom at all, and soon after that the inevitable would happen.

Today I got "the call" from my family that she would have to be put down, that she hadn't eaten or had water in a week, and that she was in a lot of pain last night. They scheduled her to be put down at 10:00am, that she wasn't going to last much longer. But at this point it was already 8:30am, and it takes me 2 hours to get to the ferry and another 1.5 hours to cross. I told them to tell her to hold on, that I was coming home and that I hadn't abandoned her, and to tell her to wait as best she could. I got to Vancouver at around 2:30 and she was in the car wrapped in a blanket unable to move much, save for putting her head on my lap and giving me her paw. So we rushed home during rush hour, it took us over an hour to get to the vet. On the way she breathed heavy and threw up bile. She was moaning pretty badly the last 10 minutes before the vet.

I'll never forget the way she flopped her head back on my uncles shoulder when he picked her up. I was literally watching her die when we carried her through the parking lot. We got her to the vet and lay her on the table and they were amazing and got us to take our time as they sedated her. I held her and my family stood by and said goodbyes. Then the doctor injected her and waited til her heart stopped. She passed away around 4:30pm.

Everyone said she waited for me. As soon as I got off the ferry and into the car I held her the whole way home and talked to her. She kept using her last bit of energy to push her body on top of my lap. She was loyal to the very end.

RIP my gorgeous lady.

sammiRIP.jpg

thanks for listening all <3

Aww, Steph, I'm so sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family and of course to Sammi. May she rest in peace.

I'm very relieved to hear that she waited for you. I know the past couple of months must have been brutal for you being away from her and all. I'm sorry her and Nikita never got to romp in the sand on the beach together. Let me know when your back on the island. I'm heading up to Ukee and Tofino next week. Perhaps we can meet up in Nanaimo or something.

((((Hugs and good vibes))))

Selena xx
    Thanks again Selena (:
    I'll be heading back to the Island friday night... Not sure if I'll catch you because I'll be up in the comox valley and I don't have a car of my own - but you never know :)

imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

we got a decent little dump....did it miss you? :cry:

not even so much as a flake... :|

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• RIP Sammi :cry::cry:

So young, so beautiful...so sad
    Glad she waited for you...
    it seems like this all happened so fast :cry:
    Guess thats a good thing...she didnt suffer much
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    A picture from last night. We've discovered a great new treat for Zeke. We will his Kong with peanut butter and put it in the freezer until it gets hard and then voila! He has a treat to go to town on for a good 1/2 hour, and sure enough he loves it. I mean, look at that stare...

421244_2900807318124_1198671840_32382148_1168799214_n.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    Loulou wrote:

gracie would like us to buy a parrot to dole out treats to her :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Someone was a little excited to have her daddy back after he was away for
    almost eight months at sea :o :shock: :mrgreen:

c99396f6.jpg

7d8adbbc.jpg
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Someone was a little excited to have her daddy back after he was away for
    almost eight months at sea :o :shock: :mrgreen:

c99396f6.jpg

7d8adbbc.jpg
    That deserves a great big AWWWW!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

01161032-1.jpg
    my daughter's crew minus The Dukester

great video too cute :D

I'm afraid Pumpkin would get his head removed though :lol:
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Chippy the Budgie loved Bubba. When my girlfriend first brought him over to live with us, whenever we let him out of his cage he would fly over and sit on her shoulder. Within a few months whenever we let him out he would fly over and land on Bubba or walk over and groom her nails :D

100_1817.jpg

100_1810.jpg
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    you guys and your bird dogs ;) i think its awesome!!!

Sophie on the other hand, would like to play with each one of them. :lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I know this is a dog thread but here's a little video of my Rainbow Lorikeet....and my dog Ziggy is walking around in the back too. (thread integrity) :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJQ1lsgU ... UWCyqd7FZs

:mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I just looked up and saw people had been posting bird photos....I didn't even realise. :lol: haha Perfect timing.

My dogs have no issues with my bird....she can be a real bitch to them too and they just let her get away with it. My Dalmatian often walks away though when she's bouncing around the house like she owns the place....she gets on his nerves I think.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    First off Monty says HI!!!

DSC00253.jpg

I had to return Allie to the rescue. She had issues that I am not able to handle, some were rubbing off on Monty. I felt like I was trying to juggle jello with the two of them in the house and out on hikes. I was really sad, and cried when she left, but feel much better now, I really love her, but know in my heart I'm not her next owner nor can I help her with the issues. Monty being a Dobe needs lots of training to be a good ambassador for the breed, I need to step up my training with him. I also realized just how much I LOVE MY MONTY!

Now for a funny story.....back when I received my Ukulele CD, I got the Water on the Road DVD....I threw it aside and never even looked at what it was. Today I was cleaning and came across it and put it on.....WOW what a GIFT! And the timing couldn't have been better! I've seen Ed solo 3 times and have wished for boots, and now I don't need them!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • having serious problems with one of my dogs, don't want to give her away but not sure what choice I have,
    a couple of years ago a friends girlfriend at the time asked me if I wanted another dog, I didn't but a bloke she worked with was going to shoot the last puppy because he hadn't found a home for it. I'm a soft touch so lucky came to live with me. It was supposed to be temporary but she had been so badly abused that when I tried to give her to another home with strangers she hid in the bushes and wouldn't come out so they returned her.
    That was almost 2 years ago and we've been pretty good until recently, I have 70 acres and she has the run of it, which is just as well because she can jump most fences, very athletic. Lately she has started wandering on a regular basis, every time I get a phone call from a local number I don't recognize I'm afraid it's a neighbour yelling at me. She also thinks it's fun to take on Kangaroos (for non-Aussies Kangaroos kill dogs!).
    I thought that if I kept an eye on her it'd be alright but the other day I saw her walking off, called her, she turned to look at me and then went next door and started chasing cows.
    She hates being put on her chain but not enough to stop her from wandering and doesn't seem to be able to go more than a couple of days without doing it.
    Am at the end of my rope and need some advice! Please doggie people!?
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I personally don't let my dogs just run with out supervision, there is too much trouble for them to get in. Also we have leash laws here in the states. This might not be an answer that our doggie loving friends on this thread will like...but here it goes, can you get an e-collar? Then set her up with the cows and *correct* her with the collar. We had to do this with Monty last year as he was trying to chase cars in front of our home. Worked after 1x. He has never tried again. It was life or death for him, I hated doing it to him, but I am very happy that I did.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • yeah letting her run without supervision isn't really optional on a 70 acre farm when the dog can jump fences ... unless she lives on her chain which isn't fair to her.

Like the idea of correcting her, but afraid of 2 things, firstly if not cows then will she chase something else (ie the roos!) also how to set her up with the cows when they aren't mine.

Know there is not an easy answer, if there was guess I wouldn't need the help
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • USARAYUSARAY Posts: 517
    time on a RUN isn't bad if you have lots of love and attention, lots of free time off
    and plenty of exercise
    it was easy to let the dog roam the property but not all dogs stay put
    electric collar systems allow you to set a perimeter on partial property
    but no guarantee the dog will stay now that they have tasted freedom