Options

~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I also have an underground fence at my house. I used it for my last 5 dogs, a GSHair Pointer, 2 Weims my Dobe Petey and now Monty. It works great. When we move to our land I don't think we will be able to use the fence there, we also have a lot of acreage. I will take him out and supervise him. I also take Monty on at the very least a one hour hike everyday and some days 2 hikes. He also plays frisbee everyday. Lots of exercise equals a very well behaved~tired dog and a happy owner.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I also have an underground fence at my house. I used it for my last 5 dogs, a GSHair Pointer, 2 Weims my Dobe Petey and now Monty. It works great. When we move to our land I don't think we will be able to use the fence there, we also have a lot of acreage. I will take him out and supervise him. I also take Monty on at the very least a one hour hike everyday and some days 2 hikes. He also plays frisbee everyday. Lots of exercise equals a very well behaved~tired dog and a happy owner.

that is what i was thinking also, the underground fence.

Good to see Monty looking so comfy.... :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    PJaddicted wrote:
    First off Monty says HI!!!

DSC00253.jpg

I had to return Allie to the rescue. She had issues that I am not able to handle, some were rubbing off on Monty. I felt like I was trying to juggle jello with the two of them in the house and out on hikes. I was really sad, and cried when she left, but feel much better now, I really love her, but know in my heart I'm not her next owner nor can I help her with the issues. Monty being a Dobe needs lots of training to be a good ambassador for the breed, I need to step up my training with him. I also realized just how much I LOVE MY MONTY!
    I had a similar experience years ago caring for a rescue. He was a sheltie we found as a stray and named Happy Jack. He was actually a terrific dog in many ways, well trained and well behaved--why was nobody looking for him? We agreed to keep him for sheltie rescue until he could be adopted but after 3 weeks I had to turn him over to another foster home. Django was still a puppy and my other dog was very laid back, so Jack really dominated the 2 of them. I might have been willing to keep him if he hadn't been undoing all of Django's training. He needed to be an only dog and he was adopted into a home where that was the situation.

Monty is looking good!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    It was cuddle time for the girls this evening. They got pretty tuckered in the snow.
    f1b784e6.jpg
    P.S. I'm sad reading everyone's news this week, sounds like it's been a rough time, lately. My thoughts are with all of you!
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    Lukin66 wrote:
    P.S. I'm sad reading everyone's news this week, sounds like it's been a rough time, lately. My thoughts are with all of you!

for all the joy our dogs give us, there's always going to be pain. It's inevitable :cry: but, ultimately, worth it. :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    Lukin66 wrote:

for all the joy our dogs give us, there's always going to be pain. It's inevitable :cry: but, ultimately, worth it. :D

very well said, and so true!!! :)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    imalive wrote:
    Lukin66 wrote:

Yes...so worth it, after losing 3 boys in only 4.5 years, my heart is open again....Monty is the BEST! I'm so enjoying every moment with him. No he isn't Petey, but that's ok. Petey raised him, he left a piece of himself in Monty. Sooooo grateful that I listened to you guys and got him while Petey was sick.

We PJ fans are such a great support system for each other.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    not that we haven't seen this pose before....but, god, this dog is spoiled :mrgreen:

Photo0327.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    not that we haven't seen this pose before....but, god, this dog is spoiled :mrgreen:

Photo0327.jpg

rub her tummy already!!! ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    imalive wrote:

Photo0327.jpg
    I see she has a little hedgehog toy. My Pete used to love those. He would chew off one leg then carefully pull out all the stuffing. Hours of fascination. :lol:
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Yes...so worth it, after losing 3 boys in only 4.5 years, my heart is open again....Monty is the BEST! I'm so enjoying every moment with him. No he isn't Petey, but that's ok. Petey raised him, he left a piece of himself in Monty. Sooooo grateful that I listened to you guys and got him while Petey was sick.

After having my two old men die withing a year of eachother, I was so thankful that I adopted a young dog during that time period! You are totally right, my old man Gwydion helped raise the new guy Tomus, and is definitely a part of him today. Now that i'm down to one dog, I really want to get another! The problem being is that the 60lb dog i adopted is now a 150lb miniature horse!!! So, until I get a bigger house, I'll be a one doggie household:)

IMG_1201-1.jpg
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    First off Monty says HI!!!

DSC00253.jpg

I had to return Allie to the rescue. She had issues that I am not able to handle, some were rubbing off on Monty. I felt like I was trying to juggle jello with the two of them in the house and out on hikes. I was really sad, and cried when she left, but feel much better now, I really love her, but know in my heart I'm not her next owner nor can I help her with the issues. Monty being a Dobe needs lots of training to be a good ambassador for the breed, I need to step up my training with him. I also realized just how much I LOVE MY MONTY!
    I had a similar experience years ago caring for a rescue. He was a sheltie we found as a stray and named Happy Jack. He was actually a terrific dog in many ways, well trained and well behaved--why was nobody looking for him? We agreed to keep him for sheltie rescue until he could be adopted but after 3 weeks I had to turn him over to another foster home. Django was still a puppy and my other dog was very laid back, so Jack really dominated the 2 of them. I might have been willing to keep him if he hadn't been undoing all of Django's training. He needed to be an only dog and he was adopted into a home where that was the situation.

Monty is looking good!

I know that I made the right decision for us, and Monty too...now a week later and he is still doing some of the things she did....why do they pick up the bad behavior?? The worry from her other issues was just too much for us to deal with. We aren't cut out for that sort of training that she so needs. I do feel really badly about Allie because she is in a kennel now. No one in the rescue can foster her because of her issues with most dogs and cats. Please all keep her in your thoughts that someone can take her in and help her.
    loolooloo wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:

After having my two old men die withing a year of eachother, I was so thankful that I adopted a young dog during that time period! You are totally right, my old man Gwydion helped raise the new guy Tomus, and is definitely a part of him today. Now that i'm down to one dog, I really want to get another! The problem being is that the 60lb dog i adopted is now a 150lb miniature horse!!! So, until I get a bigger house, I'll be a one doggie household:)

IMG_1201-1.jpg

Sorry for your loses. 150#!!! That's a lot of dog!!! We are going to stick to one dog from now on. We are finally at a point in life where things are getting a little quiet after raising a big family, we need a little rest :lol: from all the chaos. Monty has no problem being an only dog. He was not that crazy about the Foster girl, she would nip him really hard and some days he wanted to kill her, but being the good boy he is, he held back. As long as we play Frisbee and hike with him every day he is one happy boy. Enjoy your big boy!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Options
    loolooloo wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:

IMG_1201-1.jpg

you-know-who is going to love this guy! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I see she has a little hedgehog toy. My Pete used to love those. He would chew off one leg then carefully pull out all the stuffing. Hours of fascination. :lol:

she has several quadruple amputee hedgehogs laying about. :lol:

one, I think, dates to her welcome into our household.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    imalive wrote:

IMG_1201-1.jpg

you-know-who is going to love this guy! :mrgreen:[/quote]

I-don't-know-who!

As long as they don't love him it's ok.

I'm also so new here that it took me a bit to figure out that "mr. green" is a smiley, and not some secret code man that I have to meet. Winning!

• Options
    imalive wrote:

IMG_1201-1.jpg

loolooloo wrote:
    I-don't-know-who!

the girl who started this wonderful thread had a Rottie. :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

rub her tummy already!!! ;)

she already hears "do you need a widdle tummy wub?" probably 10 times a day :lol:

we got some decent snow last night. woo-hoo!

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    ;):lol:

GoodMorning.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    ;):lol:

GoodMorning.jpg
    :D:lol:
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

IMG_1201-1.jpg

loolooloo wrote:
    I-don't-know-who!

the girl who started this wonderful thread had a Rottie. :D

Ooooh, ok, thanks for clarifying! Rotties rock :)

IMG_1960.jpg

• Options
    imalive wrote:

we got some decent snow last night. woo-hoo!

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg

Those are great!!! My dog has only seen snow once, and he was not a big fan!

• Options
    Today is Sophie's Birthday. She is 1 year old. I am so happy that i ended up with her.

This was the day i got her, she was 8 weeks old
    Sophie4-2011.jpg

This is Sophie at 1
    100_2400.jpg

100_2389.jpg

100_2378.jpg

Look at the stick i have been chewing on...
    100_2375.jpg

This picture is for Sen!!! BTW hedgehog only lasted 15 minutes :mrgreen:
    100_2393.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Happy birthday, Sophie! What a good looking girl you are!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    loolooloo wrote:

IMG_1201-1.jpg
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He is BEEEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! oh my god oh my god oh my godddd!!!!!PLEASE keep posting more pics!!!! And a VERY welcome to this thread! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    :D HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY SOPHIE!!!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Today is Sophie's Birthday. She is 1 year old. I am so happy that i ended up with her.

This is Sophie at 1
    100_2400.jpg

:mrgreen:

happy birthday sophie!!
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

100_2378.jpg

we're happy too! Happy Birthday Sophie!!

still no snow up there? :wtf:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Sophie had a great Birthday, thanks you guys...

Snow, huh... We had snow last week, melted in a day. It is about 60*F today. Snow on Tuesday with a high of 34*, but back up to 50 something...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

This picture is for Sen!!! BTW hedgehog only lasted 15 minutes :mrgreen:
    100_2393.jpg

LOVVVVVVVVVE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Happy Birthday Sophie!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Sophie had a great Birthday, thanks you guys...

Snow, huh... We had snow last week, melted in a day. It is about 60*F today. Snow on Tuesday with a high of 34*, but back up to 50 something...
    Happy belated Bday Sophie !

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers